People in the office and some women

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
sdram
Pro-bowler

Mon May 18, 2020 3:42 pm

That’s who Dickerson says were consulted for the new uniforms

Me not we-Demoff
Last edited by sdram on Thu May 21, 2020 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

LARAMFAN52
Veteran

Mon May 18, 2020 3:58 pm

I love watching you cry about this everyday

😬😬😬😬

crazy-legs
Veteran

Mon May 18, 2020 5:07 pm

Guess Dickerson is crying too eh?

I hate the new uniforms. IMO they're terrible. Politically correct uniforms or something? Weak and lame. Doesn't mean I'll stop rooting for the Rams but with that said I'll be looking forward to every throwback uniform game...

Dickerson is spot on and what a terrible job by the FO reaching out for real opinions. What's that all about? No wonder they're so freaking lame...

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

HellRam
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 12:19 am

crazy-legs wrote:

I hate the new uniforms. IMO they're terrible. Politically correct uniforms or something? Weak and lame. Doesn't mean I'll stop rooting for the Rams but with that said I'll be looking forward to every throwback uniform game...

Dickerson is spot on and what a terrible job by the FO reaching out for real opinions. What's that all about? No wonder they're so freaking lame...
They're terrible. I thought maybe they would grow on me a little bit but I'm just disliking them more and more. Especially when you see some of the mocks uniforms that came out that are significantly better. I usually buy atleast one piece of Rams gear every year and Gods honest truth I have no motivation to buy any of this. None of it appeals to me.

DerbyRam
Bench Warmer

Tue May 19, 2020 2:50 am

Dicko had a Freudian slip when he remarked on the women for sure.

Everyone has differing opinions, but I think they've sold a boat load of them so its landed well. I really like the bone jersey, not so much the home jersey, but that's life.

As long as they win, I don't care if they're wearing baby pink as their home jersey.

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 7:39 am

crazy-legs wrote:

[/quote

Who cares what Dickerson thinks? I'm tired of hearing about his opinions. He was a great rb but the guy quit on us mid season. Enough about him.

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 8:23 am

crazy-legs wrote:
Well, he sure as shit ain't moving on.

A Logo Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down. A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 8:28 am

I applaud ED for reaching out to the public on this topic. It just shows and strengthens my argument on how bad Demoff is. He needs to go

UtahRam
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 11:22 am

The RAMS organization is a joke. This whole rebranding was nothing but a huge disaster. They completely fucked this whole thing up. I won't step foot anywhere near that Inglewood glory hole complex filled with the opposing team's fans and our shiny, new clown suits. What a huge kick in the nuts this whole thing has been.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 am

UtahRam wrote:
The RAMS organization is a joke. This whole rebranding was nothing but a huge disaster. They completely fucked this whole thing up. I won't step foot anywhere near that Inglewood glory hole complex filled with the opposing team's fans and our shiny, new clown suits. What a huge kick in the nuts this whole thing has been.
after just listening to ED I completely agree with you. This organization is a total fuckin joke. It first starts with the building of the stadium, I have never heard of anywhere where they go back and tell the NFL sorry but we were $2B off on the estimate we need 100% more money. Now they just asked the NFL for a $500M loan to continue building the stadium. Demoff is a complete moron. Just hearing the story ED relayed confirms my opinion of him. The uniforms and logo are a complete disaster. So all you homers out there save your posts are blasting me because I am a die hard fan but that doesn't give them the right let me let them slide on horrible decisions. As I stated a couple months back this is going to be a long year.

LARAMFAN52
Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 8:30 am

This organization brought the Rams back where they belong,that right there scores them an A+ from ME

And I love the new uniforms,best in the league still

I think the Stadiums gonna be great,too,I can’t wait to get down there for a game,it’s gonna be awesome,the envy of the league

And this Rams organization is great too at spending money,I’m old enough to remember a different Rams regime where keeping star players was always a problem,now I love what Kroenke,Demboff and Co are doing trying to make there star players happy,it sends the right message to other Free Agents out there that the Los Angeles Rams take care of their players

I love this Franchise I think they’re doing a great job,in fact I think this is the best Rams regime I’ve ever seen,miles ahead of the one that ran it from 1995-2011

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed May 20, 2020 8:37 am

LARAMFAN52 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:30 am
This organization brought the Rams back where they belong,that right there scores them an A+ from ME

And I love the new uniforms,best in the league still

I think the Stadiums gonna be great,too,I can’t wait to get down there for a game,it’s gonna be awesome,the envy of the league

