Trade package options for Brandon Cooks

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
Post Reply
malibu
Veteran
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:19 pm
Contact:

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:43 pm

Here is list of 3 options for a Brandon Cooks trade and one of my own.

https://ramblinfan.com/2020/03/25/la-ra ... don-cooks/

1. Trent Williams - short term the deal works for us, but he wants alot more than 14.5m which he is owed this year from the skins. But he plays LT Whit moves to RT or LG the Rams online instantly would be way better especially if we add a C in the draft.

Analysis: Love this we have more money next year we get rid of Cooks expensive deal and help the online plus if Williams works out we gain 4 more years at LT. We will need to restructure a contract to give us the $ but next year we will have more $.

2. Kellan Bellage - Miami under this article would give Bellage a 2nd and a 5th as well we would give back our conditional 3rd.

Analysis: The problem with this deal he seems to be okay and not the answer other than he is cheap and we get a 2nd (#56) and their 5th and we give them our 3rd compensation pick. Not a fan of this exactly.

3. Lev Bell - Jets swap him for Cooks. He is a upgrade over what we have not sure how good he really is and what he is worth or what he would want contractually. He will get more than Bellage and way less than Williams.

Analysis:. On the fence on this deal leaning no because we can find a RB in the draft as good for less with less mileage imo. But we do save on needing to draft someone which frees up to concentrate on C, G, ILB, OLB backup FS, backup CB maybe a K.

Any thoughts on who you would trade Cooks for and what would the deal be?

Mine besides Williams would be for Scherff straight up. Washington needs WRs and Cooks would be their #1.



ocram23
Veteran
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:16 pm

love the effort but I don't see any team out there making a trade for Cooks for 2 reasons: his contract and his concussions.



malibu
Veteran
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:19 pm
Contact:

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:31 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:16 pm
love the effort but I don't see any team out there making a trade for Cooks for 2 reasons: his contract and his concussions.
Disagree several teams still have a good amount of cap space left and definitely and in desperate need of a front line wr. Cooks is a #1 wr, his contract is in line with other top wrs and many players have had concussions and been fine so your arguments aren't valid.

Why would a team want to invest in a maybe not to mention in the draft Washington, Miami have more pressing needs maybe the Jets could draft one of the top wrs. Miami has 3 first round picks but the place they draft doesn't line up with getting one of the top 3 wrs maybe Higgins. Those wrs are not instant 1100/1200 80+ catches per season. Remember Cooks is still young 26.



Slickjack
Veteran
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:46 am
Contact:

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:46 pm

Personally, I happen to like Cooks a lot. We have to keep in mind he is playing opposite of Woods and Kupp so his touches are going to be limited, particularly with the emergence of Higbie. I said we bite the bullet, pay the man and re-establish him as a deep threat .



toast49
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3344
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am
Contact:

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:31 pm

I have zero problem with Cooks as a weapon. Just don't like anyone suggesting he's a number one type receiver. No NO No No



malibu
Veteran
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:19 pm
Contact:

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 pm

I want to be clear I love Cooks and expect him to bounce back, but the Rams are not going anywhere with the current oline we all know it. I have been advocating for prying Williams and/or Scherff out of Washington since the Superbowl.

But the thread is about who would trade for using Cooks?



ocram23
Veteran
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:53 am

malibu wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 pm
I want to be clear I love Cooks and expect him to bounce back, but the Rams are not going anywhere with the current oline we all know it. I have been advocating for prying Williams and/or Scherff out of Washington since the Superbowl.

But the thread is about who would trade for using Cooks?
I like him too but he is not a #1 WR. come on



sanbagger
Veteran
Posts: 2092
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:38 pm
Contact:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:01 am

ocram23 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:53 am
malibu wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 pm
I want to be clear I love Cooks and expect him to bounce back, but the Rams are not going anywhere with the current oline we all know it. I have been advocating for prying Williams and/or Scherff out of Washington since the Superbowl.

But the thread is about who would trade for using Cooks?
I like him too but he is not a #1 WR. come on
Cooks is more than just a deep threat....although he is used in that role frequently within McV's scheme.

He may not be elite, but really how many elite type receivers are there in the league?

He is a guy that can give them 1200 and 10 TD's if healthy...his concussions have dropped him down a touch and hurts his trade returns but he is a #1 IMO.



ocram23
Veteran
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:08 am

sanbagger wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:01 am
ocram23 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:53 am
malibu wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 pm
I want to be clear I love Cooks and expect him to bounce back, but the Rams are not going anywhere with the current oline we all know it. I have been advocating for prying Williams and/or Scherff out of Washington since the Superbowl.

But the thread is about who would trade for using Cooks?
I like him too but he is not a #1 WR. come on
Cooks is more than just a deep threat....although he is used in that role frequently within McV's scheme.

He may not be elite, but really how many elite type receivers are there in the league?

He is a guy that can give them 1200 and 10 TD's if healthy...his concussions have dropped him down a touch and hurts his trade returns but he is a #1 IMO.
I like your optimism however cooks has never had 10 TD's in his career in a single season. not sure this is a fair comparison.



