Poll: Will there be NFL 2020?

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
Rams57
Starter

Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:09 am

Latest post of the previous page:

EIAcky has the right to post anything he wants to post. He deserves to be shown some respect, let him speak his mind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rams57
Starter

Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:13 am

I'm gonna go way out on a limb and say, maybe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

luckenbill56
Starter

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:45 pm

Personally I doubt anyone really knows very much about this virus? Hell we cannot even cure the common cold. Blaming anyone in this country is wrong. Nevertheless, I believe the Chinese knew exactly what they were doing and what the consequences would be. Telling their own population you cannot travel in your country, but go ahead and spread the virus abroad is exactly what they did.

Commish
Veteran

Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:42 pm

Right now, I'm figuring probably not.

NFL football is my favorite spectator sport, however having a season of it is not worth a single life.

Possibly some sort of eight-game regular season starting in mid-November might turn out to be feasible, yet even that strikes me as rather unlikely... ;) :? :roll:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

harkin
Pro-bowler

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:51 pm

Leaning more ‘NO’ every day.

toast49
Pro-bowler

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:42 pm

Yes. Full stadiums. This is America. Brave men. No cowards

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:42 pm

record number of cases yesterday.... more unlikely every day.

LARAMFAN52
Veteran

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:01 am

The virus is losing potency
More cases because of more testing

Deaths are way down
Virus is mutating to less lethal

NFL happens in Red States only

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:00 pm

LARAMFAN52 wrote:

Deaths are way down

Resident expert.... luckily Florida isn’t cooking the books to show lower cases and deaths then

RamPower
Veteran

Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm

LARAMFAN52 wrote:

Deaths are way down

Red States certainly haven't been spared recently, so not sure about that being a plus?

Sure, more testing = more cases, so?. Testing shows those infected and those that aren't. That's a good thing obviously. Increased testing can also show a rate going down. Regardless, increased testing is increase accuracy. Worrying about numbers (for those that "play " with numbers) is idiotic.

But to be real, focusing on death rates and hospital crowding is probably more to the point. And yes, deaths were doing good...until the last few days. And of course death rates can be quite a ways back behind infections, so don't yet take your eyes off the ball as it's screaming toward your skull.

And that ball is showing areas where hospitals are becoming full again. That's where a worse case situation arises.

So testing, tracing and isolation. That's what we want, to the tune of another 10 times more proper testing is likely needed (12 hours to receive a test in some places isn't working). It's because the US population is so fucking large we need the huge testing numbers, but regardless, stop worrying about what other countries are doing with infections. Who the hell cares about their false numbers? I just worry about our bullshit numbers being passed along. Let's just do things to be transparent and effective.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:37 pm

Looking less and less likely...

Someone said that games only non Rep states.. even less likely now!!

zackn
Veteran

Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:05 am

LARAMFAN52 wrote:

Deaths are way down

Every statement you make there is actually false.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the virus is becoming less lethal. It is however infecting a much younger population, and (so far) they tend to have fewer fatalities.

And absolutely no, there are not more cases because of more testing. We know this because HOSPITALIZATIONS are spiking. That has nothing to do with how many are tested. You are hospitalized if you are sick, and more people being sick is not a result of more testing, it's a result of the virus spreading to more people.

==
from. https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/06/28/co ... on-surges/

...many of the states with case surges are also seeing increases in their positive test rates. This means that the states’ surges in positive tests are outpacing the expansions of their testing capabilities.

Hospitalization numbers, which are unaffected by increased testing, also provide evidence of increased spread of the virus, though not quite to the same extent as new cases.

A CNBC analysis found that 14 states saw upticks in COVID-19 hospitalizations, and Axios reported that seven states “have set records for the number of people hospitalized with coronavirus.”

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:21 am

Deaths are down because us older and vulnerable folk still respect the virus. Cases are spiking because the younger, less vulnerable may have let their guard down. Unfortunately, the stronger victims still have the ability to pass it along.

Yorkshire Ram
Bench Warmer

Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:05 am

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:21 am
Deaths are down because us older and vulnerable folk still respect the virus. Cases are spiking because the younger, less vulnerable may have let their guard down. Unfortunately, the stronger victims still have the ability to pass it along.
Absolutely spot on.

The more that disregard the potency of this virus, the less chance of an NFL season.

Until the younger people realise that they can carry and spread without showing serious symptoms themselves, this could drag on.