And this Rams organization is great too at spending money,I’m old enough to remember a different Rams regime where keeping star players was always a problem,now I love what Kroenke,Demboff and Co are doing trying to make there star players happy,it sends the right message to other Free Agents out there that the Los Angeles Rams take care of their players

I love this Franchise I think they’re doing a great job,in fact I think this is the best Rams regime I’ve ever seen,miles ahead of the one that ran it from 1995-2011
28. Los Angeles Rams
What went right: The Rams acknowledged sunk costs and made the difficult decision to essentially erase their 2018 offseason by releasing running back Todd Gurley and trading away receiver Brandin Cooks. They rebuilt their defensive line around Aaron Donald by signing Leonard Floyd and A'Shawn Robinson, and when Michael Brockers failed his physical with the Ravens, they brought him back at a reasonable price. L.A. is expected to add third- and fourth-round compensatory picks in the 2021 draft for losing linebackers Dante Fowler Jr. and Cory Littleton in free agency.

What went wrong: As I wrote about in my winners and losers column, the Rams didn't address their needs. They used their two second-round picks on replacements for Gurley and Cooks; shouldn't Sean McVay be able to coach up a running back and third receiver without having to use the team's top picks? Their offensive line is still seriously troubling, and while they re-signed veteran left tackle Andrew Whitworth, the 38-year-old committed 14 penalties last season, up from 12 over his prior two seasons combined. The Rams have two other line starters coming off season-ending knee injuries, and they added only Jamil Demby and seventh-round pick Tremayne Anchrum.

They didn't replace Littleton, and while defensive coordinator Wade Phillips has a track record of molding inside linebackers out of unlikely places, Phillips is gone too. The Rams were ninth in defensive DVOA last season, and they will go from Phillips' decades of experience to 37-year-old Brandon Staley, who has spent only three years in the NFL. They also lost longtime special-teams coordinator John Fassel, who will be replaced by former Central Michigan coach John Bonamego.

Sean McVay and the Rams have parted ways with several key contributors this offseason, including wide receiver Brandin Cooks. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports
Perhaps more disconcertingly, it seems L.A. is either struggling with cash flow or going to present itself as such for the time being. It still hasn't paid Gurley or Clay Matthews owed bonus money, which led to Matthews filing a grievance with the league. Last week, the Rams reportedly applied for a $500 million loan from the league to help finance cost overruns on their new stadium while simultaneously asking for a 30-year repayment term, which is double the typical length. These two issues likely aren't directly related -- the bonuses for Gurley and Matthews are a drop in the bucket relative to the stadium costs -- but it's fair to wonder whether the organization is in position to meet the lofty contract demands of star corner Jalen Ramsey.

What they could have done differently: As was the case with the Texans and Tunsil, the Rams should have negotiated an extension with Ramsey when they made their trade with the Jaguars. It would have been more difficult, given that they made the deal in the middle of the season, but even agreeing on the broader framework of an extension would have gone a long way. Given how Marcus Peters has played since leaving the Rams, it's fair to argue that this team should have just held onto him and its two first-round picks, but that's another conversation altogether.

The Rams didn't have a first-round pick in April, and they won't have one in next year's draft, either. With that in mind, they badly needed to use one of their second-round picks this year on helping their offensive line. The organization was spoiled by what happened in 2017 and 2018, when the line stayed remarkably healthy and free-agent imports such as Whitworth and John Sullivan played at a high level. The line was a mess last season, and Jared Goff just isn't good enough to overcome heavy pressure. He posted a league-worst passer rating of 34.5 under pressure. Even if second-round pick Cam Akers turns into a superstar, the Rams should have waited to target a running back.

What's left to do: Sign Ramsey (or wide receiver Cooper Kupp). Both Kupp and Ramsey are in the final year of their respective deals, and the Rams don't want to head to the 2021 offseason with the two stars vying for one franchise tag. They also will have to work on deals for tight end Gerald Everett and defensive backs John Johnson III and Troy Hill next year, and while some of their pending free agents will be allowed to leave, they probably want to lock up at least one of their big two before the season begins. Ramsey will look to reset the cornerback market and will be asking something in the range of $20 million per season.

DMRamFan
Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 8:39 am

ocram23 wrote:
UtahRam wrote:
after just listening to ED I completely agree with you. This organization is a total fuckin joke. It first starts with the building of the stadium, I have never heard of anywhere where they go back and tell the NFL sorry but we were $2B off on the estimate we need 100% more money. Now they just asked the NFL for a $500M loan to continue building the stadium. Demoff is a complete moron. Just hearing the story ED relayed confirms my opinion of him. The uniforms and logo are a complete disaster. So all you homers out there save your posts are blasting me because I am a die hard fan but that doesn't give them the right let me let them slide on horrible decisions. As I stated a couple months back this is going to be a long year.
This will be a long rough year, def agree OC. But have faith man. We’ll be ok. Too many things to be upset about right now, so I’m trying for the first time in my life to look at the cup half full.

