Don’t make the mistake.

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Of thinking this team is close on offense.
The line is a mess... the run game is a disaster... and teams are dialed in on the Rams scheme.

I’m shocked the offense was this bad coming out of the bye.

Shocked.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

SoCalRam78
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:56 pm

They scored 3 points on offense today.

Fan since 80s

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:43 pm

I'm not trying to make excuses,,,,,,

But there were three play calls that didn't go our way and the Refs blew it.... IMO

Goff's fumble was not a fumble, his arm was going forward, as he was hit in the arm as the ball was coming out...
The defense scored on the fumble... that should of been called back,,,

Then When Steelers had the ball, and their QB was throwing the ball, he pulled it back to stop and lost it,,
That was a fumble... and Matthews could of had it... but he kind of stop cause of the whistle being blown...

I was going crazy,,, that wasn't call a fumble but Goff's passing attempt was called a fumble,,,, I can't believe it..

Then at the end of the game, second to the last series....
That pass to Reynolds in the End Zone was a pass interference...

I was going crazy in my mind, where was the flag?

Ok now about what the RAMs did wrong,,,,
The O-line looked terrible....

Posters on this board where trying to blame Goff,,,,
How can you blame him, when he had no time to throw,,,,
Goff was sacked 4 times and got 9 QB hits...
that's is pathetic.

McVay should of run more of Gurley, and should of used more two TE's sets....

Steelers game plan was to double Kupp all game long...
They made an effort to stop the passing game,
and not worried about the run...

That's why Gurley had big yard gains when he got the ball...

Gurley was running good when he got the ball...
So they should of kept using Gurley... and Brown...

McVay didn't call a good game plan in the first half....
Then we got behind, and just went into the passing attack,

The only good thing that came from this game,,,
The RAMs defense played well enough to win this game...
They only gave up 273 yards total and 10 points...
I haven't seen the games notebook yet..
But they were on the field a long time,,,

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:59 pm

Goff’s floater Int was all on him.

Gurley is done.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

unclesams
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:07 pm

I have to agree with you on the Reynolds non pass interference. Defender was NOT looking back and he did interfere with Reynolds ability to catch the ball. They call that penalty in the endzone and we win that game

FearlessTom1973
Starter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:17 pm

Dick84 wrote:
The line is a mess... the run game is a disaster... and teams are dialed in on the Rams scheme.

Shocked.
You can start right there. EVERY offensive issue we have starts with the fact that we are not capable of controlling the line of scrimmage from week to week.
After that, you can toss in the Gurley situation -- I have no idea how to read what is going on with him, but when you see him laughing and riding a bike while the Rams are battling for their season, it just seems weird.
If opponents are "dialed in" to the Ram scheme, it's because the Rams are limited by their line play and Gurley's unreliability. Teams no longer have to worry about Gurley and are capable of blowing up the Rams at the point of attack. The Rams have not been able to run a stretch play all year, and they do not even bother with jet sweeps anymore.

brasilrams
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Dick84 wrote:

Gurley is done.
2 weeks ago you were defending him when me ( and tons of others) were saying he is done.

brasilrams
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 pm

FearlessTom1973 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

Shocked.
You can start right there. EVERY offensive issue we have starts with the fact that we are not capable of controlling the line of scrimmage from week to week.
After that, you can toss in the Gurley situation -- I have no idea how to read what is going on with him, but when you see him laughing and riding a bike while the Rams are battling for their season, it just seems weird.
If opponents are "dialed in" to the Ram scheme, it's because the Rams are limited by their line play and Gurley's unreliability. Teams no longer have to worry about Gurley and are capable of blowing up the Rams at the point of attack. The Rams have not been able to run a stretch play all year, and they do not even bother with jet sweeps anymore.
That image of him laughing riding the bike when this offense couldn't get a first down to save their lives was pathetic. Just shows the guy doesn't give a fuck about losing anymore

FearlessTom1973
Starter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:00 pm

brasilrams wrote:
FearlessTom1973 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

Shocked.
That image of him laughing riding the bike when this offense couldn't get a first down to save their lives was pathetic. Just shows the guy doesn't give a fuck about losing anymore
I thought the same thing. Here's the thing, though. I was furious when I saw that, but I also thought he needed to be on the field after the safety. The next two offensive possessions in a 14-12 game featured Brown when Gurley seemed to be on a roll and we went nowhere.
Then Pittsburgh had the 7-plus minute possession that ended with the FG, and we had just two minutes on that final possession so Gurley was rendered irrelevant.
For one of the few times this year, Gurley seemed to be rolling, and I thought it was time to dump the load management approach. If Gurley is not capable of playing down the stretch of a must-win game when he is clearly making a difference on the field, then we need to move on from him.

