With two proven failures like Snead/Demoff running the search, it'll be no surprise if we hire a virtually unproven..

General Discussion Forum
grackler

With two proven failures like Snead/Demoff running the search, it'll be no surprise if we hire a virtually unproven..

Postby grackler » 11 Jan 2017, 09:46

31 yr old as our new head coach. McVay's qualifications?? He coached Kirk Cousins to some degree of respectability for a year or so. Given the need to almost totally renovate, top to bottom, this failure of a team, hiring such an inexperienced hand hardly seems advisable, if not downright idiotic.

But THIS Ram's management team couldn't possibly continue to make senseless, blotto decisions........could they???? Um.......

crazy-legs

Re: With two proven failures like Snead/Demoff running the search, it'll be no surprise if we hire a virtually unproven.

Postby crazy-legs » 11 Jan 2017, 10:11

Snead has a lot on the line regarding this hire. They blow it and it will damage him big time (If he's around after the HC is hired - I find it weird he's helping in the search but may not even have a job once it's done. Would he really recommend someone be hired as HC who would fire him?). Kevin on the other hand will be choosing his second HC. If he gets this one wrong too then perhaps there will be some major blow back on him as well...

So I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. They both have a lot on the line. I have to assume they will dot all their i's and cross all their t's. After all it's their butts on the line...
Last edited by crazy-legs on 11 Jan 2017, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

Commish

Re: With two proven failures like Snead/Demoff running the search, it'll be no surprise if we hire a virtually unproven.

Postby Commish » 11 Jan 2017, 10:26

IMHO our team is not in nearly so bad a salary-cap situation (which is Kevin Demoff's area of authority/expertise) as you seem to believe--i fact, IIRC the Rams are reportedly in fairly good shape, cap-wise... :) ;) :idea:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Dick84

Postby Dick84 » 11 Jan 2017, 10:40

I'm terrified by the prospect of a 31 year old HC.

That being said.. if he is the hire but brings in Wade for the DC and maybe Callahan or another vet on the O? Could be something.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Dick84

Postby Dick84 » 11 Jan 2017, 11:00

bigklein wrote:Callahan as McVay's OC? Interesting.

Vrabel or Wilks as his DC?

People are reporting it would be Wade.

3-24-16

rams74

Postby rams74 » 11 Jan 2017, 12:47

Dick84 wrote:

Is anybody reporting the Callahan rumor?

NorCal RF

Postby NorCal RF » 11 Jan 2017, 12:52

grackler wrote:31 yr old as our new head coach. McVay's qualifications?? He coached Kirk Cousins to some degree of respectability for a year or so. Given the need to almost totally renovate, top to bottom, this failure of a team, hiring such an inexperienced hand hardly seems advisable, if not downright idiotic.

But THIS Ram's management team couldn't possibly continue to make senseless, blotto decisions........could they???? Um.......

Compared to the fraud McDaniels who has done nothing away from BB and Brady?

Or Shanahan who outside of this year has done a whole hell of a lot of averages fences?

Bottom line they all have risk period.

RamFanFor55

Proven failures like Snead/Demoff? The "search" continues. Nobody WANTS to coach the Rams?

Postby RamFanFor55 » 11 Jan 2017, 12:52

grackler wrote:31 yr old as our new head coach. McVay's qualifications?? He coached Kirk Cousins to some degree of respectability for a year or so. Given the need to almost totally renovate, top to bottom, this failure of a team, hiring such an inexperienced hand hardly seems advisable, if not downright idiotic.

Well, at least Ram "management"--whose HC position has been open the FRKN LONGEST!!!--are being "cautious and thorough." As in let's WAIT until all the best options have decided to take jobs elsewhere. The idiocy continues. Kroenke deserves having a cr*p team...but the fans sure don't.

Dick84

Postby Dick84 » 11 Jan 2017, 12:55

rams74 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

Haven't read any. Pure speculation.

3-24-16

rams74

Postby rams74 » 11 Jan 2017, 13:11

Dick84 wrote:
rams74 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

Haven't read any. Pure speculation.

Ok, thanks. Still, great idea!

Cornell29

Re: Proven failures like Snead/Demoff? The "search" continues. Nobody WANTS to coach the Rams?

