I think Simms may be reading my posts.

Raminec
Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:48 am

Nobody reads your posts! You’re an idiot. :D

rong
Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 am

lol...panic is all around us...let's just see how this season goes before we jump off the bridge

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 am

I laugh at these talking heads,,,,

First off,,, how do we know if Goff won't take a friendly reasonable deal to keep a good team together? I'm sure when the time comes the RAMs will make him a good offer....

I feel Goff is a smart kid,,, and I'm sure he knows to keep a good team together,,, he can't go for top bank money... at least not just yet....

As for Russell Wilson,,,, I can see why he went for the bank this time,,,, cause it's his third contract signing, where at the time signing his second contract,,,, he gave them a discount so they could put another winning team together...

And this will only be Goff's second contract...

As far as what Simms said about Goff not being in the top ten for QB's...
Looks like Simms is going by name recognition only... :lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as stats,,,, for the pass two seasons,, Goff as been in the top 10 in each... 2017 at 10,,,, 2018 at 4... and for Football Outsiders,, he was ranked 6th for both 2017 and 2018....

HellRam
Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:33 am

Simms has made a career of being wrong. This alone gives me a boost of confidence for Goff. That said, everyone is entitled to a opinion.

My question is....if you're not paying Goff. Who are you going to pay? The Rams are obviously not goinng to draft a QB in the early rounds. And they shouldn't. This McVay hype is getting over the top. Not that he doesn't deseve it. But c'mon...this idea he can plug and play any QB is nonsense.

Also, this idea that McVay has the perfect system for Goff is not 100% true. Goff in college came from the air-raid offense where he was always in shotgun. McVay's offense is very pro oriented. Goff lined up under center more then most QBs in the NFL. I'd actually like to see the Rams add more hurry up and shotgun. That said considering the success the Rams have made, I am being a tad picky here.

MysticRam
Bench Warmer

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:47 am

After the Super Bowl, Chris Simms predictions don't give me any confidence. The Rams know what they have now. A mid level QB who struggles to think on his feet. Rams needed 14 points to be league champions and Goff gave 'em 3. You don't break the bank for three points in the Super Bowl. Sean Mannion could have put up three points in the Super Bowl....He just signed for 875k.

HellRam
Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:08 pm

MysticRam wrote:
After the Super Bowl, Chris Simms predictions don't give me any confidence. The Rams know what they have now. A mid level QB who struggles to think on his feet. Rams needed 14 points to be league champions and Goff gave 'em 3. You don't break the bank for three points in the Super Bowl. Sean Mannion could have put up three points in the Super Bowl....He just signed for 875k.
How do you explain Bradys performance? Do the Patriots need a new QB too?

The Superbowl sucked all around. I'm not blaming just Goff. The Rams scored 3 points not Goff. Even the Patriots players admitted how bad McVays game plan was. Not that it matters to agenda driven individuals.

I'll say this tho. If the Rams can get a better QB, I'm all for it. That said there's this little problem called reality. And QBs don't just come flying out of people's ass. Unfourtnalty.

RGtheFirst
Starter

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:09 pm

We need Goff...

majik
Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:50 pm

I seem to remember a Rams coach of yesteryear who was this QB guru that national guys said could turn any QB into an All-Pro. Well he had an MVP QB go down with an injury that lingered and decidied to dump him since he of course could turn anyone into an All-Pro QB with his offensive design. I do not want to see this franchise make the same mistake twice.

Good starting QB get paid close to 30M. Mediocre ones $20-25M. Suck it up and face reality. All you have to do to afford that is to not over pay some mediocre players big money (Johnson, Joyner, Barron) like we have in the recent past.

For every Mahomes or Rodgers you can get later in the first round, there are plenty of Daltons, Tannehills, and Bridgewaters that teams think is the next coming as they go into 7-9 bullshit mode for the next half decade.

Ants
Pro-bowler

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:53 pm

On that same PFT program (but perhaps not that episode), Florio surmises that the Rams will at some point acquire Kirk Cousins. :shock:

The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

malibu
Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Damn you would think the sky is falling. Goff Imo is a top 5'QB and will only get better he has only have 2 solid years his rookie season was a waste.

CierraRam
Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:19 pm

HellRam wrote:
MysticRam wrote:

The Superbowl sucked all around. I'm not blaming just Goff. The Rams scored 3 points not Goff. Even the Patriots players admitted how bad McVays game plan was. Not that it matters to agenda driven individuals.

