LA Rams To Receive 3 Compensatory Picks In 2017 NFL Draft
  • pmill66
    Rookie

Re: LA Rams To Receive 3 Compensatory Picks In 2017 NFL Draft

by pmill66 » 09 Jan 2017, 18:09

Will be interesting to see how Free Agency plays out for the Rams. Looks like they need 2 OL starters, and perhaps a 3rd, Another starting WR needs to be brought in, another starting CB or 2. Front 7 looks solid, another pass rusher sure would help out.The $ the rams have to spend sure will go quick.

Its tough to find starters in the draft after round 3, as we saw this season. Could see the rams trading up to add another 3rd rounder, giving up a 4th and 5th. WR CB OL would seem the most likely picks with the first couple of picks. TE DL could sneak in too.
    Dick84
    Bench Warmer

by Dick84 » 09 Jan 2017, 18:14

pmill66 wrote:Will be interesting to see how Free Agency plays out for the Rams. Looks like they need 2 OL starters, and perhaps a 3rd, Another starting WR needs to be brought in, another starting CB or 2. Front 7 looks solid, another pass rusher sure would help out.The $ the rams have to spend sure will go quick.

Its tough to find starters in the draft after round 3, as we saw this season. Could see the rams trading up to add another 3rd rounder, giving up a 4th and 5th. WR CB OL would seem the most likely picks with the first couple of picks. TE DL could sneak in too.

Lots of variables.. Could be 1 FA on the OL.. a left tackle.. you keep Saffold and have GRob/Brown/Wich/Donnal & mid round pick battle it out.
    You could draft a center in the 2nd or 3rd.

I don't think they're bringing in another FA at CB.. We'll see how much Tru signs for.. they need a FS. I think McD is gone and Mo will be th eSS.

WR.. def need at least one starter.. whether it's Britt or you move on.
    Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
    3-24-16
  • pmill66
    Rookie

by pmill66 » 09 Jan 2017, 18:28

Dick84 wrote:
    pmill66 wrote:Will be interesting to see how Free Agency plays out for the Rams. Looks like they need 2 OL starters, and perhaps a 3rd, Another starting WR needs to be brought in, another starting CB or 2. Front 7 looks solid, another pass rusher sure would help out.The $ the rams have to spend sure will go quick.

Lots of variables.. Could be 1 FA on the OL.. a left tackle.. you keep Saffold and have GRob/Brown/Wich/Donnal & mid round pick battle it out.

I don't think they're bringing in another FA at CB.. We'll see how much Tru signs for.. they need a FS. I think McD is gone and Mo will be th eSS.

Have read about moving Joyner to free safety, replacing him in the draft along with Tru. 2 rookie CB's would be interesting, better improve that pass rush. Think they spend FA dollars on the O, use 4-5 draft picks on D. OL has to be #1 focus.
    Dick84
    Bench Warmer

by Dick84 » 09 Jan 2017, 18:34

pmill66 wrote:
    Dick84 wrote:

Have read about moving Joyner to free safety, replacing him in the draft along with Tru. 2 rookie CB's would be interesting, better improve that pass rush. Think they spend FA dollars on the O, use 4-5 draft picks on D. OL has to be #1 focus.

I've only read fans speculate about Joyner... To small and too slow for FS, imo. Little to no ball instincts as well. You realize he has 0 career interceptions? That's amazing to me.

I do agree on spending more on the O in FA.
    Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
    3-24-16
  • poplarbluffman
    Bench Warmer

by poplarbluffman » 10 Jan 2017, 08:09

Ram Fan in U. City wrote:Would anybody consider moving up into the first round for WR - Dede Westbrook, Oklahoma .Westbrook has an outstanding PFF grade(88.5) and is rated the best WR by PFF and 4th best college player this year (see below). Not usually interested in move up deals but the Rams desperately need a #1 WR. Not sure what the cost would be but would consider trading up this year for the right WR.

Best receiver
    Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
    PFF Grade: 88.5; Pos. rank: 4

What’s most startling about the numbers Dede Westbrook put up this year is that he didn’t top 70 receiving yards in any of the first three games of the year. From that point on however, his lowest yardage output in a single game was 59 yards in the Sooners’ bowl game, and he dipped below the 100-yard mark just three times from the game against TCU in Week 5 to season’s end. Westbrook forced 20 missed tackles on 80 receptions, averaged 19.0 yards per catch, 9.7 yards after the catch and scored 17 touchdowns, proving to be the key offensive weapon on one of the most high-powered offenses in the nation.

