Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Utah Rams Fan wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:54 pm
I’ve always liked Goff, but watching all of these other qb’s today, he is just not up to par. I am watching other qb’s scramble, roll out, step up in the pocket, twist and turn, make space then hit their receiver. Goff drops back a step or two, then can’t move beyond that. I’m sorry, there is no comparison and he is to skinny.
He is running the offense given to him by McVay.......

I don’t care what what level you are talking about. Pro, college, High School or youth. Your job as a HC is to put your players in a position to where they can succeed. To recognize your players strengths as well as weeknesses. McVay has not done a good job at all this year in doing such. Do not roll Goff out behind and offensive line that cannot protect him in the pocket is poor coaching. Goff did not roll out today by choice.

SoCalRam78
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Prescott and cousins making throw after throw tonight. These guys are ridiculed by their fan bases. Meanwhile our fan base makes excuses for a QB with a QBR in the bottom 4

Fan since 80s

HellRam
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:13 pm

SoCalRam78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:10 pm
Prescott and cousins making throw after throw tonight. These guys are ridiculed by their fan bases. Meanwhile our fan base makes excuses for a QB with a QBR in the bottom 4
Prescott and Cousins have never been in a Superbowl. They also have better olines. Again it's not hard to figure out.

FearlessTom1973
Starter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:17 pm

HellRam wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:49 pm
NorCal RF wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:39 pm
HellRam wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 pm
So whats the solution. Just let Goff walk and go back to the Keenums of the world?
I know exactly.

SoCal’s constant rant on all that is wrong gets a bit old.........
Everyone is entitled to a opinion.

I would just take it more seriously if those people would offer realistic solutions. Anyone can complain, it's not that hard. I just find the Goff haters particularly more humorous. The guy lead the Rams to a Superbowl in his 3rd season. I mean we could have a all time great like Dan Marino or Phillip Rivers and all of their rings. Because winning the Superbowl is every year is so easy and what not.
On every Ram board I have ever spent any time on, there is always a passionate contingent of fans who blame everything on the starting qb. I remember all of the posters who were ready to move on from Kurt Warner when he was struggling during an 0-5 start the year after the Super Bowl loss. Bulger looked great and it was time to turn the page. Still the biggest mistake the Rams have made in my 45 years watching the Rams. Goff is a franchise qb, and I am not interested in watching him win somewhere else while we hit the reset button every two or three years.

brasilrams
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Utah Rams Fan wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:54 pm
I’ve always liked Goff, but watching all of these other qb’s today, he is just not up to par. I am watching other qb’s scramble, roll out, step up in the pocket, twist and turn, make space then hit their receiver. Goff drops back a step or two, then can’t move beyond that. I’m sorry, there is no comparison and he is to skinny.
that is my main issue with him . Also the fact that he has horrible pocket presence and when facing good defenses he is a turnover machine with 1-3 Tos and another 3-4 that ALMOST happened every time . When facing the bengals and falcons he looked pretty good thought , obviously . I would like him GONE ASAP , but hellram has a point , get rid of him and replace him with WHO ? We dont even have a first round pick for the next 100 years lol .

So , IMO , goff is and always will be an average / mediocre QB . But that is not that bad , it just means the team needs to have a SUPER ULTRA FUCKING GOOD o line and the same for a run game . But then you ask , he is eating up 140 m of the cap and was a first round pick and he needs all that ? Any QB can do well with a super strong O line and insane run game . yes , that is the problem with the rams , overpaying for him . Now there is no more money to build that insane o line that he needs . Oh and we also overpayed a running back that CAN'T get more than 10-12 touches per game because he is damaged goods . Another stupid mistake by the GM .

If they can't build a strong o line via free agency next season , next season is gonna be as shitty as this .

HellRam
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:26 pm

FearlessTom1973 wrote:
HellRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:39 pm

I know exactly.

SoCal’s constant rant on all that is wrong gets a bit old.........

I would just take it more seriously if those people would offer realistic solutions. Anyone can complain, it's not that hard. I just find the Goff haters particularly more humorous. The guy lead the Rams to a Superbowl in his 3rd season. I mean we could have a all time great like Dan Marino or Phillip Rivers and all of their rings. Because winning the Superbowl is every year is so easy and what not.
On every Ram board I have ever spent any time on, there is always a passionate contingent of fans who blame everything on the starting qb. I remember all of the posters who were ready to move on from Kurt Warner when he was struggling during an 0-5 start the year after the Super Bowl loss. Bulger looked great and it was time to turn the page. Still the biggest mistake the Rams have made in my 45 years watching the Rams. Goff is a franchise qb, and I am not interested in watching him win somewhere else while we hit the reset button every two or three years.
Well said. I usually don't spend too much time debating with certain posters for the reasons you mention. Humans are stubborn by nature. For some people the one opinion they have is the only opinion.

