How Bad Does Stan And Demoff Look

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
Marz86
Starter

Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:09 am

This has to be extremely embarrassing to Demoff and Kroenke. Fans in 5 minutes were able to come up with a better cleaner logo that was very acceptable to Ram nation than they could in 5 years trying to putting this together. Saying all that, you can bet there is no way in hell that the two logos Dickerson is bringing to Demoff will ever fly. By going with one of them it would admit the millions of dollars Spent creating logos was waste of time and money and there is no way that’s happening. I hope I’m wrong because the logos absolutely suck but I don’t see these two guys checking their ego and Stan’s wallet at the door.

Darrin75
Starter

Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:48 am

It won’t matter if they change it. Sales will bottom out. Then they can flush even more money down the drain. Me personally I’m not wasting my money on it. I’ll just wear my old gear for the foreseeable future. I’m more than disappointed in this, but you know what I’m not wasting my time anymore with it. I bleed LA RAMS but doesn’t mean I’ll buy any of the new gear.

99rams
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:04 am

When the Rams moved to St. Louis I had my old Rams gear through SB XXXIV. When they changed uniforms I was not thrilled but did buy a KW #13. I seriously doubt I’d buy ANY of this gear and saw several very solid suggestions from fans on new helmets & UNIs on this site. These efforts are weak and perplexing. It ain’t that hard.

therealheadslap75
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:15 am

JUST SIGN A FRIGGIN FREE AGENT already so I can stop looking at that $hitty logo as the lead news story about the Rams

Hari rama
Starter

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:17 am

If their intention was to make the LA stand for "Lame Ass" then they''ve succeeded.

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:38 am

Some seem to be pissed because the Ram Organization didn't go out of their way to appease them personally...

Marz86
Starter

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:44 am

Rampager66 wrote:
Some seem to be pissed because the Ram Organization didn't go out of their way to appease them personally...

It’s all about pleasing the die hard fans who actually buy their Merchandise and that actually have a lot to do with the Rams making money. So yes, It would of been a good idea for Demoff to actually listen to the fans when he said he wanted their input.

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:05 am

Marz86 wrote:

It’s all about pleasing the die hard fans who actually buy their Merchandise and that actually have a lot to do with the Rams making money. So yes, It would of been a good idea for Demoff to actually listen to the fans when he said he wanted their input.
And how do you know they didn't? You don't!
As much as we all like to believe us and our opinions are always in the majority... we're not, and this is probably one of those times.
I'm not a huge fan of the changes but in the end it won't affect how the team performs on the field and for me, that's what matters the most... wins and losses...
IMO the older die hard fan is in the minority now and the decision must have been based on appeasing the younger Ram generations, which there are definitely many more of..

ocram23
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:09 am

hopefully Dickerson can shake some sense into these 2 knuckleheads. I am on the Demoff needs to go movement.

Marz86
Starter

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:20 am

Rampager66 wrote:
Marz86 wrote:

As much as we all like to believe us and our opinions are always in the majority... we're not, and this is probably one of those times.
I'm not a huge fan of the changes but in the end it won't affect how the team performs on the field and for me, that's what matters the most... wins and losses...
IMO the older die hard fan is in the minority now and the decision must have been based on appeasing the younger Ram generations, which there are definitely many more of..
I know it’s bad enough that Eric Dickerson who works for the Rams wants it changed ...Do I know exactly if I’m in the majority that thinks logos suck? No, but I think as time goes on you are going to see that I am and so will the Rams when their merchandise isn’t selling well.

ocram23
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:22 am

Marz86 wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:
Marz86 wrote:

I know it’s bad enough that Eric Dickerson who works for the Rams wants it changed ...Do I know exactly if I’m in the majority that thinks logos suck? No, but I think as time goes on you are going to see that I am and so will the Rams when their merchandise isn’t selling well.
let's be honest here the logo sucks big time. I hate to quote the chargers front office, who are terrible, but with their own logo they even said why would we want to mess with it? Rams logo is iconic don't fuck with it.

