Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
zackn
Veteran

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:10 am

Latest post of the previous page:

HellRam wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:48 pm
Again...I'm not talking about personnel and scheme being the same things. Where am I inserting that notion? I'm solely talking about McVay and his scheme. At this point we're just repeating ourselves. So I'll retire my point here.

Oh and Belichick adjusts his schemes as much as any coach in the league. I don't understand how anyone could say other. I'll even post a link. Now I'm one who takes what the media says lightly. That said this is pretty much universally agreed upon.
Why did the Rams D defend them so well, considering? The Rams defenders said it was at least partly because the Patz did not run anything new at them. They said they saw nothing they weren't prepared for.

Did McVay adjust quickly enough to what the Patz D did to them? No. But I don't think that's the scheme per se---I think that's McVay on his feet as a playcaller. In other words, execution. Do I think McVay will learn from that? Yes.

Another issue was Goff, young as he is, not adapting quickly enough to unexpected post-snap looks. They took that issue seriously enough to work on it this off-season and make it a priority. I personally think that will include working in more sight adjustments so that WRs change up based on post-snap reads. If all that works, it won't be as easy for a smart defense to stymie the Rams.

Another issue was pressuring the OL. I am going to assume that a combination of Allen and Blythe is less vulnerable when it comes to that then the Sullivan/Blythe combo was.

I think we actually agree on, and overlap on, a lot of this. And I appreciate the fact that while we were basically at loggerheads, it didn't become disrespectful or personal.We may have misread one another a bit here and there but that's just part of being on the internet. No big.

So I am going to just rest for now on the places where we agree. This all may come again later when everyone knows more.

Fair enough?

Last edited by zackn on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

clevelandrams
Veteran

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:37 am

McVay however is an offensive genius
because thats what media told you.
some offensive genius, eh... 3 points.
vs an old coach and QB that cant come up with any more new ideas after 20 years..but people keep falling for the same crap.

RamPower
Veteran

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:10 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
vs an old coach and QB that cant come up with any more new ideas after 20 years..but people keep falling for the same crap.
From what I see here, I'll guess most on this forum interpret what they see on the field with their own eyes (including me) and not thru the media. Sad that you can't perceive that occurrence as well…

Regardless, moving forward, you're speculating that the Rams will be the lowest scoring team in the League this year? (based on your one-game point of view). Getting to a Super Bowl means nothing? You sound like the media slave. It's just that your media sources are extremist whack-job publications - but make no mistake, you keep falling for the same crap.

Ants
Pro-bowler

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:54 am

zackn wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:00 pm

And so no I don't believe teams caught up with McVay's offense. I think teams that had defensive coordinators capable of taking advantage of weaknesses on the OL AND throwing coverages at Goff he wasn't used to handling brought the Rams offense back down to earth ...

That's a good point.

The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

Ants
Pro-bowler

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:57 am

clevelandrams wrote:

McVay is a genius. It's just that the League told the Rams to suck on offense...you know, "the script".
:roll:

:P

The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

Rate this topic