McVay is not ready..another dumb move
  • Massimo
    Rookie

McVay is not ready..another dumb move

by Massimo » 11 Jan 2017, 06:28

I have a hard time understanding why the Rams would risk hiring an inexperienced coordinator as Head coach. There are simply too many unknowns about his readiness to put a fragile franchise in his inexperienced hands. Are they that afraid of missing out on the next "hot" coordinator? Isn't that an unnecessary risk? The Rams are already carrying Loser Les Snead around, now you want to couple him with an unproven guy like McVay? I get it, he had some success with Cousins, and the Washington offense, but thinking that will translate into success for J Goff is foolish. It is foolish anyway to think anyone is going to transform Jared Goff into something he is not (a good QB). This is really another example of how this franchise is trash. They foolishly committed to a lousy QB, and now will prioritize finding their next Head Coach on who will be able to maximize Goff's talents when that is a lost cause. Only the Rams.
  • crazy-legs
    Bench Warmer

Re: McVay is not ready..another dumb move

by crazy-legs » 11 Jan 2017, 06:33

He's too young IMO. Being a HC in the NFL is like running a major company. 18 to 20 hour days. I know I wouldn't hand it over to him...

The smart money IMO is either Matt Patricia (my favorite out of the bunch) or Shanahan...

Hopefully we'll get it right...
    Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...
  • Timking124
    Rookie

by Timking124 » 11 Jan 2017, 06:45

This too young notion is ridiculous. He is either a good coach or he is not. If he is believed to be the best out of the bunch, lock him up. With any Rookie HC, regardless of age, is a toss up and most will fail.

Shannahan, Patricia and McVay all have the same amount of experience as a HC who knows if anyone is Ready. There have been coaches sons who failed, hot targeted pats coordinators who have failed, so who knows.
    Rams fan from Connecticut since 99
  • Ants
    Bench Warmer

by Ants » 11 Jan 2017, 06:57

Massimo wrote:I have a hard time understanding why the Rams would risk hiring an inexperienced coordinator as Head coach. There are simply too many unknowns about his readiness to put a fragile franchise in his inexperienced hands. Are they that afraid of missing out on the next "hot" coordinator? Isn't that an unnecessary risk? The Rams are already carrying Loser Les Snead around, now you want to couple him with an unproven guy like McVay? I get it, he had some success with Cousins, and the Washington offense, but thinking that will translate into success for J Goff is foolish. It is foolish anyway to think anyone is going to transform Jared Goff into something he is not (a good QB). This is really another example of how this franchise is trash. They foolishly committed to a lousy QB, and now will prioritize finding their next Head Coach on who will be able to maximize Goff's talents when that is a lost cause. Only the Rams.

Yes, The Rams should give the job to an experienced guy like Fisher. :roll:
    Oh, I get it - experience does count - just like it counts for 21 year old rookie QB's. :idea:
    Dude, I hereby dub thee - The Putz II.
    Last edited by Ants on 11 Jan 2017, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
    :idea: Let's win some games.
  • Jack85Blood
    Rookie

by Jack85Blood » 11 Jan 2017, 06:58

WE HIRED HIM ??? WTF ???
    SoCalRam78
    Bench Warmer

by SoCalRam78 » 11 Jan 2017, 07:01

Rams have done the experienced, expensive retread thing in Fisher. They've done the hot coordinator thing in Spags and Linehan. This would be more out of the box than anything. Give me a guy who is young, a tireless worker and hungry.
    Fan since 80s
  • Massimo
    Rookie

by Massimo » 11 Jan 2017, 07:27

just seems an unnecessary risk. Plenty of good options with less unknowns.
  • Ants
    Bench Warmer

by Ants » 11 Jan 2017, 07:31

SoCalRam78 wrote:Rams have done the experienced, expensive retread thing in Fisher. They've done the hot coordinator thing in Spags and Linehan. This would be more out of the box than anything. Give me a guy who is young, a tireless worker and hungry.

This^^
  • Timking124
    Rookie

by Timking124 » 11 Jan 2017, 07:35

Massimo wrote:just seems an unnecessary risk. Plenty of good options with less unknowns.

Every coaching candidate is an unknown.

May I make a motion for us to band together and rally around whoever the Rams select as there HC regardless of who it is.
  • Ants
    Bench Warmer

by Ants » 11 Jan 2017, 07:40

Timking124 wrote:
    May I make a motion for us to band together and rally around whoever the Rams select as there HC regardless of who it is.

There's no reason not to. You have to give whomever it is a chance to prove themselves - just like Warner, Trump, whomever.
    ...but you know there are a few here that just can't resist complaining about something...or everything. :oops:
  • Timking124
    Rookie

by Timking124 » 11 Jan 2017, 07:41

SoCalRam78 wrote:Rams have done the experienced, expensive retread thing in Fisher. They've done the hot coordinator thing in Spags and Linehan. This would be more out of the box than anything. Give me a guy who is young, a tireless worker and hungry.

I understand what you are saying but this type of thinking can get us in trouble. Don't go opposite just for the sake, as there have been hot coordinators and experienced coaches that have worked out. The main objective should be to pick the BEST candidate, all the other stuff is moot.
  • Ants
    Bench Warmer

by Ants » 11 Jan 2017, 07:45

Timking124 wrote:

I understand what you are saying but this type of thinking can get us in trouble. Don't go opposite just for the sake, as there have been hot coordinators and experience coaches that have worked out. The main objective should be to pick the BEST candidate, all the other stuff is moot.

