Wentworth.......

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
nocalramfan
Bench Warmer

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Has mentioned he is willing to play in 2020. Thanks, but it better not be in a Ram uniform. Total OL rebuild needs to be completed this offseason. McVay is not all-of-a-sudden bad play caller. Goff is not a horrible QB. It's all about the OL and Kroemer has not evaluated talent nor has he had the OL ready for primetime.

SoCalRam78
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Whitworth.

Is old. He gave the rams 1 elite year. One pretty good year. And this year he’s been mediocre. Happens when you’re 37. His cap hit is also big.

Rams need 3-4 new linemen next year.

Fan since 80s

malibu
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:24 pm

SoCalRam78 wrote:
Whitworth.

Is old. He gave the rams 1 elite year. One pretty good year. And this year he’s been mediocre. Happens when you’re 37. His cap hit is also big.

Where are u going to find 3-4 linemen? Maybe 1 in FA and 1 in draft that's about it my guess.

brasilrams
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:27 pm

malibu wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:24 pm
SoCalRam78 wrote:
Whitworth.

Where are u going to find 3-4 linemen? Maybe 1 in FA and 1 in draft that's about it my guess.
they will have to trade more in free agency . We need 3-4 guys , that is for sure

toast49
Pro-bowler

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Rams will have to trade this off season to fix the o line. May have to deal a guy like Cupp for draft capitol. Might help Goff in the long run. He forces too many to Cupp

armyram
Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:52 pm

toast49 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 pm
Rams will have to trade this off season to fix the o line. May have to deal a guy like Cupp for draft capitol. Might help Goff in the long run. He forces too many to Cupp
It's Kupp!!! We are not going to trade our best receiver, yet offensive player. The OL is going to take some time to rebuild... hard lesson learned. Goff forcing too many to Kupp is Goff's freaking problem. Fix him, not the players around him!

ocram23
Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:21 am

We are not trading Kupp. Ram fans have to realize the next 2-3 years are going to be rebuilding years. Our talent level on the roster is not there that is why I was shocked they gave us to much for Ramsey. Be patient going to be a while and if I were them I would find a way to trade Goff to get draft picks. I know nobody is going to want his cap hit next year, 36M. What a terrible signing giving Goff that much money.

RAMFAN71
Starter

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:40 am

Great franchises reLOAD. Shit ones rebuild. We failed to reload last year. And no, we are not trading Kupp. He is the best guy out there with the most humble composure all the time. If a defense takes him away, others have to step up.

"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

ocram23
Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am

when you have 5 positions on the Oline that need to be addressed, a D backfield that needs to be addressed, and a LB crew that needs to be addressed...and yes big questions at QB I argue that is not a reload. I think we are talking about semantics here.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:10 am

Yesterdays main problem, we need a big strong center and another big strong Guard... Allen/Blythe, are just too small and not strong enough.... then you had Blythe and Corbett, (he still not strong to play Guard}

The pocket was being pushed right up the middle... Goff couldn't step into the pocket, so both OT were doing their jobs pushing their defender out but since the middle of the OL was being push back, the pockets collapse or the ends got to Goff cause he couldn't step up....

If Whitworth wants to come back next year, I'd take him back, but we need a stronger Guard and Center... That's our main problem...

Then you have great defensive teams that dissected McVay's scheme, but he still doesn't adjust fast enough to over come....

In my opinion, the Steeler game plan was to stop the pass,,,, they seemed not to care about Gurley and stopping the run.... that's why he was getting big chunks of yards....

The RAMs just didn't stick to the run game... McVay got pass happy again and again...

22 Run attempts VS 42 pass attempts...

When you don't have a balance offense, your offensive line will look even weaker.... because the defense is just keying on the pass...… Just a piss poor play calling by McVay…..

McVay seems to be getting over whelmed because his schemes are not working for him... he is getting out coach by good defensive teams...

RAMFAN71
Starter

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:32 am

I don't think 40 pass attempts is pass happy. I do think McVay did not run enough- especially on that last drive (1st down at the 30). He def got pass happy there, because I think he felt Goff was on a roll there. Who know what he was thinking. Terrible play calling in that spot. 40 is still a lot, but we have seen worse. Maybe because we NEVER converted a 3rd down - would have thrown more passes.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:41 am

ocram23 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am
when you have 5 positions on the Oline that need to be addressed, a D backfield that needs to be addressed, and a LB crew that needs to be addressed...and yes big questions at QB I argue that is not a reload. I think we are talking about semantics here.
This is silly.
The Rams don’t need to address anything in their D backfield. Nothing. The D gave up a single touchdown.
LB? They need to decide on Littleton and if they can afford him.
Same with Fowler.
THE ISSUE is the Oline. Period.

