Will Tyrell Crosby and Uchenna Nwosu Be Rams First Two Picks?

General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Wildflecken
Veteran

Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:44 am

1.) When the Rams 2017 season concluded I posted to go deeper into the playoffs in 2018 the Rams had to get tougher on defense and find Wade scheme fit talent to build a defense as dominant as his 2015 defense was.

I also stated McVay would need to lean heavier on the running attack in 2018 and to do so they would need to be able to install more of the power gap design McVay had at his disposal in WA.

2.) After an impressive offseason to date, most agree linebacker is Rams largest need defensively for the Rams to complete the retooling of the defense with Wade Phillips scheme fit talent.

I believe the target is Uchenna Nwosu from USC. Most projections have him coming off the board in round 3, a few round 4.

3.) Rewind to OTA's and training camp in 2017 and you will remember the Rams moving Brown to ROT and Hav to ROG. Enter Tyrell Crosby, the Rams new ROT with Hav kicking inside to ROG in 2018 and becoming our version of Zach Martin/Brandon Scherff.

Crosby is today's prototypical ROT and a true earth mover in the running attack, even more of a road grader than Hav who is exceptional in the run game in his own right. (Hav could remain outside at ROT while Crosby begins his career inside at ROG but no matter the final alignment prior to game 1, the combination of Both Hav and Crosby will allow McVay do dedicate more carries to Malcolm Brown. Brown's size, physical nature and 4yds and a cloud of dust running style will only soften the opposing defense further while Gurley is taking a breather)

Combining these two on the right side of the line will allow Kromer and McVay to install a true power gap in the 2018 run design.

In a perfect world, the draft will fall in a manner in which Crosby is on the board for Rams in round 3 and Nwosu on the board with Rams first pick in round 4. However it may not. But I trust Snead will maneuver the draft to ensure these are the Rams first two picks, if indeed they are the targets.

If this draft scenario is unattainable, I find it interesting our old friend Richie Incognito may now want out of Buffalo, a team with a history of making deals with Les Snead. Richie may offer an even better option than Crosby for a team who wants to WIN NOW.

Richie at ROG and Hav at ROT may be even more impressive. They also have a DE named Shaq Lawson who is much more suited to a 3-4 defense and the OLB position than DE and was drafted by a 3-4 coach in Rex Ryan prior to McDermitt's arrival in Buffalo and his installation of his 4-3 defense as McDermitt was once a disciple of John Johnson. Stay tuned Rams fans, the wheeling and dealing may not yet be done? But what is certain is this, The Rams are in win now mode.

Go Rams!!

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:40 am

I do see the RAMs going after one of these two draft prospects...

I know for sure they had Crosby as one of the RAMs 30 draft prospect visit....

But as far as going after Richie Incognito,,, with our cap space,,, I don't think we could afford him...

He is looking for big bucks to stay with Buffalo, for one more year, if not, he said he was retiring....

https://pro32.ap.org/article/bills-guar ... 11-seasons

harkin
Veteran

Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:28 am

Yeah I thought Richie announced he’s retiring, I didnt know it was a move to get a raise.

Wildflecken
Veteran

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:27 am

69RamFan wrote:

But as far as going after Richie Incognito,,, with our cap space,,, I don't think we could afford him...

He is looking for big bucks to stay with Buffalo, for one more year, if not, he said he was retiring....

You think Crosby is on board in round 3 or does Snead need to move into round 2 if Crosby is the target?

Your take on Rams adding a lb/edge/de in draft? Target/round?

Know the propsed trades are a reach but Snead has a history of doing deals with and obtaining talent from Buffalo. Richie first fired agents then threatened to retire because Bills cut his salary and I beleive he was do to make in the 5 mil range which was reduced to 3 mil range.

Shaw Lawson was once a highly coveted edge drafted in 2016 I beleive and is not a scheme fit prospect with McDermitt. Don't know full extent of his ankle injury last season, but assume cost to obtain him would be low. In fact could be released outright?

Can you share your links for Rams confirmed visits?

And lastly what is your take on why Donald's contract is not yet done? That complex of deal? Rams have to wait because deal puts them over cap currently?

malibu
Starter

Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Imo neither Crosby nor Nwosu make it to the 23 Rd pick in the 3rd round. I have never see either make it our pick in the various mocks that doesn't mean Snead moves up to the top of the third to get one of them though.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:37 pm

No, because both will be gone by time Rams pick.
I’d they trade up, maybe they get Nwosu.

Maybe.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Wildflecken
Veteran

Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:47 pm

malibu wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:03 pm
Imo neither Crosby nor Nwosu make it to the 23 Rd pick in the 3rd round. I have never see either make it our pick in the various mocks that doesn't mean Snead moves up to the top of the third to get one of them though.
I think Nwosu will be there in round 3. Crosby has drawn extreme interest from both Vikings and Giants. Giants I assume round 2, Vikings maybe at pick 30

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Wildflecken wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:27 am
69RamFan wrote:

You think Crosby is on board in round 3 or does Snead need to move into round 2 if Crosby is the target?

