'21 Projections... USA Today has lost it.

Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
DMRamFan
Commissioner

Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:38 am

I have posted this every year, and its amazing how close a majority of these projections can end up by USA Today... But this years is just way off, imo. But, none the less... fun chart to keep an eye on...

My thoughts on the projections by USA Today below (Chart)

• Rams will win 12
• Titans will not win over 11 games
• Browns at 13-4... What world is this? This is nuts, BUT, it COULD be accurate. Im just not used to seeing the BROWNS at the top, new world boys... it's a new world. Ravens will win the division though at the end. Sorry, it's the BROWNS.
• Hawks will win more than 9
• IF the Raiders end up at 8-9, I see this being Gruden's last season in the desert.
• Bucs I dont think will do better than 12 wins, BUT they will win the division... maybe 4 weeks before the end of the season. Maybe 5.
• Goodness gracious, the Texans at only ONE win. Come on, Taylor is a good QB and was very solid before he got injured for the Chargers. I give the Texans around 7 wins. Maybe 8.
• If the Pats only win 9 games, you better believe cutting Newton will come back and haunt them.
• Washington will win the NFC Least with 10 games. I just think the Cowboys will hit a snag somewhere in the season.
• Steelers... will win at least 10 games.
• Bengals will win at least 8
• Jets will win at least 8 as well.

My Sleeper Team: Raiders. (almost put the Skins, but the Raiders will make the playoffs)
My Flopper Team: Fins
(wow, that rhymes :shock: )

Interesting season boys...

My wild card pic: Chargers will win division over the Chiefs. ;)

Cheeeeers.... LETS GO RAMS!!!

:mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NN1Badboy
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:16 pm

I think 12 wins is about right for the Rams. I can’t see San Fran winning our division again. Chargers will not beat the Chiefs in that division. and Raiders will suck again. 12 wins for the Bucs sounds about right. The Titans will win their division. And I see the Browns winning their division. Pittsburgh and Baltimore both have issues. Washington is a good pick to win the east. And Goff thinks the Lions can win their division. Man, he is still delusional...

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:08 pm

About the Texans...

Deshaun Watson lead the league in passing yards, completed over 70% of his passes and threw for 33 TD's against only 7 picks but their Offense still had a tough time scoring enough, finishing tied for18th in points scored. Despite that kind of season from him. they still won only 4 games.
How do they get to 7 or 8 wins with Taylor?

UplandRam
Site Admin

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:33 pm

As for the Browns, I don’t see 13-4. Tough division. More like 10-7

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:58 am

Rampager66 wrote:
About the Texans...

Deshaun Watson lead the league in passing yards, completed over 70% of his passes and threw for 33 TD's against only 7 picks but their Offense still had a tough time scoring enough, finishing tied for18th in points scored. Despite that kind of season from him. they still won only 4 games.
Good question R66, I believe they have the core talent that can help Taylor. He is a play maker. The only reason he’s not in a Charger uni is because he got hurt and boy wonder Herbert came in w guns blazing. I just think the Texans are better than many think. Now with Danny Amendola, things look even better. Lovie Smith is a solid DC. So, I just don’t see a team here with just one win. 7-8 could be a stretch, sure…. But, I think they get there.

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:08 am

DMRamFan wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:
About the Texans...

Good question R66, I believe they have the core talent that can help Taylor. He is a play maker. The only reason he’s not in a Charger uni is because he got hurt and boy wonder Herbert came in w guns blazing. I just think the Texans are better than many think. Now with Danny Amendola, things look even better. Lovie Smith is a solid DC. So, I just don’t see a team here with just one win. 7-8 could be a stretch, sure…. But, I think they get there.
The only time the guy was a starter, 2015-17 in Buffalo he had good numbers, and the Bills still were only 24-24 and ranked 11th, 12th and 22nd in points scored. He has been a career back up outside of that. 11 year vet at 32 years old, so I don't know.

And then there's this

https://www.espn.com/blog/houston-texan ... be-in-2021

Anything's possible as we saw with our 99 Rams but....

toast49
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:39 am

Projections look about right to me although I have the Rams at 9-8. Cardinals are going to be better than anticipated. I see them with 10 wins.

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:57 am

Rampager66 wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:
About the Texans...

The only time the guy was a starter, 2015-17 in Buffalo he had good numbers, and the Bills still were only 24-24 and ranked 11th, 12th and 22nd in points scored. He has been a career back up outside of that. 11 year vet at 32 years old, so I don't know.

And then there's this

Yep. I just dont have a lot of evidence to prove why I think they will 7-8 wins. More of a gut. Something NO ONE should wager on. ;) When he played for the Chargers and before he got hurt, he was pretty good from what I saw.

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:58 am

toast49 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:39 am
Projections look about right to me although I have the Rams at 9-8. Cardinals are going to be better than anticipated. I see them with 10 wins.
So you have the Rams coming in last place. Got it.

Commish
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:16 pm

Rampager66 wrote:
About the Texans...

I'm figuring the Texans to notch between four and six wins this year... :( :x :roll:

ram pathos...

--The Commish
UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:21 pm

Commish wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:16 pm
Rampager66 wrote:
About the Texans...

I'm figuring the Texans to notch between four and six wins this year... :( :x :roll:

ram pathos...

--The Commish
Yeah I believe they will struggle and draft high next year too...
Isn't it cool that we aren't talking about the good guys like this anymore? 8-)

Rampager66
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:25 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:57 am
Rampager66 wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:

And then there's this

Yep. I just dont have a lot of evidence to prove why I think they will 7-8 wins. More of a gut. Something NO ONE should wager on. ;) When he played for the Chargers and before he got hurt, he was pretty good from what I saw.
Sometimes our gut feeling ends up happening.... maybe you're on to something///
I don't recall him being a Charger so I'll have to take your word on it... :)

• Information