The Rams are 41-86-1 since Demoff became the organization’s top executive — with the power to hire and fire coaches and

General Discussion Forum

Dick84

Re: The Rams are 41-86-1 since Demoff became the organization’s top executive — with the power to hire and fire coaches

Postby Dick84 » 11 Jan 2017, 22:15

If you're quoting Bernie articles in here, you should be fired.

;)

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

toast49

Re: The Rams are 41-86-1 since Demoff became the organization’s top executive — with the power to hire and fire coaches

Postby toast49 » 11 Jan 2017, 22:19

Maybe so. I don't like Demoff and feel this team needs a proper structure. Without a solid football GM in place I can't see how this team can win.

SoCalRam78

Postby SoCalRam78 » 11 Jan 2017, 22:29

Dick84 wrote:If you're quoting Bernie articles in here, you should be fired.

;)

The Rams have had 4 winning seasons in the past 27 seasons. Yes, count them, only four. In overwhelmingly the majority of those, the Rams principal owner was not Stan Kroenke and Demoff had nothing to do with the organization.

Yes, we know you want them to fail, now go fuck off Bernie. Your revisionist history is worth jack shit.
Last edited by SoCalRam78 on 11 Jan 2017, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

Fan since 80s

Commish

Postby Commish » 11 Jan 2017, 22:30

toast49 wrote:Hate that Demoff is in charge of picking the next coach

AFAIK only Stan Kroenke could hire and fire the head coach, although Kevin Demoff presumably would've worked out the salary details in hiring one, while the coordinators and position coaches were employed at the head coach's discretion, again with Demoff handling the negotiating of their salaries.

I'm pretty certain that Demoff makes personal recommendations to Kroenke based on the input he receives from other executives within our team's organization, I'm figuring it's part of his job to do that.

That the guy was responsible for Kroenke hiring Fisher five years ago, or for deciding what coaching staff Fisher chose to employ, I haven't come across any evidence of that.

I'll also venture that IIRC the Rams' hiring of Fisher was generally considered a good move by numerous NFL-related sources at the time--the guy becoming increasingly 'laid back' and unmotivated as time went by during his coaching tenure with the Good Guys, who could've anticipated that happening...?? :roll: :o :?:

RAMS POWER!!

--The Commish

McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Dick84

Postby Dick84 » 11 Jan 2017, 22:35

I think feeling skeptical about Demoff and Stan hiring the right guy is 100% valid, personally.

Why should we feel confident?

That being said, I'm going to be hopeful, because I'm a fan.

3-24-16

SoCalRam78

Postby SoCalRam78 » 11 Jan 2017, 22:43

Dick84 wrote:I think feeling skeptical about Demoff and Stan hiring the right guy is 100% valid, personally.

I get the trepidation. But Bernie's article is a joke. Linehan never coached under a Kroenke/Demoff regime. Spags was never hired under the same regime. Bernie's article references those two failed coaching tenure and tries to tie it to Kroenke/Demoff. Fact is, they made one coaching hire. Fisher, who was the most coveted coach at the time. This will be their second hire.

Fan since 80s

Dick84

Postby Dick84 » 11 Jan 2017, 22:57

SoCalRam78 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:I think feeling skeptical about Demoff and Stan hiring the right guy is 100% valid, personally.

I get the trepidation. But Bernie's article is a joke. Linehan never coached under a Kroenke/Demoff regime. Spags was never hired under the same regime. Bernie's article references those two failed coaching tenure and tries to tie it to Kroenke/Demoff. Fact is, they made one coaching hire. Fisher, who was the most coveted coach at the time. This will be their second hire.

I never referenced the Bernie stuff...
I know that Fisher is their only hire. He was the "name" guy out there.. but they whiffed.. and stuck with him too long.

3-24-16

Mike Schad 1st Rd

Postby Mike Schad 1st Rd » 12 Jan 2017, 02:47

As bad as Fisher ended up, he was, in fact, the CORRECT hire at the time and anyone saying otherwise is a Revisionist Dick.

RamsFanInMO

Postby RamsFanInMO » 12 Jan 2017, 04:13

Kevin Demoff took over after the 2008 season, after only 2 losing seasons in a row.

how many losing seasons in a row has Demoff been the top guy now? 8 in a row?

