Fri May 15, 2020 12:12 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Raminec wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:55 am
harkin wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:58 am
Raminec wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:22 pm
Really has nothing to do with Rams draft decisions but rather the value they place on Ramsey’s ability and the fact that you have a proven commodity vs two first round picks that may or may not help the team improve as much as the addition of Ramsey. The bust rate of most NFL first round picks especially once you’re into the 20’s and above is pretty high.
2016 20th pick Jets- Darron Lee LB
2017 20th pick Denver- Garrett Bolles OT
2018 20th pick Detroit- Frank Ragnow C
2019 20th pick Denver- Noah Fant TE

I wouldn’t trade Ramsey for all 4 of those guys combined. Yes he’s going to get paid but he’s already proven himself worthy of a top tier contract.
Draft decisions do matter

2016 Draft
Pick 45 - Derrick Henry
Pick 47 - Michael Thomas

Pick 30 - TJ Watt

Pick 36 - Darius Leonard

I like Ramsey but he was mainly brought in to make a playoff run last year and this year. The jury is still out and he may even be gone after 2020 if the Rams can’t afford him.
There is no doubt that the Rams can afford him. They could actually save money on this year’s cap if they were to extend him now and adjust his 2020 cap hit by pushing money forward. Maybe the Rams are holding waiting till his contract expires before they extend him after being burned by the early Gurley extension. Both Ramsey and the Rams are assuming a risk by not extending him now. Ramsey is risking possibly getting injured and the Rams are risking loosing him to free agency in 2021. Rams do have the option of using the Franchise Tag to hold on to him.
ramsey has already said he will hold out if they tag him. they need to sign him

Faulk28allworld
Starter

Fri May 15, 2020 9:44 pm

29TheBest wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:55 am
Raminec wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 1:08 am
harkin wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:40 pm
All those who said our 1st round pick this year was in-effect Ramsey can say the same thing next year for our 1st and 4th.
That’s true! And in my opinion he will prove to be a better player than both of two players that the Rams would have drafted with the two number 1 picks ( both in the 20’s) and the player picked with the 4 th round pick. Ramsey is a top 10 NFL player. Jags got Louisiana State defensive end/linebacker K'Lavon Chaisson, Round 1 (No. 20) with this years Rams #1. Let’s see what next year brings. I’m hoping that the Rams have a spectacular season and really downgrade the values of the 2021 picks. Time will tell.
Not only is he a top 10, maybe even a top 5 NFL player, but he is the top player at his position. With that and his age, we stand to have one of the top cornerbacks for quite some time, providing we resign him. If you look at this years draft, there was not player close to his ability on the board, so the price of this years pick was a very smart move and looks all the better for next years pick as well if he performs at the top of his game this season. He gives our defense 2 players ranked the best at their position with Aaron Donald the same on the DL.

I really think we have a chance of having a very good defense, I feel the secondary is one of the best, with Ramsey, Hill, Johnson, Rapp and Burgess. I am looking forward to improved line play with the addition of Robinson, who I think has the makings especially with those long arms to solidify the middle with Brock and AD manning the ends. I am intrigued with the linebacking corps, I hated to lose Fowler and Littleton, but we should finally see Kiser get his shot at one of the middle slots and cant wait for the competition at the other inside slot with Young, Reeder and Howard. I think we have some real talent at the edge positions with Floyd, Okoronkwo and Lewis if they can stay healthy. Floyd was a monster coming into the league, but unfortunately didn't reach his potential, but at 27 a change of scenery might be all he needs.
Hes not the top player at the position. He is not better than Stephon Gilmore and its really not close. I would argue a few others are better as well. Top 10 is about right.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat May 16, 2020 8:51 pm

Faulk28allworld wrote:
29TheBest wrote:
Raminec wrote:

That’s true! And in my opinion he will prove to be a better player than both of two players that the Rams would have drafted with the two number 1 picks ( both in the 20’s) and the player picked with the 4 th round pick. Ramsey is a top 10 NFL player. Jags got Louisiana State defensive end/linebacker K'Lavon Chaisson, Round 1 (No. 20) with this years Rams #1. Let’s see what next year brings. I’m hoping that the Rams have a spectacular season and really downgrade the values of the 2021 picks. Time will tell.
Not only is he a top 10, maybe even a top 5 NFL player, but he is the top player at his position. With that and his age, we stand to have one of the top cornerbacks for quite some time, providing we resign him. If you look at this years draft, there was not player close to his ability on the board, so the price of this years pick was a very smart move and looks all the better for next years pick as well if he performs at the top of his game this season. He gives our defense 2 players ranked the best at their position with Aaron Donald the same on the DL.

