TRADE UP! TWO 4TH ROUNDERS FOR A 2ND AND TRADE THE 3RD ROUNDER AND A 6TH FOR A LATE 2ND ROUND PICK!

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
lynyrdsghost
Veteran
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:02 am

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:54 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:45 pm
TRADE UP! TWO 4TH ROUNDERS FOR A 2ND AND TRADE THE 3RD ROUNDER AND A 6TH FOR A LATE 2ND ROUND PICK!

This would give us two second round picks to use on an ILB and an OLB & pass rusher who could both be starters. Then we still have another 4th round pick left and three more 6th round picks to add depth on the OL and a back up safety.

Thoughts?
At best, trading two 4th rounders would bring back a late 3rd. The 87th pick and the 176th would move you up 5 spots to the 82nd. Sorry.



NorCal RF
Veteran
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Thoughts?

Why would anyone do such? Fantasy trade not reality.



User avatar
HellRam
Veteran
Posts: 1940
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:17 pm

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Yeah it would take all of our 4th rounders and our 3rd to move up to the 2nd round. And that doesn't have good odds either.

Now if we already had a 2nd round pick and we were trading up, then your scenario would have a much better chance of happening.

I'd like to maybe move up in the 3rd or 4th rounds if a player falls that fits the Rams needs. With our depth no reason to trade back this year IMO.



lynyrdsghost
Veteran
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:02 am

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:12 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:22 pm
lynyrdsghost wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:54 pm
RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:45 pm
TRADE UP! TWO 4TH ROUNDERS FOR A 2ND AND TRADE THE 3RD ROUNDER AND A 6TH FOR A LATE 2ND ROUND PICK!

This would give us two second round picks to use on an ILB and an OLB & pass rusher who could both be starters. Then we still have another 4th round pick left and three more 6th round picks to add depth on the OL and a back up safety.

Thoughts?
At best, trading two 4th rounders would bring back a late 3rd. The 87th pick and the 176th would move you up 5 spots to the 82nd. Sorry.
You think that two early fourth round picks would net a late third? I think a team that needs draft picks and has many holes to fill will take two early 4th rounders for a late 2nd round or early 3rd round pick...have seen teams do it in the past many times!
Think what you want. Anything is possible but most trades stay pretty close to the trade value point chart. Maybe you should look it up.



RadRacerRams
Veteran
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:08 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:45 pm
TRADE UP! TWO 4TH ROUNDERS FOR A 2ND AND TRADE THE 3RD ROUNDER AND A 6TH FOR A LATE 2ND ROUND PICK!

This would give us two second round picks to use on an ILB and an OLB & pass rusher who could both be starters. Then we still have another 4th round pick left and three more 6th round picks to add depth on the OL and a back up safety.

Thoughts?
https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp check out the points value board ....

Go RAMS



User avatar
harkin
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2558
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 pm

Radracer’s linked value chart nails it, op is pure fantasy.



User avatar
69RamFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6207
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 pm
Location: LA-CA By way of NY/NJ

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:55 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:45 pm
TRADE UP! TWO 4TH ROUNDERS FOR A 2ND AND TRADE THE 3RD ROUNDER AND A 6TH FOR A LATE 2ND ROUND PICK!

This would give us two second round picks to use on an ILB and an OLB & pass rusher who could both be starters. Then we still have another 4th round pick left and three more 6th round picks to add depth on the OL and a back up safety.

Thoughts?
This is why you are a rookie on this board,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

First you should do some research prior to posting,,,,

Look up your draft value chart....

Then you add those points you just listed,,,

and it doesn't come to equal value in your trade...

And if you did look it up,,, then you need to take a math class over again.... :lol: :lol: :lol:



29ramsfan
Bench Warmer
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:39 pm

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:46 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:22 pm
lynyrdsghost wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:54 pm
RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:45 pm
TRADE UP! TWO 4TH ROUNDERS FOR A 2ND AND TRADE THE 3RD ROUNDER AND A 6TH FOR A LATE 2ND ROUND PICK!

This would give us two second round picks to use on an ILB and an OLB & pass rusher who could both be starters. Then we still have another 4th round pick left and three more 6th round picks to add depth on the OL and a back up safety.

Thoughts?
At best, trading two 4th rounders would bring back a late 3rd. The 87th pick and the 176th would move you up 5 spots to the 82nd. Sorry.
You think that two early fourth round picks would net a late third? I think a team that needs draft picks and has many holes to fill will take two early 4th rounders for a late 2nd round or early 3rd round pick...have seen teams do it in the past many times!
First of all, we don't have two early 4th round picks. We have two very late 4th round picks, numbers 135 and 136. So even if a team disregarded the draft pick trade value, we'd have to find a way to get our hands on another early 4th.



