Preseason

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
Simdaddy
Bench Warmer

Thu May 21, 2020 1:56 pm

Not sure how many games we will have but I think its fair to say that McVays style of not playing starters needs to change this year. New coordinators, Oline that needs work ( Im playing everyone minus Whit) and essentially a new LB core . These guys all need to play in preseason.. Thoughts?

RamPower
Pro-bowler

Thu May 21, 2020 3:04 pm

If Whit doesn't play (which he won't) then either will Goff IMO. Everybody else on O sure, but very light w/ Kupp and Woods for instance. Pretty much a no (play) for Donald and Ramsey on D…

So yeah, everybody else on the team will probably follow the typical NFL preseason script.

armyram
Veteran

Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 pm

There’s so many arguments for or against starters playing during preseason. But I think our Offense definitely needs to get some reps in just to work on game speed timing. Yes, injuries are always a risk but always have been. Don’t want to start off slow and hear the same ole excuse about shaking off the rust. Definitely a damned if you do or damned if you don’t!

harkin
Hall of Famer

Fri May 22, 2020 12:39 am

armyram wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 pm
Don’t want to start off slow and hear the same ole excuse about shaking off the rust.
Starting slow with this NFC West lineup would be extra bad.

RAMFAN71
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 5:32 am

I am not a big fan of having starters out there due to the fact they may get hurt. But I don't know, these guys are all paid to perform and injury can always happen. So yes- I would play the guys with a very few exceptions- mainly proven starters. (AD, Goff, Kupp, Woods, JR, Whit, Higbee). The rest need to see the field and sync up. Lot of new guys and players coming off injury who have yet the see the field in over a year.

"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

Safety Blitz
Pro-bowler

Fri May 29, 2020 8:01 am

The oline should play a lot sans Whit.

"In McVay We Trust!"

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri May 29, 2020 10:59 am

In the past,

the starters have played during Camp/practices with other teams,,, Chargers Ravens, Dallas,

Those practice were valuable, because they used McVay's playbook and not some basic pre-season playbook..

I see no use for the main starters to play in pre-season, except for the rookies and back up players since they will only be using a basic playbook....

The pre-season games for me, are those that are trying to make the team for backup positions and ST players...

I have no problem with the way McVay does during camp and pre-season.

Safety Blitz
Pro-bowler

Sun May 31, 2020 12:59 pm

The o line should play a half of every preseason game. MCVAY admitted he's in the process of discovering who the the best players are other than Whit and Hav.

"In McVay We Trust!"

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Sun May 31, 2020 1:20 pm

Safety Blitz wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 12:59 pm
The o line should play a half of every preseason game. MCVAY admitted he's in the process of discovering who the the best players are other than Whit and Hav.
They didn't sign Blythe to sit either,,

He will be our starting Center...

The competition will be with both of our guards position....

One of those position will be filled by Edwards, either L or R,

So that leaves Corbett at the other position, with Evans as the Swing Tackle/Guard....

Corbett could slide over to Center if Blythe was to get injured, and Evans fill in at Guard...

Anchrum a backup Guard and maybe center....

Allen is only a center,,, to small for another position...

Noteboom and Allen are coming off of knee injuries,,, with Note having the harder injury.....

I think Note will be added to the PUP, IMO

Safety Blitz
Pro-bowler

Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:07 am

Good post 69..thanks

"In McVay We Trust!"

UK Rams Fan
Veteran

Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:29 am

Just glad we got 3 pre-season games in our own stadium. The other one in LV ain't too bad either...

Rate this topic
  • Information