So Vegas has the Rams winning...

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
SinCityRam
Bench Warmer

Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:43 pm

Ouch. What do you guys think of this? No surprise to most of us, I was just shocked that basically almost all betting money is for the rams being shit this coming season. Assuming we’re lucky enough to have a full season..

We all know this is driven by the ridiculous narrative that since we don’t have Todd Gurley and Brandin Cooks on the team we are therefore now useless and can no longer competitively play or coach in the NFL anymore. Give me a fucking break.

Coach McVay should post this up in the locker room for the guys to see for some added motivation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you ram it just right, you can ram it all night.

-Eric Dickerson

99rams
Veteran

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:44 pm

We went 3-0 last season and only won 6 more games. We need to dominate to shake this line of thinking and we are bringing up the rear on paper. Good teams find ways not to lose by 1 point in Seattle and last year we weren’t even good. If we play in 2020 the leaders need to come forth early and often.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:13 am

the so called experts obviously do not have a lot of faith in the O line. I think this along with the fact our LB crew is untested. I think our RB's will be fine but they are untested as well. this doesn't surprise me at all. no big deal just prove them wrong.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:25 am

I wouldn’t be too worried about Vegas odds!!

malibu
Veteran

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:52 pm

Rams are more well rounded this year and we don't have to worry about Gurley's carry count or Cooks concussion issues. Goff had a year last year that really prepares him for 2020. McVay saw the deficiencies in the Defense and addressed them. Even though I worry about our ILB speed. I watched a replay last night of NE v Balt and NE had a ton of short swing passes to the backs and underneath routes over the middle that require fast ILBs hope we have an answer for that especially after losing Littleton.

I am going to take McVay/Snead at their word on the OL and assume they will be hugely improved.

Take the over we go minimumly 11-5 because Goff is a superstar QB imo and McVay is the 2nx best coach in the league again imo. The DL is great same with the WRs and Secondary as a whole.

harkin
Pro-bowler

Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:05 pm

SinCityRam wrote:
We all know this is driven by the ridiculous narrative that since we don’t have Todd Gurley and Brandin Cooks on the team we are therefore now useless and can no longer competitively play or coach in the NFL anymore.
I don’t know anyone who thinks our problems are losing Gurley and Cooks.

The main thing I’m hearing from the doubters is that we didn’t do enough to address the O-Line and the defense and that the league’s DCs have figured out how to scheme for McVay’s offense.

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:18 pm

I think we are better than last year, BUT our division is also much improved. I think the Seachickens drop big time. I think Arizona will give SF a run for the top spot and we will be 3rd in our division. 8.5 games is a good bet.

On a side note, If all the players decide that kneeling is a good idea I think the NFL will lose a lot of fans this year. People are sick of athletes disrespecting our flag and all those who died for it. By all those I mean black, white, red, yellow, brown, male & female. I can understand protests, but I can’t understand disrespect. Drew Brees was right in what he said, and then he cowered.

Commish
Veteran

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:13 pm

SinCityRam wrote:

We all know this is driven by the ridiculous narrative that since we don’t have Todd Gurley and Brandin Cooks on the team we are therefore now useless and can no longer competitively play or coach in the NFL anymore. Give me a fucking break.
The Las Vegas betting numbers aren't based on objective reality, they're based on the public's perception.

The general betting public is much more likely to focus on skill-position players than other parts of an NFL team, so the Rams losing Todd Gurley II and Brandin Cooks would heavily influence their view of our team's strength. The vast majority of bettors aren't likely to realize that, given Gurley's mediocre overall play and Cooks being injury-hampered last year, rookies Cam Akers and Van Jefferson possibly could be actual 'upgrades' this season.

Serious fans of the Good Guys might well come to that conclusion, however not the general public.

Beside which, I prefer it when the Rams are underrated and overlooked, as they were three years ago--they're much more likely to catch their opponents feeling arrogant and overconfident... :) 8-) :geek:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:33 am

I think it seems fair.

They have big questions at RB and HUGE questions at both O-line and LB. Tough to get too gaudy with predictions until we see how those units respond.

A Logo Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down. A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.

Rate this topic
  • Information