TRADE UP! TWO 4TH ROUNDERS FOR A 2ND AND TRADE THE 3RD ROUNDER AND A 6TH FOR A LATE 2ND ROUND PICK!

General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
RamsChamps2018
Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:45 pm

TRADE UP! TWO 4TH ROUNDERS FOR A 2ND AND TRADE THE 3RD ROUNDER AND A 6TH FOR A LATE 2ND ROUND PICK!

This would give us two second round picks to use on an ILB and an OLB & pass rusher who could both be starters. Then we still have another 4th round pick left and three more 6th round picks to add depth on the OL and a back up safety.

Thoughts?

lynyrdsghost
Veteran

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:54 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:

This would give us two second round picks to use on an ILB and an OLB & pass rusher who could both be starters. Then we still have another 4th round pick left and three more 6th round picks to add depth on the OL and a back up safety.

Thoughts?
At best, trading two 4th rounders would bring back a late 3rd. The 87th pick and the 176th would move you up 5 spots to the 82nd. Sorry.

NorCal RF
Veteran

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Thoughts?

Why would anyone do such? Fantasy trade not reality.

HellRam
Veteran

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Yeah it would take all of our 4th rounders and our 3rd to move up to the 2nd round. And that doesn't have good odds either.

Now if we already had a 2nd round pick and we were trading up, then your scenario would have a much better chance of happening.

I'd like to maybe move up in the 3rd or 4th rounds if a player falls that fits the Rams needs. With our depth no reason to trade back this year IMO.

RamsChamps2018
Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:22 pm

lynyrdsghost wrote:
RamsChamps2018 wrote:

Thoughts?
At best, trading two 4th rounders would bring back a late 3rd. The 87th pick and the 176th would move you up 5 spots to the 82nd. Sorry.
You think that two early fourth round picks would net a late third? I think a team that needs draft picks and has many holes to fill will take two early 4th rounders for a late 2nd round or early 3rd round pick...have seen teams do it in the past many times!

lynyrdsghost
Veteran

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:12 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
lynyrdsghost wrote:
RamsChamps2018 wrote:

Thoughts?
You think that two early fourth round picks would net a late third? I think a team that needs draft picks and has many holes to fill will take two early 4th rounders for a late 2nd round or early 3rd round pick...have seen teams do it in the past many times!
Think what you want. Anything is possible but most trades stay pretty close to the trade value point chart. Maybe you should look it up.

RadRacerRams
Veteran

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:08 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:

Thoughts?
https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp check out the points value board ....

Go RAMS

harkin
Veteran

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 pm

Radracer’s linked value chart nails it, op is pure fantasy.

69RamFan
Pro-bowler

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:55 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:

Thoughts?
This is why you are a rookie on this board,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

First you should do some research prior to posting,,,,

Look up your draft value chart....

Then you add those points you just listed,,,

and it doesn't come to equal value in your trade...

And if you did look it up,,, then you need to take a math class over again.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

29ramsfan
Rookie

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:46 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
lynyrdsghost wrote:
RamsChamps2018 wrote:

Thoughts?
First of all, we don't have two early 4th round picks. We have two very late 4th round picks, numbers 135 and 136. So even if a team disregarded the draft pick trade value, we'd have to find a way to get our hands on another early 4th.

29TheBest
Starter

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Yep, we would have to package 2 or 3 picks just to move of 5 or 6 slots IMO in the 3rd

sloramfan
Starter

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:06 pm

complete and utter bullshit...

i would not trade half my draft to move up 5 spaces.. or 3/4th's of my draft to move up 10...

we just don't have strong draft capitol..

so we need to make sure EVERYONE ( oops, or almost everyone)we draft can play special teams, or they'll get cut...

because we all know someone gets missed,and drops, or signs as an undrafted free agent, and makes the team... and CONTRIBUTES!...

this is where my bet will be placed...the guy that unexpectedly comes out of nowhere... i got no anxiety over ILB, OL, or whatever sky is falling posters post...

i think we're in pretty good shape for a run, and i can't wait for the diamond in the rough to surface from the UFA's and the picks...

bring on the season already!!!

go rams

slo

Ants
Veteran

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:41 am

I'm still wondering why EVERYTHIG the OP posts, it has to be with yelling and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:

He reminds me of a poster from years gone by. I can't put my finger on who.

:idea: Let's win some games.

RamsChamps2018
Bench Warmer

Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:50 pm

69RamFan wrote:
RamsChamps2018 wrote:

Thoughts?

And if you did look it up,,, then you need to take a math class over again.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
So legend...does Marcus Peters, who is maybe the best corner in the game, plus a 6th round pick for a 2nd and a 4th round pick compute in your little book of value? Not all trades add up in value do they maestro?

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:07 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
69RamFan wrote:
RamsChamps2018 wrote:

Thoughts?

So legend...does Marcus Peters, who is maybe the best corner in the game, plus a 6th round pick for a 2nd and a 4th round pick compute in your little book of value? Not all trades add up in value do they maestro?
I think what he was getting at is there actually is a value chart for draft picks that teams follow pretty much to the book. Your example of Marcus Peters is a different story. There is no chart for players. That comes down to how badly a team wants to move a player. Teams will not let draft picks go for less than their value.

