McVay In "Better Mood" Since Stafford's Arrival

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
User avatar
Mike Schad 1st Rd
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5374
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am
Contact:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:47 pm

But hey...what does HE know???

Los Angeles Rams' Sean McVay in 'better mood' since Matthew Stafford's arrival
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/316 ... rd-arrival


Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in Beautiful Brooklyn, NY....

Cornell29
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 am
Contact:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:50 pm

Just posted this in the other thread
Good to see and read. Mcvay finally got to pick his qb. Time will tell if he was right.



User avatar
Mike Schad 1st Rd
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5374
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am
Contact:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:52 pm

Cornell29 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:50 pm
Just posted this in the other thread
Good to see and read. Mcvay finally got to pick his qb. Time will tell if he was right.
Sorry Cornell Buddy for the double post.


Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in Beautiful Brooklyn, NY....

toast49
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5185
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am
Contact:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:57 pm

Who the hell cares what McVay's mood is? He better get this team to the Super Bowl or the trade is not going to look good.
Last edited by toast49 on Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Cornell29
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 am
Contact:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:57 pm

Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:52 pm
Cornell29 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:50 pm
Just posted this in the other thread
Good to see and read. Mcvay finally got to pick his qb. Time will tell if he was right.
Sorry Cornell Buddy for the double post.
Nah, I believe you were first and you gave it, its own thread so its all good



User avatar
Mike Schad 1st Rd
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5374
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am
Contact:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:59 pm

Great season ahead. Another Home Team Super Bowl possible.


Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in Beautiful Brooklyn, NY....

User avatar
DMRamFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5696
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:00 pm

‘21 season is gonna be magical. Lights out. RAMS COMING STRONG BABY! Los Angeles FREAKING RAMS! Ok. I’m pumped. Let’s do this baby. Hellram is gonna jump on board. I promise!

When’s the season start again? LONGGGGGGEST summer already. Ugh

Let’s go streaking boys… let’s get nuts!!!! Haisbdiaorjebdjquwheofoapghanfka!!!!




malibu
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1673
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:19 pm
Contact:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:26 pm

Cornell29 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:50 pm
Just posted this in the other thread
Good to see and read. Mcvay finally got to pick his qb. Time will tell if he was right.
Not true. McVay could have said no to reupping Goff and he didn't. That was a 30m mistake if he didn't really want him. At the end of 2018 he sure seemed to want Goff.



Cornell29
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 am
Contact:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:52 pm

malibu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:26 pm
Cornell29 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:50 pm
Just posted this in the other thread
Good to see and read. Mcvay finally got to pick his qb. Time will tell if he was right.
Not true. McVay could have said no to reupping Goff and he didn't. That was a 30m mistake if he didn't really want him. At the end of 2018 he sure seemed to want Goff.
McSnead screwed up still doesn't change the fact he inherited Goff.



User avatar
Rams57
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2486
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 pm
Contact:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:56 pm

Maybe if Coach 'Three Points' can motivate the Rams to show up and put in at least SOME effort, to try to beat the 49ers this season , that would be a welcome change, from last year. I'm pumped up to watch the Rams, but I'm not gonna get too excited yet, until I see the Rams in action. I was very excited about the new uniforms last year , before I saw them.



Cornell29
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 am
Contact:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:16 pm

Rams57 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:56 pm
Maybe if Coach 'Three Points' can motivate the Rams to show up and put in at least SOME effort, to try to beat the 49ers this season , that would be a welcome change, from last year. I'm pumped up to watch the Rams, but I'm not gonna get too excited yet, until I see the Rams in action. I was very excited about the new uniforms last year , before I saw them.
Guess your not a fan of Mcvay. Your comments says it all. Thats cool. Mcvay is trying to correct the SB disappointment by trading Goff for Stafford. That play call he made in the 1st quarter alone was a guaranteed td but Goff threw it late and off target.




FelixTheStonerCat
Starter
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:55 pm
Contact:

Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:55 am

Cornell29 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:16 pm
Rams57 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:56 pm
Maybe if Coach 'Three Points' can motivate the Rams to show up and put in at least SOME effort, to try to beat the 49ers this season , that would be a welcome change, from last year. I'm pumped up to watch the Rams, but I'm not gonna get too excited yet, until I see the Rams in action. I was very excited about the new uniforms last year , before I saw them.
Guess your not a fan of Mcvay. Your comments says it all. Thats cool. Mcvay is trying to correct the SB disappointment by trading Goff for Stafford. That play call he made in the 1st quarter alone was a guaranteed td but Goff threw it late and off target.
He isn't. He's a Wolford fan for some reason. When everyone else is talking about Stafford he gets pissy and talks about Wolford.



