Rams Tell Nike... Do Not Change Horn Design.

General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Skyhook
Starter

Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:24 pm

Those of you obsessed with having "thicker" horns on the helmets can forget it.... Demoff revealed that the horns aren't changing.

At least we'll have the yellow and royal blue again.... I can't complain.

:R

majik
Veteran

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Or that can mean that eliminating horns on the helmet is a non-negotiable issue

sanbagger
Veteran

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:37 am

majik wrote:
If Demoff did in fact say "the horns aren't changing"...well....I believe that clears up any questions of what it could have meant.

majik
Veteran

Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:15 am

Again which could mean “you won’t be changing the fact that horns will be on the helmet”

sanbagger
Veteran

Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:09 pm

If it makes you feel better to look at it that way...OK...not the way I see it.

UtahRam
Starter

Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:39 pm

Skyhook wrote:
Those of you obsessed with having "thicker" horns on the helmets can forget it.... Demoff revealed that the horns aren't changing.

Enjoy your wimpy horns, jagoff

Skyhook
Starter

Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:47 pm

UtahRam wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:39 pm
Skyhook wrote:

Enjoy your wimpy horns, jagoff
Jagoff?? When did I say anything about my preference?

Listen Dick Face, I could care less what they do with with the horn design...... Unlike you

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Never been a fan of the royal blue and yellow.

They look like kid's pajamas.

Ramsguy
Bench Warmer

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:46 am

D-GenerationX wrote:

Those "kids pajamas" were voted the BEST uni for many many years. To each his own I guess. I love my Rams PJ's. :lol:

UtahRam
Starter

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:51 pm

I can't believe Demoff would say "no" to thickening the horns after my years of campaigning and the tremendous support I've received from my RAMS bros over the years. He's not a fool. Those horns will get thicker. Trust me.

Rammer
Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 am

D-GenerationX wrote:

agreed. looks like a division 3 college uni.

Ants
Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:35 am

majik wrote:

This is what I took it to mean.
Honestly, I never even noticed that the thickness of the horns decreased over time. Last year I actually had to look at an old picture to see what some of you were talking about.
Honestly, I think I like the horns at the current thickness...not that I'm a jagoff or anything. :roll:

I think I'd feel better about royal blue and yellow if there was a new design involved, along with including some white it the mix.
I think those old royal and yellow uniforms just look tired and old. I'm not a fan (although I do recall liking it back when they moved away from the Colts color combo back in the day).

:idea: Let's win some games.

bigklein
Starter

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:31 am

“I think I'd feel better about royal blue and yellow if there was a new design involved, along with including some white it the mix.”

I really like uniform combo of royal blue, yellow, and white. Would white horns outlined or shadowed with yellow look lame on the helmet?

clevelandrams
Veteran

Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:51 am

the nfl is one unit. The NFL decides to keep the horns. The Rams have no say.

Skyhook
Starter

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:45 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
That's total Bullshit. Why make up crap you know nothing about?

..... and when you start making shit up, it might help your cause to give us a link. Good idea?

clevelandrams
Veteran

Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 pm

Skyhook wrote:
clevelandrams wrote:

..... and when you start making shit up, it might help your cause to give us a link. Good idea?
lol at making shit up. you have no proof i'm wrong. You have nothing but a belief.
why would i have a link to something you arent supposed to know? you're so gullible, you think the world is some rosy open face place for you to understand? lol
the league decides all logos, all team locations, all colors. Its one corporation. Stop acting like a baby about sports on your tv.
why in the hell do you think all the colors were mostly bright in the 70s,80s and then they got real gothic in recent history.. ts because one entity wanted it all to flow together, they decide the trends. Your dumb sports fan ass just follows along.
learn to think for yourself for once. All you know how to do is believe everything tv tells you.

majik
Veteran

Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:42 am

Or perhaps in the late 60’s/early 70’s, the increase in the number of American households getting color TVs instead of some NFL Illuminati conspiracy theory as to why uniforms suddenly got so bright..

Clovis
Veteran

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:15 am

clevelandrams wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 pm
Skyhook wrote:
clevelandrams wrote:

lol at making shit up. you have no proof i'm wrong. You have nothing but a belief.
why would i have a link to something you arent supposed to know? you're so gullible, you think the world is some rosy open face place for you to understand? lol
the league decides all logos, all team locations, all colors. Its one corporation. Stop acting like a baby about sports on your tv.
why in the hell do you think all the colors were mostly bright in the 70s,80s and then they got real gothic in recent history.. ts because one entity wanted it all to flow together, they decide the trends. Your dumb sports fan ass just follows along.
learn to think for yourself for once. All you know how to do is believe everything tv tells you.
This stuff is more entertaining than the BS fluff articles that are being written by "journalists" this time of year. :-)

clevelandrams
Veteran

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:03 am

This stuff is more entertaining than the BS fluff articles that are being written by "journalists" this time of year. :-)
ie you have no way to counter what i'm saying so you make another stupid joke.