I'll say this tho. If the Rams can get a better QB, I'm all for it. That said there's this little problem called reality. And QBs don't just come flying out of people's ass. Unfourtnalty.
The Super Bowl didnt suck...... It was a well designed and executed defensive strategies against each other, plain and simple. Our guy didnt make a play he should have. Theirs did. Our guy didnt get a defensive PI call that should have been called. Two points the Rams could have tied or taken the lead. If it wasnt the pass rush, NE had a hat on our guy's 80% of the time to where no one was open. Because of the constant pressure, Goff missed a few open reads. That's what happens when you're under duress the whole game. Hopefully with Sullivan gone the Rams OL gets stronger and more athletic. The interior OL at center and at times Blythe got mauled in every loss last season.

Jared Goff needs to improve under pressure, but I think the Saints game showed that he is in fact doing just that.. The playoff experience does nothing but help him. Franchise money? Who knows... But I do know that where the Rams will be picking.... good luck finding a replacement for Goff. And rookie QB's are the biggest draft enigma's ever... whether they be taken 1 overall or 93rd. Sorry, you dont let competence go at that position. You just dont unless you are stupid. If Goff were up after this past season... 25 million sounds about right for him. We'll see about more after this coming season.

Clovis
Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:35 pm

CierraRam wrote:

The Super Bowl didnt suck...... It was a well designed and executed defensive strategies against each other, plain and simple. Our guy didnt make a play he should have. Theirs did. Our guy didnt get a defensive PI call that should have been called. Two points the Rams could have tied or taken the lead. If it wasnt the pass rush, NE had a hat on our guy's 80% of the time to where no one was open. Because of the constant pressure, Goff missed a few open reads. That's what happens when you're under duress the whole game.

HellRam
Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:11 pm

CierraRam wrote:
HellRam wrote:
MysticRam wrote:

The Super Bowl didnt suck...... It was a well designed and executed defensive strategies against each other, plain and simple. Our guy didnt make a play he should have. Theirs did. Our guy didnt get a defensive PI call that should have been called. Two points the Rams could have tied or taken the lead. If it wasnt the pass rush, NE had a hat on our guy's 80% of the time to where no one was open. Because of the constant pressure, Goff missed a few open reads. That's what happens when you're under duress the whole game. Hopefully with Sullivan gone the Rams OL gets stronger and more athletic. The interior OL at center and at times Blythe got mauled in every loss last season.

Jared Goff needs to improve under pressure, but I think the Saints game showed that he is in fact doing just that.. The playoff experience does nothing but help him. Franchise money? Who knows... But I do know that where the Rams will be picking.... good luck finding a replacement for Goff. And rookie QB's are the biggest draft enigma's ever... whether they be taken 1 overall or 93rd. Sorry, you dont let competence go at that position. You just dont unless you are stupid. If Goff were up after this past season... 25 million sounds about right for him. We'll see about more after this coming season.
The Rams scored 3 points that game. I'm sorry to me that plain sucks. The oline also had issues because of McVay's game plan that fed into what the Pats were doing. Not in the mood to get into details. Call it what you want....the Rams were out-coached and out-played. I don't see the issue in calling out what occurred.

MysticRam
Bench Warmer

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:56 pm

majik wrote:
I seem to remember a Rams coach of yesteryear who was this QB guru that national guys said could turn any QB into an All-Pro. Well he had an MVP QB go down with an injury that lingered and decidied to dump him since he of course could turn anyone into an All-Pro QB with his offensive design. I do not want to see this franchise make the same mistake twice.

Good starting QB get paid close to 30M. Mediocre ones $20-25M. Suck it up and face reality. All you have to do to afford that is to not over pay some mediocre players big money (Johnson, Joyner, Barron) like we have in the recent past.

For every Mahomes or Rodgers you can get later in the first round, there are plenty of Daltons, Tannehills, and Bridgewaters that teams think is the next coming as they go into 7-9 bullshit mode for the next half decade.
Wait are you talking about Martz? Who basically turned a back up into a Hall of Famer? Then when he got injured he had Bulger become the fastest qb to 1,000 completions and 10,000 yards passing and took the Rams to the playoffs twice. Let's use this as an example. Please.

MysticRam
Bench Warmer

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:58 pm

HellRam wrote:
MysticRam wrote:

Uh Brady had won five superbowls before that game. The Rams D played awesome, and he still lead the game winning drive. Unlike our guy who missed a wide open receiver in the end zone on a pass any college qb could have completed.

HellRam
Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:29 pm

MysticRam wrote:
HellRam wrote:
MysticRam wrote:

Uh Brady had won five superbowls before that game. The Rams D played awesome, and he still lead the game winning drive. Unlike our guy who missed a wide open receiver in the end zone on a pass any college qb could have completed.
Regardless Brady did not play well. We're already aware the Rams put up a dud.

