History

Rate this topic
Post anything NOT related to football here.
Post Reply
ElAcky
Veteran
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:08 am

Interesting history article thought I’d share.

I knew Spain had California, Texas and Florida but didn’t realise the full extent .

American Experience
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperie ... d=71810306



Ants
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3411
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:42 am

ElAcky wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:08 am
Interesting history article thought I’d share.

I knew Spain had California, Texas and Florida but didn’t realise the full extent .

American Experience
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperie ... d=71810306
Not sure what this has to do with anything.
Yeah, 170 years ago some people wanted slavery, some didn't.
The Jews were slaves thousands of years ago. What's your point? :?


The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

ElAcky
Veteran
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:33 am

Ants wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:42 am
ElAcky wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:08 am
Interesting history article thought I’d share.

I knew Spain had California, Texas and Florida but didn’t realise the full extent .

American Experience
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperie ... d=71810306
Not sure what this has to do with anything.
Yeah, 170 years ago some people wanted slavery, some didn't.
The Jews were slaves thousands of years ago. What's your point? :?
Actually I was pointing out Spain’s influence which Our not so friendly Russian poster keeps putting down



User avatar
Rampager66
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5870
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:41 am

ElAcky wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:33 am
Ants wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:42 am
ElAcky wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:08 am
Interesting history article thought I’d share.

I knew Spain had California, Texas and Florida but didn’t realise the full extent .

American Experience
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperie ... d=71810306
Not sure what this has to do with anything.
Yeah, 170 years ago some people wanted slavery, some didn't.
The Jews were slaves thousands of years ago. What's your point? :?
Actually I was pointing out Spain’s influence which Our not so friendly Russian poster keeps putting down
We're seeing Spains worthless influence in Mexico, South and Central America, and at the southern border. A few good ones but for the most part a bunch of criminal Neanderthals who can't develop a humane lifestyle for themselves in their own countries after how many centuries???? One needs to look no further then the current state of the cesspool mother country in Europe, Spain itself. Socialist nothingness once again and doing sweet fuck all for mankind... as usual.



ElAcky
Veteran
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:02 am

Rampager66 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:41 am
ElAcky wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:33 am
Ants wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:42 am


Not sure what this has to do with anything.
Yeah, 170 years ago some people wanted slavery, some didn't.
The Jews were slaves thousands of years ago. What's your point? :?
Actually I was pointing out Spain’s influence which Our not so friendly Russian poster keeps putting down
We're seeing Spains worthless influence in Mexico, South and Central America, and at the southern border. A few good ones but for the most part a bunch of criminal Neanderthals who can't develop a humane lifestyle for themselves in their own countries after how many centuries???? One needs to look no further then the current state of the cesspool mother country in Europe, Spain itself. Socialist nothingness once again and doing sweet fuck all for mankind... as usual.
Again nothing concrete..

actually the US has generally caused the problems in those countries due to economics, drugs etc. Spain has little to no influence in the Americas these days.

You obviously haven’t seen global tourism figures !!



ElAcky
Veteran
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 am

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/10- ... world.html

Only 46m people but 80m+ tourists a year versus US <80m tourists and pop of 340m.

That’s a shit load of foreign currency entering the country going to the wrong places ofcourse (as we discovered Panama etc)

It’s amazing what a safe place with friendly people, clean beaches, and good wholesome food will do!!!

Disneyland doesn’t buy you culture either!!

Ofcourse doubt you guys have travelled so you will never see the sites!

I was in Orlando last year and seriously was completely lacking culture... just amusement parks, huge highways and coffee chains and Walmart’s along the road.



Ants
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3411
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:15 am

ElAcky wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 am


I was in Orlando last year and seriously was completely lacking culture... just amusement parks, huge highways and coffee chains and Walmart’s along the road.

Well you got us there. :D
Of course, Europe is thousands of years older than the US as far as development is concerned. Naturally there will be more "culture" in Europe.
But give us 2,000 years and you will see how epic Disney really is/was. :roll: :lol:


The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

User avatar
Rampager66
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5870
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:22 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 am
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/10- ... world.html

Only 46m people but 80m+ tourists a year versus US <80m tourists and pop of 340m.

That’s a shit load of foreign currency entering the country going to the wrong places ofcourse (as we discovered Panama etc)

It’s amazing what a safe place with friendly people, clean beaches, and good wholesome food will do!!!

Disneyland doesn’t buy you culture either!!

Ofcourse doubt you guys have travelled so you will never see the sites!

I was in Orlando last year and seriously was completely lacking culture... just amusement parks, huge highways and coffee chains and Walmart’s along the road.
Those Numbers are skewed by the fact that anyone from the EU who is not a Spanish citizen is considered a tourist when they visit, for whatever reason. Considering they have open borders with all the member countries of the EU, and their own geographical location, those #'s IMO should be even higher then you say.
You can try and paint whatever kumbaya picture you want, in no way shape or form does shithole commie Spain measure up to the US in anything that matters, except maybe soccer...They are not even on the debate stage in most things, period.
The US is more isolated from other countries of substance, with basically just Canada as the only one nearby. So we don't get to ride the coat tails of many other countries of higher standing like the Spaniards do. America sets the standards for everything there is, that everyone else strives for. It's all the US, no coat tails here..... Sorry if that comes across as arrogant and I know how facts frustrate the hell out of you, BUT...…..