Change my mind

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed May 20, 2020 8:44 am

DMRamFan wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
UtahRam wrote:
This will be a long rough year, def agree OC. But have faith man. We’ll be ok. Too many things to be upset about right now, so I’m trying for the first time in my life to look at the cup half full.
in all aspects of their organization it demonstrates to me they are not in a good place. Sure the stadium is going to be great I agree but the building of the stadium has been a disaster. the Raiders started 1 year after them and they will be done before the Rams stadium is done and for far less money. Not that I care how much it costs but it just shows how unorganized this organization is. I am hopeful McVay shuts out everyone above him and focuses on football only.

DMRamFan
Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 9:00 am

ocram23 wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

in all aspects of their organization it demonstrates to me they are not in a good place. Sure the stadium is going to be great I agree but the building of the stadium has been a disaster. the Raiders started 1 year after them and they will be done before the Rams stadium is done and for far less money. Not that I care how much it costs but it just shows how unorganized this organization is. I am hopeful McVay shuts out everyone above him and focuses on football only.
That new Raiders stadium to me is the baddest looking stadium on the planet! Sleek, sharp, shine. Just rad. Actually looks more expensive that Sofi, but that’s just optics. They also didn’t have to dig a massive hole in the ground but they should of... ‘the black hole’. Ok, That was a total ‘dad joke. So I digress...
Don’t get me wrong, Sofi looks rad too, but in a different way. I’ll tell you this, Sofi and the Raiders stadiums are two stadiums no one will forget. The second those two distinct stadiums flash on tv or wherever, the entire world will know exactly what stadiums they are looking at. I’m REALLY looking forward to going to a Rams and Raiders games in each town. My x was a raiderette, so I used to go to Oakland for games, and I’ll tell ya, those Raiders fans are nuts. In a good and straight bats crazy way.

(Sorry, lots to digest in my post).

Change my mind

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed May 20, 2020 9:14 am

DMRamFan wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:00 am
ocram23 wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:

That new Raiders stadium to me is the baddest looking stadium on the planet! Sleek, sharp, shine. Just rad. Actually looks more expensive that Sofi, but that’s just optics. They also didn’t have to dig a massive hole in the ground but they should of... ‘the black hole’. Ok, That was a total ‘dad joke. So I digress...
Don’t get me wrong, Sofi looks rad too, but in a different way. I’ll tell you this, Sofi and the Raiders stadiums are two stadiums no one will forget. The second those two distinct stadiums flash on tv or wherever, the entire world will know exactly what stadiums they are looking at. I’m REALLY looking forward to going to a Rams and Raiders games in each town. My x was a raiderette, so I used to go to Oakland for games, and I’ll tell ya, those Raiders fans are nuts. In a good and straight bats crazy way.

(Sorry, lots to digest in my post).
yeah I drove by the Raiders new stadium 3 weeks ago and it is bad ass for sure. Sofi is going to be awesome too. I actually like the layout of Sofi better than the Raiders. I think the difference between the progress is doing business in CA vs NV. Las Vegas is going to be epic once it gets back to normal.

MacNasty
Starter

Wed May 20, 2020 9:23 am

There is a long way to go before we know whether the new uniforms are a success. Initial buy numbers might be higher or lower than they expected, but once the first year is over we should have an idea of how well the new look is taking financially.

I think the team embraced women and kids with the look. Personally I think the league as a whole needs to remember who their targeted audience is, but I'm willing to admit that maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there are tons of women and kids who live and breathe football and buy a ton of gear. Maybe the look will be seen by most of the men too as a fresh and attractive uniform they want to purchase. We'll see but I'll be surprised if their sales meet their desired objectives.

UtahRam
Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 10:44 am

Other than McVay, this is the same regime that shit the bed in St. Louis too...lol

This uniform change was a huge mistake. Sure, sales may be big now because it's being offered for the first time and it's a novelty but that will fade quickly. These new uniforms won't make any more fans than there are and will piss off many of the diehards. I don't care how well the team does in the next few years. The uniforms will always be a blight on this franchise. Some on this and other RAMS forums don't put as much stock in the uniforms as others. That's okay but many are traditionalists and there's no need to change for change's sake. If the RAMS had just gone back to the throwbacks none of these people who like the new uniforms would have said anything. No one was saying, "the RAMS should get all new uniforms", but many were saying, "the RAMS need to make their throwbacks their standard uniforms".