FearlessTom1973
Starter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:39 pm

HellRam wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:26 pm
FearlessTom1973 wrote:
HellRam wrote:

Well said. I usually don't spend too much time debating with certain posters for the reasons you mention. Humans are stubborn by nature. For some people the one opinion they have is the only opinion.
Haha. Yes, you are right. What bothers me, though, is that we have had more success in the last two years under McVay and Goff, and at the first sign of adversity, people are ready to pronounce them as busts and move on to the next option. Are you kidding me?

ocram23
Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:09 am

HellRam wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:57 pm
SoCalRam78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 pm
I don’t give a fuck what the solutions are. He’s not a franchise QB. Teams kill themselves by overpaying for marginal talent. Case Keenum scrub bum that he is Was in the NFC title game two years ago in the right situation. Nick Foles won a super bowl. Rams not only traded up for Jared goof killing their draft capital for many years. They then doubled down and paid him a massive extension. Dude is like bottom 4 in QBR this year. Okay okay. I hear the excuses. Offensive line and running game not cutting it. That’s true. That’s an excuse. It’s not a compliment to his skill set. Lot of QBs excel with a great running back and very good offensive line.
Of course he is a franchise QB. His career stats and win loss record prove that. It's a bad year. All the greats have em. Some people just over think it. McVay has gone mia, oline sucks and the Rams are just off. It's happend to every coach and player that has played the game. McVay and Goff are no different.
Everyone does have an opinion but IMO, humble as it may be, Goff is not a franchise QB. He is not a QB that can take over a game period. This year his play has been horrendous and yes his OL sucks but he has missed so many guys wide open and some of the picks he has thrown have been awful. The scaries thing for me though is the deer in the headlights look he always has. Snead made a huge mistake signing this guy to that kind of money. Unfortunately we are going to have to deal with it.

SoCalRam78
Pro-bowler

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:16 am

ocram23 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:09 am
HellRam wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:57 pm
SoCalRam78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 pm
I don’t give a fuck what the solutions are. He’s not a franchise QB. Teams kill themselves by overpaying for marginal talent. Case Keenum scrub bum that he is Was in the NFC title game two years ago in the right situation. Nick Foles won a super bowl. Rams not only traded up for Jared goof killing their draft capital for many years. They then doubled down and paid him a massive extension. Dude is like bottom 4 in QBR this year. Okay okay. I hear the excuses. Offensive line and running game not cutting it. That’s true. That’s an excuse. It’s not a compliment to his skill set. Lot of QBs excel with a great running back and very good offensive line.
Of course he is a franchise QB. His career stats and win loss record prove that. It's a bad year. All the greats have em. Some people just over think it. McVay has gone mia, oline sucks and the Rams are just off. It's happend to every coach and player that has played the game. McVay and Goff are no different.
Everyone does have an opinion but IMO, humble as it may be, Goff is not a franchise QB. He is not a QB that can take over a game period. This year his play has been horrendous and yes his OL sucks but he has missed so many guys wide open and some of the picks he has thrown have been awful. The scaries thing for me though is the deer in the headlights look he always has. Snead made a huge mistake signing this guy to that kind of money. Unfortunately we are going to have to deal with it.
This. How many open receivers for TDs has he missed this year? 4 or 5? Guy has 11 TD passes in 9 games. It's a joke. He's completing 60% of his passes, which is terrible in today's game. Eye test, advanced and traditional metrics point to him being a lower tier QB.

The Rams offensive line does suck, so does Goff. Both things can be true and are.

Fan since 80s

Commish
Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:54 am

FearlessTom1973 wrote:

Kurt Warner played terribly back in 2002, he was 0-8 as a starter due to both physical and psychological problems. In the '03 season opener, he clearly still was being affected negatively by those issues.

He finally began to recover significantly from those problems sometime during his '07 season with the Cardinals, after playing quite sparingly overall from '03-06.

Would Warner have been willing to continue sitting on the bench as the backup QB for the Rams during the '04-06 seasons, still struggling to regain his past form (most of it anyway) while Marc Bulger was performing effectively as our team's starting QB? After basically being benched following the '03 season opener, didn't he request his release following that season's conclusion, which had featured our team winning its last NFC West title while in St. Louis?

"Well, if he'd remained in a Rams uniform, he would somehow have recovered most of his 1999-'01 form by the '04 season, even though that actually didn't happen until '07 in the real world." (He never recovered all of his 'GSOT' form, I'd say he had 85-90% of it in '08-09.)

While Jared Goff isn't remotely close to the Warner of '99-'01, he's considerably better than the Warner of '02-06, although not nearly so effective as the Bulger of '02-06.

However, Goff has obviously regressed this year, that can't reasonably be denied... ;) :? :|

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

RGtheFirst
Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:29 am

They started out with Goff under center, I’ve always said he was much more effective in the shotgun, when he was finally put back there, we played much better...
That damned D shut us down, seems to be a trend lately...
I have developed from liking theSteelers to loathing them...
The refs did suck...out loud...

HellRam
Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:35 am

RGtheFirst wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:29 am
They started out with Goff under center, I’ve always said he was much more effective in the shotgun, when he was finally put back there, we played much better...
That damned D shut us down, seems to be a trend lately...
I have developed from liking theSteelers to loathing them...
The refs did suck...out loud...
Goff has also done really well under hurry up. It's funny when people call Goff a system QB under McVay. Everything Goff succeeded at in college is the opposite of what system he has ran as a pro. It's amazing how fans and media members are just plain clueless.

I'm starting to get worried about McVays ability to adapt and adjust his system a little more to his players strengths.

Rate this topic