NFL Channel's James Jones Predicts Rams Go 8 and 8 In 2019

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Wildflecken
Veteran

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:22 am

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/vid ... jl8am37rvd

I will admit when I seen the schedule immediately after its release for 2019 I did have some concerns. The league did not do the Rams any favors in 2019 that is for certain. There is a reason the Rams Management and Les Snead had the discussions they did with the league about the disadvantages West Coast based teams face when the team moved from Saint Louis. The amount of travel and the start time for games on the east coast, well it is a huge factor. Additionally the Rams once again play overseas.

The Rams did benefit from a very favorable schedule in 2018, especially early in the season. Did the Rams even need to travel in the first quarter of the 2018 season?

Is the unfavorable schedule in 2019 merely the result of having to play a first place schedule, or is this the leagues answer to the other teams on the Rams schedule in 2020 as I expect the league to have an extreme interest in showcasing the new palace currently under construction which should result in a much more travel friendly schedule in 2020.

But 8 and 8 for a team viewed as having one of the better rosters in the entire league? A lot will have to go wrong for that scenario IMO.

The Patriots IMO are not the only organization who are capable of assembling a dynasty. Jared Goff has shown from the business side of this game he understands what is required for a pocket passer to be successful just every bit as Tom Brady does. I expect Goff to take a similar approach in contract talks and not demanding a cap figure that would prohibit the organization from putting superior talent around him, especially along the offensive line who he will need to protect him.

The 2019 Rams may or may not return to the Super Bowl but at the very least I expect them to challenge for the NFC West crown

GO RAMS!

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:42 am

If you haven't notice prior to his prediction,

JJ has always been a hater of the RAMs and going against us,

He's just jealous about our team....

Plus he has a hatred for the former RAM players,,,

Especially Warner, cause Warner beat their asses in the playoffs during AZ vs GB game in 09....

Another ex player and no longer on NFL Network that doesn't like the RAMs is Heath Evans....

When it comes to ex NFL players,,,, when they start making crazy prediction such as what he just made.... those are the ones that I don't listen to....

Ants
Pro-bowler

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:50 pm

A lot of these shows are scripted so that there are a variety of "opinions" in an attempt to make the program more interesting.
Even the Talented Mr. Roto tells of a time back towards the beginning of his career when he was on a show with a former player. The ex-player gave his bit about why some player will be good that year. Then Berry started to agree with him when the producer yelled "cut!" - you can't have the same opinion.
Without missing a beat, the ex-player did another bit about why that same certain player won't do well that year.
It's for the show.

Having said all that, you have to figure that the Rams will sweep their division - so that's 6 wins right off the bat. I'm pretty sure the guys will win more than 2 other games. 8-)

The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

Clovis
Veteran

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Ants wrote:
A lot of these shows are scripted so that there are a variety of "opinions" in an attempt to make the program more interesting.
Ha! There's an idea. Let's make shit up so people will watch. Just like CNN

Raminec
Veteran

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Clovis wrote:
Ants wrote:
Ha! There's an idea. Let's make shit up so people will watch. Just like Fox News
I agree that’s some bullshit right there

harley01
Starter

Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Heath Evans....Mr Sexual harassment. Glad that guy no longer has a gig.....he was annoying as hell.

Ram Stien
Veteran

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:17 pm

I quit watching those clowns on NFL network years ago. I find it hard to believe that people still watch that crap.

Commish
Veteran

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Raminec wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:41 pm
Clovis wrote:
Ants wrote:
Ha! There's an idea. Let's make shit up so people will watch. Just like Fox News
I agree that’s some bullshit right there
Well, Fox Network "News" does have a small 'hard news' division, which is sneered at by their 'perspective' division, and it does largely stick to objective facts, which of course the network's 'viewpoint journalists' don't bother with.

CNN clearly has somewhat of a progressive leaning, yet it does regularly interview people with anti-progressive opinions and often features one-on-one "debates" between progressives and anti-progressives.

I could envision our team finishing at 11-5 or 10-6 for the upcoming season, however--barring key crippling injuries--not any worse than that... :) 8-) :geek:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Rate this topic