Re: McVay is not ready..another dumb move

by Classic Rams » 11 Jan 2017, 16:54

If Chucky's not available, go for "Chucky Jr." :P
  • KBLOCK
    Rookie

Re: Goff is no Cousins....

by KBLOCK » 11 Jan 2017, 17:10

Well, he IS The Putz II :lol:
    In true Safety Putz fashion, one must repeat the same thing - over and over and over again like a child with tourette's, all hopped up on sugar. :roll:[/quote]

Well then I nominate TBUX for The Putz III, because he just repeats his love for Fisher over and over.[/quote]
    I think he is holding out for Rex Ryan since he lost his Fisher since they one and the same.
  • ramsrule57
    Rookie

by ramsrule57 » 11 Jan 2017, 17:16

crazy-legs wrote:He's too young IMO. Being a HC in the NFL is like running a major company. 18 to 20 hour days. I know I wouldn't hand it over to him...

The smart money IMO is either Matt Patricia (my favorite out of the bunch) or Shanahan...

Hopefully we'll get it right...

Shanahan maybe but Patricia basically carries BB's water for him. Not sure what he's done other than work for BB in NE .

He's as unproven as McVay .
  • ramsrule57
    Rookie

by ramsrule57 » 11 Jan 2017, 17:20

Massimo wrote:just seems an unnecessary risk. Plenty of good options with less unknowns.

Other than Shanahan whose a better option?

Not Patricia, nor overrated McD.

Lynn?, Dudes been a OC for a few games.

Austin? 51 and no one's beating down his door.

Maybe one of the old guys, McCoy, Turner, or Harold Goodwin who carries Arians coffee for him the last 4 years.
  • Massimo
    Rookie

by Massimo » 11 Jan 2017, 17:27

ramsrule57 wrote:
    Massimo wrote:just seems an unnecessary risk. Plenty of good options with less unknowns.

Other than Shanahan whose a better option?

Not Patricia, nor overrated McD.

Lynn?, Dudes been a OC for a few games.

Austin? 51 and no one's beating down his door.

Maybe one of the old guys, McCoy, Turner, or Harold Goodwin who carries Arians coffee for him the last 4 years.

Shanahan and Haley are the guys I would pursue. The search just seems bush league. They should be interviewing for a GM like SF and then worry about the coach. Despite what Demoff will try to have you believe, the team needs a total overhaul/rebuild. A culture change is needed. If Demoff must stay, surely they could rid themselves of Snead who bares much of the blame for the talentless team. Fisher sucked, no doubt about it, but he should not be a scapecoat for Les Snead.
  • Underdog
    Rookie

by Underdog » 11 Jan 2017, 17:37

You can't just offhandedly dismiss the age thing on McVay. No matter now smart 25-30 year olds are, and some are brilliant ones, there is something to be said for life experience. If I've been on the planet 10 years longer than you, all things being equal, I've learned some things that aid my success that you just won't know because they haven't gone through it (quite frankly its one of the only perks of being old). So if you get McVay, no matter how smart, you are going to get a steep learning curve. Maybe he is the exceptions that overcomes it, but you play odds and odds are he isn't. Everyone here bashes McD for his past failures but he was once the savant coordinator everyone wanted (Personally I believe the second time around he will be much better but that and $6 will buy you a cup of coffee). If he can bring Wade on, I'd be all in but personally I want my coach, who is expected to be a leader of men, to have a little more experience to draw from.
    Dick84
    Bench Warmer

by Dick84 » 11 Jan 2017, 17:40

Underdog wrote:You can't just offhandedly dismiss the age thing on McVay. No matter now smart 25-30 year olds are, and some are brilliant ones, there is something to be said for life experience. If I've been on the planet 10 years longer than you, all things being equal, I've learned some things that aid my success that you just won't know because they haven't gone through it (quite frankly its one of the only perks of being old). So if you get McVay, no matter how smart, you are going to get a steep learning curve. Maybe he is the exceptions that overcomes it, but you play odds and odds are he isn't. Everyone here bashes McD for his past failures but he was once the savant coordinator everyone wanted (Personally I believe the second time around he will be much better but that and $6 will buy you a cup of coffee). If he can bring Wade on, I'd be all in but personally I want my coach, who is expected to be a leader of men, to have a little more experience to draw from.

And you can't offhandedly dismiss him *only* because of the age, which is what most posters are reacting to.

