Orlovsky: Goff is in Best QB Situation

General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Great Video by Orlovsky On GMFB

I can see Cooks and Woods replacing TA on those plays
and adding more to it since they could come out of the backfield and make catches too.....

http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Or ... 4ab7c56f60

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Tue May 15, 2018 5:01 pm

69RamFan wrote:

and adding more to it since they could come out of the backfield and make catches too.....

Wildflecken
Veteran

Wed May 16, 2018 3:01 am

69RamFan wrote:

Great Post 69. Cooks was I believe the most effective wr last season on sweeps and is everything at wr they WANTED TA to be. Cooks effectiveness does not end at LOS plays as TA's did. Cooks addition is huge.

Think the OBJ rumors were nothing but smoke, as Rams worked the Cooks deal behind the scenes.

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Wed May 16, 2018 5:48 am

Love it. Cooks will be very solid for us. I’m only hoping we add a big red zone target in the near future. Maybe a big TE. Tyler Eifert???

sanbagger
Veteran

Wed May 16, 2018 6:23 am

Wildflecken wrote:

Think the OBJ rumors were nothing but smoke, as Rams worked the Cooks deal behind the scenes.
Interesting thought. Could be they used the OBJ thing as a way to drive the price down for Cooks and as insurance just in case NE played hardball.

Of course it also could be OBJ was their first choice.....sometimes (most times?) I would love to know the inner workings during these negotiations.

Clovis
Veteran

Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 am

sanbagger wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:23 am
Wildflecken wrote:

Interesting thought. Could be they used the OBJ thing as a way to drive the price down for Cooks and as insurance just in case NE played hardball.

Of course it also could be OBJ was their first choice.....sometimes (most times?) I would love to know the inner workings during these negotiations.
There was something fishy about that OBJ thing. I liked the idea but it didn't make sense to pay the asking price. I couldn't see the RAMS giving up THAT much.

HellRam
Veteran

Wed May 16, 2018 9:35 am

I wouldn't say the OBJ deal was a smoke screen. I just dont think teams wanted to give up what the Gaints wanted. Plus you still gotta pay the man, who's looking at being the highest paid WR by a lot.

Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter

Wed May 16, 2018 11:59 am

How come, when it comes to Goff, it's always "best situation", "has weapons around him", "great defense". But when it comes to Wentz, HE HIMSELF is the reason for the teams success? Even though, by most metrics, the Eagles have a stronger team than the Rams outside of Quarterback? And even though, that same Eagles team WON THE SUPERBOWL with the Bachup Quarterback!!! Something's fishy here. Is it just the USUAL Rams Hate we've endured the last 40 or so years?? I call Bullshit on this perception.

malibu
Starter

Wed May 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
How come, when it comes to Goff, it's always "best situation", "has weapons around him", "great defense". But when it comes to Wentz, HE HIMSELF is the reason for the teams success? Even though, by most metrics, the Eagles have a stronger team than the Rams outside of Quarterback? And even though, that same Eagles team WON THE SUPERBOWL with the Bachup Quarterback!!! Something's fishy here. Is it just the USUAL Rams Hate we've endured the last 40 or so years?? I call Bullshit on this perception.
We almost beat Philly year with a team that is nowhere as good as this year's team. You need to remember Philly played in a super weak division.

sanbagger
Veteran

Wed May 16, 2018 1:18 pm

malibu wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:53 pm
Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
We almost beat Philly year with a team that is nowhere as good as this year's team. You need to remember Philly played in a super weak division.
In May all 32 teams think they are a better team.....different story when it becomes November.

A couple of key injuries and we are in trouble....Eagles had a bunch of key injuries last year and won the Superbowl.

HellRam
Veteran

Wed May 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
I agree. The FACT the Eagles even won the SB with their back up say's everything you need to know. I do think Foles is better then given credit for. But that's not the point.

Lots of QBs are in great postion to succeed...Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers just to name a few. Now I agree Goff does have it good, especially this year. He isn't alone however.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed May 16, 2018 4:03 pm

HellRam wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:02 pm
Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
I agree. The FACT the Eagles even won the SB with their back up say's everything you need to know. I do think Foles is better then given credit for. But that's not the point.

Lots of QBs are in great postion to succeed...Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers just to name a few. Now I agree Goff does have it good, especially this year. He isn't alone however.
I feel why Orlovsky said he was in the best situation,

because it was not only the players he has around him,

It was mostly McVay and how he schemes up plays....

As far as Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, they are on their downside of their career.

Goff is on his upside just beginning his career with a young team and HC...

The future is bright in front of us...

As far as Philly having a good team, they had a deeper team last year...

We had better starters in key positions... IMO

This year we are building a deeper team for injuries and for the future if we hit on our draft picks...

The key picks in this years draft are,,, Noteboom, Allen and Demby... our backups and future O-linemen.

Then we have OO and Kiser, but our D can survive better with out those two picks,

but our Offense can't survive unless we hit on those linemen picks in case of injuries.

Then for the future, we have draft picks for next year with four picks in the top 101 picks.

Hopefully starting with pick number 32.... then 96, 99 and 101...

Wildflecken
Veteran

Wed May 16, 2018 4:38 pm

NN1Badboy wrote:
Love it. Cooks will be very solid for us. I’m only hoping we add a big red zone target in the near future. Maybe a big TE. Tyler Eifert???
Think Cody McElroy has a legit shot to develop into just that

Clovis
Veteran

Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Wildflecken wrote:
NN1Badboy wrote:
This O is sorely lacking a TE. They did quite well without a TE in 2017 but IMO that wrinkle will be needed to keep it up. I was pleasantly surprised that TE wasn't addressed in the offseason, there must be high expectations of the youngsters. I thought Hemingway could be that TE we need. Maybe he can.

Skyhook
Starter

Wed May 16, 2018 10:48 pm

Clovis wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm
Wildflecken wrote:
NN1Badboy wrote:
This O is sorely lacking a TE. They did quite well without a TE in 2017 but IMO that wrinkle will be needed to keep it up. I was pleasantly surprised that TE wasn't addressed in the offseason, there must be high expectations of the youngsters. I thought Hemingway could be that TE we need. Maybe he can.
If Les has any clear blemishes on his resume, its that he never hits on WRs and TEs in the draft.(I think Kupp was 100% McVay)

Everret is still an unknown quanity so he still gets a pass here and I like Higbee better than most of you and we still don't know much about Reynolds as a future every down reciever, but after using 1st rounders on both Quick and Tavon, I really don't trust Les making any final calls on pass catchers..... i wonder if Sean has more influence on draft day than he makes public. I would assume he has final say on any offensive personnel moves... By draft or trade.

Does anyone on this board know for sure? I'd be interested to know for sure.

By what I could see in the clips from their draft headquarters, it looked like Sean and Les were pretty much on equal footing on final draft selections.

Plus it looked like they are very comfortable working together.... Unlike the previous headcoach and his arrogance and smugness.

:R

sanbagger
Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 4:41 am

Skyhook wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:48 pm

If Les has any clear blemishes on his resume, its that he never hits on WRs and TEs in the draft.(I think Kupp was 100% McVay)

I don't....I read a report wher Les cheered when Kupp ran a bad 40 time pre-draft...also, hasn't Les made a number of picks of lower level college guys that participated in the senior bowl?

I look at guys like Cooper, Reynolds, and Thomas as up and comers and Everett was hurt last year then Add that TE's usually take a solid year before they produce as they have multiple roles in the offense.

I say...give Les a little time and it's not really fair to place blame on the misses while giving credit to others for the hits.