1st Game down...How do you feel, overall?

Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
YearoftheRam
Veteran

Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:53 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Cornell29 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:40 pm
YearoftheRam wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:34 pm
Optimistic...but in reality we could finish anywhere from last to first in our division.

For the first time in NFL history you have an entire division where any team in the division could win the Super Bowl. This division is that good!

Arizona is my real big concern right now as they just went into a great teams stadium and destroyed them. Arizona could be ready to break out. Seattle also looked very good.

With the way our "D" plays run defense and the lack of depth on our "O" line and our weakness at center we could finish anywhere from 1st to last in our division and that is the real truth. We need to be injury free on the O-line to have a shot at 1st and we need to get some kind of run "D". I am not sure either of those two will happen, so right now it is wait and see and I would predict a second place finish right now from what I see and a wild card birth.

Arizona looks scary right now, but New Orleans...New Orleans dismantled a very good Green Bay team on opening day in Green Bay and the Saints look awfully good with Winston at QB and Sean Payton is a great coach who seems to have the Saints ready to make a run every year. They look scary right now with Winston at QB.

I got us as a wild card at this point until we improve our O-line and our run "D". I know no one is going to like that, but that is what I am seeing unless we improve our O-line and run "D".

If they were to add Reiter and our run "D" improved, I would say then we have a shot at a Super Bowl. Just don't see Allen cutting it over the entire year...too many mistakes!
Lol Reiter
Allen performed well against one of the best DT in football. Was even rated 4th in run blocking for centers in run blocking and you still bring up Reiter.

Sorry or Happy to disappoint but Reiter was signed today by another team.
We shall see...
Allen already has one sack given up and one holding call for the first game of the year. Blythe only gave up 4 sacks and one penalty all last season and Blythe is only an average center.

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:04 pm

YearoftheRam wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:53 pm
Cornell29 wrote:
YearoftheRam wrote:
Optimistic...but in reality we could finish anywhere from last to first in our division.

For the first time in NFL history you have an entire division where any team in the division could win the Super Bowl. This division is that good!

Arizona is my real big concern right now as they just went into a great teams stadium and destroyed them. Arizona could be ready to break out. Seattle also looked very good.

With the way our "D" plays run defense and the lack of depth on our "O" line and our weakness at center we could finish anywhere from 1st to last in our division and that is the real truth. We need to be injury free on the O-line to have a shot at 1st and we need to get some kind of run "D". I am not sure either of those two will happen, so right now it is wait and see and I would predict a second place finish right now from what I see and a wild card birth.

Arizona looks scary right now, but New Orleans...New Orleans dismantled a very good Green Bay team on opening day in Green Bay and the Saints look awfully good with Winston at QB and Sean Payton is a great coach who seems to have the Saints ready to make a run every year. They look scary right now with Winston at QB.

I got us as a wild card at this point until we improve our O-line and our run "D". I know no one is going to like that, but that is what I am seeing unless we improve our O-line and run "D".

If they were to add Reiter and our run "D" improved, I would say then we have a shot at a Super Bowl. Just don't see Allen cutting it over the entire year...too many mistakes!
Lol Reiter
Allen performed well against one of the best DT in football. Was even rated 4th in run blocking for centers in run blocking and you still bring up Reiter.

We shall see...
Allen already has one sack given up and one holding call for the first game of the year. Blythe only gave up 4 sacks and one penalty all last season and Blythe is only an average center.
Reiter, and all the other remaining "free agents," are hereby considered RETIRED. Unwanted by teams on the 2021 53-man Roster. Sure, some of these retirees will still get picked up, but consider at least 90% of them finished.

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful, Brooklyn N.Y

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.

Cornell29
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:25 pm

Yearoftheram.. you said Blythe was just avg last year, which he was. Reiter overall, wasn't any better. So he is avg too. Brian Allen so far 77.9 overall.

YearoftheRam
Veteran

Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:34 pm

Cornell29 wrote:
Yearoftheram.. you said Blythe was just avg last year, which he was. Reiter overall, wasn't any better. So he is avg too. Brian Allen so far 77.9 overall.

