20% Discount For Rams Fans

USA 13 - 0 Thailand

Rate this topic
Post anything NOT related to football here.
ElAcky
Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Watched the game last night.. USA woman looked like goddesses next to the tiny Thailand woman. It was a complete mismatch and could easily have been 20-0.

To me it was really sad watching the US woman run up the score line and celebrate every goal like they had won the World Cup.

Zero sportsmanlike !

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:05 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Watched the game last night.. USA woman looked like goddesses next to the tiny Thailand woman. It was a complete mismatch and could easily have been 20-0.

To me it was really sad watching the US woman run up the score line and celebrate every goal like they had won the World Cup.

Zero sportsmanlike !
Some, (I won't say all of the Womans soccer team) are an embarrassment to the country and intelligence. You never see the men blatantly disrespecting opponents like some of the US woman did during and after this tournament. Including and especially dragging politics into it.
The whole mantra of equal pay, in this instance, as in many other areas, highlights their bullshit narrative to a tee.
They played most of the WC games with better then half empty stadiums, some downright empty. They have less sponsors and generate less revenue and interest then the men's Soccer and nobody thinks as highly of them as they do of themselves.
Notice how all we get from the women of other countries, almost all, I believe, ….crickets...
Look for there to be even less interest in woman's sports because they won't shut their self righteous mouths, play and earn it.
The woman's pro hockey league folded from this kinda shit. That and a lack of interest, both from fans and investors. hmmmm
The WNBA plays to smaller crowds then they draw for a lot of minor league baseball teams. They currently are surviving on their existing TV contract. Attendance and viewership are way down so we'll see once the current deal ends. I know I don't watch because it's garbage compared to the NBA or even College and even some High School B-ball.

Seems most of the sane world isn't interested seeing woman in roles men are known for.

ElAcky
Veteran

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:59 pm

Something like 8m watched the US v UK semi final in the UK.

But agree on them being too political

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:30 pm

ElAcky wrote:

And more than 3 times that amount in the UK watched the UK Men in their Semi Final .

https://variety.com/2018/tv/global/worl ... 202876383/

Here's a little exert ...

+++ In the U.K., a spectacular audience average of 24.2 million watched England’s semifinal against Croatia on ITV (the final dropped to 11.3 million viewers, spread between the BBC and ITV). The team from defending champion Germany went out in a surprise upset during the group stage, but that didn’t stop 21.3 million people (76.1% market share) from tuning in to the final on German state broadcaster ZDF. In Spain, 8.2 million viewers (57.3% share) watched the match on Mediaset España’s Telecinco channel.+++

The numbers around the world for the men in everything, are light years ahead of the woman in everything. Same with the skill set, quality and competition level, amongst other things. The equal pay noise is flat out bullshit, plain and simple.
Just try telling the fan they have to pay as much to see the woman play as they pay to see the men and see how it turns out?

ElAcky
Veteran

Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:06 pm

Rampager66 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

And more than 3 times that amount in the UK watched the UK Men in their Semi Final .

+++ In the U.K., a spectacular audience average of 24.2 million watched England’s semifinal against Croatia on ITV (the final dropped to 11.3 million viewers, spread between the BBC and ITV). The team from defending champion Germany went out in a surprise upset during the group stage, but that didn’t stop 21.3 million people (76.1% market share) from tuning in to the final on German state broadcaster ZDF. In Spain, 8.2 million viewers (57.3% share) watched the match on Mediaset España’s Telecinco channel.+++

The numbers around the world for the men in everything, are light years ahead of the woman in everything. Same with the skill set, quality and competition level, amongst other things. The equal pay noise is flat out bullshit, plain and simple.
Just try telling the fan they have to pay as much to see the woman play as they pay to see the men and see how it turns out?
I’m in agreement with you. Yes to equal money when there is an equal amount of viewership, sponsorship and interest. Until then it should be proportionate pay. The only sport that I can think of where this is getting close is tennis.

To ask for equal pay when your stadiums are half empty and an entry ticket to a domestic game is $5 is not realistic.

I think the woman are feeling that they are not compensated proportionately however and in fact they are right given the figures. The woman’s World Cup came alive for the first time these past months. I personally didn’t even know there was one until a few months ago and it started to get on the news.

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:13 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:06 pm
Rampager66 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

I’m in agreement with you. Yes to equal money when there is an equal amount of viewership, sponsorship and interest. Until then it should be proportionate pay. The only sport that I can think of where this is getting close is tennis.

To ask for equal pay when your stadiums are half empty and an entry ticket to a domestic game is $5 is not realistic.

I think the woman are feeling that they are not compensated proportionately however and in fact they are right given the figures. The woman’s World Cup came alive for the first time these past months. I personally didn’t even know there was one until a few months ago and it started to get on the news.
Produce these figure's that prove them right. Since you have no history of this, I won't hold my breath
There was barely 400 people at one woman's game, every game in the men's tournament sold out.
This disgusting embarrassing bitch Rapaho, is an Amy Wombat wannabe, who pulled the same shit after she took advantage of Lousy competition.

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:15 pm

Here's another opinion article for those that always refer to Fox news as GOP propaganda. Show me something similar from any of the trash news sites?

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/roger-f ... can-values

My opinions on this are iterated many times in the comments section and keep in mind that those sections are always loaded with left stiffs because their media doesn't allow comments that would expose their BS. So we do it in places like here.

And also there's this about the author:

Roger Fisk is a Democratic strategist who served in the Obama administration from 2009 to 2017 and was a senior communications and policy aide for Senator John Kerry

Can't wait to see the left further bullshit spin on this.

Ants
Pro-bowler

Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:55 pm

ElAcky wrote:

Zero sportsmanlike !

I think you meant "Zero sportspersonlike"...you sexist, narrow-minded a-hole. :lol:

The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

toast49
Veteran

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:11 pm

Ants wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:55 pm
ElAcky wrote:

Zero sportsmanlike !

I think you meant "Zero sportspersonlike"...you sexist, narrow-minded a-hole. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rate this topic