I really think we have a chance of having a very good defense, I feel the secondary is one of the best, with Ramsey, Hill, Johnson, Rapp and Burgess. I am looking forward to improved line play with the addition of Robinson, who I think has the makings especially with those long arms to solidify the middle with Brock and AD manning the ends. I am intrigued with the linebacking corps, I hated to lose Fowler and Littleton, but we should finally see Kiser get his shot at one of the middle slots and cant wait for the competition at the other inside slot with Young, Reeder and Howard. I think we have some real talent at the edge positions with Floyd, Okoronkwo and Lewis if they can stay healthy. Floyd was a monster coming into the league, but unfortunately didn't reach his potential, but at 27 a change of scenery might be all he needs.
Hes not the top player at the position. He is not better than Stephon Gilmore and its really not close. I would argue a few others are better as well. Top 10 is about right.
you are correct. I do believe he is in the top 5

RadRacerRams
Veteran

Sun May 17, 2020 3:49 am

Rammer wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:07 am
D-GenerationX wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:05 am
Raminec wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:22 pm

2016 20th pick Jets- Darron Lee LB
2017 20th pick Denver- Garrett Bolles OT
2018 20th pick Detroit- Frank Ragnow C
2019 20th pick Denver- Noah Fant TE

I wouldn’t trade Ramsey for all 4 of those guys combined. Yes he’s going to get paid but he’s already proven himself worthy of a top tier contract.
Pretty much where I come down on this too.

It's never a bad move acquiring elite talent. GMs will tell you the most important parts of offense are the QB and guys to block for him. And on defense, it's guys that get after the passer and shutdown secondary players.

Trades like the Falcons did to get Julio Jones are the head scratchers. Because WR is not that sort of position. But CB totally is.
Don't agree. We already had elite talent at that position. We gave it away for nothing and then we got (perhaps?) a slightly better player at great cost.
What a little better.... :?: geez Jalen Ramsey is the best CB in the League.....just like Aaron Donald is the best DT at his position, so is #20J-Ram ...... So would you give Donald a way :shock: for 2 draft picks ......? as far as I'm concerned we Stold the best CB in the league away from the Jags ...... Jalen Ramsey is a Forsure Guarantee and he's great at his position !!!..... 2 - 1st round picks right now would be a crap shoot at best........!! There is only a 50/50 chance they pan out...... do you think shut down CB's grow on trees :?: ...... they don't......

Go Rams : you gotta love the #20 J_Ram trade .....

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sun May 17, 2020 6:24 am

RadRacerRams wrote:
Rammer wrote:
D-GenerationX wrote:

It's never a bad move acquiring elite talent. GMs will tell you the most important parts of offense are the QB and guys to block for him. And on defense, it's guys that get after the passer and shutdown secondary players.

Trades like the Falcons did to get Julio Jones are the head scratchers. Because WR is not that sort of position. But CB totally is.
Don't agree. We already had elite talent at that position. We gave it away for nothing and then we got (perhaps?) a slightly better player at great cost.
What a little better.... :?: geez Jalen Ramsey is the best CB in the League.....just like Aaron Donald is the best DT at his position, so is #20J-Ram ...... So would you give Donald a way :shock: for 2 draft picks ......? as far as I'm concerned we Stold the best CB in the league away from the Jags ...... Jalen Ramsey is a Forsure Guarantee and he's great at his position !!!..... 2 - 1st round picks right now would be a crap shoot at best........!! There is only a 50/50 chance they pan out...... do you think shut down CB's grow on trees :?: ...... they don't......

AD is the best player in the NFL period. I still believe Ramsey is in the top 5 but not the best. Either way the Rams need to re-sign him can not have a hold out.

My2Cents
Bench Warmer

Sun May 17, 2020 7:42 pm

IMO, it’s a foregone conclusion that the Rams resign Ramsey. They gave up two first round picks for him, and you don’t do that unless you plan on keeping the player longterm. However, Jalen and his agent know that too, so it is merely a matter of paying him.

Faulk28allworld
Starter

Mon May 18, 2020 4:12 am

RadRacerRams wrote:
Rammer wrote:
D-GenerationX wrote:

As I have said once....Ramsey is good, but he is not the best. Stephon Gilmore is, and its not close. (Of course this is just my opinion, and Om sure 90% of the leagues, too). Not a knock on him but I would take Gilmore over him in a NY minute.

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Mon May 18, 2020 7:06 am

RadRacerRams wrote:
Rammer wrote:
D-GenerationX wrote:

Except that he's not the best cornerback in the league.

Faulk28allworld
Starter

Mon May 18, 2020 7:12 am

Rammer wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:06 am
RadRacerRams wrote:
Rammer wrote:

Except that he's not the best cornerback in the league.
Why do we have a bunch of homer fans? I guess all teams do for the most part.

