Gov. Newsom "PRO SPORTS in JUNE but...

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
DMRamFan
Starter

Tue May 19, 2020 8:42 am

With NO Spectators and only IF we continue the downward trend line of Covid cases. So it is looking hopeful. details to be released Monday.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2020/0 ... wsom-fans/

I have had this debate about this topic w some Ram pals around Orange County and I wanted to bring this to our forum. The debate we're having is, ok let's say we do open up in June and Baseball and Basketball starts... That goes well, so we then open up the NFL.

- How would you guys feel with no fans in our new stadium? What would that be like?

for me, I would be ok w no fans I guess. Some sports are better than NO sports. Yes, it will prob be like watching a Marlins w no fans. BUT better than no sports and our teams not having to play in AZ/NV areas.

- If they did allow fans, would you feel comfortable going?

There is the hot issue of no one really doing much until we have a vaccine. A lot of people here in LA and OC are so beyond these stay at home orders. People are their wit's end. They chant herd mentality. People need to provide for their families and get to work.

- Will the rules for the NFL be the same as what MLB just put you?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/291 ... y-protocol

WE WANT OUR LIVES and SPORTS BACK. But how do we do it?

Prove me wrong

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 8:46 am

DMRamFan wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:42 am
With NO Spectators and only IF we continue the downward trend line of Covid cases. So it is looking hopeful. details to be released Monday.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2020/0 ... wsom-fans/

I have had this debate about this topic w some Ram pals around Orange County and I wanted to bring this to our forum. The debate we're having is, ok let's say we do open up in June and Baseball and Basketball starts... That goes well, so we then open up the NFL.

- How would you guys feel with no fans in our new stadium? What would that be like?

for me, I would be ok w no fans I guess. Some sports are better than NO sports. Yes, it will prob be like watching a Marlins w no fans. BUT better than no sports and our teams not having to play in AZ/NV areas.

- If they did allow fans, would you feel comfortable going?

There is the hot issue of no one really doing much until we have a vaccine. A lot of people here in LA and OC are so beyond these stay at home orders. People are their wit's end. They chant herd mentality. People need to provide for their families and get to work.

- Will the rules for the NFL be the same as what MLB just put you?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/291 ... y-protocol

WE WANT OUR LIVES and SPORTS BACK. But how do we do it?
IMO you won't see fans in the seats until there is a vaccine. I truly don't believe Newsom will ever let that happen until we have an answer for COVID.

Claremontram
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 12:35 pm

I'm cool with watching it on TV . Fans should not be in the stadium until we have this thing under control. Fans sitting 6 feet apart? Now there's a concept.

The Airlines are all for social distancing and then they cram people into every seat on these airliners. Stadiums can't be doing the same.

sanbagger
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Claremontram wrote:
I'm cool with watching it on TV . Fans should not be in the stadium until we have this thing under control. Fans sitting 6 feet apart? Now there's a concept.

The Airlines are all for social distancing and then they cram people into every seat on these airliners. Stadiums can't be doing the same.
Airlines are not cramming people in every seat...I just flew out to Hawaii and didn't have anyone sitting next to me on any leg....not 6 feet but far from cramming every seat full like usual.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Tue May 19, 2020 4:01 pm

sanbagger wrote:
Claremontram wrote:

Airlines are not cramming people in every seat...I just flew out to Hawaii and didn't have anyone sitting next to me on any leg....not 6 feet but far from cramming every seat full like usual.
That's not true about cramming seats...

United are having problems and they are starting to cram seats..

cause they are flying a lot less to normal destination.....

So now they have no choice but to fill up those seats...

sanbagger
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 5:58 pm

69RamFan wrote:
sanbagger wrote:
Claremontram wrote:

I flew last week and the airports were considerably lighter than I have ever experienced. I travel frequently, and have for the last 25+ years, and I can tell you what I saw.

If within the last week they have started filling them up I can't say....been in quarantine for 1 week with another to go and have been binge watching Grimm...LOL.

What I posted was absolutely the truth as I was there

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Tue May 19, 2020 7:01 pm

sanbagger wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:58 pm
69RamFan wrote:
sanbagger wrote:

I flew last week and the airports were considerably lighter than I have ever experienced. I travel frequently, and have for the last 25+ years, and I can tell you what I saw.