RamsChamps2018
Bench Warmer

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:15 pm

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:07 pm
RamsChamps2018 wrote:
69RamFan wrote:

I think what he was getting at is there actually is a value chart for draft picks that teams follow pretty much to the book. Your example of Marcus Peters is a different story. There is no chart for players. That comes down to how badly a team wants to move a player. Teams will not let draft picks go for less than their value.
Yes they will...just like they give up players like Peters for less than their value under the right circumstances. Every draft year there are a few teams with too little draft picks and too many holes to fill. Those teams will give up draft picks for less than their value, under the right circumstances...just like KC gave up Peters for way less than he was worth...under the right circumstances! We just need to approach the right team that needs draft choices and has lots of holes to fill. It is called "winning" the trade! I NEVER TRADE TO BREAK EVEN BOYS! I ALWAYS TRADE TO WIN...LIKE THE PETERS DEAL!

69RamFan
Pro-bowler

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:15 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
69RamFan wrote:
RamsChamps2018 wrote:

Thoughts?

So legend...does Marcus Peters who is maybe the best corner in the game for a 2nd, a 4th and 6th round pick compute in your little book of value? Not all trades add up in value do they maestro?
Once again,,, get your story straight,,, do some research before you speak... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It was Peters and a 6th for our 2nd 2019 and a 4th....

As far as KC making that trade,,, they had their reasons,,, and I can't explain why,,,

It could be their lost and our gain... we will never know...

But If the RAMs make those trades as you're wishful thinking,,,,

then I'll bow to you.. but I doubt that will never happen.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by 69RamFan on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RamsChamps2018
Bench Warmer

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:23 pm

Ants wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:41 am
I'm still wondering why EVERYTHIG the OP posts, it has to be with yelling and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:

He reminds me of a poster from years gone by. I can't put my finger on who.
YOUR A DAISY IF YOU DO....

harkin
Veteran

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Peters was traded because as good as he has been he alienated the fan base and was viewed (fairly or unfairly) as introducing a less-then positive attitude in the locker room, very similar to Suh. IOW both teams did not think the respective players’ obvious talents were worth the negative baggage.

It’s the same reason a player as talented and productive as Terrell Owens was shown the door over and over.

Comparing the Peters trade to the draft value card makes no sense.

RamsChamps2018
Bench Warmer

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:56 pm

harkin wrote:
Peters was traded because as good as he has been he alienated the fan base and was viewed (fairly or unfairly) as introducing a less-then positive attitude in the locker room, very similar to Suh. IOW both teams did not think the respective players’ obvious talents were worth the negative baggage.

It’s the same reason a player as talented and productive as Terrell Owens was shown the door over and over.

harkin wrote:

I know all of you "Einstein" mathematicians like to figure everything out from your "draft value card" but guess what...nothing in this life is fair and in most trades there is a winner and a loser. So Mr. Mathematician...what about the Dickerson trade? Why was he traded? FYI not every trade for draft choices is determined by the "draft value card". I can point to many that do not calculate by that formula because as I stated earlier...circumstances dictate trades and when a team has more holes than draft choices...they sometimes will trade in the deficit of their "draft card value". Just like sometimes guys will dump their house for less money after a divorce...won't they? Circumstances at times dictate value and can bend it at times...kabisch?

RamsChamps2018
Bench Warmer

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:14 pm

29ramsfan wrote:
RamsChamps2018 wrote:
lynyrdsghost wrote:

First of all, we don't have two early 4th round picks. We have two very late 4th round picks, numbers 135 and 136. So even if a team disregarded the draft pick trade value, we'd have to find a way to get our hands on another early 4th.
[/qu

I would bet that if Snead offered our 3rd a 4th and a 6th to a team that has many holes and few picks they would exchange their 2nd rounder for a 3rd, 4th and 6th and I would do that to get Nwosu.

RamsChamps2018
Bench Warmer

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:21 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:14 pm
29ramsfan wrote:
RamsChamps2018 wrote:

[/qu

I would bet that if Snead offered our 3rd a 4th and a 6th to a team that has many holes and few picks they would exchange their 2nd rounder for a 3rd, 4th and 6th and I would do that to get Nwosu.

69RamFan
Pro-bowler

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Go check the point value chart when we traded for Goff,,,

It looks like we gave up a bunch of draft picks,, but if you go by points,, it pretty much equals out.. that's if you do it correctly......

We were sitting at pick 15,,, with all of the picks we gave away,,, and what picks we received,,,

the balance would of been 1017 vs 1033 but since we had a worst record the following year,

it turned out to be 1183 vs 1033 so the Titans made out on that trade by 150 points,,, but the trade was based off the value points at pick 15......

mburns
Bench Warmer

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:13 am

Why does this guy keep going on about players that were traded to justify his ridiculous trade scenario. He's been told over and over players are different based on how big a pain the neck they are to teams or financial considerations. Dickerson was traded because he wanted too much money.

Seacone
Rookie

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 am

A trade of draft picks is a paper trade that will be governed by the points per the chart. There could be some skewing from that depending on how desperate the one team is to move up, but not to the degree suggested by the OP. However, if the Rams throw in a player that could add some intangible value that changes the equation somewhat. I see a pretty deep WR corps at this time:

Austin, Tavon
Brown, Fred
Cooks, Brandin
Cooper, Pharoh
Kupp, Cooper
Reynolds, Josh
Thomas, Mike
Woods, Robert

I don't know much about Brown, but one of Austin, Reynolds and Thomas seem like possibilities, along with picks, to get packaged in a draft day trade to move up the board. None of them has any significant contract drag. I'll be stunned if Snead doesn't try to make a swap or two involving picks on draft day. Adding one of these players could be the sweetener he needs to move up and nab what he regards as a value player at a position of need (OL, LB) who falls a bit.