REAL REASON WHY DONALD AND COOKS HAVEN'T SIGNED

General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Post Reply
DOOM357
Starter
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:47 am

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 am

Cooks nor Donald have no incentive to sign because the agents would be doing them a disservice. If I was Cooks I would let Beckham set the bar. By Beckham set a high bar will drag his money up. Likewise if I was Donald I would wait for Mack to sign. No big deal yet



User avatar
69RamFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5805
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 pm
Location: LA-CA By way of NY/NJ

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:11 pm

DOOM357 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 am
Cooks nor Donald have no incentive to sign because the agents would be doing them a disservice. If I was Cooks I would let Beckham set the bar. By Beckham set a high bar will drag his money up. Likewise if I was Donald I would wait for Mack to sign. No big deal yet
But Mack could hold out longer,,,
He has all of his accrued time built up so he doesn't lose any time for becoming a FA

Were as AD used his time sitting out last year...
So he as to be in camp by the 8th of Aug



sanbagger
Veteran
Posts: 1670
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:38 pm

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 pm

The Rams and AD have been attempting to get a deal done since before last season began...he must be very patient waiting on Mack.

Cooks is new to the city and team, not even sure if that's the place for him yet.

I'm not saying the guys you mention aren't factors....just not sold they are THE reason.



Clovis
Veteran
Posts: 1548
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:59 am

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:53 pm

DOOM357 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 am
No big deal yet
Agreed



User avatar
clevelandrams
Veteran
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:19 pm
Location: Oregon/California

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:44 am

the real reason is the league is waiting for the right date to bring the drama. No other reason.



crazy-legs
Veteran
Posts: 1724
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:49 am

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:10 am

2 things IMO...

#1. We don't have any money to sign them. If they signed a new contract they wouldn't get a penny until next year (which makes me wonder why Donald is holding out)...

#2. Since salaries only go 1 way - up - why sign now when you won't get a penny. Makes sense to wait until next year so you can squeeze a few more duckets out of them...


Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

49RH8R
Starter
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:54 am
Location: Carlsbad

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:06 am

i keep hearing this khalil mack theory. donald plays DL and mack plays LB so the comps aren't going to necessarily correlate are they? if he played the same position it might be more relevant what happens to mack.



toast49
Veteran
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 am

It's about guaranteed money. Any contract Donald signs won't effect his pay for this year, but, it is guaranteed money. So if he gets hurt this year the Rams still have to pay him that money. If he doesn't sign a new contract and gets hurt this year then the Rams only owe him the balance of his current contract.



User avatar
D-GenerationX
Veteran
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:53 am

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:18 am

Cooks would be a fool to sign right now. And should fire his agent if he suggests it.

I don't even know he signs during the year, unless he just loves it here.



Ants
Veteran
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 am

clevelandrams wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:44 am
the real reason is the league is waiting for the right date to bring the drama. No other reason.
:roll: coo-coo, coo-coo, coo-coo. :oops:
Sheesh


:idea: Let's win some games.

sanbagger
Veteran
Posts: 1670
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:38 pm

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:10 am

toast49 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 am
It's about guaranteed money. Any contract Donald signs won't effect his pay for this year, but, it is guaranteed money. So if he gets hurt this year the Rams still have to pay him that money. If he doesn't sign a new contract and gets hurt this year then the Rams only owe him the balance of his current contract.
If he signs an extension that comes with a signing bonus he can get that money as soon as he signs and the cap hit can be deferred over the length of the contract....so....you are correct his yearly salary won't increase this year but you are wrong that he wouldn't receive any money.



Clovis
Veteran
Posts: 1548
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:59 am

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:44 am

Ants wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 am
clevelandrams wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:44 am
the real reason is the league is waiting for the right date to bring the drama. No other reason.
:roll: coo-coo, coo-coo, coo-coo. :oops:
Sheesh
That's not so far fetched. I heard area 51 has special meeting rooms for this. It's probably where all that dam collusion is hiding.



Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:13 am

Both sides say the contract part is all just business. So, it is what it is. Donald needs to accept a contract at discounted value because he is still under contract, has tag years ahead of him and is not a free agent.

My advice to him..... - listen to me and not your agent......Put this B.S. behind you.. Be reasonable, sign a 5 or 6 year deal that makes you super rich and go back to playing football. It's easy -- Do what JJ Watt did. Concentrate on football, enjoy life, don't worry about what Mack or anyone else gets paid. Just make sure that you are in the ball park of highly paid defensive players. That's called being reasonable. The highest paid ever talk is just ego and you'll never be happy if that is how you think. You just won't.



brasilrams
Starter
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:45 pm

Rammer wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:13 am
Both sides say the contract part is all just business. So, it is what it is. Donald needs to accept a contract at discounted value because he is still under contract, has tag years ahead of him and is not a free agent.

My advice to him..... - listen to me and not your agent......Put this B.S. behind you.. Be reasonable, sign a 5 or 6 year deal that makes you super rich and go back to playing football. It's easy -- Do what JJ Watt did. Concentrate on football, enjoy life, don't worry about what Mack or anyone else gets paid. Just make sure that you are in the ball park of highly paid defensive players. That's called being reasonable. The highest paid ever talk is just ego and you'll never be happy if that is how you think. You just won't.
Perfectly put. Donald should read this.



Post Reply