Marz86
Starter
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:41 am
Contact:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:38 am

Didn’t Rams just pay him 12 million dollar bonus?? If they did I can’t see him going anywhere this year.



malibu
Veteran
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:19 pm
Contact:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:40 am

ocram23 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:53 am
malibu wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 pm
I want to be clear I love Cooks and expect him to bounce back, but the Rams are not going anywhere with the current oline we all know it. I have been advocating for prying Williams and/or Scherff out of Washington since the Superbowl.

But the thread is about who would trade for using Cooks?
I like him too but he is not a #1 WR. come on
His numbers suggest different how many #2 receivers have 1200+ yards in a season and 80+ catches. #2 receivers are more on the 600-800 yards per season with 45-60 catches. Cooks is clearly a #1 wr. Just because he is not the prototypical wr 6'4" and 225+ doesn't make him a #1. Brees and Wilson are not prototypical QBs but they are two of the best.



ocram23
Veteran
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:46 am

malibu wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:40 am
ocram23 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:53 am
malibu wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 pm
I want to be clear I love Cooks and expect him to bounce back, but the Rams are not going anywhere with the current oline we all know it. I have been advocating for prying Williams and/or Scherff out of Washington since the Superbowl.

But the thread is about who would trade for using Cooks?
I like him too but he is not a #1 WR. come on
His numbers suggest different how many #2 receivers have 1200+ yards in a season and 80+ catches. #2 receivers are more on the 600-800 yards per season with 45-60 catches. Cooks is clearly a #1 wr. Just because he is not the prototypical wr 6'4" and 225+ doesn't make him a #1. Brees and Wilson are not prototypical QBs but they are two of the best.
that happened once in his career and he was at 1204 yds. also he has had 80+ catches in his career once. he can't stay on the field due to injuries unfortunately. I like cooks but he isn't a #1.



User avatar
29TheBest
Veteran
Posts: 751
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:57 am
Contact:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:11 pm

Cooks is a very good WR, not elite IMO. He is a #1, but has not produced as a #1 for the Rams. I believe with the Kupp and Woods out there, you do not necessarily need a #1 and Reynolds would fill the slot just fine. If we were going to trade him, we should have done it last week. I would make a trade for OL help and draft help, at least a 2nd.



User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 12564
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm
Contact:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:35 pm

I could see trade happening.... because I realize now I need to be more flexible, lol.

It they plan on running a lot of 12 next year? It would make sense to trade a WR.


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

ocram23
Veteran
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:38 pm

29TheBest wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:11 pm
Cooks is a very good WR, not elite IMO. He is a #1, but has not produced as a #1 for the Rams. I believe with the Kupp and Woods out there, you do not necessarily need a #1 and Reynolds would fill the slot just fine. If we were going to trade him, we should have done it last week. I would make a trade for OL help and draft help, at least a 2nd.
wr's are fragile I think you need a lot of them on the roster to ensure success.



User avatar
harkin
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3906
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:58 pm
Contact:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:37 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:46 am
that happened once in his career and he was at 1204 yds. also he has had 80+ catches in his career once. he can't stay on the field due to injuries unfortunately. I like cooks but he isn't a #1.
He averaged over 1,100 yards and 75 catches over four years playing for three different teams. In 2018 he and Woods were co-no 1 receivers. Their numbers were almost identical with Cooks being the deeper threat.

He’s only 26 (younger than Woods) and has more career yards than Woods even though Woods has one more season under the belt and thirty more receptions. His deep threat numbers are bonafide.

But because of the concussions no way anyone can consider him a number 1 unless he proves he’s recovered. Woods is the clear #1 which he became as soon as Cooks got his bell rung.

But people acting as if Cooks had some outlier lucky year in 2018 are lol.

Hope the best for him but he’s overpaid and hurt. Getting healthy solves one problem but only makes the other one less severe.



ocram23
Veteran
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:40 am

harkin wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:37 pm
ocram23 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:46 am
that happened once in his career and he was at 1204 yds. also he has had 80+ catches in his career once. he can't stay on the field due to injuries unfortunately. I like cooks but he isn't a #1.
He averaged over 1,100 yards and 75 catches over four years playing for three different teams. In 2018 he and Woods were co-no 1 receivers. Their numbers were almost identical with Cooks being the deeper threat.

He’s only 26 (younger than Woods) and has more career yards than Woods even though Woods has one more season under the belt and thirty more receptions. His deep threat numbers are bonafide.

But because of the concussions no way anyone can consider him a number 1 unless he proves he’s recovered. Woods is the clear #1 which he became as soon as Cooks got his bell rung.

But people acting as if Cooks had some outlier lucky year in 2018 are lol.

Hope the best for him but he’s overpaid and hurt. Getting healthy solves one problem but only makes the other one less severe.
he needs to stop going over the middle. I know that sounds ridiculous but the couple times I saw him go down was due to that. there are ways to use him and for cooks he has to do a better job of taking the angle of not getting hit so hard. sounds easier than it actually is I know.



Post Reply
Rate this topic
  • Information