Veteran

Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

zackn wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:03 pm
ElAcky wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:29 am
Madrid Rams... don’t tease me!!!

Spain is in shit shape as well... they opened up in desperation to get tourists back... numbers going up..

I’ve decided to stay home for the holidays this year and too uncertain to travel to any other country.
Just responding to your post so you get notified of this message. (Though it sounds like you have been to Spain...I spent a lot of time in Spain years and years ago.) Anyway this isn't really about that post.

This message is about the discussion, kind of. You got a little flack from a couple of posters in this thread. I'm sure you didn't mind it, it was harmless. But it does prompt me to say that at the end of the day, political "discussions" aside, we're all Rams brothers. You, like all others who follow the team, are always welcome, and we share the same wishes and hopes and pride when it comes to that team. And a special welcome to a "foreign" fan--Rams have lots of fans in the UK and it's always a pleasure to hear from them. So post on and go Rams.
I am only responding because it seems you are speaking for all of us Zack and specifically pointing out my post reply.

First, this has nothing to do with that he is foreign. I have family and friends who live in England and around the world. They also love the Rams and that is glorious. The issue is, this foreign dude calls out our Country and puts it down... a lot. he cannot help himself in many posts to bring up politics. It gets old and not why a lot of us come here. I for one come here to have good dialogue w my fellow Rams fans from all OVER THE PLANET... and that is awesome. But when some poster trashes my Country and our President (No matter WHO THE PREZ is, either it is Trump or Obama) you lose all my respect and any conversation (especially when you do it from some hidden name). We do not trash Boris do we, or the way they run parliament? No, because I respect other Countries (unless you kill and torture your own people). I don't mind getting political sometimes on here, but it is almost constant bashing by this dude. So thank God for the ignore button.

But seeing that you lean on the liberal side, and you agree with w EIacky and his beliefs, then this makes total sense. But to be clear here, you Zack bring up politics, and even though I disagree with you... You Zack do it in a professional, respectful GROWN UP manner. So my point is, don't speak for others here. Let's keep the Rams sections to RAMS topics. WE HAVE AN OFF-TOPIC for all that other jazz which is fair game.

Change my mind

zackn
Veteran

Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:24 pm

DMRamFan wrote:

I am only responding because it seems you are speaking for all of us Zack and specifically pointing out my post reply.
I didn't pay any attention to who gave him flack and I honestly don't care why they did. So no I did not have you specifically in mind in any real way, I even forget who said what and didn't pay much attention to that in the first place. I was thinking more along the lines of "x happened but I don't think it defines things". That's all just IMHO. I wasn't speaking for anyone else, just speaking my own vision OF us. I said something I hoped people could get behind and go along with.

If it doesn't happen now, well, I know we all are here as Rams brothers so sooner or later, it will come out. That's just IMHO.

Not debating. Just speaking for myself. So carry on if you want but I am done.

Rams57
Veteran

Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:04 pm

Will not be too long before we are all united again hating the 49ers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DMRamFan
Veteran

Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:25 am

zackn wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:24 pm
DMRamFan wrote:

I didn't pay any attention to who gave him flack and I honestly don't care why they did. So no I did not have you specifically in mind in any real way, I even forget who said what and didn't pay much attention to that in the first place. I was thinking more along the lines of "x happened but I don't think it defines things". That's all just IMHO. I wasn't speaking for anyone else, just speaking my own vision OF us. I said something I hoped people could get behind and go along with.

If it doesn't happen now, well, I know we all are here as Rams brothers so sooner or later, it will come out. That's just IMHO.

Not debating. Just speaking for myself. So carry on if you want but I am done.

'I am done'? I will take those odds and raise you 2 w that false statement.

Change my mind

zackn
Veteran

Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:41 pm

DMRamFan wrote:

Looks like you misread. I was saying I was done with this particular exchange about what I said to Elacky. And I am. As I said you can keep going if you want.

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:26 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
zackn wrote:
ElAcky wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:29 am
Madrid Rams... don’t tease me!!!

Spain is in shit shape as well... they opened up in desperation to get tourists back... numbers going up..

I’ve decided to stay home for the holidays this year and too uncertain to travel to any other country.
Just responding to your post so you get notified of this message. (Though it sounds like you have been to Spain...I spent a lot of time in Spain years and years ago.) Anyway this isn't really about that post.

This message is about the discussion, kind of. You got a little flack from a couple of posters in this thread. I'm sure you didn't mind it, it was harmless. But it does prompt me to say that at the end of the day, political "discussions" aside, we're all Rams brothers. You, like all others who follow the team, are always welcome, and we share the same wishes and hopes and pride when it comes to that team. And a special welcome to a "foreign" fan--Rams have lots of fans in the UK and it's always a pleasure to hear from them. So post on and go Rams.

