DO WE HAVE A VON MILLER AT LINEBACKER ON OUR TEAM ALREADY? 6'3" 245 LBS. 4.45 40 YARD AND 24 BENCH REPS!!!

General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Clovis
Veteran

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:21 am

Latest post of the previous page:

harkin wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:53 pm
Physical gifts regarding strength and speed are great and essential to even get in the league. But if combine numbers were all it took, RGIII and Mike Mamula would already be preparing their HOF speeches.

Since Von Miller and LT were mentioned, don’t forget the one thing both have/had that separates the great from the good, motors that never quit.

29thebest calls it that thing pumping the blood and that’s what it is, HEART. The absolute inability to slack off or quit.

If Ebu has that, he has a chance at being exceptional. Without it there’s no chance. Sure hope he has it.
Since Ebu was picked up under Wade's watch, and kept during this season's turnover it makes me feel pretty good about the guy.

RamsChamps2018
Bench Warmer

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:27 pm

69RamFan wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:28 pm
Clovis wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:13 pm
With those 3 monsters up front I don't think Ebu is going to have many sack opportunities. Offenses are not going to let a QB hang around long in the pocket. IMO it's going to be a lot of runs and quick passes this D is playing against. Offenses need to milk the clock to keep the RAMS O off the field.

Ebu needs to take advantage of the limited opportunities he gets.
With our three headed monsters up front,,, they will be able to rush the pass and stop the run...

If they are going to be double team both Suh and AD,,, that will leave our ILBers free to hit the holes untouched and make tackles on the runs or blitzes to the QB.

On passing situation,,, , our smother brothers will hold down those WRs from the LOS in which it will give enough time for our front line to make sacks on the QB...

at the same time,, our front three monsters,, they will push the pocket,, right into our OLBers...

This is going to be a fun time to watch our Defense this year... :D :D :D
A lot of QB's passing under great duress which means lots of errant passes and that equates to pick sixes coming from both corners! More points for our record breaking offense!!!

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:46 am

I was thinking about a better Rams comp for Ebukam...
and found him.

Kevin Greene.

Both started football later... both mid-round picks... both physical beasts who love to play.

Ebukam is just really going to need to be a quick learner.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

CierraRam
Veteran

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:06 am

Dick84 wrote:
and found him.

Kevin Greene.

Both started football later... both mid-round picks... both physical beasts who love to play.

It was great watching Greene explode as a player in Fritz' exotic 'Eagle defense". That defense was drawn up from scratch by Fritz specifically to mask a number of weakness' on his defense and it worked like a dream. And it's no wonder that Greene continue to shine in Lebeau's then new 3-4 zone blitz defense in Pittsburgh. It's no surprise either that the then cheap Rams fell apart after the season in which Greene blossomed because they didnt draft well to fill growing holes and didnt want to pay anyone.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:08 pm

CierraRam wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:06 am
Dick84 wrote:
and found him.

Kevin Greene.

It was great watching Greene explode as a player in Fritz' exotic 'Eagle defense". That defense was drawn up from scratch by Fritz specifically to mask a number of weakness' on his defense and it worked like a dream. And it's no wonder that Greene continue to shine in Lebeau's then new 3-4 zone blitz defense in Pittsburgh. It's no surprise either that the then cheap Rams fell apart after the season in which Greene blossomed because they didnt draft well to fill growing holes and didnt want to pay anyone.
Fritz’s Blitzes!!!

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

EastBayRamsFan
Starter

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:46 pm

All that glitters is not gold...case in point:

Former Ram and workout warrior Anthony Hargrove, also 6'3" and full of potential but Von Miller he was not.

Clovis
Veteran

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:20 am

I remember being greatly disappointed the RAMS did not draft Vernon Gholston. Hahahaha

harkin
Veteran

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:13 am

I remember thinking Lovell Pinkney was the steal of the draft.

RamsChamps2018
Bench Warmer

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:01 pm

Safety Blitz wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:42 pm
Not worried about our LB corps. We have Longacre, Hager, and Samson who each played well last season. We have Barron and the KC import. I think Littleton and Ebukam, step up big time.

Eager to see what Kiser can do.
I looked at Tegray Scales and this kid is a tackling machine just like Kiser and he benched 27 reps at the combine. I hope he makes the team or at least the practice squad, as I like what I saw of him. He and Kiser are both great against the run...we have some good talent in the late rounds at LB and I believe we will be much improved against the run this year!

HellRam
Veteran

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:54 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:01 pm
Safety Blitz wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:42 pm
Not worried about our LB corps. We have Longacre, Hager, and Samson who each played well last season. We have Barron and the KC import. I think Littleton and Ebukam, step up big time.

Eager to see what Kiser can do.
I looked at Tegray Scales and this kid is a tackling machine just like Kiser and he benched 27 reps at the combine. I hope he makes the team or at least the practice squad, as I like what I saw of him. He and Kiser are both great against the run...we have some good talent in the late rounds at LB and I believe we will be much improved against the run this year!
Agree!

It's not like our LBs were any good last year to begin with. We might not be as fast at the position but we are much more stout, no doubt.

Training camp competition should be fun to watch this year at LB.