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:28 am

Marz86 wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:
Marz86 wrote:

I'm not a fan of ED and don't really give a fuck what that Quitter says or thinks about anything Rams. If it were up to me he wouldn't be allowed near the team.
But that's another topic.
I guess time will tell whether the new Merchandise sells or not. I think it will be a non issue once the Lines are down again!

Commish
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Rampager66 wrote:
LOL! It does seem that way, doesn't it?

I'm hardly expecting the Rams organization to 'accomodate' my tastes, it's obviously aiming at millennials, that's to be anticipated--I can certainly live with the new logos, they could be considerably worse, like the one on the supposedly 'leaked' draft cap... ;) :? :idea:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

HellRam
Pro-bowler

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:14 pm

Commish wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:

I'm hardly expecting the Rams organization to 'accomodate' my tastes, it's obviously aiming at millennials, that's to be anticipated--I can certainly live with the new logos, they could be considerably worse, like the one on the supposedly 'leaked' draft cap... ;) :? :idea:

ram pathos...

--The Commish
I agree. I can't believe the hysterical nature of people today. The logo isn't amazing but it's not deserving of this spazz like reaction from people. I've also notices it's the non California Rams fans that seem to be the most upset about the LA version of the logo.

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:24 pm

Commish wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:

ram pathos...

--The Commish
We're going to end up stuck with whatever it is, no matter what. It's not something we really have a say about. We can bitch but the best we can hope for is that it ain't pink and it does indeed have those horns on the helmet.
Regardless of the end product, it will sell plenty. I
Because it's all tied to the Grand Opening of the New 5B$ Rams NFL Palace and the official rebirth and re branding of the Los Angeles Rams who will finally be home... and blah blah la di da.... anything they do will fly.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 pm

HellRam wrote:
Commish wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:

ram pathos...

--The Commish
I agree. I can't believe the hysterical nature of people today. The logo isn't amazing but it's not deserving of this spazz like reaction from people. I've also notices it's the non California Rams fans that seem to be the most upset about the LA version of the logo.
Speaking from a non Californian. I have no problem with the new logo. I find it a huge improvement from the one designed by St. Louis which was basically carried over by LA, but with the blue/white. I personally like the Rams head from the 60s best, but I find this one to be an improvement from last year. Just don't screw with the helmet!!

UtahRam
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:07 pm

I've spent 35 years in graphics and print so the logos mean a lot to me. I can't convey that in an internet forum. I've also spent thousand of dollars on RAMS collectibles and memorabilia throughout my lifetime. You'd shit if you saw my collection. Hell, I'd shit too if I saw it since it's all in storage right now. Anyways, how does one explain that to people who are only interested in player personnel, the draft, what the linebackers weigh, etc. It's all encompassing to me; the team, the logos, the uniforms, the history. I think they fucked up big time. Different strokes for different folks.

ocram23
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:07 pm

HellRam wrote:
Commish wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:

ram pathos...

--The Commish
I for one am not hysterical I just do not believe a solidly run organization does this. the rams helmet is iconic they shouldn't fuck with it. sorry but it's a poor thought out decision.

Commish
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:00 pm

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 pm
HellRam wrote:
Commish wrote:

ram pathos...
Speaking from a non Californian. I have no problem with the new logo. I find it a huge improvement from the one designed by St. Louis which was basically carried over by LA, but with the blue/white. I personally like the Rams head from the 60s best, but I find this one to be an improvement from last year. Just don't screw with the helmet!!
Agreed--the helmet and the uniforms, those are much more important to me than the two logos, the helmet is the most iconic one in league history... ;) 8-) :idea:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Utah Rams Fan
Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:10 pm

I think they will get the picture when the merchandise with the new logo attracts dust on the shelves while the stadium is full on game day with fans wearing the old gear.

Fan since 1969

Rate this topic
  • Information