First, this has nothing to do with that he is foreign. I have family and friends who live in England and around the world. They also love the Rams and that is glorious. The issue is, this foreign dude calls out our Country and puts it down... a lot. he cannot help himself in many posts to bring up politics. It gets old and not why a lot of us come here. I for one come here to have good dialogue w my fellow Rams fans from all OVER THE PLANET... and that is awesome. But when some poster trashes my Country and our President (No matter WHO THE PREZ is, either it is Trump or Obama) you lose all my respect and any conversation (especially when you do it from some hidden name). We do not trash Boris do we, or the way they run parliament? No, because I respect other Countries (unless you kill and torture your own people). I don't mind getting political sometimes on here, but it is almost constant bashing by this dude. So thank God for the ignore button.

But seeing that you lean on the liberal side, and you agree with w EIacky and his beliefs, then this makes total sense. But to be clear here, you Zack bring up politics, and even though I disagree with you... You Zack do it in a professional, respectful GROWN UP manner. So my point is, don't speak for others here. Let's keep the Rams sections to RAMS topics. WE HAVE AN OFF-TOPIC for all that other jazz which is fair game.
I missed a bit of fun while I was out....

I’ll put it really simple.... while the US meddles in the affairs of other countries and continues to contaminate the air that I breath then I will continue to give my opinion.. up to you whether you like it or not...

And btw: personally I don’t hate the 49ers.... if the Rams don’t win it then my next preference is the Raiders and after that any other team for our division.

DMRamFan
Veteran

Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:05 pm

zackn wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:

Looks like you misread. I was saying I was done with this particular exchange about what I said to Elacky. And I am. As I said you can keep going if you want.
Ummm, no... looks like YOU mistyped. I didn't see the words 'particular exchange' anywhere until now.

But you just keep doing you Zak. Keep on, keepin on.

Change my mind

zackn
Veteran

Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:38 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
zackn wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:

Ummm, no... looks like YOU mistyped. I didn't see the words 'particular exchange' anywhere until now.

Lol. Yeah I misread my own words. Meanwhile, no one ever tells YOU you are wrong, by golly. Or they risk a hissy fit. 8-)

This particular 2nd exchange is about your misread. I am done with that, too.

DMRamFan
Veteran

Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:08 pm

zackn wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:38 pm
DMRamFan wrote:
zackn wrote:

Lol. Yeah I misread my own words. Meanwhile, no one ever tells YOU you are wrong, by golly. Or they risk a hissy fit. 8-)

This particular 2nd exchange is about your misread. I am done with that, too.
Thank you for FINALLY being done. I hope you mean it this time. For all that is holy... I really hope you are.

Change my mind

Hacksaw
Starter

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:38 am

What is this thread about again?

THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF,,,,,,, WAS

99rams
Veteran

Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:11 am

Thanks Hacksaw. That tweet basically made my point and the point of my original post. The NFL PLAYERS will dictate what happens.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:06 pm

I think the NFL is watching very closely re: the NBA and MLB. going to be interesting.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:08 pm

ocram23 wrote:
I think the NFL is watching very closely re: the NBA and MLB. going to be interesting.
Well at least they should be as well as include the NHL. Two of the 3 appear to be working with both doing it with the same structure and the other not so well. Not sure how the NFL could follow suit with the two that is working but for one they would need to eliminate travel and redo the schedule similar to the league that is currently struggling with COVID. It appears you have to eliminate travel and confine your players to have a chance.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:10 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
Well at least they should be as well as include the NHL. Two of the 3 appear to be working with both doing it with the same structure and the other not so well. Not sure how the NFL could follow suit with the two that is working but for one they would need to eliminate travel and redo the schedule similar to the league that is currently struggling with COVID. It appears you have to eliminate travel and confine your players to have a chance.
in baseball are the Marlins ground zero with a couple of their players going to the bar in ATL? If so what a bunch of knuckleheads

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 pm

ocram23 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
in baseball are the Marlins ground zero with a couple of their players going to the bar in ATL? If so what a bunch of knuckleheads
Agree. MLB until this took place with this team had no hammer for these players on the road. Yes the NBA has had a hiccup or two but they have been much tougher and stronger with that hammer In Orlando. Yes players are being asked to give up a lot when not actually in that “bubble” but it appears to be the only way. I know Melvin here with the A’s has said his big concern is travel in regards to the plane, buses, and the hotels while on the road.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:51 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Agree. MLB until this took place with this team had no hammer for these players on the road. Yes the NBA has had a hiccup or two but they have been much tougher and stronger with that hammer In Orlando. Yes players are being asked to give up a lot when not actually in that “bubble” but it appears to be the only way. I know Melvin here with the A’s has said his big concern is travel in regards to the plane, buses, and the hotels while on the road.
just a matter of time with the NBA.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:47 pm

ocram23 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

I don’t know. I don’t think their leadership will allow more than a hiccup or two. Let’s just say they are off to a good start.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:17 am

NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

I don’t know. I don’t think their leadership will allow more than a hiccup or two. Let’s just say they are off to a good start.
the whole key to all these leagues are the players. if they go outside the bubble, and they will, then it will collapse.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:15 am

ocram23 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

the whole key to all these leagues are the players. if they go outside the bubble, and they will, then it will collapse.
Will see. I don’t think it’s going to happen like you think it will.

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:12 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

it's already happened in baseball with the marlins and then in turn gave it to 2 other teams. it will happen

Commish
Veteran

Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:42 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

Wealthy, egotistical guys in their twenties or early thirties, who are used to getting what they want and doing what they desire to--I'm suspicious about how these 'experiments in self-control' are going to work out... ;) :( :roll:

ram power...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

zackn
Veteran

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:58 pm

Commish wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:42 pm
NorCal RF wrote:
ocram23 wrote:

Wealthy, egotistical guys in their twenties or early thirties, who are used to getting what they want and doing what they desire to--I'm suspicious about how these 'experiments in self-control' are going to work out... ;) :( :roll:

ram power...

--The Commish
Wyche reporting on a McVay conference call with reporters.
Steve Wyche@wyche89
The @RamsNFL will have their first in-person team meeting Monday at a massive outdoor tent, where meetings will be held this season. The outdoor tent will allow Air flow and social distancing. There will be football talk and don't be the Marlins, education RE: Covid-19..

Safety Blitz
Pro-bowler

Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:14 pm

Person
Woman
Man
Camera
TV

stable genius

"In McVay We Trust!"

ocram23
Pro-bowler

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:33 pm

ElAcky wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:
zackn wrote:

I missed a bit of fun while I was out....

I’ll put it really simple.... while the US meddles in the affairs of other countries and continues to contaminate the air that I breath then I will continue to give my opinion.. up to you whether you like it or not...

And btw: personally I don’t hate the 49ers.... if the Rams don’t win it then my next preference is the Raiders and after that any other team for our division.
take this to off topic douchebag. I along with many others are tired of your anti American statements. Go spend time with your 5 supposed kids

Commish
Veteran

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:16 pm

ElAcky wrote:

Well, here in the U.S.A. sports fans tend to strongly dislike their archrivals, in an athletic-fandom sense (meaning that I could be friendly with Joe Montana if I encountered him in person), and for our team that would be the 49ers, also known as the Western Evil Empire.

I do tend to rather darkly appreciate the Raiders myself, just so long as they're not located in Los Angeles--it's that 'Silver-&-Black' image as ruthless pirates, which they had around the 1970s, that I find ironically appealing.

Theodore Roosevelt, the 27th president of the United States (1901-09), had a famous quote about whether or not it's "anti-American" and/or "unpatriotic" to criticize the American president, you could look it up should you desire to..

This would especially also apply to non-Americans in today's world, given the worldwide economic and ecological interrelationships affecting all nations... :) 8-) :idea:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:34 pm

Commish wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:16 pm
ElAcky wrote:

Well, here in the U.S.A. sports fans tend to strongly dislike their archrivals, in an athletic-fandom sense (meaning that I could be friendly with Joe Montana if I encountered him in person), and for our team that would be the 49ers, also known as the Western Evil Empire.

I do tend to rather darkly appreciate the Raiders myself, just so long as they're not located in Los Angeles--it's that 'Silver-&-Black' image as ruthless pirates, which they had around the 1970s, that I find ironically appealing.

Theodore Roosevelt, the 27th president of the United States (1901-09), had a famous quote about whether or not it's "anti-American" and/or "unpatriotic" to criticize the American president, you could look it up should you desire to..

This would especially also apply to non-Americans in today's world, given the worldwide economic and ecological interrelationships affecting all nations... :) 8-) :idea:

ram pathos...

--The Commish
I actually love the silver and black and their new stadium is awesome.... Rams will always be number one for me... It was Dickerson that got me hooked!!

I don’t hate any team as such but prefer Eagles and Cowboys don’t do well..... but that’s just because i knew a few arseholes that supported them!

Rate this topic
  • Information