Westbrook averaged 4.03 yards per route run, third at wide receiver behind only Jalin Robinette at Air Force, and Colorado State’s Michael Gallup. He also has a pretty reliable pair of hands, dropping just four of the 84 catchable passes thrown his way. He ranked behind only Northwestern’s Austin Carr among Power-5 wide receivers in PFF grades, and his overall body of work and consistency week to week made him our choice for this award. With a fantastic ability to find the big play, both downfield and by making defenders miss in space after the catch, Westbrook won the Biletnikoff Award this year and is also our top receiver after such a strong end to the year. Baker Mayfield’s top target, Westbrook’s numbers in 2016 are far too good to ignore. – Gordon McGuinness

have Westbrook #18th overall...much higher then other sites..likely will go go in the 2nd rd IMO ..his size will knock him down
    NN1Badboy
    Rookie

by NN1Badboy » 10 Jan 2017, 12:21

WRs ate hit and miss. Id give Clemsons Mike Williams a hard look
  • Ramsfan08ny
    Rookie

Re: Rams get 3 Comp Picks--if Snead's drafting it won't matter

by Ramsfan08ny » 10 Jan 2017, 13:09

RamFanFor55 wrote:
    UplandRam wrote:While the NFL world is fixated on the weekend’s slate of playoff games as we open the Wild Card Round of the 2017 NFL Playoffs, we’ve got some good news in an early piece from Over the Cap today looking at their projected compensatory picks in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Projected LA Rams 2017 NFL Draft Order
    Rd Pk (Rd) Pk (Ovr)
    2 5 37
    3 5 69
    4 5 110
    4 36 141
    5 5 151
    6 5 191
    6 36 222
    7 5 232

You can see the impact of the Goff trade and how severely it limits the Rams’ immediate ability to upgrade the roster. Just one pick in the first 68 and just two picks in the first 109. Whoever is coaching this team is going to have a massive challenge on his hands to improve the quality of output without a ton of modified input roster-wise.

WOO HOO, a "massive haul" indeed!! And look, we get TWO 4s and TWO 6s...woo hoo!! Wait, didn't we also have two 4s and two 6s in the 2016 draft. Gee, how'd that work out? Oh, yeah, Snead was picking...I almost forgot.

So now we have posters who are whining about extra picks in the draft. Pretty obvious some like to bitch just to hear themselves bitch.
  • Kindablue
    Bench Warmer

Re: Rams get 3 Comp Picks--if Snead's drafting it won't matter

by Kindablue » 10 Jan 2017, 16:23

Ramsfan08ny wrote: So now we have posters who are whining about extra picks in the draft. Pretty obvious some like to bitch just to hear themselves bitch.

He was whining about Snead.
  • tierrafan
    Rookie

by tierrafan » 10 Jan 2017, 19:41

I am a new fan to the site. I have been reading the posts since inception and I have to say it is the best Rams site out there.
    Many really good posters here. Some Ok. And others very negative or posting just to bitch/whine which most of us long time rams fans (me over 40 years) understand to a point. I am probably somewhere in the middle but try to keep an objecive, positive fan outlook. Because after all we are Rams fans and want to see the team turn the corner once and for all...right?

So here goes... Very concerned with who the coaches will be and how the draft and FA will play out. Having those additonal comp picks certainly helps but we need a regime that can coach up whoever is selected and retained. Also concerned about who on the current roster will be weeded out. Meaning players not in the plan.
    My limited viewpoint on what is needed to fix this mess is as follows in no particular order. Start with O:
    - OL: Starters needed (new center (duh?), one new guard and LT). Sorry but GR has had his chance...need to move on...
    - WR: Enough said. Need #1 + depth. Hoping Britt is retained for #2.
    - Keep BC as returner + b/u to TG please!!
    - Kendricks...??? On to D:
    - DE: Quinn has been injured on and off for what two, three years now. Need starter + depth.
    - LB: One new starter + depth. Barron..seemed to regress.
    - DB: Well most of you know why. Need starting CB + FS and NOW.

Hoping things will FINALLY change with new coaching staff. Rams fans way overdue for jsut a decent (8+ wins/Yr) team for a change.
    Hang in there Rams Bros and Gals....it has to get better..:)
    Rip away...
  • ramsrule57
    Rookie

by ramsrule57 » 10 Jan 2017, 20:37

With JJ signing that big contract and didn't he make the pro bowl>

It better be a 3rd rounder.
  • Pj50
    Rookie

by Pj50 » 11 Jan 2017, 09:34

These pics don't get announced officially until March how reliable have these projections been in the past