DMRamFan
Starter

Thu May 21, 2020 8:48 am

I read this morning that Ramsey is wanting $20M a year to sign. If he is non-wavering on this price, do we still sign him? Even after Goff's renegotiated contract...But between Goff, Donald, and now Ramsey we would be spending $64M against the cap. That is steep for 3 players to me. Especially the Goff contract, dont even get me started on that. I like Goff, but between his Base, Signing Bonus, Roster Bonus, and Restructured Bonus Goff stands to make $34,260,000... Goodness (Great for him, bad for us). The flip side is AD, and he is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY.

Do we sign Ramsy to $20M a year?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prove me wrong

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Thu May 21, 2020 10:00 am

after what the rams gave up for Ramsey I don't think you have a choice. They have to sign him.

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Thu May 21, 2020 10:03 am

ocram23 wrote:
after what the rams gave up for Ramsey I don't think you have a choice. They have to sign him.
Yep.

Or a front office that has already taken some hits on short sighted thinking will take another big one.

A Logo Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down. A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Thu May 21, 2020 10:03 am

ocram23 wrote:
Yep.

Or a front office that has already taken some hits on short sighted thinking will take another big one.

A Logo Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down. A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.

sanbagger
Veteran

Thu May 21, 2020 7:00 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Did he say this to the Rams or the Jags?

Claremontram
Veteran

Thu May 21, 2020 8:14 pm

Ramsey is a top five shut down corner. He will occupy opponent's top WR each game. We will pay him and be quite pleased with his future production. Time to focus on stopping the run.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 3:24 am

Faulk28allworld wrote:
29TheBest wrote:
Raminec wrote:

Keep in mind when looking at ratings based on stats. 6 of Gilmores games were against Buff, Jets, and Phins. Not exactly air Correal type offenses.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Fri May 22, 2020 8:05 am

sanbagger wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
Rams
he has been very clear with rams management

sanbagger
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 9:13 am

ocram23 wrote:
sanbagger wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
Rams
Oh, O.K.

I knew he had a falling out in Jax but I didn't know he was making demands to the Rams

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Fri May 22, 2020 9:16 am

sanbagger wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:13 am
ocram23 wrote:
sanbagger wrote:

Rams
Oh, O.K.

I knew he had a falling out in Jax but I didn't know he was making demands to the Rams
great player but I don't trust this guy one bit

haroldjackson
Starter

Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 am

I'd take the cornerback Jacksonville took with the 1st round pick we traded for Ramsey. He'll be on a rookie contract while we're paying top dollar for Ramsey, if we can sign him. And, of course we lose our 1st and 4th next year.

Commish
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 11:30 am

Claremontram wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:14 pm
Ramsey is a top five shut down corner. He will occupy opponent's top WR each game. We will pay him and be quite pleased with his future production. Time to focus on stopping the run.
Well, I'd agree with this assessment--when he's focused, the guy is a Top Five CB in the NFL.

If he does function as a true 'shut-down cornerback,' that will alter the outlook for our team's entire "D," however he'll be quite expensive--I'm also uncertain that Jalen Ramsey can be a "We Not Me" player.

The idea that a rookie can be counted on to effectively replace a Pro Bowl caliber veteran though, at any position, I find that belief to be rather bizarre... :shock: :o :roll:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

CierraRam
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 5:27 pm

ocram23 wrote:
sanbagger wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
Rams
Uh, I didnt read this anywhere that he did make these kinds of demands. Last that I heard was back when they traded for him was that he would not hold out if he got tagged.

harkin
Pro-bowler

Fri May 22, 2020 6:41 pm

ocram23 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:16 am
great player but I don't trust this guy one bit
IIRC he said he wouldn’t ask for more $$ for 2020 and so far I think that’s true.

He’s gonna wanna be the highest paid DB in 2021 tho.

Hopefully he’ll spend this season making his case.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sun May 24, 2020 7:01 am

CierraRam wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:27 pm
ocram23 wrote:
sanbagger wrote:

Rams
Uh, I didnt read this anywhere that he did make these kinds of demands. Last that I heard was back when they traded for him was that he would not hold out if he got tagged.
that's not what they have been saying on sports talk in LA. He wants to be the highest paid DB in the NFL. he has been very clear about not wanting to be tagged

CierraRam
Veteran

Sun May 24, 2020 7:37 am

It's not that I didnt expect that from Ramsey... I did ... Just that he had said that he wouldnt hold out back in the day. Well then, I guess that he better play like the best CB in the league to get that money... and I bet he does. It's what happens after he gets the money that worries me.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sun May 24, 2020 7:49 am

CierraRam wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:37 am
It's not that I didnt expect that from Ramsey... I did ... Just that he had said that he wouldnt hold out back in the day. Well then, I guess that he better play like the best CB in the league to get that money... and I bet he does. It's what happens after he gets the money that worries me.
yeah I agree he scares the hell out of me too. I think he is a talent for sure but just wish they hadn't made the trade. gave up too much

Rate this topic
  • Information