The fact remains the Rams odds of finding a better QB then Goff just falling in their lap is very unlikely. Doesn't hurt Goff has youth and talent working for him as well. As long as he continues to improve the Rams ars fine. The great ones don't really become great till they usually play 5 plus season's, outisde very few exceptions.

ElAcky
Starter

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:42 am

Top 10 yes.. top 5 no

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:06 am

HellRam wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:29 pm
MysticRam wrote:
HellRam wrote:

Regardless Brady did not play well. We're already aware the Rams put up a dud.

The fact remains the Rams odds of finding a better QB then Goff just falling in their lap is very unlikely. Doesn't hurt Goff has youth and talent working for him as well. As long as he continues to improve the Rams ars fine. The great ones don't really become great till they usually play 5 plus season's, outisde very few exceptions.
Elway is a great example of that. The Broncos took an couple SB ass whoopins with him before he developed into the elite QB he was at the end of his career

Slickjack
Starter

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:37 am

I was at the Bears game last year and Goff was really uncomfortable in the cold weather (to it mildly). Not being able to play in cold weather really limits your options.

NorCal RF
Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:40 am

OP is a Goff hater. He will deny such as he has in the pass but fact is he is. And now we are showing Simms statements to support his position? All you need to know about OP.

Like I said a few months ago to brasil Goff isn’t going anywhere. He will end up signing an extension with the Rams that will work for all. As I told brasil Goff will last 2 minutes on the open market if the Rams give him that opportunity. Why? Because other than maybe 8-10 teams the rest would be fighting over him because of their current QB situation. Goff immediately would improve well over half the teams in the league. Doesn’t matter what we think his value is its how the league would value him. You are also talking about a Ram franchise that has struggled how long to find a close to franchise QB? Rams brass isn’t going back to trying to find their next QB, that history shows could take years, when they already have a damn good one. Maybe not elite but damn good. Too much at stake moving into the new stadium to start looking for another QB.

majik
Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:34 am

MysticRam wrote:
majik wrote:

Wait are you talking about Martz? Who basically turned a back up into a Hall of Famer? Then when he got injured he had Bulger become the fastest qb to 1,000 completions and 10,000 yards passing and took the Rams to the playoffs twice. Let's use this as an example. Please.

And how many playoff wins did Marc Bulger produce?

NorCal RF
Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:17 am

His Bulger comment is a joke but I refuse to go back and relive those years. Just his MO in here.

MysticRam
Bench Warmer

Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:20 am

majik wrote:
MysticRam wrote:
majik wrote:

He beat the Seahawks in Seattle. Bulger was a totally underrated qb. He threw one of the prettiest balls, with uncanny anticipation. He also had a faster release than Marino. He often threw the ball before guys went into their breaks, and often with Bruce, threw the ball before the first move of a double move. And he was smart, way smarter than Goff. He probably played at 200 llbs and was unfortunately on teams post the GSOT, where Martz didn't protect him. He was better than Goff and I think it would be pretty hard to find any games where he put three points up on the board.

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:12 pm

MysticRam wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:20 am
majik wrote:
MysticRam wrote:

He beat the Seahawks in Seattle. Bulger was a totally underrated qb. He threw one of the prettiest balls, with uncanny anticipation. He also had a faster release than Marino. He often threw the ball before guys went into their breaks, and often with Bruce, threw the ball before the first move of a double move. And he was smart, way smarter than Goff. He probably played at 200 llbs and was unfortunately on teams post the GSOT, where Martz didn't protect him. He was better than Goff and I think it would be pretty hard to find any games where he put three points up on the board.
Bulger had a still effective Faulk and a great O-line, Timmerman, Pace, McCallum etc.. and Holt and Bruce to work with when he 1st. got the starting nod and it showed in Bulgers early #'s.
And bad games from him are not hard to find despite your obviously, unresearched claim that he never sucked.

After signing a huge contract extension that included S27M guaranteed, at the time the richest in team history, he led them to a 3-13 record in 2007.

--On November 9, 2008 vs the Jets, Haslett replaced Bulger with Green after halftime after the Jets took a 40–0 lead in the first half, cued by four first half Rams turnovers-- Wikpedia

We gave him over 30M of his extension for 2007-2009 and he responded by leading the team to a 6-42 record.

He left after 2009.

And you claim he was a great Ram and better than Goff who already has more playoff wins, and has played in a Conference Final and SB at 24.
Bulger did neither.

Rate this topic