User avatar
29TheBest
Starter
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:57 am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Yep, we would have to package 2 or 3 picks just to move of 5 or 6 slots IMO in the 3rd



sloramfan
Starter
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:06 pm

complete and utter bullshit...

i would not trade half my draft to move up 5 spaces.. or 3/4th's of my draft to move up 10...

we just don't have strong draft capitol..

so we need to make sure EVERYONE ( oops, or almost everyone)we draft can play special teams, or they'll get cut...

because we all know someone gets missed,and drops, or signs as an undrafted free agent, and makes the team... and CONTRIBUTES!...

this is where my bet will be placed...the guy that unexpectedly comes out of nowhere... i got no anxiety over ILB, OL, or whatever sky is falling posters post...

i think we're in pretty good shape for a run, and i can't wait for the diamond in the rough to surface from the UFA's and the picks...

bring on the season already!!!

go rams

slo



Ants
Veteran
Posts: 2386
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:41 am

I'm still wondering why EVERYTHIG the OP posts, it has to be with yelling and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:


He reminds me of a poster from years gone by. I can't put my finger on who.


:idea: Let's win some games.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran
Posts: 898
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:07 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:50 pm
69RamFan wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:55 pm
RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:45 pm
TRADE UP! TWO 4TH ROUNDERS FOR A 2ND AND TRADE THE 3RD ROUNDER AND A 6TH FOR A LATE 2ND ROUND PICK!

This would give us two second round picks to use on an ILB and an OLB & pass rusher who could both be starters. Then we still have another 4th round pick left and three more 6th round picks to add depth on the OL and a back up safety.

Thoughts?
This is why you are a rookie on this board,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

First you should do some research prior to posting,,,,

Look up your draft value chart....

Then you add those points you just listed,,,

and it doesn't come to equal value in your trade...

And if you did look it up,,, then you need to take a math class over again.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
So legend...does Marcus Peters, who is maybe the best corner in the game, plus a 6th round pick for a 2nd and a 4th round pick compute in your little book of value? Not all trades add up in value do they maestro?
I think what he was getting at is there actually is a value chart for draft picks that teams follow pretty much to the book. Your example of Marcus Peters is a different story. There is no chart for players. That comes down to how badly a team wants to move a player. Teams will not let draft picks go for less than their value.



User avatar
69RamFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6207
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 pm
Location: LA-CA By way of NY/NJ

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:15 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:50 pm
69RamFan wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:55 pm
RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:45 pm
TRADE UP! TWO 4TH ROUNDERS FOR A 2ND AND TRADE THE 3RD ROUNDER AND A 6TH FOR A LATE 2ND ROUND PICK!

This would give us two second round picks to use on an ILB and an OLB & pass rusher who could both be starters. Then we still have another 4th round pick left and three more 6th round picks to add depth on the OL and a back up safety.

Thoughts?
This is why you are a rookie on this board,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

First you should do some research prior to posting,,,,

Look up your draft value chart....

Then you add those points you just listed,,,

and it doesn't come to equal value in your trade...

And if you did look it up,,, then you need to take a math class over again.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
So legend...does Marcus Peters who is maybe the best corner in the game for a 2nd, a 4th and 6th round pick compute in your little book of value? Not all trades add up in value do they maestro?
Once again,,, get your story straight,,, do some research before you speak... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It was Peters and a 6th for our 2nd 2019 and a 4th....

As far as KC making that trade,,, they had their reasons,,, and I can't explain why,,,

It could be their lost and our gain... we will never know...

But If the RAMs make those trades as you're wishful thinking,,,,

then I'll bow to you.. but I doubt that will never happen.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by 69RamFan on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
harkin
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2558
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Peters was traded because as good as he has been he alienated the fan base and was viewed (fairly or unfairly) as introducing a less-then positive attitude in the locker room, very similar to Suh. IOW both teams did not think the respective players’ obvious talents were worth the negative baggage.

It’s the same reason a player as talented and productive as Terrell Owens was shown the door over and over.

Comparing the Peters trade to the draft value card makes no sense.



User avatar
69RamFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6207
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 pm
Location: LA-CA By way of NY/NJ

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Go check the point value chart when we traded for Goff,,,

It looks like we gave up a bunch of draft picks,, but if you go by points,, it pretty much equals out.. that's if you do it correctly......

We were sitting at pick 15,,, with all of the picks we gave away,,, and what picks we received,,,

the balance would of been 1017 vs 1033 but since we had a worst record the following year,

it turned out to be 1183 vs 1033 so the Titans made out on that trade by 150 points,,, but the trade was based off the value points at pick 15......



mburns
Starter
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:13 am

Why does this guy keep going on about players that were traded to justify his ridiculous trade scenario. He's been told over and over players are different based on how big a pain the neck they are to teams or financial considerations. Dickerson was traded because he wanted too much money.



User avatar
Seacone
Bench Warmer
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 am

A trade of draft picks is a paper trade that will be governed by the points per the chart. There could be some skewing from that depending on how desperate the one team is to move up, but not to the degree suggested by the OP. However, if the Rams throw in a player that could add some intangible value that changes the equation somewhat. I see a pretty deep WR corps at this time:

Austin, Tavon
Brown, Fred
Cooks, Brandin
Cooper, Pharoh
Kupp, Cooper
Reynolds, Josh
Thomas, Mike
Woods, Robert

I don't know much about Brown, but one of Austin, Reynolds and Thomas seem like possibilities, along with picks, to get packaged in a draft day trade to move up the board. None of them has any significant contract drag. I'll be stunned if Snead doesn't try to make a swap or two involving picks on draft day. Adding one of these players could be the sweetener he needs to move up and nab what he regards as a value player at a position of need (OL, LB) who falls a bit.



