Top 10 defense

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
toast49
Pro-bowler

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:46 am

Calling it now. Love the makeup of this years defense. Talented D line, loaded secondary and re tooled LB core.
Donald, Ebukam, Floyd, and possibly Lewis could provide a solid base rush on passing downs. Not sure how the Rams will align when they are just rushing 4 guys, but I would assume a combo of Donald and Robinson inside since Robinson could be trouble one on one for any O lineman. Floyd and Ebukam on the outside. More blitzing seems likely too with our talented secondary. Inside linebacker who knows. Not sure the Rams are done adding to this position.
Also Rams could add Marqui Christian at some point.
Last edited by toast49 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DMRamFan
Veteran

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:40 am

toast49 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:46 am
Calling it now. Love the makeup of this years defense. Talented D line, loaded secondary and re tooled LB core.
Donald, Ebukam, Floyd, and possibly Lewis could provide a solid base rush on passing downs. Not sure how the Rams will align when they are just rushing 4 guys, but I would assume a combo of Donald and Robinson inside since Robinson could be trouble one on one for any O lineman. Floyd and Ebukam, (who I expect to have a big season) on the outside. More blitzing seems likely too with our talented secondary. Inside linebacker who knows. Not sure the Rams are done adding to this position.
Also Rams could add Marqui Christian at some point.
To me, it all comes down if we can stop the run. We have the DL, Corners.
It just comes down to our LB core and if they can hold up.
Last edited by DMRamFan on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Change my mind

brasilrams
Pro-bowler

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:27 pm

Lbs core totally unproven. I don't like it. Run d should improve but Outside Donald I don't see how we can apply a lot of pressure on qbs. Fowler and Matthews are gone and our edge rushers are very mediocre. Our secondary is loaded though.

HellRam
Pro-bowler

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:58 pm

I've said we would have a top 10 D for the last 3 years. I said top 5 two years ago. It never happend, obviously.

With Wade gone there is a new hope again. I think the talent is there for a top 10 unit when you look at the line and secondary. Obviously our LB group is very unproven. If we can find a difference maker or two with out LBs we'll be in really good shape imo. Pending improved coaching.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:47 pm

HellRam wrote:
I've said we would have a top 10 D for the last 3 years. I said top 5 two years ago. It never happend, obviously.

With Wade gone there is a new hope again. I think the talent is there for a top 10 unit when you look at the line and secondary. Obviously our LB group is very unproven. If we can find a difference maker or two with out LBs we'll be in really good shape imo. Pending improved coaching.
Note to self: this guy does not know what he is talking about and is self proclaimed shit at predictions!!!

HellRam
Pro-bowler

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:53 pm

ElAcky wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:47 pm
HellRam wrote:

Note to self: this guy does not know what he is talking about and is self proclaimed shit at predictions!!!
That would include all Rams fans. Many here actually gave Wade a pass for all 3 years. I was officially unimpressed after his 2nd year with us. However, after the Superbowl run he deserved to be brought back for his 3rd year.

As for my predictions. When I wasn't giving Wade the benifit of the doubt. I'm usually pretty spot on most things.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:19 pm

brasilrams wrote:
Lbs core totally unproven. I don't like it. Run d should improve but Outside Donald I don't see how we can apply a lot of pressure on qbs. Fowler and Matthews are gone and our edge rushers are very mediocre. Our secondary is loaded though.
agree. The LB crew scares me. Brockers has to have a solid year for this run D to be good along with Robinson. I don't expect much out of Floyd because he was below average in Chicago. Our secondary is solid though. Hopefully they call a mix of blitzes.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:33 am

ocram23 wrote:
brasilrams wrote:
agree. The LB crew scares me. Brockers has to have a solid year for this run D to be good along with Robinson. I don't expect much out of Floyd because he was below average in Chicago. Our secondary is solid though. Hopefully they call a mix of blitzes.
I think both Floyd and Lewis are going to make significant contributions to the defense. I'm predicting Lewis to be an absolute stud.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:55 am

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
brasilrams wrote:
I think both Floyd and Lewis are going to make significant contributions to the defense. I'm predicting Lewis to be an absolute stud.
if he stays healthy which is the big if. I hope you are correct

brasilrams
Pro-bowler

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:07 am

ocram23 wrote:
brasilrams wrote:
Exactly

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:10 am

Ramsfan08ny wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
brasilrams wrote:
Agree... playing next to AD turns everyone into stud automatically... lets not forget that!!

Rate this topic
  • Information