It really is sad but the Chargers have outdone us

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
NN1Badboy
Veteran

Mon May 18, 2020 7:41 pm

Still stewing over these ugly ass mix and match uniforms. Our home and away jerseys are not even the same style. But I should be used to it by now. They have disappointed me many times over the years.

I recently read comments from JJ where he said if you don’t like it, find another team. If I hadn’t been a Rams fan for so long then I would be looking after a dumbass comment like that.

We are going to be sharing our stadium with the Chargers and they look better than we do. Anyone who thinks the Rams new jerseys are better than the new ones the Charges put out are completely out of their minds. I think they went a little overboard with all the lightning bolts, but the color scheme is very nice. I’m glad our players like them. Maybe they will start playing a little better this year.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABBY

Rammo
Bench Warmer

Mon May 18, 2020 8:03 pm

We look better if we win more games and then the playoffs and then the Super Bowl-don't worry about the uniforms!! They are just tenants in our stadium we own LA!!

Claremontram
Veteran

Mon May 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Chargers will be back in SD within 5 years. SD is where they belong. Good loyal fans down there waiting for them.

Raminec
Veteran

Mon May 18, 2020 8:27 pm

What is sad is another stupid uniform post. Can’t wait until the focus on this board is back on playing football and not fashion. How many more posts like this do we have to sift through? Hopefully this’ll be the last.

Commish
Veteran

Mon May 18, 2020 8:56 pm

So being 0-0 in the AFC West is better than being 0-0 in the NFC West, hmmmm?

Or is it that one conference championship is better than four, and *zero* Super Bowl victories is better than one?

"Outdone," hmmmm...?? :P :lol: :?:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

war room warrior
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 6:25 am

Commish wrote:

Or is it that one conference championship is better than four, and *zero* Super Bowl victories is better than one?

ram pathos...

--The Commish

C O R R E C T !!!!! HOW Can you say OUTDONE ??
1E2CD78B-BCB8-4DC9-8CA7-39A1914075EC.png
930D63EF-9E5F-414F-A8AF-84E22A6F467D.png
I LOVE the new uniforms
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

harkin
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 7:28 am

New uniforms are a joke but it is what it is.

Go Rams!!

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 7:35 am

I don't understand the obsession with the uni's. I wanted traditional late 60's but you can't please everybody. These are a more modern look and they aren't that bad. They look pretty similar to the chargers. So how the fu have they out done us?

harkin
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 7:50 am

Rammer wrote:
I don't understand the obsession with the uni's
Pointing out they crapped the bed with the uniform re-do is not obsession. Some of us lifelong fans have been waiting years to get away from that hideous St.Louis beige to get back to Ram blue & yellow/gold, instead we got Best Buy pajamas w broken horn helmets.

I can’t believe some Ram fans still fail to understand this.

The new threads are pretty pathetic, they are going to hear about it for awhile.

RadRacerRams
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 7:56 am

Commish wrote:

ram pathos...

--The Commish
Now you've done it Commish you just shot his theory all to hell...... 8-)

Go Rams : the 1999 World Champs......Charges are still just Chumps.......

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 8:04 am

Raminec wrote:
What is sad is another stupid uniform post. Can’t wait until the focus on this board is back on playing football and not fashion. How many more posts like this do we have to sift through? Hopefully this’ll be the last.
It's ridiculous.

I realize people don't have a lot going on in their lives right now. But my god, read a book. Binge a TV show. Do some fucking thing.

Enough about logos and uniforms. You sound like children that didn't get their way. Time to grow up.

A Logo Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down. A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 8:23 am

harkin wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:50 am
Rammer wrote:
I don't understand the obsession with the uni's
Pointing out they crapped the bed with the uniform re-do is not obsession. Some of us lifelong fans have been waiting years to get away from that hideous St.Louis beige to get back to Ram blue & yellow/gold, instead we got Best Buy pajamas w broken horn helmets.

I can’t believe some Ram fans still fail to understand this.

The new threads are pretty pathetic, they are going to hear about it for awhile.
Thank you. I’m glad someone else understands my pain.

And for you Commish, this has nothing to do with records or history. This thread was about all the time we had to get the uniform correct and we have been outdone by the Chargers as far as the uniforms go.

What does going 1-3 in Super Bowls have to do with our uniforms? That just shows that we struggle to win in the big game losing three times as much as we win.

Hell, Buffalo made it to the Super Bowl four times in a row, but they lost all of them. So, i’ll ask again, what does history have to do with these pathetic uniforms?

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 8:54 am

Claremontram wrote:
Chargers will be back in SD within 5 years. SD is where they belong. Good loyal fans down there waiting for them.
there is no way spanos is moving that team back to SD unless he has a stadium in which the city of SD pays for. And that my friend aint gonna happen in our lifetime. The people of SD have already voted it down twice. Spanos is a douche no doubt about it SD supported their team. BUT the people of SD have nobody to blame but themselves. Furthermore there was a huge divide on where the new stadium should be built. SD should have an NFL team no doubt but IMO it won't happen.

sanbagger
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 9:24 am

ocram23 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:54 am
Claremontram wrote:
there is no way spanos is moving that team back to SD unless he has a stadium in which the city of SD pays for. And that my friend aint gonna happen in our lifetime. The people of SD have already voted it down twice. Spanos is a douche no doubt about it SD supported their team. BUT the people of SD have nobody to blame but themselves. Furthermore there was a huge divide on where the new stadium should be built. SD should have an NFL team no doubt but IMO it won't happen.
I agree OC....Spanos doesn't have deep enough pockets to build his own stadium and demanded SD build him one downtown (of course he was gonna chip in)...people of SD voted it down...then add that he pays 1 dollar annual rent

Raminec
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 9:31 am

harkin wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:28 am

New uniforms are a joke but it is what it is.

