Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
RamBill
Hall of Famer

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Sean McVay confident Todd Gurley will be 'focal point' of Rams offense

Rich Eisen Show@RichEisenShow

Sean McVay--

"(Todd Gurley) was obviously banged up at the end of the year... The New Orleans game was just how the game played out... In the Super Bowl, he made a couple big time runs... Our offense didn't produce. That's where I have to do a better job." -@RamsNFL HC Sean McVay

"You can expect Todd to be a focal point of our offense going forward... He's in a good place, he's feeling good and will continue to be a central piece of our offense and I don't see that changing."

Go to Full Article--
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/0 ... jury-knee/

Rams News Now!
Get the Latest Rams News, Updated 24/7 Here:
Twitter : https://twitter.com/#!/RamsNewsNow
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RamsNews/

brasilrams
Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:53 pm

He kinda said the same thing before the saints game and the SB. We all know what happened....Gurley had like 7 and 8 carries ( something like that) I hope he actually means it this time.

luckenbill56
Starter

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:23 pm

Why don't we see what happens next before we pass judgement. Sheesh, Faulk had the same issues and did pretty well.

Clovis
Veteran

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:38 pm

luckenbill56 wrote:
Why don't we see what happens next before we pass judgement. Sheesh, Faulk had the same issues and did pretty well.
Are you talking about a common sense approach? There's no hysteria and drama in that.

rong
Veteran

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:54 am

Clovis wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:38 pm
luckenbill56 wrote:
Are you talking about a common sense approach? There's no hysteria and drama in that.
lol....agreed...Marshall had a clean up procedure just about every year...Gurley's knee flared up on him like a pack of hemorrhoids, you'd think they're ready to put him down.

Clovis
Veteran

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:30 am

I often struggle to understanding how fans who are more than 6 years old get mad when the coach's public comments are misleading. I just don't get how people choose over and over to be that dumb.

Rammer
Veteran

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:14 am

Clovis wrote:
I often struggle to understanding how fans who are more than 6 years old get mad when the coach's public comments are misleading. I just don't get how people choose over and over to be that dumb.
Personally, I'm disappointed not mad. We aren't dumb. Clearly, there is an issue of some kind. So, where does it get him to keep misleading the fan base? What is he accomplishing now other than having a lingering cloud hanging over the team? Does he think that he is 'tricking" the other coaches? So even if that worked a little for a short time, As an opposing player - I prepare for Gurley and then the game starts and I get out on the field and I see that he is not out there - that would make me feel pretty good. Like I prepared for the worst and now it doesn't look quite so bad.

Clovis
Veteran

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:28 am

Rammer wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:14 am
Clovis wrote:
Clearly, there is an issue of some kind. So, where does it get him to keep misleading the fan base?
32 NFL teams deal with this situation every day of every year. I can see the fun in predicting and projecting the outcome but to get angry at the coach for being a coach makes no sense to me.

I remember Jeff Fisher trading Sam Bradford the day after claiming (from the podium) that Bradford would not be traded. I wasn't shocked with the trade but I was a little surprised at how gullible fans were in an uproar over being lied to.

I also remember Spags being "proud of our guys" for "not giving up" when it was clear that the team quit at halftime.

Perhaps I'm more cynical than the average fan but I do not believe anything said into a microphone. I just wait and see.

Rate this topic