I do not take much consideration of PFF ratings. Humphrey played great and they gave him a much lower rating then Allen and Allen gave up a sack and had a holding penalty. PFF is a joke!

I did say that Allen played relatively well in another post, outside of the two mistakes of getting rolled over on the sack and the holding call, but I am concerned about his pass blocking, not his run blocking ability.

How many sacks will he give up over 20 games and how many holding calls?

Cornell29
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:40 pm

YearoftheRam wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:34 pm
Cornell29 wrote:

I do not take much consideration of PFF ratings. Humphrey played great and they gave him a much lower rating then Allen and Allen gave up a sack and had a holding penalty. PFF is a joke!

I did say that Allen played relatively well in another post, outside of the two mistakes of getting rolled over on the sack and the holding call, but I am concerned about his pass blocking, not his run blocking ability.

How many sacks will he give up over 20 games and how many holding calls?
Because it was a coverage sack. It is more to a ol then just pass blocking. It's run blocking too. Let me guess you reviewed the film and seen every play by Reiter last year. Creed and Reiter before him, plays with a highly mobile qb who might go down as the best young qb of the decade.

Allen did face one of the best DT in football.

CierraRam
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:15 pm

Well they cant play that same defensive alignment up front against the Colts because they have 3 excellent running backs and a better OL to exploit it if the Rams run that same game plan (they wont).

I am thrilled about the OL play against a very good front defensive 7 that the bears had. Stafford's decision making and pin point passes are obvious versus his predecessor. I'll wager he knows where to throw it against zero blitz... LOL... EGAD ... besides the Jets game.. that Dolphin game was just horrible last season.

They had the running game going when they needed it. That's all that counts. Let's go for consistency as a next step.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:19 pm

I focused on watching Allen. Bears we’re sending two guys at him most of the game. They apparently perceived him as the weak link. I think he held up very, very well.

YearoftheRam
Veteran

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:27 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:52 pm
Cornell29 wrote:
YearoftheRam wrote:

Lol Reiter

Thank God! Maybe he can now move ion to the Saints forum and celebrate their great signing and leave us alone.
Well NorCal, the problem is when we get our "Crotchety" britches on and get our britches all in an uproar, we tend to miss out on the more subtle and beautiful aspects of life. Sometimes we need to just "relax" and sit back and smell the flowers and "enjoy" the little things in life a little more.

Now if you had been more in tune with nature and in a "smell the flowers" mood...you might have noticed my beautiful and profound statement and revelation on the status of our current division. I made a very "profound" and revelatory exposition on the fact that for the first time in NFL history there is a division in which any of the teams in that division could win the Super Bowl this year.

Now isn't that a beautiful and refreshing revelation NorCal? Now if you just sit back and sniff that beautiful flower for a while, then maybe you will understand a little better the war that is going to take place for the NFC West this year and the crown prize to the winner...the Super Bowl!

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:39 pm

YearoftheRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
Cornell29 wrote:

Lol Reiter

Thank God! Maybe he can now move ion to the Saints forum and celebrate their great signing and leave us alone.
Well NorCal, the problem is when we get our "Crotchety" britches on and get our britches all in an uproar, we tend to miss out on the more subtle and beautiful aspects of life. Sometimes we need to just "relax" and sit back and smell the flowers and "enjoy" the little things in life a little more.

Now if you had been more in tune with nature and in a "smell the flowers" mood...you might have noticed my beautiful and profound statement and revelation on the status of our current division. I made a very "profound" and revelatory exposition on the fact that for the first time in NFL history there is a division in which any of the teams in that division could win the Super Bowl this year.

Now isn't that a beautiful and refreshing revelation NorCal? Now if you just sit back and sniff that beautiful flower for a while, then maybe you will understand a little better the war that is going to take place for the NFC West this year and the crown prize to the winner...the Super Bowl!
Pretty rich response to NC after you wrote paragraphs flipping out over Reiter, and other things. Dude, you went nuclear. Your post were so long actually I didn’t make it past the first couple sentences. Sorry.