Go Rams!!
A more appropriate comparison.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 10:40 am

D-GenerationX wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:04 am
Raminec wrote:
It's ridiculous.

I realize people don't have a lot going on in their lives right now. But my god, read a book. Binge a TV show. Do some fucking thing.

Enough about logos and uniforms. You sound like children that didn't get their way. Time to grow up.
Apparently, you like to do the same thing many of us do. Talk Ram football. Unfortunately, because of the state of the league right now, we are limited to what to discuss. Players aren't playing, season is in jeopardy. One thing constant is the shit bag pajama uniforms. When Jeff Fishers shit show was drinking the place up, that's all we talked about. Now the uniforms are stinking up the joint, they deserve the discussion they are getting. If you think that crotch rocket motor cycle helmet is worthy of the Rams, that's your opinion. Personally, I don't.

Commish
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 10:43 am

NN1Badboy wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:23 am

What does going 1-3 in Super Bowls have to do with our uniforms? That just shows that we struggle to win in the big game losing three times as much as we win.
Going 1-3 in Super Bowls is better than going 0-1, because it means having won four conference championships and one modern-era NFL title.

The Broncos at one point were 0-4 in Super Bowls, all four losses being one-sided and two of them rather humiliating, yet now they've won their last three--so I don't necessarily believe that "The past is prologue" for the Good Guys.

If you're trying to defend the Chargers' competitive record, losing in big games isn't something I'd bring up myself.

If you like them better than our team in a Parisienne fashion show rather than on the NFL gridiron, that's merely your personal perspective... ;) :lol: :P

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UtahRam
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 11:11 am

The Chargers new uniforms are boss as fuck. The RAMS went from first to worst with that gaudy, garish, blueberry, banana, chrome, shitfest, clown costume. Bone color, my ass.

Commish
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 12:27 pm

Raminec wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:31 am
[qu

A more appropriate comparison.
Agreed!

To me, that's the best of our team's three current uniforms, it has a nice contrast between the royal blue of the jersey and the 'sunrise' yellow of the pants--which thankfully don't have a 'gradient' blue stripe.

Now, if we could just eliminate those 'gradient' numbers on the jersey for solid yellow instead... 8-) :idea: :geek:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 12:44 pm

The photos above tell the whole story. You have Marshall Faulk in a bad-ass, tough as nails uniform. Now look at Josh Reynolds in that soft and soothing -make you wanna have a pajama party get-up. it almost hurts my eyes.

Commish
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:44 pm
The photos above tell the whole story. You have Marshall Faulk in a bad-ass, tough as nails uniform. Now look at Josh Reynolds in that soft and soothing -make you wanna have a pajama party get-up. it almost hurts my eyes.
So don't look at it then, it's that simple!

Of course, the entire analogy is 100% invalid anyway--until we have actual game-action photographs of Aaron Donald, Cooper Kupp, Cam Akers, etc. performing on the gridiron in the current uniforms, no valid comparison can be made.

Then again, the idea that some sort of aesthetic uniform 'toughness' makes an NFL team play better, I've never been convinced by that supposed reasoning anyway.

The home royal-blue-&-canary-yellow uniform, which Marshall Faulk is shown attired in, was worn by the Rams in only one of their four Super Bowl appearances--it may have looked 'tougher' than the bland Patriots away uniform, yet I still hardly enjoyed that game's outcome... ;) :? :x

ram pathos...

--The Commish

Brewmen
Bench Warmer

Tue May 19, 2020 1:46 pm

NN1Badboy wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:41 pm
Still stewing over these ugly ass mix and match uniforms. Our home and away jerseys are not even the same style. But I should be used to it by now. They have disappointed me many times over the years.

I recently read comments from JJ where he said if you don’t like it, find another team. If I hadn’t been a Rams fan for so long then I would be looking after a dumbass comment like that.

We are going to be sharing our stadium with the Chargers and they look better than we do. Anyone who thinks the Rams new jerseys are better than the new ones the Charges put out are completely out of their minds. I think they went a little overboard with all the lightning bolts, but the color scheme is very nice. I’m glad our players like them. Maybe they will start playing a little better this year.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABBY
Seen on Rams wire what it would look like if they had blue pants or yellow pants with bone jersey, they look pretty good with that combo but then again Demoff said no to that idea. Take a look on Rams Wire.

harkin
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 1:52 pm

They have a poll to show how awesome the new uniforms are - it fails.

They compare uniforms with the Chargers to show how awesome they are - it fails.

You show them awesome traditional Ram uniforms from the past to show them what awesome really is compared to the new unis - they tell you not to look at it.

Sooner or later they’re going to figure out just how big a fail this is.

Until then, “shut up!” they explained.

eas-rams
Starter

Tue May 19, 2020 4:49 pm

Raminec wrote:
LOL. TRUE.

Rate this topic
  • Information