Its gotta be the Shanahans

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

Ramborumble
Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:03 pm

There is probably word out in league circles that the job Kyle covets is LA. The interviewing process of the Rams seems like CYA move cause they are proobably talking to Mike Shanahan who is then talking to Kyle. McVay second interview seems like trying to create leverage with the Shanahans. If Shanahan doesn't get a job this season it means there is an issue with him that the media doesn't know about. This should be interesting.

Cat-A-Ram
Starter

Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:40 pm

The way coaches fell today, Kyle is falling in our lap.

SeminoleRam
Starter

Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:49 pm

Cat-A-Ram wrote:The way coaches fell today, Kyle is falling in our lap.

I hope you are right but I have a funny feeling the Rams will be announcing Sean McVay as their new Head Coach tomorrow. I won't be totally upset (I think with the right assistants he can be very successful!) but I still prefer Shanahan.

69RamFan
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:29 pm

Right now, we are sitting pretty good to have a a choice in both McVay or Shanahan, IMO

There are three teams left to hire their new HC.

9ers, have to totally rebuild, with no future QB

Chargers, Spano is on the cheap side when it comes to hiring good coaching staff.
Plus team and QB are getting old.

RAMs, Are a young, with a very good D and ST in place, with key players on the Offense,
a young QB that needs to be built up from a good HC/OC.
a stud RB if we get the right 0-linemen/scheme in place.
44mil in cap space.

Ramborumble
Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:05 pm

Two things: One, read report today that said Rams plan to interview "most" of their candidates twice, so McVay getting second interview at this point supposedly isn't that big a deal. Second, if McVay or someone else lands the job other than Kyle, it means the Rams and Mike had an issue, meaning Mike pitched himself too hard or Mike made demands that they team wasn't willing to do or Mike said F this team to Kyle. Mike Shanahan and Fisher are good buddies. That being said I think Kyle and Mike are the odds on favorites here. I see Mike taking a role like Coughlin did in Jacksonville. Wouldn't mind McVay and Philips though, not one bit. Wonder where Lynn winds up now too.

69RamFan
Pro-bowler

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:42 pm

The problem with Mike taking on a role like Coughlin, that role belongs to Demoff. VPFO/COO

Now if Demoff is willing to settle in just being the COO and give Mike the VPFO, then I'll all for it.

But how much is Demoff is willing to give up?

harley01
Starter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:34 am

Mike Shannahan seems a bit over-rated to me. His Redskins drafts were average at best. I'm wouldn't hate the hire, but almost prefer McVay with Phillips.

Ramborumble
Veteran

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:32 am

harley01 wrote:Mike Shannahan seems a bit over-rated to me. His Redskins drafts were average at best. I'm wouldn't hate the hire, but almost prefer McVay with Phillips.
Yeah I'm a little torn here too. Not that crazy about Mike but like Kyle. Although Mike is a disciplinarian...