ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat May 16, 2020 12:53 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

I just think those helmets looks amazing... perfect color

sdram
Pro-bowler

Sat May 16, 2020 3:26 pm

Maybe you can see what I'm talking about the curlyque at the end by showing how they could have emulated a REAL RAM. The REAL RAM horns could easily be incorporated in the design by adding the end of the horn. The part of the horn that is what makes an adult Ram.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sdram
Pro-bowler

Sun May 17, 2020 5:18 am

sanbagger wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:26 pm
don't think I like much about the helmet....oh well....we'll see if it grows on me as I'm not worried about it because the Bengal helmet is worse IMO.
The Bengal helmet seemed gimmicky to me at first, but I’ve grown to like it, because it makes sense. They are representing real tiger stripes. I don’t know what Demoff’s helmet is representing.

Yorkshire Ram
Bench Warmer

Mon May 18, 2020 5:37 am

I don't understand what people don't understand about the new horns? The line break in the horn represents the twist in a Ram horn. They basically took the existing horn and just used that effect to make them more modern and less two dimensional. I think they look great.

However, the fact that people don't see that, I suppose, could be seen as a failing in the design?

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Mon May 18, 2020 5:55 am

Yorkshire Ram wrote:
I don't understand what people don't understand about the new horns? The line break in the horn represents the twist in a Ram horn. They basically took the existing horn and just used that effect to make them more modern and less two dimensional. I think they look great.

However, the fact that people don't see that, I suppose, could be seen as a failing in the design?
I think if the horned wrapped around the ear hole a little bit more that it would be much more a resemblance to a horn and that 3D might stand out.

Yorkshire Ram
Bench Warmer

Mon May 18, 2020 6:06 am

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:55 am
Yorkshire Ram wrote:

I think if the horned wrapped around the ear hole a little bit more that it would be much more a resemblance to a horn and that 3D might stand out.
Yeah, I guess you could be right. I just don't see the crescents, bananas, etc. that others see.

UtahRam
Veteran

Mon May 18, 2020 9:02 am

The helmets are garish and horrible. Who ever thought we'd be one of the teams with a chrome helmet for fuck sakes...lol

It seems like many of you feel any attack on the RAMS uniforms and logos are to be taken personally; that you have to defend the organization at all costs even when the organization fucks up. It's like you have to like the uniforms to be a real fan and if you don't like them you're just disrespecting your own team. That's nonsense. This logo/uniform debacle is such a mess. What a shitty organization the RAMS are.

sdram
Pro-bowler

Mon May 18, 2020 9:30 am

Thanks Utah. Well stated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sdram
Pro-bowler

Mon May 18, 2020 9:37 am

Yorkshire Ram wrote:
I don't understand what people don't understand about the new horns? The line break in the horn represents the twist in a Ram horn.
You’re right, the design failed. They left out the second line representing the curl around the earhole. If they do that it is probably palatable. See the ram horn photo. It’s not difficult to see the part they left out

harkin
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 1:57 pm

Great post Utah.

They screwed the pooch, almost the entire country agrees and we’re stuck with this huge fail for quite a while.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 2:44 pm

UtahRam wrote:
The helmets are garish and horrible. Who ever thought we'd be one of the teams with a chrome helmet for fuck sakes...lol

It seems like many of you feel any attack on the RAMS uniforms and logos are to be taken personally; that you have to defend the organization at all costs even when the organization fucks up. It's like you have to like the uniforms to be a real fan and if you don't like them you're just disrespecting your own team. That's nonsense. This logo/uniform debacle is such a mess. What a shitty organization the RAMS are.
My fear came true. Cheesy Oregon Duck helmets. I can't wait for the throw back games!

RadRacerRams
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 2:55 pm

Jdmx2 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:22 am
Not sure if this has been brought up but, did the base of the horns get wider in front or am I seeing things because I want to??
Yes the Horns are wider.....!!!

Go Rams : if they kept the Horn solid it would look cooler..... 8-)

Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter

Tue May 19, 2020 3:44 pm

Guarantee, within 3 years, the Segmented Horn will be changed back to how it's always been.

Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

LARAMFAN52
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 4:27 pm

I don’t agree the Rams fucked up the uniforms

I don’t agree the Rams are a shitty organization

I don’t care if you hate them that’s your right

The uniforms are great,I like what the Rams organization is doing,trying to win,that’s a good thing for a sports organization to do in my book

I also don’t see the whole country or even “almost” the whole country hating the new look

Good for you though that you hate it,I hope your very happy repeating your hatred of all things Rams in the coming days ,weeks ,months and years,seems like a great time

grackler
Starter

Tue May 19, 2020 5:20 pm

sdram wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:18 am
sanbagger wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:26 pm
don't think I like much about the helmet....oh well....we'll see if it grows on me as I'm not worried about it because the Bengal helmet is worse IMO.
The Bengal helmet seemed gimmicky to me at first, but I’ve grown to like it, because it makes sense. They are representing real tiger stripes. I don’t know what Demoff’s helmet is representing.
"Demoff's helmet" represents the best efforts of an emasculated and hollow bureaucrat with little to offer except the ability add columns of numbers when needed.

God only knows why Demoff was ever given the authority to make football decisions --- he certainly has absolutely no background that would have qualified him for such responsibilties. He should have been given his severance pay when the Rams left St Looey.

Skyhook
Starter

Tue May 19, 2020 7:22 pm

UtahRam wrote:

No the organization is fine, it's you that's total crap. Every one of us can agree on that.

:R

clevelandrams
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 pm

Dig this.. Rhode Island 1989...and in the 1950s
Screenshot_2020-05-19-14-47-39.png
1950s
Screenshot_2020-05-19-14-39-58.png

Rams57
Bench Warmer

Fri May 22, 2020 6:58 am

The helmet horns don't look like ram horns to me. I see a crescent moon with a goat horn over it. I liked the size and shape of the horns in the late 50's, wish the horns looked like those again.

sdram
Pro-bowler

Sat May 23, 2020 10:12 am

Rams57 wrote:
The helmet horns don't look like ram horns to me. I see a crescent moon with a goat horn over it. I liked the size and shape of the horns in the late 50's, wish the horns looked like those again.
You’re absolutely correct. Banana moons.
:x
Demoff has screwed over the Rams entire history since Fred Gehrke painted those horns on a leather helmet in 1948.

Me not we - Demoff

LARAMFAN52
Veteran

Sat May 23, 2020 12:28 pm

The horns dont look any less like Ram horns then they ever have to me

Demoff did an awesome job

Go Rams

DMRamFan
Starter

Sat May 23, 2020 1:12 pm

sdram wrote:
Rams57 wrote:
Demoff has screwed over the Rams entire history since Fred Gehrke painted those horns on a leather helmet in 1948.

Me not we - Demoff
Ok, I must admit... I really have no life these days outside my business, and sitting at home doing the same thing every day...

Get up around 0530, Let the wife sleep in (She's Preggo), answer emails or read till my daughters wake up, change them get them ready for the day. Make everyone breakfast. Then Wife comes down around 0730ish, Then I head out to the garage to my new makeshift office, work all day w the occasional lunch break to Chipolte (freedom highlight for the day). Finish work around 1800 or so, then hit the rough commute from the garage to the dining room (between the garage from the dining room I can hit traffic at times for I have to go through the laundry room tunnel. This route can often clog up. So, If that route gets to backed up, I sometimes head the back route which is the garage side door pass (way more scenic, but about 8 seconds longer than the laundry tunnel). Anyhow, eventually I get in, have dinner then clean dishes (wife cooks, I clean). Then bath time for the kids then a movie, or reading time. Finally everyone to sleep. AND REPEAT. EVERY. DAY. Suffice it to say, I am beyond over these stay at home orders in So Cal.

So what is the point of my daily life story here? I have no life. So I come on here and whine and complain about the new unis and what Demoff calls horns on a helmet. The one bright spot is the colors, which I like. But I really do not care what some guys have to say on this, I will complain about these new Uni/helmets because I have literally nothing else to do w my free time. And those to tell me to move and accept it... I 100% agree with you guys. But hey, it is what it is.

I still just CANNOT believe we broke the horns... To think this was done by some millennial marketing focus group that probably doesn't have the slightest on how football is even played, let alone our rich history of the horns.

The bottom line, Demoff or anyone in Rams Management is most likely not a Rams Fan. They are suits doing their jobs and making money for Stan. They could move on tomorrow and be wearing a Jets or Chargers logo working for those teams. It's a business. I am even going as far as to guess that Demoff is not even a Football fan. 98% of me thinks that Demoff is a solid Tennis fan or maybe even skeet shooting fanatic, but that is just a hunch. The new Uni's, Colors, and ESPECIALLY the helmets should have been done by a voting system, by REAL TRUE DEEP DOWN Ram Fans. Period.

Go ahead, change my mind.