Skyhook
Starter

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:20 am

clevelandrams wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:03 am
ie you have no way to counter what i'm saying so you make another stupid joke.
Still waiting for a link to your BS claim.

Skyhook
Starter

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:40 am

Maybe this will clear up your confusion......

NFL Constitution and Bylaws Article XIX 19.9

(D) No club shall have the right to make changes in its club colors and/or in the designs of its team helmets or uniforms except in accordance with the following provisions:

(1) Absent specific extenuating circumstances as determined by the Commissioner, if a club desires to make any changes in club colors, uniform appearance, designs of team helmets, designs of team uniforms, trademarks, or trade names, it must give written notice and details thereof to the League on or before March 1 of the year prior to the year in which it wishes to change; must comply with the uniform change notification and approval timeline as established by the League office and amended from time to time; and further must obtain approval from the League pursuant to Section 19.9(D)(2) by December 1 of the year prior to the year in which it wishes to change; otherwise it shall have no right to make any change for the succeeding season.

(2) Despite the provisions of the foregoing sub-paragraph (1) of this Section 19.9(D) and despite the fact that notice was given of the proposed change in the colors and/or designs of team helmet and uniforms as above set out, should such change, in the opinion of the Commissioner, result in any conflict with the club colors and/or helmet and uniform designs of any other club, and the clubs involved are unable to agree upon a method of solving such conflict, the Commissioner shall have the right to designate the club colors and/or the designs of the team helmet or uniforms to be used by the affected clubs.

2002 Resolution G-3

Third, be it Further Resolved, that a Club may not change its regular home and away uniforms more than once every five NFL seasons, and may not change its third uniform design more than once every five NFL seasons, absent specific extenuating circumstances (e.g., Club ownership change or relocation) as determined by the Commissioner.

Ants
Veteran

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:33 pm

majik wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:42 am
Or perhaps in the late 60’s/early 70’s, the increase in the number of American households getting color TVs instead of some NFL Illuminati conspiracy theory as to why uniforms suddenly got so bright..

Haha! Classic.
Common sense beats psycho conspiracy theorist every time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:idea: Let's win some games.

Commish
Veteran

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 am

clevelandrams wrote:
That's simply point-blank not true, because franchises control their own uniforms--however, the league must be informed of major uniform changes something like two years in advance of their going into effect.

Those helmet horns (whatever their thickness) are a critical aspect of the Rams' uniforms, I'd venture... :) 8-) :ugeek:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Hari rama
Starter

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:44 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
This statement confuses me. Who or what is this NFL that tells the NFL what to do? If, as you say and I agree with you, that the NFL is one entity just like General Motors and US Steel who is the person at the top who makes the final decisions? Don't say the Commissioner who receives $1 million per team per year in salary. Just think of waking up every Christmas morning and there is a certified check for $32 million in your stocking. Year after year. Are you going to rock the boat or are you going to be a good boy and do as you are told? The owners created the post of Commissioner so that they could say that they were actually being overseen by a neutral party that would root out and punish anyone who threatened "the integrity of the game". The US Supreme Court ruled the NFL a monopoly when it was sued by the XFL but it wasn't broken up and the pieces sold as many other monopolies have been since the 1930s? Why?

majik
Veteran

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Hari rama wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:44 pm
clevelandrams wrote:
This statement confuses me. Who or what is this NFL that tells the NFL what to do? If, as you say and I agree with you, that the NFL is one entity just like General Motors and US Steel who is the person at the top who makes the final decisions? Don't say the Commissioner who receives $1 million per team per year in salary. Just think of waking up every Christmas morning and there is a certified check for $32 million in your stocking. Year after year. Are you going to rock the boat or are you going to be a good boy and do as you are told? The owners created the post of Commissioner so that they could say that they were actually being overseen by a neutral party that would root out and punish anyone who threatened "the integrity of the game". The US Supreme Court ruled the NFL a monopoly when it was sued by the XFL but it wasn't broken up and the pieces sold as many other monopolies have been since the 1930s? Why?
It was the USFL in the 1980s that sued and won an antitrust case against the NFL and was awarded $1. I loved the spring league schedule of the USFL and was a big LA Express fan. But a few owners convinced the others to switch to the fall and sue the NFL hoping to broker a forced NBA/ABA type merger. The leading USFL owner who led this suicide mission: Donald Trump.