Kroenke and Demoff probably have the worst record of any franchise in professional sports together as a owner/CEO duo.

Demoff is the worst CEO in the history of sports.
Last edited by RamsFanInMO on 12 Jan 2017, 04:39, edited 2 times in total.

RamsFanInMO

Postby RamsFanInMO » 12 Jan 2017, 04:21

SoCalRam78 wrote:

Come on SoCal -- I get hating Bernie... he is the worst.

But Kroenke/Demoff should be defended for going 31-48-1 in their first hire, with zero playoffs and 5 for 5 in losing seasons?

No need to defend them just because Bernie Miklasz is a fat moron.

Kroenke and Demoff are shattering records for ineptitude. Especially Demoff.

EIGHT STRAIGHT LOSING SEASONS for Demoff

He came to the franchise after two losing seasons.

This franchise was 7 years post its Super 36 team when Demoff was hired. It's been 8 years since her was hired and he just came off the teams' 8th straight losing season under his watch... a 4-12 campaign in which the Rams were easily one of the most inept teams ever assembled.

That's Demoff's record.

Losing

More losing

followed by more losing

followed by more losing again

AS for Kroenke... the Rams have 4 winning seasons in 22 years since he became an owner in the franchise. Since becoming majority owner, the team has 7 straight losing seasons.

Their only success under his tenure in the org, came before he ran the team. Unfortunately for Stan, everyone here says his pre-owner days are off limits because he can't be responsible for any of that. I agree... he gets no credit for the Greatest Show on Turf or Super Bowl appearances and championships.

The franchise was far more watchable and easy to be proud of prior to Kroenke.

crazy-legs

Postby crazy-legs » 12 Jan 2017, 08:34

This may be Kevin's last chance to get it right. Obviously the Fisher experiment was a complete and utter failure...

What I find weird is Snead's involvement in the whole process. Would he really recommend a HC for hire who would turn around and fire him? Have they told Snead that if that's the case they'll keep him on in another capacity? Dysfunctional way to go about it IMO. Heck who knows. Maybe he told Fisher that Robinson, Austin, Goff etc. wasn't worth targeting and was overruled therefore Kevin knows it wasn't him making one bonehead choice after another. Has to be some reasoning behind their madness...

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

Ram Man

Postby Ram Man » 12 Jan 2017, 11:46

Dick84 wrote:If you're quoting Bernie articles in here, you should be fired.

Bernie was probably quoting my thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8903&p=71465#p71465

Ram Fan in U. City

Postby Ram Fan in U. City » 12 Jan 2017, 11:51

Rams unlikely to become a contender until Dimoff is replaced as Ram CEO. His record, 41-86-1, speaks for itself.

SoCalRam78

Postby SoCalRam78 » 16 Jan 2017, 21:17

RamsFanInMO wrote:
SoCalRam78 wrote:

Come on SoCal -- I get hating Bernie... he is the worst.

But Kroenke/Demoff should be defended for going 31-48-1 in their first hire, with zero playoffs and 5 for 5 in losing seasons?

No need to defend them just because Bernie Miklasz is a fat moron.

Kroenke and Demoff are shattering records for ineptitude. Especially Demoff.

EIGHT STRAIGHT LOSING SEASONS for Demoff

He came to the franchise after two losing seasons.

This franchise was 7 years post its Super 36 team when Demoff was hired. It's been 8 years since her was hired and he just came off the teams' 8th straight losing season under his watch... a 4-12 campaign in which the Rams were easily one of the most inept teams ever assembled.

That's Demoff's record.

Losing

More losing

followed by more losing

followed by more losing again

AS for Kroenke... the Rams have 4 winning seasons in 22 years since he became an owner in the franchise. Since becoming majority owner, the team has 7 straight losing seasons.

Their only success under his tenure in the org, came before he ran the team. Unfortunately for Stan, everyone here says his pre-owner days are off limits because he can't be responsible for any of that. I agree... he gets no credit for the Greatest Show on Turf or Super Bowl appearances and championships.

The franchise was far more watchable and easy to be proud of prior to Kroenke.