ElAcky
Veteran
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:55 pm

Rampager66 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:22 pm
ElAcky wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 am
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/10- ... world.html

Only 46m people but 80m+ tourists a year versus US <80m tourists and pop of 340m.

That’s a shit load of foreign currency entering the country going to the wrong places ofcourse (as we discovered Panama etc)

It’s amazing what a safe place with friendly people, clean beaches, and good wholesome food will do!!!

Disneyland doesn’t buy you culture either!!

Ofcourse doubt you guys have travelled so you will never see the sites!

I was in Orlando last year and seriously was completely lacking culture... just amusement parks, huge highways and coffee chains and Walmart’s along the road.
Those Numbers are skewed by the fact that anyone from the EU who is not a Spanish citizen is considered a tourist when they visit, for whatever reason. Considering they have open borders with all the member countries of the EU, and their own geographical location, those #'s IMO should be even higher then you say.
You can try and paint whatever kumbaya picture you want, in no way shape or form does shithole commie Spain measure up to the US in anything that matters, except maybe soccer...They are not even on the debate stage in most things, period.
The US is more isolated from other countries of substance, with basically just Canada as the only one nearby. So we don't get to ride the coat tails of many other countries of higher standing like the Spaniards do. America sets the standards for everything there is, that everyone else strives for. It's all the US, no coat tails here..... Sorry if that comes across as arrogant and I know how facts frustrate the hell out of you, BUT...…..
I bet someone in the 16th century in Spain said the same thing after discovering the Americas! Europeans don’t go to the US for a reason and it’s not the cost of air travel or the distance - it’s plain un safe and they are not respected as you brilliantly just demonstrated!



User avatar
Rampager66
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5870
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:31 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:55 pm
Rampager66 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:22 pm
ElAcky wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 am
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/10- ... world.html

Only 46m people but 80m+ tourists a year versus US <80m tourists and pop of 340m.

That’s a shit load of foreign currency entering the country going to the wrong places ofcourse (as we discovered Panama etc)

It’s amazing what a safe place with friendly people, clean beaches, and good wholesome food will do!!!

Disneyland doesn’t buy you culture either!!

Ofcourse doubt you guys have travelled so you will never see the sites!

I was in Orlando last year and seriously was completely lacking culture... just amusement parks, huge highways and coffee chains and Walmart’s along the road.
Those Numbers are skewed by the fact that anyone from the EU who is not a Spanish citizen is considered a tourist when they visit, for whatever reason. Considering they have open borders with all the member countries of the EU, and their own geographical location, those #'s IMO should be even higher then you say.
You can try and paint whatever kumbaya picture you want, in no way shape or form does shithole commie Spain measure up to the US in anything that matters, except maybe soccer...They are not even on the debate stage in most things, period.
The US is more isolated from other countries of substance, with basically just Canada as the only one nearby. So we don't get to ride the coat tails of many other countries of higher standing like the Spaniards do. America sets the standards for everything there is, that everyone else strives for. It's all the US, no coat tails here..... Sorry if that comes across as arrogant and I know how facts frustrate the hell out of you, BUT...…..
I bet someone in the 16th century in Spain said the same thing after discovering the Americas! Europeans don’t go to the US for a reason and it’s not the cost of air travel or the distance - it’s plain un safe and they are not respected as you brilliantly just demonstrated!
Look at you having a hissy fit...hahahaha why do you fight the truth so much?
And btw, I encounter Europeans everyday. They work here, in many fields at many levels. You are full of it. Same with tourism. Only Asians visit America (legally), more than Europeans.

Here's some more of what we call great leadership. The US is about to take the EU's main bitch to task on this. Pay attention indoctrinated one and learn something. I said it many times before, everything is about $$$$$ with Trump....

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-troops ... to-defense



User avatar
Rampager66
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5870
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:46 pm

"Poland has paid it's correct % to Nato and would gladly take the American Troops stationed in Germany"

Too funny... the Poles are talking about building a Fort Trump ffs...

The action the administration is considering here is a follow up to this warning half a year or so ago that some members didn't heed?



https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nato-h ... d-alliance

How is any of this a good thing for Putin and Russia again???
Answer D ---- it isn't...
Winning whether the lying left media reports it or not....



