Deep Passing Game Must Improve

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Safety Blitz
Veteran

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:12 am

Even with the astounding success our offense has achieved under Master McVay, there's seems to be room for improvement in the long passing game. Seems like Goff didn't attack one on one coverage deep very often. Not sure how many times we beat a defender over the top for a TD but I thought we'd do it more frequently.

I'd also like to see play action bombs on very short down and distance situations.

Off-season blues topic. :lol:

"In McVay We Trust!"

rong
Veteran

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:43 am

yep...I did too...we did when Sammy Watkins was there, but not with Cooks or Woods for some reason...a little, but not what I expected

Claremontram
Veteran

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:24 pm

He needs protection; can't be running for his life and looking downfield too.

Hence, why I want a Center in the first round. Need to keep building this O line of ours.

HellRam
Veteran

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:57 pm

Your previous post on the 11 personell hit the nail on the head more then this one imo.

I actually think the Rams need more work on short and intermediate game. The deep ball along with play action was the Rams bread and butter before Patricia layed the blue print down with his deep zones and coverages. Even in the Superbowl McVay was trying to force the deep pass when it wasn't there. The best counter to how defenefes adjusted to the Rams was the playoff game vs the Cowboys, they had Higs making plays in the flats along with a fair amount of 12 personell groupings.

Either way opposing teams have caught up what McVay is running. We should expect some changes.

DOOM357
Veteran

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:47 pm

Their screen game sucked last year too!

Rate this topic