But let's be honest, the generation that are disregarding the rules the most are those that supposedly care about everything & everyone.... until it gets in the way of doing what they want to do.

Training camps are supposed to be reporting on time, but surely that's unlikely?

toast49
Pro-bowler

Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:26 pm

I think maybe they will cancel the season. Wouldn't be the same with empty stadiums. I mean does the NFL want to risk having players get it then taking it home and killing someone. Don't think they'll want to deal with that.

Utah Rams Fan
Veteran

Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:56 pm

There won’t be any NFL in my house if I see kneeling and a bunch of other bullshit, that’s for sure. Looks like MLB will be underway in July.

Fan since 1969

Hacksaw
Starter

Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:47 pm

At this rate I highly doubt. Hope I'm wrong tho..

THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF,,,,,,, WAS

toast49
Pro-bowler

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:25 pm

I think a break from pro sports is a good thing. Lot's of changes this year and I think the crazy money sports makes is going to change too. Interesting times.

toast49
Pro-bowler

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:03 pm

Honestly. Anyone give a fuck about the up coming season? I don't

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:53 am

Will be interesting to see if people break from upcoming camps.... the first to break will cause a snow ball effect with others.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:55 am

toast49 wrote:
I found that my life goes on without baseball found plenty of other interests to do with my time. I have no interest in a 60 games MLB season. I love football. I love Rams football. I would survive it with a year off. I have a feeling that I am not a minority with this . Might be an eye opener with professional sports.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:03 am

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:55 am
toast49 wrote:
I found that my life goes on without baseball found plenty of other interests to do with my time. I have no interest in a 60 games MLB season. I love football. I love Rams football. I would survive it with a year off. I have a feeling that I am not a minority with this . Might be an eye opener with professional sports.
I’ve kind of lost my interest in many of the sports I follow... the break may have weaned me off them!!!

More interested in politics to be honest...

Love the Rams but if the season doesn’t happen, wouldn’t be the end for me... funny how things change!

Maybe when they get going again I’ll get back into it.

DMRamFan
Veteran

Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:33 pm

95% chance it is a no go. Gov Newsome just announced this:

“Tomorrow July 1st we’ll be making some additional announcements on efforts to use that ‘dimmer switch’ that I referred to and begin to toggle back on our stay at home order and tighten things up... again.
The framework for us is this if you’re not going to stay home and you’re gonna not gonna wear mask in public we have to force and I’ll be making announcements on enforcement tomorrow”

Which pretty much means he is planning on shutting everything down again. Gyms, Restaurants, Golf Courses, Etc. Which if this does occur, I may just lose my flipping mind. Being in for now 3 months. I am not built to sit at home. Just getting back into shape w workouts. Getting on a golf course to me is beyond needed (my escape). Then to close restaurants again. Just so upsetting. I am actually into the HERD mentality at this point. Keep the older and hi risk indoors. I just can't take this shut down a lot longer. (Don't go calling the police or anything, I am not literally going to lose my mind, but you know what I mean, especially if you have small children and they cannot go to school, playgrounds, beach, parks at all, all while trying to work).

Change my mind

majik
Veteran

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:57 pm

Here in NJ our governor postponed the reopening of indoor dining at restaurants due to what he terms as “knucklehead” behavior (basically people going back to pre-COVID behavior.

Murphy announced last week the state would permit indoor dining at eateries starting Thursday, with 25% capacity limits and other restrictions. But he signed an executive order Monday pausing those plans, citing fear over rising cases in other states, as well as how New Jersey has seen some packed crowds of “knuckleheads” at some bars and restaurants ignoring social-distancing guidelines in the two weeks since outdoor dining has been allowed.

Murphy said his administration is reviewing all options to crack down on those who clearly violate outdoor dining rules by potentially targeting liquor licenses and “other weapons we have at our disposal.” He was not more specific. Nor would he say if any bars or restaurants have already been issued citations for violating guidelines.

If people would just get their heads out of their asses and as that viral Michael Rappaport video screams “WEAR A FUCKING MASK” (he goes off on the idiots who think they know more than medical experts and/or those who think they are constitutional scholars because they watch Law and Order). It’s worth a watch.

Life has changed. Arizona has apparently activated a triage protocol for determining who gets access to ICU beds since they are maxed out at the moment (Death Panels anyone?). I would like to make an addition to their protocols: if you don’t want to wear an f-ing mask, you go behind people who do when it comes to access to rationed medical care when hospitals become overwhelmed and can’t handle everyone.

Rate this topic
  • Information