We lost a Rams brother

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
bigklein
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 8:16 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

NorCal, I’m so sorry to hear this. I’ve actually stayed away from this site and many others over the past two weeks because my dad (an old NY Giants fan) died unexpectedly in Upstate NY, but he was thirty years older than your poor brother. I flew from SF to Albany as soon as my mother called. The pandemic context can make death and grieving that much more surreal: the distancing, the masks, the empty airports... If you want someone to watch a game with, just reach out. Take care.

RamPower
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Certainly the saddest thing I've ever read on this board. My brother and I have always had the extreme Rams bond as well. I'm sure big parts of your brother will always live thru you, family and friends.

RIP Rams Brother.

butch58
Bench Warmer

Sat May 23, 2020 9:40 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:55 pm
Two weeks ago we lost a Rams brother who is also my brother. He left this world unexpectedly at the age of 52 leaving behind a family who loved him dearly including a wife and two daughters age 7 and 5. His death was caused by a sudden health issue.

He was most of us as a diehard fan of this team. Never missed a game and this team was apart of his life 12 months a year. Mind you never a poster in this forum but as big of a fan as there was. His past job for 20+ years, he was VP for a corporate sponsor of the NFL, afforded him the opportunity to meet and talk one on one with Ram greats when they played that one game in Europe every year. Greats like Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt. I have those pictures of him and them that meant so much to him and now take on a special meaning to me.

Personally these last 3 weeks, he was in a induced coma for a week before he passed, has been beyond imaginable in regards to the pain. Couldn’t do anything, including coming onto this site which you all know is a daily thing with me, because I have been beyond lost. He was the person I watched every Ram game with the past 3 years once him and his family moved back to the Bay Area here in NorCal. He was the person I went to every Niner/Ram game with up here every year plus the Raiders those few times we play them. Even when in Europe he flew over here every year for the niner/Ram game. We had said we were going to our first game at SoFI this year and were waiting on the schedule to come out to determine the game. We had just two weeks earlier text nonstop about the draft those 3 days. Like I said this team meant so much to him. He meant so much to us.
Sorry for your loss Norcal. I just lost my brother recently and you can't help but remember the years growing up developing a love for football. He was four years younger than I and I took him to his first Rams game at the Coliseum. I was about 12-13 and he was 8 or 9, in those days there was free football for kids if they came with an adult.

We hopped on a bus , got there and asked any older guy if we could go in with them. They obliged and in we were. We ended up in the front row with a close in view of Terry Baker as a flanker and Bill Munson as our QB. In those days the Fearsome Foursome were just formulating and George Allen would be our next coach.

Cheers to your brother and mine...

UK Rams Fan
Starter

Thu May 28, 2020 8:09 am

Condolences to you and your family from across the pond NorCal.

Jdmx2
Rookie

Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 am

R.I.P my Ram brother. His spirit and other passed brothers lives in each one of us, as we will continue to cheer for our Rams.
Thoughts and prayers to your family

Faulk28allworld
Starter

Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 am

My condolences, and prayers to you and your family to get through this.

Idaho_Ram
Veteran

Thu May 28, 2020 2:10 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss NorCal. Words are inadequate. I can't imagine what you are trying to process right now, but just know that this band of digital brothers is with you! May God richly bless and comfort you and your family.

Rate this topic
  • Information