The Rams final cuts will be really tough

Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
malibu
Hall of Famer

Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:26 pm

There is serious competition at the backend of the roster to make the team

Koski, Akers, Tristan, Juju, Reed, Jackson, Merideth, Brewer, Banks, Garrett, Williams, Daka, Mundt, Blanton, Perkins, ilbs in general, and more it is going to be crazy. Would have said RB but now with Calais out I say no now.

Thoughts this will really be a tough one.

Sad there is a plethora of amazing wide receivers who will not make it - plus Skoronek will be on IR for first 8 weeks then that makes it even worse. I fear we are going to lose some real good talent the best back up depth we have ever had at some areas - DE, OLB, Wr, QB, TE.

Unfortunately we will need to acquire a spot for an extra RB.

Slickjack
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:08 am

Agreed, it’s going to very challenging. I am really pulling for Garret and Blanton. We might see some surprises. The QB thing is going to very interesting.

malibu
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:13 am

Slickjack wrote:
Agreed, it’s going to very challenging. I am really pulling for Garret and Blanton. We might see some surprises. The QB thing is going to very interesting.
Garrett must make the 53 he goes on the PS we lose great potential talent.

TE is a tough one. Not sure Blanton makes it.

haroldjackson
Pro-bowler

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:22 am

malibu wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:13 am
Slickjack wrote:
Garrett must make the 53 he goes on the PS we lose great potential talent.

TE is a tough one. Not sure Blanton makes it.
I agree Garrett's a definite keeper. I'd keep him over Obo or most of our other Olb's. He looks to be an elite talent as an edge rusher,
I'm going with Perkins as our #2 qb. He has a much higher ceiling than Wolford. I like the ability he showed to avoid the sack, and make plays with his legs. I believe he has a stronger arm than Wolford, too. And, I believe he's much more durable. If we waive Wolford, I believe there's a great possiblility we can bring him back. Perkins I believe would be snapped up by another team.

Claremontram
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:16 am

Harold:

I agree; Perkins could be groomed to be our #2 QB. Wolfie could go to the PS.

Need to find a reliable and durable KR and short-yardage RB.

Love Garrett and Koski. They will get poached if put on PS.

Cornell29
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:11 am

Not to late to make a few trades.

Imo

TEs will be Higbee, Harris, Mundt and Hopkins (Hopkins made some plays last game)
Blanton possibly to PS

Garrett, Floyd, Kiser, Young, Howard, Lawler, Jones, Reeder, Oko, and Hollins will all make the team. Lewis will go on short term IR.

Skoronek being on IR is a good thing. The rams can keep him and he won't count against the roster count.

Secondary
Reed, Rochell and Hughes makes the team and joins Scott, Rapp, Burgess, Ramsey, DW, Fuller and Long.

Only one wr out of Koski, Akers, Tristan will make the team. If Tristan injury isn't serious, my guess it will be him. The other two PS candidates.

Wolford makes it over Perkins. Possible the rams keep 3 qbs.

Ol will be the main 6 (starters plus Noteboom) and Shelton, Anchrum, Jackson and Evans.

Meredith Practice Squad

DL

A Shawn, The Legend (AD), SJD, Gaines, B Brown, E Brown, Banks and Jonah Williams

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:52 am

Cornell29 wrote:

Imo

TEs will be Higbee, Harris, Mundt and Hopkins (Hopkins made some plays last game)
Blanton possibly to PS

Garrett, Floyd, Kiser, Young, Howard, Lawler, Jones, Reeder, Oko, and Hollins will all make the team. Lewis will go on short term IR.

Skoronek being on IR is a good thing. The rams can keep him and he won't count against the roster count.

Secondary
Reed, Rochell and Hughes makes the team and joins Scott, Rapp, Burgess, Ramsey, DW, Fuller and Long.

Only one wr out of Koski, Akers, Tristan will make the team. If Tristan injury isn't serious, my guess it will be him. The other two PS candidates.

Ol will be the main 6 (starters plus Noteboom) and Shelton, Anchrum, Jackson and Evans.

Meredith Practice Squad

DL

A Shawn, The Legend (AD), SJD, Gaines, B Brown, E Brown, Banks and Jonah Williams
I actually think this is going to be quite close to how it ends up. Maybe a different DL IMO over Williams but I think accurate.

I agree all those LB’s will make team because of ST and for sure 9 of those OL will IMO. I can see all 10. So that what leaves us at 53 when you include LS, punter, n Gay along with the six WR’s? And this team may need to pick up a RB behind Henderson and Jones or keep Funk and/or Calais. One or both IMO will make 53. Actually you don’t mention RB’s. And what about Orr and Deayon in secondary?

Another team will also get a good WR out of Koski and T. Jackson. I don’t see both making 53 unless they only keep 3 TE’s which I could see. Neither will get to our PS IMO.

It’s why Perkins on the 53 is going to be a hard decision.