If within the last week they have started filling them up I can't say....been in quarantine for 1 week with another to go and have been binge watching Grimm...LOL.

What I posted was absolutely the truth as I was there
I wasn't saying it didn't happen to you,,,

I saw it on the news about United.
I'm just saying the airlines will be cutting back flights..
I have a buddy who is a pilot and that's what he told me..

Claremontram
Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 7:19 pm

I have no first hand experience either. News reports indicate crowded planes. Perhaps they are addressing it now.

I have been working from home since the 1st week of March. I'm going stir crazy.

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 7:23 am

No fans is obviously not ideal. But when the alternative is literally nothing, I'll roll with it.

I would go to a game if allowed, yes. You've just locked me in my house for this will be my 8th week. If that didn't "stop the spread", then what the hell will?

At some point, not the best metaphor in these times I realize, you gotta rip off the band aid.

A Logo Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down. A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed May 20, 2020 7:51 am

sanbagger wrote:
Claremontram wrote:

maybe it's the destination for you but I have been on 2 flights now and both of them didn't have one seat available..

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 8:38 am

There is pic after pic of totally full flights. It's happening.

A Logo Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down. A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.

DMRamFan
Starter

Wed May 20, 2020 8:42 am

Story after story like this w flights.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fresno ... 17241.html

Sad we can’t open Churches (even in keeping w CDC guidelines and NOT having kid classes), yet we can pack flights and open pot shops. Just doesn’t make sense. Seats are so small on flights now, So you want to tell me pretty much sitting on top of someone is safe? I get it, flights are hemorrhaging money right now so they have to do what they have to do survive. But what an oxymoron to me is that the government mandates the stay at home order and we can’t even meet in a group of five or more in California (Even at 6 feet apart)… But yet flights can be so packed that you are literally rubbing each other for hours at a time.
Last edited by DMRamFan on Wed May 20, 2020 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Prove me wrong

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed May 20, 2020 8:46 am

D-GenerationX wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:38 am
There is pic after pic of totally full flights. It's happening.
absolutely. Think about it if American Airlines has 5 flights from NY to LA and they cut those flights down to 2 it's going to be full. Wait until Hawaii opens up the flights over there are going to be a joke.

unclesams
Veteran

Thu May 21, 2020 1:58 pm

Claremontram wrote:

Excellent point!! Airlines are still packing them aboard with seating much closer than stadium seating. I feel a plan of checking temperatures and mandatory wearing of mask during the games unless eating or drinking should be mandatory to keep the games going....Hell, I would still go!!

sanbagger
Veteran

Thu May 21, 2020 6:38 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:42 am
Story after story like this w flights.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fresno ... 17241.html

Sad we can’t open Churches (even in keeping w CDC guidelines and NOT having kid classes), yet we can pack flights and open pot shops. Just doesn’t make sense. Seats are so small on flights now, So you want to tell me pretty much sitting on top of someone is safe? I get it, flights are hemorrhaging money right now so they have to do what they have to do survive. But what an oxymoron to me is that the government mandates the stay at home order and we can’t even meet in a group of five or more in California (Even at 6 feet apart)… But yet flights can be so packed that you are literally rubbing each other for hours at a time.
Even this article you posted shows Airline traffic on the Nation wide is down 95-97% from last year.

All I'm stating was my trip and visiting 3 airports (lay overs...ugh) and going off of the fact I'm a frequent traveler the people traffic is way down on airlines.

Let's be clear...I am not saying you can't/won't find articles just like you posted just my experience and the airlines were completely respectful of social distancing and asked everyone to maintain the wearing of masks...I can give examples of the what the airlines did

1) They boarded differently than normal...they boarded by 4 or 5 rows at a time from the back to the front so to minimize people in proximity.
2) They had established standing spots when waiting to board and broadcast time and again to maintain 6 feet.
3) They issued a bag with water and chips as they were not going to have a service on the plane
4) One row had 3 abreast and they relocated them so they would not be seated next to others.
5) They requested all maintain masks on board during the flight and if anyone needed a mask they offered to provide one.

Rate this topic
  • Information