It's why posters considering the hiring are encouraged by the idea of a Wade Phillips and that I suggeted bringing Callahand and making him OC.
    Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
    3-24-16
  • Massimo
    Rookie

by Massimo » 11 Jan 2017, 17:40

Underdog wrote:You can't just offhandedly dismiss the age thing on McVay. No matter now smart 25-30 year olds are, and some are brilliant ones, there is something to be said for life experience. If I've been on the planet 10 years longer than you, all things being equal, I've learned some things that aid my success that you just won't know because they haven't gone through it (quite frankly its one of the only perks of being old). So if you get McVay, no matter how smart, you are going to get a steep learning curve. Maybe he is the exceptions that overcomes it, but you play odds and odds are he isn't. Everyone here bashes McD for his past failures but he was once the savant coordinator everyone wanted (Personally I believe the second time around he will be much better but that and $6 will buy you a cup of coffee). If he can bring Wade on, I'd be all in but personally I want my coach, who is expected to be a leader of men, to have a little more experience to draw from.

sheesh, that's all im sayin...
    Dick84
    Bench Warmer

by Dick84 » 11 Jan 2017, 17:43

Massimo wrote:

sheesh, that's all im sayin...

No.. you said, definitively, that it's a dumb hire.
    Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
    3-24-16
  • SK Ram
    Rookie

by SK Ram » 11 Jan 2017, 18:00

Massimo wrote:Goff is no Cousins....

Better.
  • TBUX
    Bench Warmer

by TBUX » 12 Jan 2017, 07:19

Show me where I said Mcd made Brady - stop making shit up fucko. McVay has done a solid job last year- only 3 years as OC- and only one really good year IMO. so that warrants a HC job? don't think so.
  • Massimo
    Rookie

by Massimo » 12 Jan 2017, 07:27

SK Ram wrote:

Better.

there are "Homers" and then the delusional. open your eyes bro.
  • Cornell29
    Rookie

by Cornell29 » 12 Jan 2017, 08:11

Massimo wrote:
    SK Ram wrote:

Better.

How do you know?

Goff was coached by Boras and Fisher. While cousins was coached by both Shanahans, McVay and Gruden.

You don't think that made a huge difference?

If Goff got coached been coached by the guys who coached Cousins over the years, Goff would have looked much better.

That's why this coaching search is so important. It's time to finally get some good coaches on offense to evaluate and train these guys.
  • Cornell29
    Rookie

by Cornell29 » 12 Jan 2017, 08:22

Massimo wrote:
    SK Ram wrote:

Better.

How do you know?

Goff was coached by Boras and Fisher. While cousins was coached by both Shanahans, McVay and Gruden.

You don't think that made a huge difference?

If Goff got coached been coached by the guys who coached Cousins over the years, Goff would have looked much better.

Same with Carson Wentz. The Eagles surrounded him with good offensive minds like DeFelippo, Frank Reich and Doug Peterson. The rams gives Goff, Fisher, Boras and Chris Weike

I mean "really"????
    That's why this coaching search is so important. It's time to finally get some good coaches on offense to evaluate and train these guys.
  • SK Ram
    Rookie

by SK Ram » 12 Jan 2017, 11:12

KBLOCK wrote:Well, he IS The Putz II :lol:
    In true Safety Putz fashion, one must repeat the same thing - over and over and over again like a child with tourette's, all hopped up on sugar. :roll:

Well then I nominate TBUX for The Putz III, because he just repeats his love for Fisher over and over.[/quote]
    I think he is holding out for Rex Ryan since he lost his Fisher since they one and the same.[/quote]
    Wrong. Tbux is a true Ram fan. Support whoever is a Ram. I do the same. Many here think they know more than those with the team do. Why don't those big mouths work for an NFL team if they know so much? They don't know, that is why. Just blowhards.
    Ram Fan in U. City
    Rookie

by Ram Fan in U. City » 12 Jan 2017, 12:01

Timking124 wrote:This too young notion is ridiculous. He is either a good coach or he is not. If he is believed to be the best out of the bunch, lock him up. With any Rookie HC, regardless of age, is a toss up and most will fail.

Shannahan, Patricia and McVay all have the same amount of experience as a HC who knows if anyone is Ready. There have been coaches sons who failed, hot targeted pats coordinators who have failed, so who knows.