But I digress, no need to go after a poster because we’re all sick and tired of you thinking YOU think you’d be a better GM of this team. Notice when we gripe about certain issues… we say our peace then let it be. Shoot, it’s almost like your Reiters agent. The dude wasn’t even that good! Good lordy

Is NorCal crotchety? Absolutely. But he’s earned the right to be what he wants to be, he’s been in here for a long time…how long you been in here again?

YearoftheRam
Veteran

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:50 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
YearoftheRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Pretty rich response to NC after you wrote paragraphs flipping out over Reiter, and other things. Dude, you went nuclear. Your post were so long actually I didn’t make it past the first couple sentences. Sorry.

But I digress, no need to go after a poster because we’re all sick and tired of you thinking YOU think you’d be a better GM of this team. Notice when we gripe about certain issues… we say our peace then let it be. Shoot, it’s almost like your Reiters agent. The dude wasn’t even that good! Good lordy

Is NorCal crotchety? Absolutely. But he’s earned the right to be what he wants to be, he’s been in here for a long time…how long you been in here again?
Your off topic and again can not comment on what I just said. ANY team in our division could win the Super Bowl this year...smell the Roses...

YearoftheRam
Veteran

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:53 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
YearoftheRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Let me guess...you absolutely love and adore our "Neon Mustard" britches...right?

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:55 pm

YearoftheRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
Cornell29 wrote:

Lol Reiter

Wow who would have thunk other than you how good our division is. Thank-you so much in enlightening us!

Keeping with the rules of this forum your threads and comments are the opposite definition of “refreshing” and “profound”.

clevelandrams
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:58 pm

It was an easy, flag football game.
It was a joke.

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:59 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
YearoftheRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Hey I have issue with crotchety lol. Again tired at times especially towards…………

Thanks DM.

YearoftheRam
Veteran

Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:12 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
YearoftheRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Wow who would have thunk other than you how good our division is. Thank-you so much in enlightening us!

Keeping with the rules of this forum your threads and comments are the opposite definition of “refreshing” and “profound”.
What I said basically is that we can not expect to win this division unless we go injury free on the O-line and improve our run "D" and I stand by that evaluation.

This is not going to be an easy division to win and may just be the best division in NFL history this year.

Arizona looks like they are going to be a much better team than last year. So just because we now have an elite QB and because we have a good team, I am not assuming we are the division winners.

I am expecting an all out war to take place for this division and hopefully we can win it, but it looks like right now any of these three other rivals could win it as well, so we need to stay healthy on the O-line and that will probably determine it...if we stay healthy we take the division, if not one of the other three will.

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:24 pm

YearoftheRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
YearoftheRam wrote:

What I said basically is that we can not expect to win this division unless we go injury free on the O-line and improve our run "D" and I stand by that evaluation.

This is not going to be an easy division to win and may just be the best division in NFL history this year.

Arizona looks like they are going to be a much better team than last year. So just because we now have an elite QB and because we have a good team, I am not assuming we are the division winners.

I am expecting an all out war to take place for this division and hopefully we can win it, but it looks like right now any of these three other rivals could win it as well, so we need to stay healthy on the O-line and that will probably determine it...if we stay healthy we take the division, if not one of the other three will.
Thank-you so much in sharing this with us. We are all so much more “enlightened” by your opinion.

YearoftheRam
Veteran

Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:49 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:24 pm
YearoftheRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Thank-you so much in sharing this with us. We are all so much more “enlightened” by your opinion.
As always, you are most welcome NorCal and I knew you would be enlightened, once you took time to smell the roses...

No need to thank me, it is always a joy...the pleasure is all mine.

bigklein
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:10 pm

In general the team appears to exude more confidence and stability than they did last year. I mentioned “ethos” in another post, and much of that ethos has to do with Stafford. Not just the offense but the defense is feeding off of Stafford’s ethos. Listen to, say, Ramsey’s post game interview. Also the sideline shots conveyed more interaction too.

It was just the first game, which for most starters was really like their only preseason game. Hopefully players like Robinson will show more in game 2. There may have been some rust there. Hoping to see better run defense this week and a less bendy D.

