public transportation in NYC

Rate this topic
Post anything NOT related to football here.
Rammer
Pro-bowler

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:41 am

You know what I think may save America from total disaster? Most of us don't use public transportation and so many of us live out of the big cities. The place where we see the most cases is NYC / northern NJ. This is also where they rely on public transportation. I am sure more than anywhere else in the country. This can't be a coincidence. I think Cuomo is wrong about it soon being just as bad everywhere as NYC. This is going to be unevenly spread. Some big cities will get it bad and other areas may not.
Last edited by Rammer on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:05 am

Rammer wrote:
You know what I think may America from total disaster? Most of us don't use public transportation and so many of us live out of the big cities. The place where we see the most cases is NYC / northern NJ. This is also where they rely on public transportation. I am sure more than anywhere else in the country. This can't be a coincidence. I think Cuomo is wrong about it soon being just as bad everywhere as NYC. This is going to be unevenly spread. Some big cities will get it bad and other areas may not.
Yes public transport is a disaster for these sorts of situations.. we're going to have to reevaluate things.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:20 am

ElAcky wrote:
Rammer wrote:
You know what I think may America from total disaster? Most of us don't use public transportation and so many of us live out of the big cities. The place where we see the most cases is NYC / northern NJ. This is also where they rely on public transportation. I am sure more than anywhere else in the country. This can't be a coincidence. I think Cuomo is wrong about it soon being just as bad everywhere as NYC. This is going to be unevenly spread. Some big cities will get it bad and other areas may not.
Yes public transport is a disaster for these sorts of situations.. we're going to have to reevaluate things.
the subways are closed right??? I would never go in there right now.

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:21 am

ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
Rammer wrote:
As far as I know the schedule is seriously reduced and there is much less ridership. But it is still running and someone told me that the reduced schedule is making everything more crowded.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:28 am

Rammer wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

As far as I know the schedule is seriously reduced and there is much less ridership. But it is still running and someone told me that the reduced schedule is making everything more crowded.
that is crazy no wonder NY is imploding right now. I would never get on a subway right now.

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:39 am

ocram23 wrote:
Rammer wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

that is crazy no wonder NY is imploding right now. I would never get on a subway right now.
I was told by a friend that people are avoiding, stations/terminals are far less crowded but certain trains themselves are busy because of reduced services. I guess they think that they need the subway to get hospital workers and other essential people to work. What happened to everyone having a jet pack or flying car? Wasn't this supposed to be our future?

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:41 am

Rammer wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:39 am
ocram23 wrote:
Rammer wrote:

I was told by a friend that people are avoiding, stations/terminals are far less crowded but certain trains themselves are busy because of reduced services. I guess they think that they need the subway to get hospital workers and other essential people to work. What happened to everyone having a jet pack or flying car? Wasn't this supposed to be our future?
Cuomo is imploding on these daily news conferences. I just assumed they already shut the subways down. take an uber or a cab over the subway. How about riding a scooter?

Rate this topic
  • Information