SoCalRam78
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Smartest guys in the room.

Fan since 80s

HellRam
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 pm

So whats the solution. Just let Goff walk and go back to the Keenums of the world?

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:39 pm

HellRam wrote:
So whats the solution. Just let Goff walk and go back to the Keenums of the world?
I know exactly.

SoCal’s constant rant on all that is wrong gets a bit old.........

HellRam
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:49 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
HellRam wrote:
I know exactly.

Everyone is entitled to a opinion.

I would just take it more seriously if those people would offer realistic solutions. Anyone can complain, it's not that hard. I just find the Goff haters particularly more humorous. The guy lead the Rams to a Superbowl in his 3rd season. I mean we could have a all time great like Dan Marino or Phillip Rivers and all of their rings. Because winning the Superbowl is every year is so easy and what not.

SoCalRam78
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 pm

I don’t give a fuck what the solutions are. He’s not a franchise QB. Teams kill themselves by overpaying for marginal talent. Case Keenum scrub bum that he is Was in the NFC title game two years ago in the right situation. Nick Foles won a super bowl. Rams not only traded up for Jared goof killing their draft capital for many years. They then doubled down and paid him a massive extension. Dude is like bottom 4 in QBR this year. Okay okay. I hear the excuses. Offensive line and running game not cutting it. That’s true. That’s an excuse. It’s not a compliment to his skill set. Lot of QBs excel with a great running back and very good offensive line.

Fan since 80s

majik
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:55 pm

I believe Goff kidnapped the Lindberg baby too.

Please. This team's problems start with the OL. No time to throw equals QB looking bad. Football 101. That same OL IS also hurting our running game as well, but I am sure that is Goff's fault too.

HellRam
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:57 pm

SoCalRam78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 pm
I don’t give a fuck what the solutions are. He’s not a franchise QB. Teams kill themselves by overpaying for marginal talent. Case Keenum scrub bum that he is Was in the NFC title game two years ago in the right situation. Nick Foles won a super bowl. Rams not only traded up for Jared goof killing their draft capital for many years. They then doubled down and paid him a massive extension. Dude is like bottom 4 in QBR this year. Okay okay. I hear the excuses. Offensive line and running game not cutting it. That’s true. That’s an excuse. It’s not a compliment to his skill set. Lot of QBs excel with a great running back and very good offensive line.
Of course he is a franchise QB. His career stats and win loss record prove that. It's a bad year. All the greats have em. Some people just over think it. McVay has gone mia, oline sucks and the Rams are just off. It's happend to every coach and player that has played the game. McVay and Goff are no different.

PonyExpress29
Rookie

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:02 pm

I understand socalramfan frustation with Jared Goff, Goff has to be able to improvise when he is in the pocket. In my opinion he doesn’t have a feel for the pass rush and he puts his trust in that bad offensive line that is going to get him pummeled. He needs to to do a better job of avoiding the rush by stepping up in the pocket and scrambling when that OLine breaks down.

armyram
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:05 pm

HellRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
HellRam wrote:
I know exactly.

I would just take it more seriously if those people would offer realistic solutions. Anyone can complain, it's not that hard. I just find the Goff haters particularly more humorous. The guy lead the Rams to a Superbowl in his 3rd season. I mean we could have a all time great like Dan Marino or Phillip Rivers and all of their rings. Because winning the Superbowl is every year is so easy and what not.
The guy “Goff” didn’t lead us to the Super Bowl . It’s obvious it was Gurley and the planning around Gurley! Ask yourself this!!! When we had the ball with 3 mins left, how many of you thought.... we got it, Goff’s going to get us the TD we need. I didn’t for a minute but I still hoped I was wrong! He has never won the game for us, the best he’s done has put the team in position for GZ to win it... that’s your QB!

harkin
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:14 pm

He’s not a dud.

But he’s also not a leader, and learning to lead at this level does not happen very often.

He’s a statue that demands max protect and a strong running game to keep defenses honest. The management and coaches should be doing everything to maximize his talents but at this point it looks like they’ve failed miserably.

Goff and the offense need to decide if they have enough pride to get past the weaknesses and refuse to lose.

So far that looks unlikely but they’re being paid to give it their best.

HellRam
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:15 pm

armyram wrote:
HellRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

I know exactly.

The guy “Goff” didn’t lead us to the Super Bowl . It’s obvious it was Gurley and the planning around Gurley! Ask yourself this!!! When we had the ball with 3 mins left, how many of you thought.... we got it, Goff’s going to get us the TD we need. I didn’t for a minute but I still hoped I was wrong! He has never won the game for us, the best he’s done has put the team in position for GZ to win it... that’s your QB!
Dude Gurley didn't even finish the season last year and harldy played in the playoffs. You forget already? If you're going to make a point...atleast be accurate with your assumption.

majik
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:16 pm

armyram wrote:
HellRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

I know exactly.

The NFC Championship game last year, were you in a coma or have your suffered a brain injury and have selective amnesia from that day?

Where was Todd Gurley in New Orleans that day? Oh yeah 4 carries for 10 yards. CJ 16 carries for 44 yards.

SoCalRam78
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:19 pm

HellRam wrote:
armyram wrote:
HellRam wrote:

Dude Gurley didn't even finish the season last year and harldy played in the playoffs. You forget already? If you're going to make a point...atleast be accurate with your assumption.
Goof did nothing in the Dallas playoff game

Fan since 80s

HellRam
Veteran

majik wrote:
armyram wrote:
HellRam wrote:

The NFC Championship game last year, were you in a coma or have your suffered a brain injury and have selective amnesia from that day?

