JOHN WOLFORD on deck

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
Post Reply
User avatar
Safety Blitz
Veteran
Posts: 2439
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:07 pm
Contact:

Mon May 18, 2020 7:33 am

Wolford outplayed Bortles during pre season last year and has the #2 gig locked up. He has many positives that Goff lacks: mobility, pocket awareness, keeps eyes downfield while scrambling, decisive reads, etc...

If he ever gets to start we might have a QB controversy.

Go ahead...I have my gloves up..


"In McVay We Trust!"

ocram23
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2949
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Mon May 18, 2020 7:36 am

dude put this nonsense topic to rest. Jesus is this a relative or gay lover or what???



User avatar
Safety Blitz
Veteran
Posts: 2439
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:07 pm
Contact:

Mon May 18, 2020 7:38 am

Watch the highlights and see.


"In McVay We Trust!"

Yorkshire Ram
Bench Warmer
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:21 am
Contact:

Mon May 18, 2020 8:07 am

Really hope you are right about him because at the moment I'm very worried about our back up QB situation.



Ants
Pro-bowler
Posts: 4809
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am
Contact:

Mon May 18, 2020 8:10 am

Safety Blitz wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:33 am
Wolford outplayed Bortles during pre season last year and has the #2 gig locked up. He has many positives that Goff lacks: mobility, pocket awareness, keeps eyes downfield while scrambling, decisive reads, etc...

If he ever gets to start we might have a QB controversy.

Go ahead...I have my gloves up..

We just drafted 2 backup QBs.
...but I'm going to let you go on with this nonsense because this is "your time". :lol:


The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

User avatar
DMRamFan
Starter
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 am
Location: South Orange County, CA

Mon May 18, 2020 8:25 am

Your gloves up? I’ve never seen anyone ever get so excited about fighting for a backup QB. This topic is exhausting.


Prove me wrong

KBLOCK
Starter
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 8:56 pm
Contact:

Mon May 18, 2020 8:27 am

Ants wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:10 am
Safety Blitz wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:33 am
Wolford outplayed Bortles during pre season last year and has the #2 gig locked up. He has many positives that Goff lacks: mobility, pocket awareness, keeps eyes downfield while scrambling, decisive reads, etc...

If he ever gets to start we might have a QB controversy.

Go ahead...I have my gloves up..

We just drafted 2 backup QBs.
...but I'm going to let you go on with this nonsense because this is "your time". :lol:
The minute I see it is a post from him. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:



Ramsfan08ny
Veteran
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:30 pm
Contact:

Mon May 18, 2020 8:54 am

Weren't you equally excited about the bowler, turned QB a few years ago? I forget his name, but his highlight reel was pretty impressive too.



toast49
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3481
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am
Contact:

Mon May 18, 2020 10:08 am

Wolford could develop into a decent backup maybe.



sanbagger
Veteran
Posts: 2346
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:38 pm
Contact:

Mon May 18, 2020 10:27 am

ocram23 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:36 am
dude put this nonsense topic to rest. Jesus is this a relative or gay lover or what???
No...he does this every year....for some reason he always loves the back-up.

I think Bryce Perkins beats him out...strong armed, good touch, fleet footed and started really coming in to his own. The Rams may be able to hide him on the PS this year as I think they would be hesitant to go with an UDFA as the primary back-up. I wouldn't be surprised to see the good guys sign a QB off the scrap heap if they decide Wolford can't be counted on as the #2 guy and they keep Perkins as the next in line to develop.



RadRacerRams
Veteran
Posts: 1136
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Mon May 18, 2020 12:21 pm

My grandma could out Play Blake Bortles ....... what a douche bag you are safetyDitz.......what the hell did Bortles ever do for the Jaguars....... ?? answer: Absolutely NOTHING........!! yo safetyditz your gloves ain't up anymore Cuz I just knocked your azz out......!!!

I bet you were the Boy in high school that met the Freshmen QB under the Bleachers so you guys could make out......!!! well I guess if you can't get the #1 guy you might as well go for 2nd best.....!!!

Go RAMS : I bet you even wear a Joe Montana jersey to bed at night......LOL



User avatar
UtahRam
Veteran
Posts: 825
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:05 pm

Mon May 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Those goddamn new uniforms really piss me the fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ramsfan08ny
Veteran
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:30 pm
Contact:

Mon May 18, 2020 2:45 pm

UtahRam wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:22 pm
Those goddamn new uniforms really piss me the fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once the uniforms were unveiled, I worried about your mental health Utah. I'm right there with you brother. I wanted to see Aaron Donald trotting out looking like a reincarnation of Deacon.



User avatar
Safety Blitz
Veteran
Posts: 2439
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:07 pm
Contact:

Mon May 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Perez failed to impress when he played briefly in preseason unlike Wolford who played better than his college highlight reel. PEREZ admitted the speed of opposing defensive players hurt him. Wolford conversely looked like a veteran not like a baby fish out of water.


"In McVay We Trust!"

User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1790
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Contact:

Tue May 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:45 pm
I wanted to see Aaron Donald trotting out looking like a reincarnation of Deacon.
1971 was the last season that Deacon Jones played for the Good Guys (sharing the LDE position with rookie Jack Youngblood), so he never wore the royal-blue-&-canary-yellow uniforms of '73-99. Most of his career would have been spent wearing the classic 'white-&-blues' made famous by Roman Gabriel, Merlin Olsen and himself.

Olsen would be a much better comparison, like Aaron Donald he was a DT and also played four years wearing the '73-99 uniforms, which Donald has worn quite a bit as 'throwbacks' during his half-dozen seasons (thus far) with our team. (In fact, to me he did look a whole lot like a "reincarnation" of Olsen at times.)

However, I place no credence in some theory that John Wolford's QB performance bears any responsibility for the design of the current Rams uniforms.

The concept of a two-year-old moving his/her 'temper tantrum' into the living room, even if it was triggered by some puerile frustration in his/her bedroom, that I find quite credible... :lol: 8-) :P

ram pathos...

--The Commish


UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

User avatar
29TheBest
Veteran
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:57 am
Contact:

Wed May 20, 2020 2:35 am

toast49 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:08 am
Wolford could develop into a decent backup maybe.
Exactly!! Quarterback controversy...PLEASE!!!!!



User avatar
ElAcky
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3609
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm
Contact:

Wed May 20, 2020 3:17 am

29TheBest wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:35 am
toast49 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:08 am
Wolford could develop into a decent backup maybe.
Exactly!! Quarterback controversy...PLEASE!!!!!
Happy if he get to Austin DAvis level



Post Reply
Rate this topic
  • Information