User avatar
Rams57
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2486
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 pm
Contact:

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:44 am

I could care less if Wolford plays a snap this season. Goff seems to be a nice guy, so I hope he has a good year with the Lions. I'm as excited, as any other Rams fan , to see what 2021 Rams look like. I hope we have a great team. I love that the Rams have a fresh new start with Stafford. I'm just not counting how many SB wins the Rams will have, in the Stafford era, before he has played a game. So Coach '3Pts' is in a good mood , that's fine. Put ram horns back on the Rams' helmet and I'll be in a great mood. Some red flags for me regarding C3P last season . The lackluster efforts against the 49ers, and some bad play calling last season have me concerned. But I always hope for the best, regardless.



Cornell29
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5253
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 am
Contact:

Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:55 am

Rams57 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:44 am
I could care less if Wolford plays a snap this season. Goff seems to be a nice guy, so I hope he has a good year with the Lions. I'm as excited, as any other Rams fan , to see what 2021 Rams look like. I hope we have a great team. I love that the Rams have a fresh new start with Stafford. I'm just not counting how many SB wins the Rams will have, in the Stafford era, before he has played a game. So Coach '3Pts' is in a good mood , that's fine. Put ram horns back on the Rams' helmet and I'll be in a great mood. Some red flags for me regarding C3P last season . The lackluster efforts against the 49ers, and some bad play calling last season have me concerned. But I always hope for the best, regardless.
Mcvay is trying to fix the rams issues against the niners that why he upgraded the qb position with Stafford. Stafford, being a vet qb that seen it all over the years, can also help Mcvay play calls and adjustments with his NFL qb knowledge.

If it makes you feel any better a few years ago Stafford had 3 tds, no ints and 340 yards against the niners.




armyram
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2629
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:36 pm
Contact:

Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:45 am

McVay and Goff are like a divorced couple with McVay finding himself a new wife and the sex is sooo much better. He just can’t contain himself and has to let the old wife know how much better off he is! Lol!



User avatar
DMRamFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5696
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:52 am

armyram wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:45 am
McVay and Goff are like a divorced couple with McVay finding himself a new wife and the sex is sooo much better. He just can’t contain himself and has to let the old wife know how much better off he is! Lol!
Nailed it.


Speaking from experience Army? :lol: JK man. Nothing but love for ya



war room warrior
Hall of Famer
Posts: 889
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:21 am
Location: Thibodaux, La.
Contact:

Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:29 am

toast49 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:57 pm
Who the hell cares what McVay's mood is? He better get this team to the Super Bowl or the trade is not going to look good.
I hear people saying this, but; I don’t agree. Yes it seems that way being the Rams when to the SB with Goff, but; say Mathew has a great year like 5000 yards 45 TD’s 6 INT’s but their D doesn’t show up or injuries to Akers & Hendo. So I understand the talk but it’s not all on Mathew & and shouldn’t make Mcvay look bad.
How what I will say is, what if the Rams still can’t score inside the red zone? Then I would pen it on Mcvay. Since in Washington he had trouble score from the red zone.



User avatar
HellRam
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5075
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:17 pm
Contact:

Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:44 am

war room warrior wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:29 am
toast49 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:57 pm
Who the hell cares what McVay's mood is? He better get this team to the Super Bowl or the trade is not going to look good.
I hear people saying this, but; I don’t agree. Yes it seems that way being the Rams when to the SB with Goff, but; say Mathew has a great year like 5000 yards 45 TD’s 6 INT’s but their D doesn’t show up or injuries to Akers & Hendo. So I understand the talk but it’s not all on Mathew & and shouldn’t make Mcvay look bad.
How what I will say is, what if the Rams still can’t score inside the red zone? Then I would pen it on Mcvay. Since in Washington he had trouble score from the red zone.
Outside of the elite Gurley years McVays offenses have had trouble scoring at a top 10 level. Both in Washington and LA.The media just never brings it up.

Overall I don't always love the way Mcvay carries himself. He is definitely someone who cares about his perception. I mean its great he's friendly with the media and all and I'm sure there is a calculated reason for it. For the most part I agree with toast sentiment that this is "stupid". Just do your damn job and quit trying to sale narratives that make you look good. Belichick would never go out of his way to gain approval from the media like McVay does.



User avatar
DMRamFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5696
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:15 pm

HellRam wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:44 am
war room warrior wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:29 am
toast49 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:57 pm
Who the hell cares what McVay's mood is? He better get this team to the Super Bowl or the trade is not going to look good.
I hear people saying this, but; I don’t agree. Yes it seems that way being the Rams when to the SB with Goff, but; say Mathew has a great year like 5000 yards 45 TD’s 6 INT’s but their D doesn’t show up or injuries to Akers & Hendo. So I understand the talk but it’s not all on Mathew & and shouldn’t make Mcvay look bad.
How what I will say is, what if the Rams still can’t score inside the red zone? Then I would pen it on Mcvay. Since in Washington he had trouble score from the red zone.
Outside of the elite Gurley years McVays offenses have had trouble scoring at a top 10 level. Both in Washington and LA.The media just never brings it up.

