Tailgater

Rams Tickets, Memorabilia and Merchandise
Rambulance

Tailgater

Postby Rambulance » 13 Jan 2016, 11:28

If anyone is interested we are selling our Tailgater "THE RAMBULANCE" on eBay. Proud Rams fan and hate to see them leave as we've been to every home game since they've been in St. Louis. Good team, not so much of a good person as an owner.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321975126069?ss ... 1555.l2649

Boffo97

Re: Tailgater

Postby Boffo97 » 13 Jan 2016, 11:34

Sorry for your loss, but nothing about this points to Kroenke being a bad person.

St. Louis gave him permission to relocate by not keeping the top tier promise, so he relocated. Nothing bad about doing something you were given permission to do.

Rambulance

Postby Rambulance » 14 Jan 2016, 11:52

It can always go both ways. From your stand point, yes he was allowed to do so. From our standpoint, he's been an absentee owner that has never wanted to negotiate with St. Louis for the allure of more money in LA. Business standpoint, understand. StL standpoint, he's wanted this every since he first help bring the Rams to StL, waited until Georgia passed, bought the majority away from Shad Khan with the full intentions of never wanting to keep them here. Not all on him as the NFL also lead the city on that there was a chance they could stay if they put their time and effort into building them a top tier stadium. This was never in the cards.

Not mad, just upset that we've been PSL owners and loyal fans for 20 years. I know a lot of LA people have been fans for longer, understandable. We didn't have a team anywhere with in driving distance to care about (we drove 2 hours each way to every home game). It is what it is. Just sucks for all of us who see a lot of the other owners engaging their fans and supporting their cities. We never got that. Good luck and Go Rams.

Boffo97

Postby Boffo97 » 14 Jan 2016, 14:34

I fully agree this was likely his plan since he took over the team. He even admits it was his plan by 2012 (apparently, at that point certain things were supposed to be done as part of the agreement to waive the 2005 top tier check and they weren't). But the only thing he ever had to negotiate for is the top tier clause, which he did and St. Louis tried to lowball him. The arbitrators found completely in the Rams favor.

At the end of the day, it's business. He could either move or shut up and take what St. Louis was willing to give him, which wasn't much honestly. St. Louis' leaders never should have made such a bad deal. They deserve all the blame here and are getting none, while Kroenke's getting it all simply for abiding by the lease terms.

That said, good luck selling your tailgater. It looks really nice.

Rambulance

Postby Rambulance » 15 Jan 2016, 08:22

Thanks, I agree the lease was good in spirit but awful in writing. As soon as Billion Dollar facilities started going up they were already screwed. There isn't a city in the nation that would be willing to pay for the 700 million in renovations 15 years after it was built in all public funds. The funny part was with the original lease, Kronk was one of the one helping negotiate in StL's favor. It is what it is. Go Rams, hope the off season goes well and they realize that Fisher isn't what's needed.

Boffo97

Postby Boffo97 » 15 Jan 2016, 08:33

That's a capitalist for you. Made money on moving the Rams there and made money on moving the Rams back. Personally, I'm under no delusion that it was anything other than that.

49RH8R

Postby 49RH8R » 01 Mar 2016, 07:26

Rambulance wrote:If anyone is interested we are selling our Tailgater "THE RAMBULANCE" on eBay. Proud Rams fan and hate to see them leave as we've been to every home game since they've been in St. Louis. Good team, not so much of a good person as an owner.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321975126069?ss ... 1555.l2649

Hi there, I'm just curious if you sold this. I'm not a customer but am wondering what happened to it.

It's cool so hopefully I see it in the parking lot in LA somewhere.

Rhino Ram

Postby Rhino Ram » 11 Nov 2016, 02:46

I'll buy it as soon as I have the money.

Return to “Rams Marketplace”