brasilrams
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:02 pm

FearlessTom1973 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:00 pm
brasilrams wrote:
FearlessTom1973 wrote:
I thought the same thing. Here's the thing, though. I was furious when I saw that, but I also thought he needed to be on the field after the safety. The next two offensive possessions in a 14-12 game featured Brown when Gurley seemed to be on a roll and we went nowhere.
Then Pittsburgh had the 7-plus minute possession that ended with the FG, and we had just two minutes on that final possession so Gurley was rendered irrelevant.
For one of the few times this year, Gurley seemed to be rolling, and I thought it was time to dump the load management approach. If Gurley is not capable of playing down the stretch of a must-win game when he is clearly making a difference on the field, then we need to move on from him.
exactly

SoCalRam78
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Gurley got paid. He doesn’t care. He’s always been a pouter.

Fan since 80s

PonyExpress29
Rookie

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:27 pm

That burns me up when I see players laughing on the sideline while your teammates are out there fighting there a$$ off trying not win a game. Todd Gurley is not a factor and teams will continue to play us as a one dimensional team

clevelandrams
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:06 pm

Rams have 4 losses.
But 2 of them are vs Bucs and Steelers ,whom Niners beat. Thats like 6 losses already.

Ncromwell21
Starter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:11 pm

One other major bad call was the steelers first TD the receivers knee landed out of bounds prior to his second foot tapping down in bounds that was an incomplete pass

armyram
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:35 pm

Us Ram fans should be the last ones to bitch about bad calls from the refs, we benefitted greatly from it last season in the NFC Championship game.... am I wrong? How soon we forget! That said... Pittsburgh isn't a bad team and I have mad respect for Tomlin but coming off a bye week and playing a beat up Steelers team with a second string QB... we shouldn't even be in the position where refs can effect the game. Next week against the Bears... more of the same. A average team going to make us look like shit.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Dick84 wrote:

Gurley is done.
He averaged over 6 yards a carry today.

dick you are pissed because you are a passionate fan. Your positive comments about Gurley prior today were accurate. Clear your head my friend.

zackn
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 pm

Gurley got 73 yards on 12 carries today. That's not "done."

In terms of his limited carries, VB addresses that:
Russell Small@brewnnut
I’m so tired hearing about McVay and his decisions regarding Gurley.

Vincent Bonsignore@VinnyBonsignore
That is not what’s going on

Todd wants to be out there. He wants the rock. Sean would love to feed it to him. Often. The harsh reality of football/injury has sabotaged that.

The #Rams two biggest issues – working around pitch count plan on Todd Gurley & a revamped & now injured offensive line – reared their ugly head again.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:45 pm

zackn wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 pm
Gurley got 73 yards on 12 carries today. That's not "done."

In terms of his limited carries, VB addresses that:
Russell Small@brewnnut
I’m so tired hearing about McVay and his decisions regarding Gurley.

Vincent Bonsignore@VinnyBonsignore
That is not what’s going on

Todd wants to be out there. He wants the rock. Sean would love to feed it to him. Often. The harsh reality of football/injury has sabotaged that.

The #Rams two biggest issues – working around pitch count plan on Todd Gurley & a revamped & now injured offensive line – reared their ugly head again.
I call BS. Gurley looked fine today. Simply an excuse for McVay’s asinine play calling. The guy continues to out think as well as not think when calling plays this year. OL is bad so he becomes clueless in his play calling instead of staying with what little is working during a game. Today that was running the damn ball between the tackles. Gurley was doing that fine and Brown with his couple of carries did also. But no let’s out think it and put Goff in a pocket to pass when the OL showed the entire day they could not protect him.

zackn
Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:04 am

NorCal RF wrote:

Gurley looked fine today.
Then that would make him yet one more RB who can be productive with an arthritic knee...as long as it's managed and doesn't flare up (pain, swelling) like it did twice last year.

I said before the season that a back with an arthritic knee can be productive, and I based that on the fact that others have been. But they have to manage it.