ElAcky
Veteran
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:51 am

Rampager66 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:31 pm
ElAcky wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:55 pm
Rampager66 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Those Numbers are skewed by the fact that anyone from the EU who is not a Spanish citizen is considered a tourist when they visit, for whatever reason. Considering they have open borders with all the member countries of the EU, and their own geographical location, those #'s IMO should be even higher then you say.
You can try and paint whatever kumbaya picture you want, in no way shape or form does shithole commie Spain measure up to the US in anything that matters, except maybe soccer...They are not even on the debate stage in most things, period.
The US is more isolated from other countries of substance, with basically just Canada as the only one nearby. So we don't get to ride the coat tails of many other countries of higher standing like the Spaniards do. America sets the standards for everything there is, that everyone else strives for. It's all the US, no coat tails here..... Sorry if that comes across as arrogant and I know how facts frustrate the hell out of you, BUT...…..
I bet someone in the 16th century in Spain said the same thing after discovering the Americas! Europeans don’t go to the US for a reason and it’s not the cost of air travel or the distance - it’s plain un safe and they are not respected as you brilliantly just demonstrated!
Look at you having a hissy fit...hahahaha why do you fight the truth so much?
And btw, I encounter Europeans everyday. They work here, in many fields at many levels. You are full of it. Same with tourism. Only Asians visit America (legally), more than Europeans.

Here's some more of what we call great leadership. The US is about to take the EU's main bitch to task on this. Pay attention indoctrinated one and learn something. I said it many times before, everything is about $$$$$ with Trump....

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-troops ... to-defense
Outside of a token visit to say you've been there, there is simply a lot more variety in Europe.. These summer holidays i was in Zakynthos (Greek island) and next week i am in Menorca.. 2 places i have never been to before simply because i just never got around to it i.e. too many places to go and too much variety. Next year its a toss up between Croatia, Sardinia and another Greek island. I still have most of eastern Europe to explore and I know that its very different to western Europe. Europe also includes Turkey and Morroco in terms of holidays.. all big tourist destinations with amazing sites, beaches and people. Been to Turkey a few times and its a great place to take the family. in the Winter (Easter holidays) it tends to be family visits (mainland Spain) or city visits (Stockholm, Prague etc)

in terms of Nato spending.. hey i agree.. a deal is a deal and Europe should spend their share.. I know there is a lot of discussion about this in Europe about how maybe we should form a European army and invest more in European defence companies to break the dependency. At the end of the day the reason why this is important to the US (which is not on the front line) is because bigger spending = bigger revenues for the US defence companies which are the clear leaders. Trimp has also clearly shown us that the US is not a reliable ally any more so its not a bad thing to go it alone. Bottom line.. Trimp is right, Nato is dead and we can thanks the greed from the corporates for that which is the true voice of the US.



ElAcky
Veteran
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:18 am

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccar ... fographic/

Yikes.. this is horrible from Europe !!

3.6 % from US is high but ofcourse usual lobbying, subsidies and interest groups... Boeing, Lockhead etc

btw: military service and police force etc are social services = socialism



User avatar
Rampager66
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5870
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:40 am

ElAcky wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:18 am
https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccar ... fographic/

Yikes.. this is horrible from Europe !!

3.6 % from US is high but ofcourse usual lobbying, subsidies and interest groups... Boeing, Lockhead etc

btw: military service and police force etc are social services = socialism
Here's an example of some of that world class culture you brag about from shithole Spain. The Spanish version of Kumbaya
Good thing there were real people from the UK on the scene...

https://www.foxnews.com/world/kickboxer ... g-vacation



Ants
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3411
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:46 am

ElAcky wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:18 am

btw: military service and police force etc are social services = socialism
Yeah, we call that "provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare".
You seem to think that if something is to the right of socialism, it's Anarchy. :roll:
BTW, socialism NEVER ends well. Why can't you understand this? :oops:


The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

ElAcky
Veteran
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:30 am

Ants wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:46 am
ElAcky wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:18 am

btw: military service and police force etc are social services = socialism
Yeah, we call that "provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare".
You seem to think that if something is to this e right of socialism, it's Anarchy. :roll:
BTW, socialism NEVER ends well. Why can't you understand this? :oops:
Seems be be doing ok in Europe...



Ants
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3411
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:27 am

ElAcky wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:30 am
Ants wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:46 am
ElAcky wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:18 am

btw: military service and police force etc are social services = socialism
Yeah, we call that "provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare".
You seem to think that if something is to this e right of socialism, it's Anarchy. :roll:
BTW, socialism NEVER ends well. Why can't you understand this? :oops:
Seems be be doing ok in Europe...

Yes, especially that Greece fire you have going on.
See what I did there? :lol:


The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

Ants
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3411
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:35 am

ElAcky wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:30 am
Ants wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:46 am

BTW, socialism NEVER ends well. Why can't you understand this? :oops:
Seems be be doing ok in Europe...
Oh really? How so? https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/ger ... dy-brenner


The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

ElAcky
Veteran
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Imagine that.. Germany has a pretty balanced budget, low unemployment even after accepting millions of Syrian refugees.. and A great social system.... try sacking a German employee!!!

They may need to stimulate the economy to avoid a recession...yes enter into debt... you guys know all about that!!

My wife is German from Cologne and I can tell you the standard of living there is like no other... the standard of everything is exceptional from roads to healthcare to manufacturing to the Christmas markets,..
... if only they replaced the stiff Germans it would be perfect!



Post Reply
Rate this topic