Rams stadium costs top $4 billion

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams

Henry VIII
Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 3:23 pm

It was all the rain we had. At least that's what I was told by all the experts on here. This was a dog and pony show. Just come out and say its going to cost X amount of dollars and not BS all the time. Maybe the experts can help Stan pay down his new 2.2 billion dollar loan. I was told it was because of the great new NFL studio they are building but that's not even really included is the cost yet. :roll:

Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.

sanbagger
Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 4:09 pm

Henry VIII wrote:
It was all the rain we had. At least that's what I was told by all the experts on here. This was a dog and pony show. Just come out and say its going to cost X amount of dollars and not BS all the time. Maybe the experts can help Stan pay down his new 2.2 billion dollar loan. I was told it was because of the great new NFL studio they are building but that's not even really included is the cost yet. :roll:
Since you believe Stan knew the price was gonna be 4+ B, I just wonder what you think Stan gains by not telling the truth at the outset?

Henry VIII
Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 5:12 pm

sanbagger wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:09 pm
Henry VIII wrote:
Since you believe Stan knew the price was gonna be 4+ B, I just wonder what you think Stan gains by not telling the truth at the outset?
C'Mon man you don't get to be a billionaire and be that stupid. I think he knew it was going to cost more than the original 2.2 but maybe he was just guessing right. I'm not exactly sure why he didn't disclose why his highly paid project managers and building managers estimates were so far off. In the real world how can you possibly believe they missed the original estimates by twice amount and counting and still keep their jobs. I'm pretty sure I would have been fired. They missed the estimate by over 2 billion dollars just think about that number.
Last edited by Henry VIII on Thu May 17, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Thu May 17, 2018 6:14 pm

You know of course this is an entire complex being built, right? It isn’t just a stadium. It is retail space, commercial offices and residential space. Along with the stadium.

Henry VIII
Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 6:21 pm

UplandRam wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:14 pm
You know of course this is an entire complex being built, right? It isn’t just a stadium. It is retail space, commercial offices and residential space. Along with the stadium.
Yes Upland, but I'm sure those projects were already known when original estimates were factored in they just didn't add them in because they felt like it right. But the article says stadium cost. The other things you mentioned are going to add another 1 billion or more.

UtahRam
Starter

Thu May 17, 2018 8:03 pm

I just hope the hot dogs are good..

Henry VIII
Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 pm

UtahRam wrote:
Damn I love it. Hey I'm not really complaining. But why not just be up front with the true costs. I hope this place is top shelf and it really is the envy of the NFL.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Thu May 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Why should any of us care about the cost? This will be the finest stadium in the world and it is privately funded.
Some people think a taxpayer funded multi billion dollar bullet train from SF to LA is a good idea... of course, a project like that being taxpayer financed the cost overruns and delays would be enormous- lol

Rammer
Veteran

Fri May 18, 2018 6:28 am

I guess I don't care what it costs.

Remember, though, at the time, we had competing stadium deals- competing teams wanting to move. Maybe an extra year and 2 billion would have swung a couple of owners to vote the other way. That's probably why at first, we had a low ball price and earlier time line for the opening. Nothing Stan has said in the last 10 years has been sincere, except wanting to move to LA. He wanted to move the team to LA and he did and said whatever he had to do to make that happen. It is what it is.

Henry VIII
Veteran

Fri May 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Rammer wrote:

Remember, though, at the time, we had competing stadium deals- competing teams wanting to move. Maybe an extra year and 2 billion would have swung a couple of owners to vote the other way. That's probably why at first, we had a low ball price and earlier time line for the opening. Nothing Stan has said in the last 10 years has been sincere, except wanting to move to LA. He wanted to move the team to LA and he did and said whatever he had to do to make that happen. It is what it is.
You know that's as good as an explanation as I have heard. I didn't think about that before you mentioned it.

Rampager66
Pro-bowler

Fri May 18, 2018 4:20 pm

Rammer wrote:

Maybe an extra year and 2 billion would have swung a couple of owners to vote the other way.

The Rams will still be among the top 5 or 6 in Attendance and Revenue playing 1 more year in the Coliseum.

I think it's safe to assume that there was no way Spanos and Davis, either alone or together would have been able to provide the Facility, Opportunity and Potential that Stan is providing on his own dime.

The greedy owners who'll benefit voted for that, rather then just a stadium solution for the relocated Raiders and Chargers.

So I don't get how the extra time and cost would have swayed votes if the league isn't on the hook for any of it. Just means the gravy train would have to wait 1 more year.

At the end of the day whatever the project over runs end up, they will have no trouble with ROI once it's been in use for a while,

SoCalRam78
Veteran

Fri May 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Will be best stadium in the league and the standard. Not sure why the “cost” bothers you. You have a right to go or not go to games like anyone else.

Rams have a great team and are moving into the crown jewel of NFL stadiums. Let’s compare that to some other train wrecks right now in the LA sports scene.

Enjoy it.

Fan since 80s

Hari rama
Starter

Fri May 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Once they move into the now legalised sports betting Stan will pay off that loan in no time.

Henry VIII
Veteran

Fri May 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Rampager66 wrote:
Rammer wrote:

Maybe an extra year and 2 billion would have swung a couple of owners to vote the other way.

The Rams will still be among the top 5 or 6 in Attendance and Revenue playing 1 more year in the Coliseum.

I think it's safe to assume that there was no way Spanos and Davis, either alone or together would have been able to provide the Facility, Opportunity and Potential that Stan is providing on his own dime.

The greedy owners who'll benefit voted for that, rather then just a stadium solution for the relocated Raiders and Chargers.

So I don't get how the extra time and cost would have swayed votes if the league isn't on the hook for any of it. Just means the gravy train would have to wait 1 more year.

At the end of the day whatever the project over runs end up, they will have no trouble with ROI once it's been in use for a while,
I read that the Rams were only 26 in attendance in the league.

CierraRam
Veteran

Sat May 19, 2018 6:21 am

UtahRam wrote:
At $25 a Dog they best beat the Dodger Dogs.... but nothing beats a camp fire Ball Park Frank for the low, low price of around $1 a dog :D

Rampager66
Pro-bowler

Sun May 20, 2018 7:57 am

Henry VIII wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:
Rammer wrote:

Yeah I checked and you are right on that. 26th with 63,000 + avg.
The year before they were 7th at 74,141 avg before they capped it at 70 ,000.
I'll bet they will do better then 26th after last year's performance and the huge expectations for this year, provided they live up to it and don't take a major step back.

Henry VIII
Veteran

Sun May 20, 2018 8:32 am

Rampager66 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:57 am
Henry VIII wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:

Yeah I checked and you are right on that. 26th with 63,000 + avg.
The year before they were 7th at 74,141 avg before they capped it at 70 ,000.
I'll bet they will do better then 26th after last year's performance and the huge expectations for this year, provided they live up to it and don't take a major step back.
If they come out of the gate strong say 4/1 they will put up nice numbers. Go Rams!

Rate this topic