1st and 10 on Pittsburgh’s 30.......

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:28 pm

First of all D was damn good today. Gave up 10 but scored 9. Not sure what more we could of asked from them.

Gurley solid.

That being said OL pass protection pathetic. What a mess!

Goff horrible game. Yes his number #1 supporter said it.

But no one was as bad as McVay. Your OL cannot protect Goff in the pocket but you don’t roll him out once the entire game. Especially on the last drive. And on the second to last drive you have the ball 1st and ten on the Steelers 30 after the Reynolds completion with 1:54 on the clock and Gurley does not run the ball once. The one thing your OL has done decent all day and that is run blocking straight ahead and you abandoned your best player today on offense! With all 3 of your bleeping time outs remaining! My god Sean pull your damn head out!

HellRam
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:32 pm

I agree Goff was bad as well. His ball placement was poor and he just didn't make enough plays.

brasilrams
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Hard for me to say what was worse. O line, goff or mcvay. We are pretty much fucked.

FearlessTom1973
Starter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:23 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
First of all D was damn good today. Gave up 10 but scored 9. Not sure what more we could of asked from them.

Gurley solid.

But no one was as bad as McVay. Your OL cannot protect Goff in the pocket but you don’t roll him out once the entire game. Especially on the last drive. And on the second to last drive you have the ball 1st and ten on the Steelers 30 after the Reynolds completion with 1:54 on the clock and Gurley does not run the ball once. The one thing your OL has done decent all day and that is run blocking straight ahead and you abandoned your best player today on offense! With all 3 of your bleeping time outs remaining! My god Sean pull your damn head out!
Agree about Gurley. I thought the same thing. As for Goff, sorry but that DIvision III OL made running an offense almost impossible. He missed some throws -- the interception was not a good decision -- but that OL was inept tonight.

I mentioned it elsewhere, but this was one of the few times this season when Gurley has looked like Gurley. I thought McVay should have had him on the field the entire 4th quarter. Forget the load management crap. This was a must-win situation. The two possessions after the safety, Brown was not effective and then Pittsburgh used up over 7 minutes on that FG drive. IMO, the game was lost on those two possessions when we had the momentum and field position.

If Gurley cannot physically be relied upon at crunch time -- he is on the bike laughing while the Rams are battling for their season -- then it's time to move on from him.
Last edited by FearlessTom1973 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malibu
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:26 pm

Goff wasn't bad you would be bad if you were behind the worst oline in the NFL. Not to mention McVay did nothing to help him with adjustments

harkin
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:45 pm

Gurley had nice numbers per carry but he and Goff were out of sync and when Rams needed him half the time he was AWOL.

That’s less than ‘solid’.

majik
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:59 pm

With three timeouts and a 30 yard field, no way you don't run. It was one of the few things actually working on offense, as the OL couldn't stop the pass rush all game. The Steelers were selling out on the pass and McVay played right into what the defense was keying on. A disturbing trait McVay has shown recently.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:07 pm

harkin wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:45 pm
Gurley had nice numbers per carry but he and Goff were out of sync and when Rams needed him half the time he was AWOL.

That’s less than ‘solid’.
Sorry harkin but not true. AWOL? He touched the ball 12 times today and none in the 4th! That’s on McVay. He was rather damn productive when given the opportunity to be such.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:09 pm

majik wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:59 pm
With three timeouts and a 30 yard field, no way you don't run. It was one of the few things actually working on offense, as the OL couldn't stop the pass rush all game. The Steelers were selling out on the pass and McVay played right into what the defense was keying on. A disturbing trait McVay has shown recently.
Absolutely 100% bleeping correct.

Maybe those 4 yard pass routes on that drive would have been better if we were actually in 3rd and 4 because we ran the ball on first or second instead of ignoring Gurley the entire drive!

Tenacious T
Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:11 am

NorCal RF wrote:

Gurley solid.

Agreed. All of it.

Go Rams!

RAMFAN71
Starter

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:24 am

NorCal RF wrote:

Gurley solid.

I was besides myself when coach did not run the ball from this point as you said. It makes no sense. They had timeouts, time on clock, and 30 yards to paydirt. Why not get TGII out there to run a balanced attack. I don't get it. 4 shit passes and that's the game. Goff had a shit day because he turned the ball over more than once. That's the difference. The rest was the OL, great Pitt defense.

"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:48 am

RAMFAN71 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Gurley solid.

I was besides myself when coach did not run the ball from this point as you said. It makes no sense. They had timeouts, time on clock, and 30 yards to paydirt. Why not get TGII out there to run a balanced attack. I don't get it. 4 shit passes and that's the game. Goff had a shit day because he turned the ball over more than once. That's the difference. The rest was the OL, great Pitt defense.
Thing is he was out there.............. Pass protecting on pass plays that had receivers well covered and then running out of the back field on a pass route to the opposite side of the field that McVay called the play.

RAMFAN71
Starter

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:34 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:48 am
RAMFAN71 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Gurley solid.

Thing is he was out there.............. Pass protecting on pass plays that had receivers well covered and then running out of the back field on a pass route to the opposite side of the field that McVay called the play.
Yup- stupid. All agree there.

"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

Rate this topic