Now we're crediting Kroenke for being a loser as a minority owner? I guess the old show girl is getting a pass? The team wasn't watchable before he became principal owner. They were fucking awful winning 6 games in 3 years between 2007-09. They sucked the entire 1990s before and after moving in 1995. They were great when Kurt Warner fell in their laps and the Colts handed them Faulk for basically nothing. They were predictably terrible soon after when those stars faded.

The Rams are making the right moves this off season. Man tits Bernie Miklasz will be eating crow soon, but had the Rams stayed, he would be licking Demoff's taint. Bernie can continue pretending the Rams were great before Kroenke to appease his dwindling reader base.

Fan since 80s

Commish

Postby Commish » 16 Jan 2017, 22:37

RamsFanInMO wrote:The franchise was far more watchable and easy to be proud of prior to Kroenke.

IIRC the Rams went 6-42 in the three seasons before Stan Kroenke became the franchise's majority owner... :? :| :x

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

RadRacerRams

Postby RadRacerRams » 17 Jan 2017, 02:46

Marshall Faulk 8-) :R told Kroenke and Demoff to hire the Guy......Enough Said

Go RAMS : :R When the Sheriff lays down the Law people Listen to #28...........he's 1 of the Smartest football players to ever play the game :!:

PS. Thanx #28 for helping the RAMS win there 1st SB.......props to MARSHALL...... :!:

poplarbluffman

Postby poplarbluffman » 17 Jan 2017, 03:53

Commish wrote:

AFAIK only Stan Kroenke could hire and fire the head coach, although Kevin Demoff presumably would've worked out the salary details in hiring one, while the coordinators and position coaches were employed at the head coach's discretion, again with Demoff handling the negotiating of their salaries.

I'm pretty certain that Demoff makes personal recommendations to Kroenke based on the input he receives from other executives within our team's organization, I'm figuring it's part of his job to do that.

That the guy was responsible for Kroenke hiring Fisher five years ago, or for deciding what coaching staff Fisher chose to employ, I haven't come across any evidence of that.

I'll also venture that IIRC the Rams' hiring of Fisher was generally considered a good move by numerous NFL-related sources at the time--the guy becoming increasingly 'laid back' and unmotivated as time went by during his coaching tenure with the Good Guys, who could've anticipated that happening...?? :roll: :o :?:

RAMS POWER!!

--The Commish

Demoff hired Fisher and Snead

RamPower

Postby RamPower » 17 Jan 2017, 05:53

poplarbluffman wrote:
Commish wrote:

RAMS POWER!!

--The Commish

Demoff hired Fisher and Snead

Sure...but nobody else in the League wanted anything to do with coach Fisher? (i.e. it was a widely well received transaction around the NFL)…

What St. Louis Rams fan wasn't relatively happy the day of the Fisher hire? (I'll guess few fans). We at least knew we would no longer be the League's unofficial defensive marshmallows. He was worth the gamble at the time, just like all the other coach and player busts that routinely happen in football (at every level). In the end, Fisher couldn't put an offense together as worried. He couldn't find the people (Snead included?) to properly evaluate talent, develop and game day execute.

But again, few Rams fans would have passed on Fisher…if anything, Kroenke showed that he was willing to dish out the big $$$ thru Fisher/his assistants. A clueless owner (not saying Kroenke is) at least is nothing like the frustration of a cheap owner.

Even the general opinion from the League's best football minds can totally whiff on an team acquisition. It is what it is...of course whether it's player, coach or front office, a lot of success in Pro Sports is merely the luck of timing and availability. You just hope ownership has enough IQ, desire and money to make it work regardless. Whatever, Fisher being a lot less attractive as a HC today than he was 5 years ago is hindsight.

Seriously, what coach beyond Bill Bilicheat would be an absolute no-brainer hire? How many of those were available for the Rams? (5 years ago or now). You're only as good as your recent history. Poor teams need a coach. Good teams hang on to theirs. Hello retreads and coordinators...

Cornell29

Postby Cornell29 » 17 Jan 2017, 08:26

We all know that Stan had a alternative agenda, which is why Fisher stayed as long as he did. Now that Stan got his stadium (removing his alternative agenda) I'll see what he does now. So far so good imo.

Return to “Rams Talk - Open Discussion”