Breaking: Chargers to LA per Schefter

General Discussion Forum

Ferragamo-to-waddy

Re: Breaking: Chargers to LA per Schefter

Postby Ferragamo-to-waddy » 11 Jan 2017, 19:06

Supposed to announce tomorrow. I really hate this news. I'm from KY - a lifelong Rams fan since 1978....I wanted LA all to ourselves.

Dick84

Postby Dick84 » 11 Jan 2017, 19:14

I'll be surprised if the move actually happens.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Ramswillwin

Postby Ramswillwin » 11 Jan 2017, 19:29

Los Angeles ..... city of losers!

:roll:

To hell .... with the NFL!

Claremontram

Postby Claremontram » 11 Jan 2017, 19:30

I hope not! Chargers belong in SD.

LA belongs to The Rams and its fans.

SoCalRam78

Postby SoCalRam78 » 11 Jan 2017, 19:56

No Surprise. This is an either or scenario. If the Chargers defer, it goes to the Raiders. I guarantee the Raiders would move to LA if the Chargers were out of the picture. Why go the Las Vegas when you have a strong fan base in LA and a stadium with zero rent? Where does that leave Spanos? In San Diego without a stadium and two teams up north, a nightmare scenario. Once I learned the NFL wasn't going to kick them more money,I knew it was over.

One other thing, none of this precludes the Rams from being a quality team.

Fan since 80s

clevelandrams

Postby clevelandrams » 11 Jan 2017, 20:13

dont worry about it, theyll just be Jets west to Rams Giants

Dick84

Postby Dick84 » 11 Jan 2017, 20:25

Well....

Here's the thing.. there was zero chance the Chargers weren't going to exercise that option without some kind of promise.

3-24-16

RamsFan1966

Postby RamsFan1966 » 11 Jan 2017, 21:17

Dick84 wrote:I'll be surprised if the move actually happens.

Why do you think this? Have insider info? Not doubting you as much as I was thinking if you knew something I did not know.

Dick84

Postby Dick84 » 11 Jan 2017, 21:28

RamsFan1966 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:I'll be surprised if the move actually happens.

Why do you think this? Have insider info? Not doubting you as much as I was thinking if you knew something I did not know.

Not really great insider info.. .and I'm feeling weaker and weaker about it.

We'll see.

3-24-16

69RamFan

Postby 69RamFan » 11 Jan 2017, 21:43

To be honest,

Who gives a rat ass if they move up hear to LA.

They will lose a big fan base from SD.

Second, they are already behind the curve ball getting establish in this market.

The majority of fans in the L.A. Market are the RAMs and Raiders.

Third, Spano is a cheap bastard, that he won't spend money on marketing the team.

Forth, I see the RAMs on the up rise and the Chargers heading southwards as a team,

even though they are trying to move up further north from SD.

azramsfan93

Postby azramsfan93 » 11 Jan 2017, 21:45

SoCalRam78 wrote:Why go the Las Vegas when you have a strong fan base in LA and a stadium with zero rent?

I don't recall all of the details of the agreement, but the team that joins the Rams still has to pay $650M relocation fee, and then all of the PSL sales revenues go to Stan. They will truly be Stan's tenant, not his partner.

Spanos is eating a steaming pile of crap either way. He can't be a happy camper, but the city of San Diego could give a crap about their football team, so here they come.

Ramborumble

Postby Ramborumble » 11 Jan 2017, 22:00

It won't happen. Something will happen where maybe they temporarily play in L.A. and then NFL and SD work together to "bring them back" to SD in a year or three.

SoCalRam78

Postby SoCalRam78 » 11 Jan 2017, 22:03

69RamFan wrote:To be honest,

Who gives a rat ass if they move up hear to LA.

They will lose a big fan base from SD.

Second, they are already behind the curve ball getting establish in this market.

The majority of fans in the L.A. Market are the RAMs and Raiders.

Third, Spano is a cheap bastard, that he won't spend money on marketing the team.

Forth, I see the RAMs on the up rise and the Chargers heading southwards as a team,

even though they are trying to move up further north from SD.

Also, Ram fans need to stop being upset about a second team coming.

This organization continues to put out a sham, shit product like this year, they'll struggle in this market. Chargers, Raiders, or no other team with them. Put out a winner, you'll have a ton of fans. The city love a winner, it loves a bandwagon. Building a winner is the hard part. Fucking figure it out.

