Looks like the narrative is starting to shift subtly.

Rate this topic
Post anything NOT related to football here.
toast49
Pro-bowler

Mon May 18, 2020 2:53 pm

Okay you can feel the narrative shifting subtly. First it was stay home or your going to kill someone, now it's staying home can cause health issues. They need people to want to get back to work so the message is going to start to shift by "suggesting" that staying home is bad for you. The sheep really are easy to herd. The message gets repeated over and over and it does have a real effect on the sheep masses.

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 8:05 am

toast49 wrote:
Okay you can feel the narrative shifting subtly. First it was stay home or your going to kill someone, now it's staying home can cause health issues. They need people to want to get back to work so the message is going to start to shift by "suggesting" that staying home is bad for you. The sheep really are easy to herd. The message gets repeated over and over and it does have a real effect on the sheep masses.
Well, I think the message varies based on who is giving it to you. It's been disappointing. Everybody has an agenda. The politicians that want everyone home say one thing, the politicians that want everything open and life is normal say another. Both sides need to come together because we need to open and we need to stay as safe as possible.......

You cannot even believe the scientists or their data. The CDC totally lost me when they were saying we shouldn't wear masks. Remember that? Masks were useless. Common sense told me that was rubbish but most people believed. It turns out that is was a lie because they feared a shortage in healthcare. Here in NJ, if I believe what they are telling me, the tracking, the charts, etc -- hardly anyone has recovered from COVID here. Just more and more cases and close to zero recoveries. Yet, I do know people who got COVID and recovered. My daughter sent people home from her hospital that have recovered. So, why then when I go to their website is everyone either dead or active. I have to wonder, do they just suck that bad at what they do or do they have an agenda here? Either way, I can't believe them if they aren't going to give me good information. The only good data there is is hospitalizations. It the only data that I believe now.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 8:33 am

Rammer wrote:
toast49 wrote:
Well, I think the message varies based on who is giving it to you. It's been disappointing. Everybody has an agenda. The politicians that want everyone home say one thing, the politicians that want everything open and life is normal say another. Both sides need to come together because we need to open and we need to stay as safe as possible.......

You cannot even believe the scientists or their data. The CDC totally lost me when they were saying we shouldn't wear masks. Remember that? Masks were useless. Common sense told me that was rubbish but most people believed. It turns out that is was a lie because they feared a shortage in healthcare. Here in NJ, if I believe what they are telling me, the tracking, the charts, etc -- hardly anyone has recovered from COVID here. Just more and more cases and close to zero recoveries. Yet, I do know people who got COVID and recovered. My daughter sent people home from her hospital that have recovered. So, why then when I go to their website is everyone either dead or active. I have to wonder, do they just suck that bad at what they do or do they have an agenda here? Either way, I can't believe them if they aren't going to give me good information. The only good data there is is hospitalizations. It the only data that I believe now.
don't forget the numbers are not accurate either. this whole thing sticks to no end. I live in CA and Newsom is taking his lead from Pelosi no doubt about that.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 8:47 am

Love the new obvious narrative about Trump being obese and should not be taking anything !!

That made me laugh...

He already said that Pelosi looks pretty good so he will struggle with a comeback.

toast49
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 11:09 am

Rammer wrote:
toast49 wrote:

It's hard to believe anything you hear. Even sidestepping the obvious hysterical and agenda driven media and just looking at numbers doesn't really help because you can't believe those either.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 11:14 am

Trumps going to jail... Pyramid scheme... oh dear.. snowy corrupt ever

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 11:59 am

ElAcky wrote:
Love the new obvious narrative about Trump being obese and should not be taking anything !!

That made me laugh...

He already said that Pelosi looks pretty good so he will struggle with a comeback.
yeah, that was a nasty thing for Pelosi to say and it isn't even accurate. Medically speaking, he is considered obese but not morbidly obese. .. Of course Pelosi is a woman and she can say whatever she likes about a man. if Trump would have said anything near that personal and nasty about a woman, he would then be a sexist.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Rammer wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

That made me laugh...

yeah, that was a nasty thing for Pelosi to say and it isn't even accurate. Medically speaking, he is considered obese but not morbidly obese. .. Of course Pelosi is a woman and she can say whatever she likes about a man. if Trump would have said anything near that personal and nasty about a woman, he would then be a sexist.
I’ll give you a chance to take that back before I post a shot load of evidence about Trumps nasty remarks about woman!!

toast49
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 9:06 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Rammer wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

That made me laugh...

I’ll give you a chance to take that back before I post a shot load of evidence about Trumps nasty remarks about woman!!
You rarely make sense. Your the board moron. I'm not even sure what point your attempting to make.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed May 20, 2020 8:28 am

ElAcky wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:14 am
Trumps going to jail... Pyramid scheme... oh dear.. snowy corrupt ever
if I had a dollar every time you said this I would be retired. he's not going anywhere

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Wed May 20, 2020 11:19 am

ElAcky wrote:
Rammer wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

That made me laugh...

Can you ever put anything at all in perspective? Of course, Trump can get down and dirty with the best of them. The difference is, due to political correctness, Nancy is 'allowed' to be nasty and Trump is not. When Trump says anything close to this, he is a terrible bully. Imagine the outcry if he called a woman 'morbidly obese'.. They will talk about it non stop for days how he bullies women. He is a racist, he is a sexist, blah blah blah.