"a tireless worker and hungry"...not to mention successful to some extent, are not things that are "moot". This stuff actually means something.
  • Timking124
    Rookie

by Timking124 » 11 Jan 2017, 07:54

You are right but he doesnt have to be "Young" as socal added. Just the BEST candidate.
    Last edited by Timking124 on 11 Jan 2017, 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
  • crazy-legs
    Bench Warmer

by crazy-legs » 11 Jan 2017, 07:55

Timking124 wrote:
    Massimo wrote:just seems an unnecessary risk. Plenty of good options with less unknowns.

Every coaching candidate is an unknown.

"Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles"...
    Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...
  • Mad Baker
    Rookie

by Mad Baker » 11 Jan 2017, 07:56

We can't leave any stones unturned. You are acting as if McVay is the chose for HC. Besides I think the most important question is who will our other coaches be? Who will Shanahan bring in to coach the defense? Who will Patricia bring in to run the offensive.
    There is more to the madness than who will be the next HC.
  • Ants
    Bench Warmer

by Ants » 11 Jan 2017, 08:00

Mad Baker wrote:We can't leave any stones unturned. You are acting as if McVay is the chose for HC. Besides I think the most important question is who will our other coaches be? Who will Shanahan bring in to coach the defense? Who will Patricia bring in to run the offensive.
    There is more to the madness than who will be the next HC.

Correct. The comments were meant to be specific to the OP (McVay not ready). 8-)
  • KBLOCK
    Rookie

by KBLOCK » 11 Jan 2017, 09:04

Ants wrote:
    Massimo wrote:I have a hard time understanding why the Rams would risk hiring an inexperienced coordinator as Head coach. There are simply too many unknowns about his readiness to put a fragile franchise in his inexperienced hands. Are they that afraid of missing out on the next "hot" coordinator? Isn't that an unnecessary risk? The Rams are already carrying Loser Les Snead around, now you want to couple him with an unproven guy like McVay? I get it, he had some success with Cousins, and the Washington offense, but thinking that will translate into success for J Goff is foolish. It is foolish anyway to think anyone is going to transform Jared Goff into something he is not (a good QB). This is really another example of how this franchise is trash. They foolishly committed to a lousy QB, and now will prioritize finding their next Head Coach on who will be able to maximize Goff's talents when that is a lost cause. Only the Rams.

Dude, I hereby dub thee - The Putz II.
    +10000
  • RAMS 1974
    Rookie

by RAMS 1974 » 11 Jan 2017, 09:21

Timking124 wrote:This too young notion is ridiculous. He is either a good coach or he is not. If he is believed to be the best out of the bunch, lock him up. With any Rookie HC, regardless of age, is a toss up and most will fail.

^^^^^^ That !!! I love the Title of this Post ! :roll:

..Roll 2017 LA Rams under McVay !! :R
    RAMS FAN
    DURHAMVILLE, NY
    (JMF, 1974 xoxox) :R
  • RAMS 1974
    Rookie

by RAMS 1974 » 11 Jan 2017, 09:24

Ants wrote:

This^^

..................^^ That !!!!
    RAMS FAN
    DURHAMVILLE, NY
    (JMF, 1974 xoxox) :R
  • Pj50
    Rookie

by Pj50 » 11 Jan 2017, 09:31

Becausr Shannahan,McDaniel,patricia,and the rest are so proven as good HCs

Go back to your circle jerk at the PD please
  • RamontheRamfan
    Rookie

by RamontheRamfan » 11 Jan 2017, 09:31

We are so far away from being relevant on the field that by the time we are McVay will be older than Shula was and will be an experienced HC at the things he is not experienced at now.
    He appears to have all the tools and respect of his players and that's the start. If he surrounds himself with good people, creates a work ethic second to none and makes it a competitive environment he will be fine. Who does that sound like?

I still like JM as well but if they go with the wonder kid I will be all in as it will take 2 years anyway to get us where we need to be. AS long as he can coach the offense and get a good DC we are off and running. Now just make good game management decisions like running a 2 minute offense and clock and time out management and we are way ahead of where we were.
    SoCalRam78
    Bench Warmer

by SoCalRam78 » 11 Jan 2017, 09:43

Timking124 wrote:

I understand what you are saying but this type of thinking can get us in trouble. Don't go opposite just for the sake, as there have been hot coordinators and experienced coaches that have worked out. The main objective should be to pick the BEST candidate, all the other stuff is moot.

He is highly regarded, I don't feel this is some guy the Rams are pulling out their ass.
    Fan since 80s
    SoCalRam78
    Bench Warmer

by SoCalRam78 » 11 Jan 2017, 09:49

RAMS 1974 wrote:
    Ants wrote:

This^^

..................^^ That !!!!

Let's do the Fisher thing again: Fatter, older, more expensive, less motivated.
    Fan since 80s
  • toast49
    Rookie

by toast49 » 11 Jan 2017, 10:00

To me the biggest issue with having Demoff and Snead in this process is they need a coach to justify the selection of Goff. The team should be focused on putting a proper front office structure in place first, then having a "real" football GM conduct the head coaching search. I think Goff has a chance to develop into a solid starter, but a veteran like Romo should be brought in to compete for the job
    Last edited by toast49 on 11 Jan 2017, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
  • Rammer
    Rookie

by Rammer » 11 Jan 2017, 10:03

I think I might like this kind of a choice. It's bold. Young, capable, energetic and hungry. The team that screwed up with the RGIII trade could have been the Cleveland Browns for years. Instead, that team has a good offense. And somehow, he turned cousins into a quality qb. He must be doing something right.