Your take on Rams adding a lb/edge/de in draft? Target/round?

Know the propsed trades are a reach but Snead has a history of doing deals with and obtaining talent from Buffalo. Richie first fired agents then threatened to retire because Bills cut his salary and I beleive he was do to make in the 5 mil range which was reduced to 3 mil range.

Shaw Lawson was once a highly coveted edge drafted in 2016 I beleive and is not a scheme fit prospect with McDermitt. Don't know full extent of his ankle injury last season, but assume cost to obtain him would be low. In fact could be released outright?

Can you share your links for Rams confirmed visits?

And lastly what is your take on why Donald's contract is not yet done? That complex of deal? Rams have to wait because deal puts them over cap currently?
On Crosby,,, I think they might need to move up.... he is predicted to go between 2nd and 3rd rounds... from NFL.COM.... Just depends on how many QBs are drafted in the 1st round to push everyone else down the board....

I feel they are targeting either a OT/OLB, Edge Rusher BPA for those two position within our 3rd and three 4th round pick...

As far as Cog,,,, based off that article I posted,,, I feel he is going to Retired.... plus,,, the RAMs are cap tight.... only way they sign any more FA's after the draft,,, are Vet Mins....
So that kind of knocks Cog from signing IMO...

On Shaq Lawson,,,, I think he is more of an DE than a OLB/Edge Rusher,,, but hey, if they release him, I would test the tires.... and see if Wade could work his Magic.....

I see you found a link on the 30 prospects.... I was looking on twitter the past week....

As for AD,,, I think the hold up of him signing his contract, is more of a sit and wait to see what Mack is getting... RAMs salary cap is not going to effect AD's contract,, most likely from what is happening with all of the RAMs trades and FA signings,,, AD's contract is going to be an extension with Guarantees in the 70k range... His salary for this year is already figured into the salary cap... As Snead already mention,,, nothing is going to effect AD's contract... (So that means Extension)

ramsrule57
Veteran

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:16 pm

Sorry,,but Rams are not getting either one of those guys . Best to determine what players fit that mold that will be there in rds. three and four.

lynyrdsghost
Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:02 am

Anything is possible but IMHO Crosby won't make it to 87 and Rams won't trade up. Nwosu should be there at 87 but doubt he makes it to 111. Don't think Rams would take him at 87 but who really knows? Won't shock me if they draft a Safety with that 87th pick. Can't see Joyner being a Ram in 2019 and there are some decent safeties in the 3rd/4th round. My guess is they'll take an OL at 87. Gonna be fun seeing which direction they go.

29TheBest
Starter

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:15 am

Well I would be unbelievably happy if this were to happen. I think Nwosu could be there at 87, Crosby seems to be all over the board though and could go early or could even be there in the 4th, but I honestly see him going early to late 2 to early 3 so we would have to move up I'm afraid. Hasn't Hav played guard before? if we get Crosby, then maybe Hav goes inside. Incognito is not happening $$$$. Lawson intriguing but how dies he fit Wade's scheme, just not sure

lynyrdsghost
Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:38 am

JMO but moving an experienced 33.75' armed 6'8" Hav inside to Guard while putting a rookie 32.25' armed 6'4" Crosby at RT seems kinda crazy. If either should move inside, it should be TC.

malibu
Starter

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:35 pm

What is the logic of taking Crosby, we need a LT replacement not a RT.

We will need to trade up to the top of the third to get Nwosu.

Wildflecken
Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Shaq Lawson was drafted when the Bills ran a 3-4 defense. Here is his draft profile

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ ... id=2555252

He is playing out of position in Buffalo as a DE

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Wildflecken wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:09 pm
Shaq Lawson was drafted when the Bills ran a 3-4 defense. Here is his draft profile

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ ... id=2555252

He is playing out of position in Buffalo as a DE

When I first replied back to you,, I stated he was more of an DE than a OLB/Edge Rusher...

After reviewing some of his tape,,,,

Yes he did started off as a LBer with Buffalo,,,

I see him simular to Quinn,,, He needs to get into a three point stance,

Not a person that can go out and cover...

He is more of an edge setting than a rusher.... From what I can see...

Getting a guy like him with first round money value...

I feel we have guys on the cheaper side.. doing the same or better....

I feel Ebukam will be a better fit,,, with his athleticism on the Right OLB/edge rusher...

Longacre on the Left side OLB being the edge setter....

He had 5.5 sacks,,, 27tackles 13 assist in 14 games prior to him getting hurt....

and lets not forget,,, this is all done on rotation and not starting...

Now we will have an outstanding front three,,, and give our OLB more freedom....

Plus we have the draft.... and I feel thats the route the RAMs will go....