The other difference of course, is that at we know who Trump is. He is honest to himself.He doesn't pretend. No, he isn't a racist, isn't a sexist but yes he doesn't mind the name calling and so forth. When politically correct Nancy says shit like this, it means she has totally lost control.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Thu May 21, 2020 1:39 am

Slightly off this topic but I think this is an important example of media controls around fake news in another country

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/ ... e-comments

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Thu May 21, 2020 11:58 am

ElAcky wrote:
Slightly off this topic but I think this is an important example of media controls around fake news in another country

It is majorly off topic. But are you equating what a shock jock says with fake news? Nothing a shock jock says is considered news to begin with, so it can't be fake news. It's like saying what Howard Stern says is news. Something that NYTimes or CNN deliberately reports wrong or spins the 'news' to fit their own narrative - this is fake news.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 pm

Rammer wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

It is majorly off topic. But are you equating what a shock jock says with fake news? Nothing a shock jock says is considered news to begin with, so it can't be fake news. It's like saying what Howard Stern says is news. Something that NYTimes or CNN deliberately reports wrong or spins the 'news' to fit their own narrative - this is fake news.
I’m pointing out that they are held to account by a governing body and forced to correct misleading statements or blatant lies.... not a bad place to start

Ants
Pro-bowler

Fri May 22, 2020 8:13 am

ElAcky wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 pm
Rammer wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

I’m pointing out that they are held to account by a governing body and forced to correct misleading statements or blatant lies.... not a bad place to start
So who's gonna hold CNN and MSLSD to account?
NOBODY.
We have the 1st amendment here. Unfortunately, "news" networks can lie and mislead. It's "freedom of speech". There are only a few exceptions to it.

On another note, it's my understanding that politics were just as bad decades and centuries ago here...just the way it is, I guess.
I guess they look at it the way we look at baseball: stealing is wrong, but in baseball you can steal a base and steal signs...so it's not REALLY stealing.
In politics, you can lie and cheat and be a loser...but it's not REALLY wrong to do so. Pretty stupid. :oops:

The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 am

Now we can see,

That the DEMs policies and wanting their power in office,

It can be seen in real life time with this CV issue....

These DEM liberal blue states that want to run things their way,

Its starting to take effect on how they are running it....

You will have independents and those conservative Liberals start to turn on their own liberal government... Especial those that want to go back to work...

The longer those DEMs states that tried to keep holding back ppl from working... it will show in Nov voting these dumb liberal leaders out of office....

I see a landslide win to take back for the House, Senate and Presidency

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat May 23, 2020 1:34 am

69RamFan wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 am
Now we can see,

That the DEMs policies and wanting their power in office,

It can be seen in real life time with this CV issue....

These DEM liberal blue states that want to run things their way,

Its starting to take effect on how they are running it....

You will have independents and those conservative Liberals start to turn on their own liberal government... Especial those that want to go back to work...

The longer those DEMs states that tried to keep holding back ppl from working... it will show in Nov voting these dumb liberal leaders out of office....

I see a landslide win to take back for the House, Senate and Presidency
As far as I can tell the GOP don’t have a “way” to govern...

Their moto seems to be “fuck people, help corporates”

Ants
Pro-bowler

Sat May 23, 2020 6:39 am

ElAcky wrote:

Sure they do - it's called freedom and liberty.
You seem to forget - elected officials serve US...we don't serve THEM. :idea:

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat May 23, 2020 6:48 am

Ants wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

Not sure the connection... and not sure why you see them as supporting freedom? You’ll have to give me examples... if you are using the lockdown as an example then remember many GOP governors also support lock down

Ants
Pro-bowler

Sat May 23, 2020 11:14 am

ElAcky wrote:
Ants wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

Not sure the connection... and not sure why you see them as supporting freedom? You’ll have to give me examples... if you are using the lockdown as an example then remember many GOP governors also support lock down

The examples are everything involved in small government.
Just because some GOP governors support a lock down, it doesn't make it right (or constitutional). Actually, they CAN SUPPORT a lockdown, they just can't DEMAND and IMPLEMENT a lockdown.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat May 23, 2020 11:21 am

Ants wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
Ants wrote:

Just because some GOP governors support a lock down, it doesn't make it right (or constitutional). Actually, they CAN SUPPORT a lockdown, they just can't DEMAND and IMPLEMENT a lockdown.
Guantanamo bay was the unconstitutional... don’t remember people complaining then... nothing unconstitutional about this

Ants
Pro-bowler

Sat May 23, 2020 2:41 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Ants wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

Guantanamo bay was the unconstitutional... don’t remember people complaining then... nothing unconstitutional about this

Guantanamo is in Cuba - rules don't apply there.
Taking away freedoms is unconstitutional. You should learn something about the USA before spouting off.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sun May 24, 2020 12:02 am

Ants wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
Ants wrote:

Taking away freedoms is unconstitutional. You should learn something about the USA before spouting off.
I see,... you are only American in America... nice one !!

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sun May 24, 2020 7:16 am

ElAcky wrote:
Ants wrote:
ElAcky wrote:

once again you are so freakin clueless. places like Gitmo have to exist to protect in order to protect the greater good. the Libs ruined that for this country when they took away the power of Gitmo. Obama came in with his promise to close it down but did he??? Of course not but what he did was weaken it to a point where the HUMINT because obsolete. So you could sit in your pathetic country and armchair QB a location that was essential on the war on terror. quit being so naive

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sun May 24, 2020 8:38 am

ocram23 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:16 am
ElAcky wrote:
Ants wrote:

once again you are so freakin clueless. places like Gitmo have to exist to protect in order to protect the greater good. the Libs ruined that for this country when they took away the power of Gitmo. Obama came in with his promise to close it down but did he??? Of course not but what he did was weaken it to a point where the HUMINT because obsolete. So you could sit in your pathetic country and armchair QB a location that was essential on the war on terror. quit being so naive
So much for freedom, law and order etc.. another lie

At the end of the day the US created al Qaeda when they armed the taliban to fight the Russians in Afghanistan.. all just came around to haunt them and they even lost they morals in the process,.

Rate this topic
  • Information