They’ll be able to count on Edwards & Havenstein on one side, imo. Hav is having a down year, but should be functional. Edwards is a rookie and will be improved.
Center? Really up in the air. The left side of the line is a complete question mark.
They’ll have the option of using draft picks and FA. It will cost them either Fowler or Littleton.
It’s going to be a big challenge.
My hope is that Corbett and Edwards take big steps over the next year... Evans grows and Noteboom gets healthy. I’d still add at least one veteran and use that second rounder on a lineman.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

ocram23
Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:50 am

Nothing wrong with the DB backfield??? Troy Hill is awful for starters. Will be interesting to see if they bring back Matthews, I think they will but who knows with Snead.
Havenstein is having a terrible year let's be honest and so is Whitworth. I agree the problems start with the Oline but to say this team has a ton of talent is misleading.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:53 am

What dick just said.

This team could roll out the exact same players on D next year and they would be fine. Yes Brockers is probably gone because of the cap and yes they need to make a decision on Fowler and Littleton but how ever that ends up the D is fine. OL period is the issue why this team is 5-4 as well as McVay has become Fisher this year with his play calling. Or whoever that OC was under Fisher. His name alludes me right now.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:57 am

ocram23 wrote:
Nothing wrong with the DB backfield??? Troy Hill is awful for starters. Will be interesting to see if they bring back Matthews, I think they will but who knows with Snead.
Havenstein is having a terrible year let's be honest and so is Whitworth. I agree the problems start with the Oline but to say this team has a ton of talent is misleading.
I don’t like Hill either but at the end of the day yesterday he was a part of a defense that was what -1 total in points when you take into consideration they scored 9 points on D yesterday. And there are players behind him that easily can take over next year at his position.

This team does have a lot of talent. It’s why 5-4 is so damn disappointing right now.

RAMFAN71
Starter

Before we all start talking draft, let's try to win out from here. I know it seems impossible (can't wait for the bears DL), but McVay really has to show he is a boy genius student of the game here. Gotta be creative when you have this shit show OL. He can lose the whole respect thing from the team if he does not step up. The D is so good, and they will start to get pissed if they just get no help. I would. Gurley looked pretty good, and DH never got much of a chance. These guys have to catch the ball and run. That's how other teams are winning. Total yards from their RB. Goff never looks their way. Coach has to start coaching offense. Not sure why everyone says TGII is "done" just yet.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:59 am

RAMFAN71 wrote:
Before we all start talking draft, let's try to win out from here. I know it seems impossible (can't wait for the bears DL), but McVay really has to show he is a boy genius student of the game here. Gotta be creative when you have this shit show OL. He can lose the whole respect thing from the team if he does not step up. The D is so good, and they will start to get pissed if they just get no help. I would. Gurley looked pretty good, and DH never got much of a chance. These guys have to catch the ball and run. That's how other teams are winning. Total yards from their RB. Goff never looks their way. Coach has to start coaching offense. Not sure why everyone says TGII is "done" just yet.
Agree. It’s about Chicago this week.

ocram23
Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:09 am

NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
I don’t like Hill either but at the end of the day yesterday he was a part of a defense that was what -1 total in points when you take into consideration they scored 9 points on D yesterday. And there are players behind him that easily can take over next year at his position.

This team does have a lot of talent. It’s why 5-4 is so damn disappointing right now.
Let's not get all giddy about a defensive performance yesterday against an awful Pittsburgh offense. Minus Big Ben and Connor come on people. They have 1 play maker on that team in JuJu and without AB this year I think we have seen he isn't a true #1.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:20 am

ocram23 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:09 am
NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

Let's not get all giddy about a defensive performance yesterday against an awful Pittsburgh offense. Minus Big Ben and Connor come on people. They have 1 play maker on that team in JuJu and without AB this year I think we have seen he isn't a true #1.
So continue to take every positive and turn it into a negative instead of giving credit where credit is due. So if the D plays well this Sunday the excuse will be?

ocram23
Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:58 am

I am not saying that. They did their job yesterday but what I am hearing from people is our defense is fine it's not the problem. I think that is very misleading considering we played a horrible offense yesterday. We better have shut them down. This is the same defense who gave up 55 against TB. I do think we miss Suh on the Dline, not saying they should have signed him to a huge contract but they do miss him.
Their schedule is not an easy one the rest of the year hopefully we can get healthier and win.

Rate this topic