Here's the deal. McVay has never been a head coach anywhere. I like him as an OC but not as a head coach. The Rams have an unsuccessful history of hiring assistant coaches (Martz, Linehan, Spags) that fail. Give me the graybeard who has HC experience and a proven record of developing assistants and winning.
  • Ramsfan08ny
    Rookie

by Ramsfan08ny » 12 Jan 2017, 12:31

Ram Fan in U. City wrote:
    Timking124 wrote:This too young notion is ridiculous. He is either a good coach or he is not. If he is believed to be the best out of the bunch, lock him up. With any Rookie HC, regardless of age, is a toss up and most will fail.

Shannahan, Patricia and McVay all have the same amount of experience as a HC who knows if anyone is Ready. There have been coaches sons who failed, hot targeted pats coordinators who have failed, so who knows.

Here's the deal. McVay has never been a head coach anywhere. I like him as an OC but not as a head coach. The Rams have an unsuccessful history of hiring assistant coaches (Martz, Linehan, Spags) that fail. Give me the graybeard who has HC experience and a proven record of developing assistants and winning.

So who would your choice be?? The Ryan bros? I'm on the opposite side. Give me a young, excited energetic young guy who wants to be successful. Not the old "graybeard" who wants to bring his philosophy that worked in the past. Haven't we been down that road before?
  • Pj50
    Rookie

by Pj50 » 12 Jan 2017, 13:13

Looks official
    Sean Mcvay
    Dudes 20 years younger than me
    Trip
    Hope it works out for the best
    Go Rams!!
  • FitoTRD
    Rookie

by FitoTRD » 12 Jan 2017, 13:40

Calling it now. McVay will lead the rams to a playoff game next year.

WSH O was no joke this year and that was because McVay put his play makers in play maker positions. Did a great job with Kirk and from what I have seen hes a players coach thats good with Xs and Os so this guy IS "the next hot Coordinator"

Look what Kyle Shanahan did with this O and then look what McVay did.

Great Hire! Fuck Snead still doing here?
    clevelandrams
    Rookie

by clevelandrams » 12 Jan 2017, 13:44

a southern Cal team hired a guy named 'Sean'.
    that's perfect Duuude !
  • TBUX
    Bench Warmer

by TBUX » 12 Jan 2017, 13:45

SK Ram wrote:
    KBLOCK wrote:Well, he IS The Putz II :lol:
    In true Safety Putz fashion, one must repeat the same thing - over and over and over again like a child with tourette's, all hopped up on sugar. :roll:

Well then I nominate TBUX for The Putz III, because he just repeats his love for Fisher over and over.

I think he is holding out for Rex Ryan since he lost his Fisher since they one and the same.[/quote]
    Wrong. Tbux is a true Ram fan. Support whoever is a Ram. I do the same. Many here think they know more than those with the team do. Why don't those big mouths work for an NFL team if they know so much? They don't know, that is why. Just blowhards.[/quote]

thanks for the kind words and you are right- I am a true fan- sometimes to a fault- I support every Ram until they give me reason not to ( don't work hard, make too many boneheaded mistakes etc) so yeah I support every Ram. I don't know more than anyone on here- hardly- I simply have strong opinions- and I understand how some take that. I didn't like the HC hire- but bet your ass that now that he is my HC- I will support the guy 100% !! As I do with Goff, when I wanted Wentz. I am hoping this guy turns Goff into a star- I would love nothing more!! one thing I am happy about- we hired an offensive mind. Happy
    Safety Blitz
    Rookie

by Safety Blitz » 12 Jan 2017, 13:50

Rams got it right. Love the McVay/Phillips/Fassel trio.....

Go Rams! I'm stoked!
    "Peace, be still."
  • Dispatched
    Rookie

by Dispatched » 12 Jan 2017, 17:04

It's not like McVay was the only candidate interviewed. The Rams probably interviewed more candidates than anyone. Secondly you want a guy who wants to be here. I question whether McDaniels or Shannahan would qualify in that regard. In any case I'll be rooting for my team.
  • Bakoramfan
    Rookie

by Bakoramfan » 12 Jan 2017, 17:40

Look where Fishers experience got us! This guy understands offense and how to beat today's defenses! I loved what he did for the Skins and how he made Cousins an upper tier QB. The proof is in the pudding but I am very hopeful! Go Rams!!
  • Classic Rams
    Rookie

by Classic Rams » 12 Jan 2017, 18:10

The Rams just fired a greybeard and his old philosphy from the 80's-90's, who whiffed on pretty much all of his red flag challenges and ran a country club. Now they have someone more in tune with today's NFL.