DMRamFan
Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 11:06 am

I still think this Logo would of knocked it out of the park. Total home run. In fact, I’ve asked my friend who makes T shirts to make me one w this logo... I’ll send pic once I get it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Change my mind

RamPower
Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 12:37 pm

HellRam wrote:
crazy-legs wrote:

They're terrible. I thought maybe they would grow on me a little bit but I'm just disliking them more and more. Especially when you see some of the mocks uniforms that came out that are significantly better. I usually buy atleast one piece of Rams gear every year and Gods honest truth I have no motivation to buy any of this. None of it appeals to me.
See, they are growing on you - growing old :D People supporting them are saying just wait until we see them on the field. Fine, but I'm thinking they'll look worse there is my first thought of course...winning cures everything, but even winning in this case will probably look like champs in chumps uniforms. Rams fucked up here no doubt IMO, but whatever...

RamPower
Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 12:39 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:06 am
I still think this Logo would of knocked it out of the park. Total home run. In fact, I’ve asked my friend who makes T shirts to make me one w this logo... I’ll send pic once I get it...
Way better, just like a few little changes on the new uniforms would make them way better...I'm still amazed how bad they look.

zackn
Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 12:54 pm

ocram23 wrote:
I applaud ED for reaching out to the public on this topic. It just shows and strengthens my argument on how bad Demoff is. He needs to go

ED;s a crankly loudmouth as usual (the big Mannion advocate, lol). You can applaud him for being that if you want. Meanwhile because you don't like the uniform (I am among those who do like it) you want to fire the guy who hired McVay?

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 1:09 pm

RamPower wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:37 pm
HellRam wrote:
crazy-legs wrote:

See, they are growing on you - growing old :D People supporting them are saying just wait until we see them on the field. Fine, but I'm thinking they'll look worse there is my first thought of course...winning cures everything, but even winning in this case will probably look like champs in chumps uniforms. Rams fucked up here no doubt IMO, but whatever...
I don't buy into the "winning cures everything" . I would love to see the team to go 13-3 and win the SB. But if they did, I'd still hate the uniforms, the baby half grown sheep horns, and the mirrored SD Charger logo. If I were to buy anything, it would be throwback gear. On top of that, I don't want to hear the "uniforms don't stop the run, or get first downs". Every fan wants their team to look good out there. There's a reason why teams like the Cowboys, Raiders, and Steelers haven't radically changed their look. The respect the history. Can you imagine the Cowboy star redesigned to be in two pieces, and only four points. No, I can't imagine that either.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed May 20, 2020 3:47 pm

zackn wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

ED;s a crankly loudmouth as usual (the big Mannion advocate, lol). You can applaud him for being that if you want. Meanwhile because you don't like the uniform (I am among those who do like it) you want to fire the guy who hired McVay?
ED is arguable the greatest Ram RB of all time so I will gladly take his opinion over many others. I live in SoCal and have listened to him on the radio over the years so I think his message is sincere. Let's not forget who got the ball rolling in the Fisher firing...it was ED calling out his BS. Demoff is a bafoon and he needs to go. All of a sudden it was all Demoff who hired McVay???

zackn
Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 7:55 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:47 pm
zackn wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

ED is arguable the greatest Ram RB of all time so I will gladly take his opinion over many others. I live in SoCal and have listened to him on the radio over the years so I think his message is sincere. Let's not forget who got the ball rolling in the Fisher firing...it was ED calling out his BS. Demoff is a bafoon and he needs to go. All of a sudden it was all Demoff who hired McVay???
Yeah all Rams fans liked ED as a running back. Does not mean he's a solid, balanced, logical commentator--cause, he's not. The Big Mannion Fan, remember? His being a top Rams RB has nothing to do with that. Same with Faulk. Great runner. And if you see him interviewed these days, kind of a prick.

And I don't buy the myth that ED "started" the thing to fire Fisher. What got Fisher fired was the run of 3 games from 11/27-12/11 where they lost by a total of 45-117.

You don't like the uniforms so to you he's a "buffoon"? I do like the uniforms and to me he's the guy who hired McVay.

Yes Demoff had final say on the coaching hire--he's the one whose job it was to make the decision and get Kroenke's okay on it. No one else in the organization had the power to do that. (This is well-known basic Rams history.) Everyone else on the staff on that hire was just an advisor to Demoff.

So are you doing this old bad logic move where if you don't like something it's on Demoff (uniforms) and if you do like something (McVay) it can't be Demoff...facts aside...

Rate this topic
  • Information