Prove me wrong

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat May 23, 2020 1:59 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
sdram wrote:
Rams57 wrote:

Me not we - Demoff
Ok, I must admit... I really have no life these days outside my business, and sitting at home doing the same thing every day...

Get up around 0530, Let the wife sleep in (She's Preggo), answer emails or read till my daughters wake up, change them get them ready for the day. Make everyone breakfast. Then Wife comes down around 0730ish, Then I head out to the garage to my new makeshift office, work all day w the occasional lunch break to Chipolte (freedom highlight for the day). Finish work around 1800 or so, then hit the rough commute from the garage to the dining room (between the garage from the dining room I can hit traffic at times for I have to go through the laundry room tunnel. This route can often clog up. So, If that route gets to backed up, I sometimes head the back route which is the garage side door pass (way more scenic, but about 8 seconds longer than the laundry tunnel). Anyhow, eventually I get in, have dinner then clean dishes (wife cooks, I clean). Then bath time for the kids then a movie, or reading time. Finally everyone to sleep. AND REPEAT. EVERY. DAY. Suffice it to say, I am beyond over these stay at home orders in So Cal.

So what is the point of my daily life story here? I have no life. So I come on here and whine and complain about the new unis and what Demoff calls horns on a helmet. The one bright spot is the colors, which I like. But I really do not care what some guys have to say on this, I will complain about these new Uni/helmets because I have literally nothing else to do w my free time. And those to tell me to move and accept it... I 100% agree with you guys. But hey, it is what it is.

I still just CANNOT believe we broke the horns... To think this was done by some millennial marketing focus group that probably doesn't have the slightest on how football is even played, let alone our rich history of the horns.

The bottom line, Demoff or anyone in Rams Management is most likely not a Rams Fan. They are suits doing their jobs and making money for Stan. They could move on tomorrow and be wearing a Jets or Chargers logo working for those teams. It's a business. I am even going as far as to guess that Demoff is not even a Football fan. 98% of me thinks that Demoff is a solid Tennis fan or maybe even skeet shooting fanatic, but that is just a hunch. The new Uni's, Colors, and ESPECIALLY the helmets should have been done by a voting system, by REAL TRUE DEEP DOWN Ram Fans. Period.

Go ahead, change my mind.
I hear you... I found that I need to go for at least an hour walk everyday... we are lucky to be surrounded by a lot of forrests so many options..

Problem with your statement is that you need to realise that the problem that the Rams management had to address is that there simply isn’t enough real true deep down rams fans... we see it every home game or rather we don’t see it!!!

So they took the only action they could and hire the millennial marketing guys...

Time will tell but the one thing that is clear is that they are not marketing to you but to the people that are not yet Rams fans.

sanbagger
Veteran

Sat May 23, 2020 2:24 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
Finish work around 1800 or so, then hit the rough commute from the garage to the dining room (between the garage from the dining room I can hit traffic at times for I have to go through the laundry room tunnel. This route can often clog up. So, If that route gets to backed up, I sometimes head the back route which is
Ahh...the ol' laundry tunnel traffic....we have that in my neck of the woods as well....not really a rush hour in that tunnel so it's hard to gauge the times I should avoid, but one thing is certain....if I'm doing something that requires my commute from the backyard and inside the house it will assuredly clog at some point.

I try everything....honking, hand gestures, loud snorts, pleasantries, loving canoodles (those get the worst response)...nothing works except patience or rerouting.

Good luck with your commutes as I'm looking at Sanbagger planning commission to come up with a plan to alleviate the tunnel traffic.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Sat May 23, 2020 6:44 pm

LARAMFAN52 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:28 pm
The horns dont look any less like Ram horns then they ever have to me

Demoff did an awesome job

Go Rams
I can respect that you like the new uniforms. Got no problem with that. BUT, to say they look the same as ever? Now you're just making stuff up.

LARAMFAN52
Veteran

Sat May 23, 2020 7:02 pm

I didn’t say they look the same as ever

I said they look as much like Ram Horns as they ever have

When’s the last time you saw a Ram on a cliff with Golden Horns?

Smooth and sleek with not a ridge line to be found

Real rams horns look like weathered bones and they’re uneven and rough as hell

We’re talking about a decal on a helmet that has a line through it now and is about two and a half to three and a half inches shorter then they use to be

Looks fine to me,but you please knock yourself out bitching and moaning to the universe about it

Any body that matters in the Rams organization does not frequent these boards looking for your input

Rate this topic
  • Information