SinCityRam
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:51 pm

UplandRam wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:19 pm
I focused on watching Allen. Bears we’re sending two guys at him most of the game. They apparently perceived him as the weak link. I think he held up very, very well.
Same Upland. I was focusing on Allen during Rams O and saw the same thing. Aside from a couple plays, the kid held up better then most thought he would. I’m rooting for him big time this season.

bigklein
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:15 pm

I feel encouraged. Looking forward to more assessment this Sunday.

Commish
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:27 pm

NN1Badboy wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:38 am

For a running back to gain so much yardage after contact like Montgomery did, means we have a problem. A problem that needs to be fixed now. Otherwise we can kiss any hope we have of a Super Bowl goodbye.
Agreed--overall, the tackling by our team's defenders was pretty pathetic... :shock: :? :oops:

ram pathos...

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

YearoftheRam
Veteran

Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:33 am

NorCal RF wrote:
YearoftheRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Well maybe my comments will be more in "tune" once I see how we play against the Bucs. They are now 10-0 since adding AB. Then after the Bucs, we get Arizona and Seattle. After those three games I will give the real assessment of things. I hope were not all "crotchety" on this forum after those three games and we are all smiles!

toast49
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:27 am

I always thought the 1st game would be a blowout, but, we have a tough 4 games coming up. After that we will have a better idea where this team is this year.

Go Rams

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:46 am

YearoftheRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
YearoftheRam wrote:

Well maybe my comments will be more in "tune" once I see how we play against the Bucs. They are now 10-0 since adding AB. Then after the Bucs, we get Arizona and Seattle. After those three games I will give the real assessment of things. I hope were not all "crotchety" on this forum after those three games and we are all smiles!
Seriously please don’t because all you are trying to do is find that one game, those couple of plays, so you can say see told you so. Honestly the worst type of fan. Your posts are all about you. No one wants your assessment in here try to see such. You are trolling more than anything. Again your guy is now in N.O. go enjoy him over there.

And let’s see where they are at after those 3 games? A week 3 game in a 17 game schedule is not a measuring stick for how a season is going to go for a team. Hell there was a time in this league when 14 games still to be played was your entire schedule. Are you old enough to remember this? If your are the great accessor of this crap then you would already know this.

UK Rams Fan
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:39 am

CONFIDENT

I believe the Bears are a better team than the Colts, so this Sunday should be more comfortable and we walk away from Indy with an even more impressive win giving us a 2-0 record.
Last edited by UK Rams Fan on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrooklynRam74
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:50 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:46 am
YearoftheRam wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Seriously please don’t because all you are trying to do is find that one game, those couple of plays, so you can say see told you so. Honestly the worst type of fan. Your posts are all about you. No one wants your assessment in here try to see such. You are trolling more than anything. Again your guy is now in N.O. go enjoy him over there.

And let’s see where they are at after those 3 games? A week 3 game in a 17 game schedule is not a measuring stick for how a season is going to go for a team. Hell there was a time in this league when 14 games still to be played was your entire schedule. Are you old enough to remember this? If your are the great accessor of this crap then you would already know this.
+1. Year Of Ram, let's not overreact to a game or a series of games. We're here to enjoy the Rams season, not live in your predictions. I think it's safe to say barring catastrophic injury we should all have an extremely enjoyable one.

Tampa could beat us Week 3. We could beat them.
We beat them last year, THEY won the Super Bowl.
New Orleans beat them 38-3 and again in New Orleans, Tampa beat them in Playoffs then WON the Super Bowl. Please let's not go jumping to conclusions from Weeks 3-5 of the Regular Season. Us Ran fans are BLESSED with a great Organization. Great Owner who produced the Greatest Stadium in the WORLD. Great GM. Great Head Coach who when it's all said and done will be on the Mount Rushmore of Greatest Offensive minds. Great players. Great Quarterback. Golden Age of Rams Football.

1 team wins out of 32.

Dont make it about YOU.

Proud Supporter Of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football Since 1974 From Beautiful, Brooklyn N.Y

a.k.a. Mike Schad 1st Rd.

• Information