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:54 am

Well Calais is out 4-6 months so this team is probably picking up a RB before week one.

Cornell29
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:00 pm

I can't picture the rams only keeping 3 tight ends especially when one of the tight ends is a hybrid in Harris.

I'm waiting to see is the rams pick up another rb from waivers. Their actions will tell me alot about that position, especially next week when the real cuts happen. If I was to guess now it would have to be DH, X Man, and Funk.

Orr, Deayon or JJ could make the team. I went with JJ bc if he can play safety and corner. He also plays special teams

I went with Jonah bc he is a pass rusher and was a standout last week.

Last edited by Cornell29 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:01 pm

Blanton will make it because of his size. Hopkins will not… at least that’s how I see the TE position.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:06 pm

Cornell29 wrote:
I can't picture the rams only keeping 3 tight ends especially when one of the tight ends is a hybrid in Harris.

I'm waiting to see is the rams pick up another rb from waivers. Their actions will tell me alot about that position, especially next week when the real cuts happen. If I was to guess now it would have to be DH, X Man, and Funk.

Orr, Deayon or JJ could make the team. I went with JJ bc if he can play safety and corner. He also plays special teams

Yeah… not impressed with TuTu at ALL so far. Didn’t like the pick then and still don’t.

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:07 pm

Cornell29 wrote:

I don’t see how they cannot now go get another RB. And I agree just those 3 will make 53. McVay appears to really like Funk.

And the more this plays out I don’t see how Perkins makes roster just on numbers alone. To get him to PS we need to hope he is god awful against Denver because with Hodges gone he will again play the entire game Saturday. Was hoping they kept Hodges until the Denver games was over so he could take the snaps.

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:08 pm

Cornell29 wrote:

I actually like Hoect. Apples n oranges though………….

UplandRam
Site Admin

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:10 pm

Rams waive 3 players, including QB Devlin Hodges

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/0 ... preseason/

Cornell29
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:19 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:07 pm
Cornell29 wrote:

I don’t see how they cannot now go get another RB. And I agree just those 3 will make 53. McVay appears to really like Funk.

And the more this plays out I don’t see how Perkins makes roster just on numbers alone. To get him to PS we need to hope he is god awful against Denver because with Hodges gone he will again play the entire game Saturday. Was hoping they kept Hodges until the Denver games was over so he could take the snaps.
It would be good to see Perkins cut, and slip through the cracks and sign to the rams practice squad with the rams. Due to covid, the rams can protect him on the PS so no other team can get him.
My odds are 60/40 Perkins makes it through waivers. So many teams are trying to keep their players as long as possible to evaluate. It isn't likely they bring in a developmental qb this soon, but all it takes is one team to put in a claim. For example (Lions)

Interested in seeing if the rams take a chance and cut him, IMO they will. Unless a trade is made with Wolford which isn't likely.

Cornell29
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:19 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:08 pm
Cornell29 wrote:

I actually like Hoect. Apples n oranges though………….
Agreed. It could go either way.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:36 pm

This is why we shouldn’t cut Perkins.

Cornell29
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:41 pm

UplandRam wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:36 pm
This is why we shouldn’t cut Perkins.
Good point
But I don't know how the rams will keep him and Wolford. The numbers aren't adding up. It would be best that Perkins is on the PS, away from the other qbs, just in case Covid happens and protected from other teams being able to sign him. Getting Perkins to clear waivers will be tough and risky. I can go either way personally, I understand both sides of the argument. Tough situation for rams FO.

bigklein
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:48 pm

Perkins did things Saturday night that might have put Wolford on IR.

bigklein
Hall of Famer

That’s what she said.

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:53 pm

bigklein wrote:
That’s what she said.
come on BK... What a dad joke.

no one cares.

:lol: ;) Love ya buddy. I will never let this go, you started this and it makes me laugh every time you crack a joke. Every time I see this commercial, I think of you, pal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DMRamFan on Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cornell29
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:23 pm

I like Koski but I think Tristan will be harder to pass through waivers then Koski bc of the lions GM.

Rams since '66
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:39 pm

UplandRam wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:06 pm
Cornell29 wrote:

Yeah… not impressed with TuTu at ALL so far. Didn’t like the pick then and still don’t.
It's all about production. He's done nothing to show more than a gadget player. The jury's out with me for now.

Hacksaw
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:44 pm

You just new the Duck was toast when he didn't get in.
GO RAMS !!!
Way to GO DODGERS !!!
Way to GO LAKERS !!!

THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF,,,,,,, WAS

malibu
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:03 pm

Cornell29 wrote:

Imo

Blanton possibly to PS

Secondary
NoReed, Rochell and Hughes makes the team and joins Scott, Rapp, Burgess, Ramsey, DW, Fuller and Long.

Meredith Practice Squad

DL

I agree with everything here hopefully Koski over Jackson.

• Information