Postby Cornell29 » 11 Jan 2017, 13:38

RamFanFor55 wrote:

Well, at least Ram "management"--whose HC position has been open the FRKN LONGEST!!!--are being "cautious and thorough." As in let's WAIT until all the best options have decided to take jobs elsewhere. The idiocy continues. Kroenke deserves having a cr*p team...but the fans sure don't.

Who did the rams miss out on because they waited? If they get McKay and Wade, I'm all for it. If McVay somehow convince Callahan to come along as the IC, all i can say is wow.
How many productive offenses did Kyle have? What has Josh done without New England?

Dick84

Re: Proven failures like Snead/Demoff? The "search" continues. Nobody WANTS to coach the Rams?

Postby Dick84 » 11 Jan 2017, 16:29

RamFanFor55 wrote:

What a stupid fucking take.

Which young, offensive coach that they targeted has been hired?

Do we know who they even want?

Were you knocking down the door for Marrone, Joseph, or McDermott? Please show me that?

3-24-16

NorCal RF

Postby NorCal RF » 11 Jan 2017, 16:44

Agree Dick!!

Wow we missed out on Marrone, Joseph, and McDermott! Seasons over Rams screwed up again! Honestly where the hell do some of these posters come up with this crap.

And finally if this team doesn't hire McDaniels or Shanahan, which obviously other teams are questioning if they are the right hire, watch this board explode.

Classic Rams

Postby Classic Rams » 11 Jan 2017, 16:52

bigklein wrote:This recent SI piece caused my McVay-Callahan speculation: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/08/02/nfl- ... jay-gruden

Good story. This kid is a teacher, makes players better. The Rams really need that. I was wary of his age/experience, but no one else who's worked with him is. So saying this is accurate on his qualifications I have no problem with the Rams hiring him. And bring Callahan, or not...

Pj50

Postby Pj50 » 11 Jan 2017, 17:02

Yea it's comical with some of these clowns,whoever the Rams hire will be wrong

I'm sure they're disgruntled st Louisans just here to throw shade at everything Los Angeles Rams

Good for them,have fun boys,what will you have when the Rams start winning,and they will,I'll tell you what you'll have
Memories of the GSOT
And it only cost St. Louis 234,000,000.00 or so,we'll I guess there's prolly interest as well

Was it worth it St. Louis?

ramsrule57

Postby ramsrule57 » 11 Jan 2017, 17:12

Dick84 wrote:
RamFanFor55 wrote:

What a stupid fucking take.

Which young, offensive coach that they targeted has been hired?

Do we know who they even want?

Were you knocking down the door for Marrone, Joseph, or McDermott? Please show me that?

Yeah those Rams, they let the Bills, Broncos , and Jags hire three guys they didn't want as their coaches, what the hell were they thinking?

Some of these guys are dumber than dirt.

RamsFanInMO

Postby RamsFanInMO » 12 Jan 2017, 06:12

Difference being Les Snead has actually been a winner previously

Demoff not so much

grackler

Demoff/Snead critics: "I'm sure they're disgruntled st Louisans just here to throw shade at everything Los Angeles Rams"

Postby grackler » 12 Jan 2017, 09:17

Try not to be such a homer that you can't see the truth. First of all, whether the criticisms come from StLou or SoCal, the fact remains that Demoff/Snead are inextricably linked to having assembled historically bad teams since they've been associated with the Rams. Why then, in the name of heaven, would any sensible owner/executive let either one of them anywhere near the currently ongoing hiring process?? Makes no sense, unless the owner is similarly incompetent or just doesn't care. Either way, we're screwed.

And as for critics just being disgruntled StLouisians....don't kid yourself. I'm probably the biggest critic of the current Rams management on this whole board. And I ain't from St Louis---- I literally cried when that shoddy bitch moved the team from L.A. to StLou. Just happens that I grew up in L.A., started attending Ram games as a kid in in 1956 (YES...1956!!) and NOBODY, NOBODY on earth is a bigger Rams backer than I am. I bleed Rams colors. But I can also see reality when it's staring me in the face: the current Rams management SUCKS. The team needs renovation top to bottom. PERIOD.

Snead/Demoff should be nowhere near the current search.

Return to “Rams Talk - Open Discussion”