Overall I don't always love the way Mcvay carries himself. He is definitely someone who cares about his perception. I mean its great he's friendly with the media and all and I'm sure there is a calculated reason for it. For the most part I agree with toast sentiment that this is "stupid". Just do your damn job and quit trying to sale narratives that make you look good. Belichick would never go out of his way to gain approval from the media like McVay does.
HR, gotta keep in mind that McVay is only 35 years of age w perfect hair. Shoot, when I was 35, I said/did lots of stupid things...I also do agree that McVay talks too much at times. I mean we all love those pressers after games when McVay says 'I can get better, we just dropped the ball and its all on me.... yada yada yada'. But he is not Belicheat. Different personalities. I am not a fan of some of what McVay does at times. But I also am not a fan of some of the things my wife says and does at times too... But you know, I love her and she rocks. So come on now.., no coach is perfect is point.... I mean we could have a coach like Kliff Kingsbury, or some of these other head coaches in the league that arent proven winners or are just coaching to pass the time.

I will say this...This year is a real test for McVay. He now has what he's wanted. No excuses.

FYI, the perfect hair comment was a joke. You mentioned that McVay and his own perception of himself... and I do agree with you on that. His hair is always perfect. The 5 o'clock shadow always right on point. I think he even has his khaki pants fitted and pressed before every game. BUT...give it a couple more years after being married with kids. That dad bod is coming. I remember my life being in shape and before marriage w kids... The nice expensive suits, the tanning beds, the expensive hair cuts... :lol: :lol:



STL Woody
Hall of Famer
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:22 am
Contact:

Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:25 pm

HellRam wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:44 am
war room warrior wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:29 am
toast49 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:57 pm
Who the hell cares what McVay's mood is? He better get this team to the Super Bowl or the trade is not going to look good.
I hear people saying this, but; I don’t agree. Yes it seems that way being the Rams when to the SB with Goff, but; say Mathew has a great year like 5000 yards 45 TD’s 6 INT’s but their D doesn’t show up or injuries to Akers & Hendo. So I understand the talk but it’s not all on Mathew & and shouldn’t make Mcvay look bad.
How what I will say is, what if the Rams still can’t score inside the red zone? Then I would pen it on Mcvay. Since in Washington he had trouble score from the red zone.
Outside of the elite Gurley years McVays offenses have had trouble scoring at a top 10 level. Both in Washington and LA.The media just never brings it up.

Overall I don't always love the way Mcvay carries himself. He is definitely someone who cares about his perception. I mean its great he's friendly with the media and all and I'm sure there is a calculated reason for it. For the most part I agree with toast sentiment that this is "stupid". Just do your damn job and quit trying to sale narratives that make you look good. Belichick would never go out of his way to gain approval from the media like McVay does.
I disagree I love how McVay carry’s it. I don’t understand why fans always want to compare to what Belicheat Does. He’s a asshole. And can be because he’s won so much and it works for him. No other coach can be like him or do what he does. We’ve seen his assistant coaches one after another try to go do it like him and fail. McVay works his charm and diplomacy beautifully, and it works for him. I don’t think he’s looking for approval. I think he just understands the value of NOT being a DICK. Why is that so cool to some people?

He does his job quite well especially considering he’s the youngest to ever do it. His guys buy in. He’s already been to a SB and missed the playoffs only once.


Loyalty over Location...

FelixTheStonerCat
Starter
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:55 pm
Contact:

Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:39 am

Rams57 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:56 pm
Maybe if Coach 'Three Points' can motivate the Rams to show up and put in at least SOME effort, to try to beat the 49ers this season , that would be a welcome change, from last year. I'm pumped up to watch the Rams, but I'm not gonna get too excited yet, until I see the Rams in action. I was very excited about the new uniforms last year , before I saw them.
Question. Why the fuck do you watch rams football? Is it because you like the fancy uniforms? Or is it because you like John Wolford so much? I get that you have a crush on him and shit, but I was just wondering. And YOU can NEVER call dude Coach "Three Points".



FelixTheStonerCat
Starter
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:55 pm
Contact:

Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:40 am

Safety Blitz: John Wolford is in a good mood too! What about him?! Awww you guys! Come on! I love John Wolford!



User avatar
SoCalRam78
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3434
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 8:53 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:56 am

Mcvay was done w Goff with the second SF game when he lost the game by himself versus a bad SF team with a ton of injuries. 1.5 years of limiting his playbook behind an inconsistent turnover prone QB was enough. Mcvay is thrilled now.

Don’t want to hear about the contract extension either. Rams were banking in Goff getting better after the super bowl and building on what he did in 2017-2018 but instead regressed and played like a lower tier QB.


Fan since 80s

Post Reply
Rate this topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests