Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:40 am

Latest post of the previous page:

RGtheFirst wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:01 pm
I’ll say one thing, he was friggin’ awesome, glad he was a Ram...
I agree although he probably outlived his welcome by one season....

STL Woody
Veteran

Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:47 am

ElAcky wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:40 am
RGtheFirst wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:01 pm
I’ll say one thing, he was friggin’ awesome, glad he was a Ram...
I agree although he probably outlived his welcome by one season....
Agree with both.

Loyalty over Location...

luckenbill56
Starter

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:47 pm

Great player who became a cancer. Enough said. Mr. Gurley was great while it lasted, but today I could care less what he is saying.

sanbagger
Veteran

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:04 pm

luckenbill56 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:47 pm
Great player who became a cancer. Enough said. Mr. Gurley was great while it lasted, but today I could care less what he is saying.
Was he a cancer? I believe he was unhappy and a distraction....cancer? Not so sure I agree

Hacksaw
Starter

Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:13 am

If his knees is wrecked, the Rams paid foolishly.
If Gurley was a malcontent, they paid foolishly.
Only 1 scenario is an indictment against TGII. After his public comments, the latter scenario would be my guess.

THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF,,,,,,, WAS

luckenbill56
Starter

Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:15 pm

I called him a cancer because he became the story. Not the team, Gurley is still one one of my all time favorite players. Nevertheless, I always wondered why he was not chosen one of the captain's last season? He was in 2018 etc. Yet, last year he was not.. Maybe this should have told us something was amiss? However, the two glaring problems last season was poor offensive line play and a defense that played the most porous zone I have witnessed in many years. What made it even more frustrating is the pass rush was very good. The DBs could not cover anyone and especially in the big moments. See the 49er and Seattle games on the road. Ugh they were bad.

Commish
Veteran

Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:29 pm

luckenbill56 wrote:
However, the two glaring problems last season was poor offensive line play and a defense that played the most porous zone I have witnessed in many years. What made it even more frustrating is the pass rush was very good. The DBs could not cover anyone and especially in the big moments. See the 49er and Seattle games on the road. Ugh they were bad.
Agreed--our team's pass defense was simply pathetic in those two narrow divisional losses, which cost the Rams an NFC playoff berth last year.

If there is an NFL season this year, which seems to be increasingly unlikely, those two areas are in desperate need of improvement, via one means or another... ;) :? :ugeek:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

sanbagger
Veteran

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:33 pm

luckenbill56 wrote:
I called him a cancer because he became the story. Not the team, Gurley is still one one of my all time favorite players. Nevertheless, I always wondered why he was not chosen one of the captain's last season? He was in 2018 etc. Yet, last year he was not.. Maybe this should have told us something was amiss? However, the two glaring problems last season was poor offensive line play and a defense that played the most porous zone I have witnessed in many years. What made it even more frustrating is the pass rush was very good. The DBs could not cover anyone and especially in the big moments. See the 49er and Seattle games on the road. Ugh they were bad.
The Rams allow the players to vote on team Captains...so, to me, that says a lot about his fall from grace. I never really heard any rumors regarding TG being a problem child in the clubhouse and those stories get around like wildfire.

Rate this topic
  • Information