Though of course in the end, it wears down. But in Gurley's case, that is probably a couple of years away.

brasilrams
Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:42 am

SoCalRam78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:56 pm
They scored 3 points on offense today.
kinda becoming normal .....bears ....pats....sf......

war room warrior
Starter

Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:33 am

brasilrams wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:29 pm
Dick84 wrote:

Gurley is done.
2 weeks ago you were defending him when me ( and tons of others) were saying he is done.
Give him credit, it took him a little longer to see it, but; he he sees it now.
No coach in Their right mine would keep taking out a guy like a Gurley “ the old Gurley” if nothings wrong with him. Saving him for WHAT????? New Years Party! 🎉🎊
It’s always been about we not me.... it looks more like it’s about Gurley “ & the money they paid him” not the team.
They showed Gurley’s stats at one point he was 10-71 only 2 more carries.. McVay can’t make me believe there’s nothing more wrong with Gurley than letting on... BULLSHIT! Then just like last year, Gurley’s on the sideline ridding his bike to his grandmother house. I never see Brown or Henderson on the bike????? This is ALL BULLSHIT..... I’m for one tried of it. Sit Gurley and see what we have. Let him come off the bench and spell the other backs.....

Tenacious T
Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:55 am

Ncromwell21 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:11 pm
One other major bad call was the steelers first TD the receivers knee landed out of bounds prior to his second foot tapping down in bounds that was an incomplete pass
I concur.

The Rams are a complete mess right now, but that doesn't excuse NFL officiating from being laughable. So many examples in yesterday's game of just how poorly & inconsistent NFL officiating is.

I'm almost to the point where I wish they would just do away with replay all together. It's certainly not helping them better officiate the games.

Go Rams!

RAMFAN71
Starter

Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:55 am

Game not televised out east. I saw the highlights. OL got pushed around big time. Blythe looked lost. Whit, Hav. Penalties hurt them on OL. Just a mess there. But man that Steelers D looked great. The coverage was amazing IMO. So is that on our stupid play calling? Kupp 0 catches? It seems too easy to defend the Rams if you are smart. Pitt was dialed in. I don't know who to blame here. TO were the key, and Goff was horrible in every category. I just don't know. My gut says the Oline, but it all looked sloppy on offense. Game like that, you have to run up the middle. I have no idea why we suck besides the line. 3 VERY good RB's. No run game, or RB pass game. TGII is not catching anything. WTF. We are a 500 club this year. 2 good years is all we get? Looked like Fisher out there yest.

"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:16 am

zackn wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Then that would make him yet one more RB who can be productive with an arthritic knee...as long as it's managed and doesn't flare up (pain, swelling) like it did twice last year.

I said before the season that a back with an arthritic knee can be productive, and I based that on the fact that others have been. But they have to manage it.

Though of course in the end, it wears down. But in Gurley's case, that is probably a couple of years away.
He had 12 touches going into the 4th quarter. 12! Did you see any indication in those 12 touches that he needed to be “managed”. In fact he was on the damn field when we had 1st and 10 from their 30 with 1:54 remaining. So his knee appeared fine don’t you think or why would he have been out there? He got his ass hit on that series when pass protecting.

No McVay had a damn brain freeze AGAIN during the most critical time of the game. That is what took place. And then you have Vinny, who is a damn stoool pigeon for the organization, making excuses for MCVay. McVay would be having his ass handed to him right now by local media if he was in Philly, New York, Chicago, etc..........

zackn
Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:22 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:16 am
zackn wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

He had 12 touches going into the 4th quarter. 12! Did you see any indication in those 12 touches that he needed to be “managed”. In fact he was on the damn field when we had 1st and 10 from their 30 with 1:54 remaining. So his knee appeared fine don’t you think or why would he have been out there? He got his ass hit on that series when pass protecting.

No McVay had a damn brain freeze AGAIN during the most critical time of the game. That is what took place. And then you have Vinny, who is a damn stoool pigeon for the organization, making excuses for MCVay. McVay would be having his ass handed to him right now by local media if he was in Philly, New York, Chicago, etc..........
Yeah I saw the game.

And you are not accounting for the fact that he's on load management with an arthritic knee. Because the alternative is to overuse him which means risking him not playing at all.

Meanwhile teams all over the league use RB rotations. It's not like this crazy newfangled approach.

I know it's therapeutic to vent against the coach after a loss but, facts are facts. You manage a player with an arthritic knee or basically you end up paying him to sit out with a swollen knee he can't run on....and RB rotations are used all the time by good teams.

Rate this topic