Where was Todd Gurley in New Orleans that day? Oh yeah 4 carries for 10 yards. CJ 16 carries for 44 yards.
Kupp was missing that game as well.

I would take the haters more seriously if it wasn't so obvious they are hating on Goff just to hate. Even Goff supportes Norcal and I said he played poor today. Just no reason for extremism.

HellRam
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:20 pm

SoCalRam78 wrote:
HellRam wrote:
armyram wrote:

Goof did nothing in the Dallas playoff game
Sure he did. He won the game.

I'll call Snead and tell him SoCal misses the days of Keenum, Bradford and ect.

SoCalRam78
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Rams would be as successful with Ryan Tannahill. I’ve followed every Goff game since year 1 in college. I’m a cal fan. Went to his first game against northwestern in fact. Nothing about him a special. Nothing.

Fan since 80s

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:27 pm

majik wrote:
armyram wrote:
HellRam wrote:

Yes clearly fans can suffer from CTE also it appears.

I must of missed that “big” game Gurley had in last year’s NFC Championship game too.

armyram
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:30 pm

majik wrote:
armyram wrote:
HellRam wrote:

One freaking game you living on... no I wasn’t in a coma but you can pick one freaking game that in all honesty we shouldn’t of made it that far because of that missed call. Still, that’s the past, wtf have you done lately since the extension. Goff is a first round overall pick and it’s great that he excels when everything is perfect for him but when does he do something to say... “he won the game” instead of making excuses and living off one damn game.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:35 pm

SoCalRam78 wrote:
Rams would be as successful with Ryan Tannahill. I’ve followed every Goff game since year 1 in college. I’m a cal fan. Went to his first game against northwestern in fact. Nothing about him a special. Nothing.
So this is where you have reached the point of clueless.

You went to his first game? I went to most of his home games at Cal and saw every damn game he played at Cal. Huge Cal backer! Even with a horrible HC in Sonny Dykes, a horrible OL, and Dykes calling plays that almost got him killed multiple times the kid was elite period.

Wow so you went to his first college game as a bleeping freshman and from that determined he did not have a damn good career there! Save it! You define no credibility on the subject.

toast49
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:39 pm

Goff is not the problem. His contract may be. Goff and Ryan are so similar. Lot's of flash at the skill areas. No meat.

SoCalRam78
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:43 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
SoCalRam78 wrote:

You went to his first game? I went to most of his home games at Cal and saw every damn game he played at Cal. Huge Cal backer! Even with a horrible HC in Sonny Dykes, a horrible OL, and Dykes calling plays that almost got him killed multiple times the kid was elite period.

Wow so you went to his first college game as a bleeping freshman and from that determined he did not have a damn good career there! Save it! You define no credibility on the subject.
He never won a big college game. He was elite versus some chump teams? He got pulled once because he couldn’t hold onto the ball in the rain. He threw multiple picks in 2015 when cal was 5-0 at Utah. He also played in a pee wee offense. Please let me know how that equates to number 1 pick.

Fan since 80s

crazy-legs
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:46 pm

The problem is up front not with Goff. The running game is in the same boat The RB and QB are only as good as the guys up front and right now we are perhaps the worse OL in the NFL. No lanes for the RB's and a serious lack of protection for Goff...

Is Goff a top 5 QB. Maybe not. But that's not our issue. The D isn't our issue either. It comes down to 2 things IMO...

#1. Going into this year we failed to understand the importance of the trenches. You can high priced guys all over the place but if the O-Line can't open holes and protect the QB what the F does having those high prices guys get you? A non Super Bowl contending team that's for sure...

#2. McVay hasn't adjusted to the talent we have. He hasn't masked our weakness. The NFL knows what he wants to do but we don't have the talent to pull it off but for some reason he keeps trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Today he was so out coached. No starting RB nor QB but Pitt beat us. What's that say? He seems to only know how to run his "O" without understanding teams make adjustments and or you need to make adjustments according to your personnel. I hope he snaps out of it because he's starting to remind of Martz.....

Argh....

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

Utah Rams Fan
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:54 pm

I’ve always liked Goff, but watching all of these other qb’s today, he is just not up to par. I am watching other qb’s scramble, roll out, step up in the pocket, twist and turn, make space then hit their receiver. Goff drops back a step or two, then can’t move beyond that. I’m sorry, there is no comparison and he is to skinny.

Fan since 1969

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:57 pm

SoCalRam78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:43 pm
NorCal RF wrote:
SoCalRam78 wrote:

He never won a big college game. He was elite versus some chump teams? He got pulled once because he couldn’t hold onto the ball in the rain. He threw multiple picks in 2015 when cal was 5-0 at Utah. He also played in a pee wee offense. Please let me know how that equates to number 1 pick.
He was top 3 all 3 years at Cal in regards to PAC12 QB ratings. He also played in a football program that was second tier when it game to recruiting when compared to say Washington, Oregon, UCLA, USC. Hell you could probably even throw in Arizona and Utah. But hell let’s not acknowledge such but instead continue to just hate.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Utah Rams Fan wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:54 pm
I’ve always liked Goff, but watching all of these other qb’s today, he is just not up to par. I am watching other qb’s scramble, roll out, step up in the pocket, twist and turn, make space then hit their receiver. Goff drops back a step or two, then can’t move beyond that. I’m sorry, there is no comparison and he is to skinny.
He is running the offense given to him by McVay.......

I don’t care what what level you are talking about. Pro, college, High School or youth. Your job as a HC is to put your players in a position to where they can succeed. To recognize your players strengths as well as weeknesses. McVay has not done a good job at all this year in doing such. Do not roll Goff out behind and offensive line that cannot protect him in the pocket is poor coaching. Goff did not roll out today by choice.

Rate this topic