Peter King puts Rams in top 5 of power rankings, concerned about Marcus Peters

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
RamBill
Hall of Famer

Mon May 13, 2019 6:57 am

Peter King puts Rams in top 5 of power rankings, concerned about Marcus Peters

Here’s what King said about the Rams, putting them No. 4 in his power rankings.

The Rams will be good; we know that. But good enough to stave off the Niners and Seahawks in the West? Good enough to play deep into January? You might wonder about Todd Gurley’s future, because of the weird usage pattern in 2018 (first 12 games: 19.4 carries per game; last five games: 10.6 carries) that hinted at a bum knee. I’m not that concerned about Gurley, or the running game, because Sean McVay will figure it out. I’m more concerned with what the heck happened to Marcus Peters last year, and whether in a pass-happy NFC West the Peters-Aqib Talib combo platter can be the top cornerback group in the division like the Rams planned. Peters, per Pro Football Focus, was the league’s 11th-rated corner in 2016 and 18th-rated corner in 2017 … and in 2018, his first year in L.A., he plummeted to 91st, allowing a garish 118.9 rating in balls that targeted him. Peters did play better after recovering from an early-season calf injury, so there’s hope that, if healthy, he can get back to 2017 form. He’ll need to for the Rams to be as good as fourth in the league.

Go to Full Article--
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/0 ... eter-king/
Last edited by RamBill on Mon May 13, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rams News Now!
Get the Latest Rams News, Updated 24/7 Here:
Twitter : https://twitter.com/#!/RamsNewsNow
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RamsNews/

RAMFAN71
Starter

Mon May 13, 2019 10:31 am

Yup- preachin to this choir at least. Peters has to go. Hoping the kid from Michigan can win the job. It should be be pretty easy if Peters plays like last year.

"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

unclesams
Starter

Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 pm

Lost a bit of credibility with Peter King when he ranked the 49ers 7th!!!....I dought if they even win 6 games....Seahawks 13th behind the 49ers??? Peter King, the coach needs to see you and bring your play book!!

Cornell29
Veteran

Thu May 16, 2019 12:28 pm

Nah not worried about Peters. Once Talib and his leadership returned to the secondary, Peters was fine. Peters wasnt a issue in the playoffs or SB. Peters would be one of the last people I would blame for the SB loss, thats for sure.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Thu May 16, 2019 3:33 pm

The sample size of Peters sucking in the NFL includes a stretch where he was hurt and adjusting to a new team. Weeks 10-17 his grade spiked up and he was EXCELLENT in the playoffs.

I am not worried about him even a little bit.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

armyram
Veteran

Tue May 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Cornell29 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:28 pm
Nah not worried about Peters. Once Talib and his leadership returned to the secondary, Peters was fine. Peters wasnt a issue in the playoffs or SB. Peters would be one of the last people I would blame for the SB loss, thats for sure.
So what happens if Talib goes down again which is possible. Players gotta hold their own! Same thing ...Blaming Goff’s performance because Kupp went down is a bunch a crap. Don’t get me wrong, Kupp was a dynamic part of offense but Goff being a first overall pick, you better adapt to injuries of your teammates. Back to Peters, he played like crap and if he’s going to be dependent on Talib then we better think twice before paying him big money. Once again, I’m not saying teammates don’t feel comfortable with certain people on the field but you have to be great regardless!

Raminec
Veteran

Wed May 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:33 pm
The sample size of Peters sucking in the NFL includes a stretch where he was hurt and adjusting to a new team. Weeks 10-17 his grade spiked up and he was EXCELLENT in the playoffs.

I am not worried about him even a little bit.
I agree. Peters played through a calf injury that limited his mobility early along with some undisciplined play and some serious communication issues in the secondary. Peters played through the injury and never used it as an excuse and adapted to Wade Phillips defense. It was as if both the player and the coach didn’t know the best way to utilize their talent. They came together eventually and that progression along with the return of Talib’s return helped the defense that gelled down the stretch. For all the talk of how bad Peters played the Rams opened the season 8-0 and the defense was the reason they finished the season strong despite the issues that developed on offense. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Marcus Peters return to a Pro Bowl caliber corner this season which would cost the Rams some money next year but at the same time solidly the corner position for the foreseeable future. I think Peters will quiet a lot of criticism with his play.

Rate this topic