Fan since 80s

RamsFanInMO

Postby RamsFanInMO » 12 Jan 2017, 04:53

Let's not forget, the only reason the Rams were approved to move to LA, is because owners wanted the Chargers to get a spot in LA no matter what.

Stan's proposal to move to Inglewood by himself got slaughtered, with Carson getting like 10 more votes than Inglewood. Carson was only 5-6 votes shy of getting approval. Inglewood was 16 or so away.

It was ONLY after the Chargers were added as a 2nd team to Inglewood, did owners warm up to it.

As for who the fans in LA want... that's easy, it's a winner. The certainly don't care about the Rams... LA proved that much this season, already abandoning the team, vacating Sundays at the stadium and turning the channel to other NFL games instead.

If the Chargers win before the Rams... they will be the favorite team in LA.

It's up to whoever wins the most first.

The Rams look to be 4-5 or more seasons away

Wildflecken

Postby Wildflecken » 12 Jan 2017, 05:10

RamsFanInMO wrote:Let's not forget, the only reason the Rams were approved to move to LA, is because owners wanted the Chargers to get a spot in LA no matter what.

Stan's proposal to move to Inglewood by himself got slaughtered, with Carson getting like 10 more votes than Inglewood. Carson was only 5-6 votes shy of getting approval. Inglewood was 16 or so away.

It was ONLY after the Chargers were added as a 2nd team to Inglewood, did owners warm up to it.

As for who the fans in LA want... that's easy, it's a winner. The certainly don't care about the Rams... LA proved that much this season, already abandoning the team, vacating Sundays at the stadium and turning the channel to other NFL games instead.

Great insight here. And with the success the Raiders are having would not be at all surprised if that made negotiations with Stan a little easier. Last thing Stan wants is the Raiders owning the LA market and a vacant new palace on the Sundays the Rams play there if they cannot improve the on field product in time

RamsFanInMO

Postby RamsFanInMO » 12 Jan 2017, 05:30

Wildflecken wrote:
RamsFanInMO wrote:Let's not forget, the only reason the Rams were approved to move to LA, is because owners wanted the Chargers to get a spot in LA no matter what.

Great insight here. And with the success the Raiders are having would not be at all surprised if that made negotiations with Stan a little easier. Last thing Stan wants is the Raiders owning the LA market and a vacant new palace on the Sundays the Rams play there if they cannot improve the on field product in time

Very true.

I'd much rather share the LA market with the Chargers than Raiders.

In fact... I was kinda wondering why Stan (or the NFL or both) didn't put up the last $170 million San Diego needed to keep the Chargers south. But you just pointed out the reason why: The Raiders

The Rams having LA to themselves had little chance to happen... b/c so many figured the Raiders would drop everything in Oak and Vegas for that free spot in LA.

That meant Chargers or Raiders were the only option

I think the Rams are far away from winning because of the offense and Goff (by the time that improves enough, the defense will take more FA hits).
But... the Chargers are a disaster too... and I don't know how much longer Philip Rivers has left. He could play another 5 years... but will he? will he be good if he does?

The Chargers look to be in bad shape too

Wildflecken

Postby Wildflecken » 12 Jan 2017, 05:45

I hate to admit it, but the Chargers may be closer than Rams. A lot does depend on Rivers as you state, but their defense has something special with Bosa. Chargers give Rivers a defense before his skills decline and bingo, the wins may come much easier than expected.

Mike Schad 1st Rd

Postby Mike Schad 1st Rd » 12 Jan 2017, 05:48

C'mon, Bosa's no better than Donald or a HEALTHY Quinn
Bit of a reach bro...

RamsFanInMO

Postby RamsFanInMO » 12 Jan 2017, 06:10

Agree that nobody touches Aaron Donald. One man wrecking crew... a sure fire Hall of Famer if he plays long enough. That's how good Donald is

Wildflecken

Postby Wildflecken » 12 Jan 2017, 06:33

RamsFanInMO wrote:Agree that nobody touches Aaron Donald. One man wrecking crew... a sure fire Hall of Famer if he plays long enough. That's how good Donald is

Hey my comment on Bosa never compared him to Donald. Oddly appears Rams are considering some defensive coordinators who run 3 - 4 defenses. Do they move Donald to DE in that scenario? Rams did give him some snaps there under GW I do believe.

My point was with a veteran like Rivers at qb, SD could turn it around quicker than Rams.

Return to “Rams Talk - Open Discussion”