User avatar
harkin
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2558
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:03 am

mburns wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:13 am
Why does this guy keep going on about players that were traded to justify his ridiculous trade scenario. He's been told over and over players are different based on how big a pain the neck they are to teams or financial considerations. Dickerson was traded because he wanted too much money.
He doesn’t like math, has trouble posting quotes and equates NFL pick trade value with post-divorce property liquidation.....it’s like the loudest guys at the football party who know the least about the game; you just shake your head.

Capisce?



NorCal RF
Veteran
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 am

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:56 pm
harkin wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:36 pm
Peters was traded because as good as he has been he alienated the fan base and was viewed (fairly or unfairly) as introducing a less-then positive attitude in the locker room, very similar to Suh. IOW both teams did not think the respective players’ obvious talents were worth the negative baggage.

It’s the same reason a player as talented and productive as Terrell Owens was shown the door over and over.

Comparing the Peters trade to the draft value card makes no sense.
harkin wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:36 pm
Peters was traded because as good as he has been he alienated the fan base and was viewed (fairly or unfairly) as introducing a less-then positive attitude in the locker room, very similar to Suh. IOW both teams did not think the respective players’ obvious talents were worth the negative baggage.

It’s the same reason a player as talented and productive as Terrell Owens was shown the door over and over.

Comparing the Peters trade to the draft value card makes no sense.
I know all of you "Einstein" mathematicians like to figure everything out from your "draft value card" but guess what...nothing in this life is fair and in most trades there is a winner and a loser. So Mr. Mathematician...what about the Dickerson trade? Why was he traded? FYI not every trade for draft choices is determined by the "draft value card". I can point to many that do not calculate by that formula because as I stated earlier...circumstances dictate trades and when a team has more holes than draft choices...they sometimes will trade in the deficit of their "draft card value". Just like sometimes guys will dump their house for less money after a divorce...won't they? Circumstances at times dictate value and can bend it at times...kabisch?
Wow another poster fighting the fight after most replies to his thread state he is full of shit. Got to love it!

You state " I trade to win boys". Who are you again for that to mean anything in here?

I personally would like you to point to these "many" examples you keep referring to. And I stress "many" since that is the word you used.



lynyrdsghost
Veteran
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:02 am

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:12 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 am
Wow another poster fighting the fight after most replies to his thread state he is full of shit. Got to love it!

You state " I trade to win boys". Who are you again for that to mean anything in here?

I personally would like you to point to these "many" examples you keep referring to. And I stress "many" since that is the word you used.
I'd also like to see these many examples of those trades.



User avatar
69RamFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6207
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 pm
Location: LA-CA By way of NY/NJ

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:26 am

lynyrdsghost wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:12 am
NorCal RF wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 am
Wow another poster fighting the fight after most replies to his thread state he is full of shit. Got to love it!

You state " I trade to win boys". Who are you again for that to mean anything in here?

I personally would like you to point to these "many" examples you keep referring to. And I stress "many" since that is the word you used.
I'd also like to see these many examples of those trades.
Since he doesn't like to research and pull shit out of his ass,,,,

He'll have a tough and long time finding those examples.... :lol: :lol: :lol:



Ants
Veteran
Posts: 2386
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:36 am

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:15 pm
It is called "winning" the trade! I NEVER TRADE TO BREAK EVEN BOYS! I ALWAYS TRADE TO WIN...LIKE THE PETERS DEAL!
:lol: :roll:
Yes, because the other 31 teams in the league are always happy to TRADE TO LOSE.

:oops: Ugh.


:idea: Let's win some games.

crazy-legs
Veteran
Posts: 1846
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:49 am

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:55 am

I'd package (2) 4th and a 6th for a 3rd round pick IF there was a Bobby Wagnor type sitting there...

I'd consider packaging (3) 6th rounders for a 4th round pick IF there was a player there they projected as a starter (maybe a LB?)...

IMO we won't make many, if any, moves in the draft. I think they'll stand pat for the most part...


Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

mburns
Starter
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:28 pm

lynyrdsghost wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:12 am
NorCal RF wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 am
Wow another poster fighting the fight after most replies to his thread state he is full of shit. Got to love it!

You state " I trade to win boys". Who are you again for that to mean anything in here?

I personally would like you to point to these "many" examples you keep referring to. And I stress "many" since that is the word you used.
I'd also like to see these many examples of those trades.
I would as well. Hell you can just go to Wikipedia and look up NFL drafts for the past 10 years. All the trades are listed there. But I really doubt he will ever find any examples. Two 4th round picks for a 2nd round pick is laughable.



User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7725
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Rams traded a 5th rounder to move up three spaces in the second round in 14 to get Joyner... but, sure... two fourths will get a 2.

Lol.


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Post Reply
Rate this topic