We’re positive

Humor, Politics, News and Other Topics NOT Related to Football.
DMRamFan
Commissioner

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:02 am

Welp, it was bound to happen one way or another. But the wife tested positive today. We all have very minor symptoms. Going to be rough quarantining for 10 days with 3 little ones. Pray for us! 😆

*As you guys know, we’re not vaxxed. So please don’t pass judgment. You know the reasons why we couldn’t get the jab.

I’ll be documenting our progress. Right now I feel fine, the wife has no taste or smell. If anyone else has had it in here, any pointers of how to pass the time is welcomed.

Let’s do this!

Rams since '66
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:11 am

DMRamFan wrote:
Welp, it was bound to happen one way or another. But the wife tested positive today. We all have very minor symptoms. Going to be rough quarantining for 10 days with 3 little ones. Pray for us! 😆

*As you guys know, we’re not vaxxed. So please don’t pass judgment. You know the reasons why we couldn’t get the jab.

I’ll be documenting our progress. Right now I feel fine, the wife has no taste or smell. If anyone else has had it in here, any pointers of how to pass the time is welcomed.

Let’s do this!
Well, odds are heavily in your favor for a full recovery. And afterward you all will have superior durable immunity. And plenty of extra time to post here. Good luck!

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:13 am

DMRamFan wrote:

Let’s do this!
you'll be fine DM. take the vitamins your dr suggests, Vitamin D for starters. lay low it will all work out.

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:03 pm

Thx OC and ‘66. All is good. Hardest part might be keep 3 little ones busy for the next 10 days stuck in a house. Thank goodness we have a big yard, but still… it’s already testing my patience. Had to go pick the kids up at school. Now I’m taking care of the 3 of them (ages 10 months - 6 yrs). Running my company and being a nurse to a nurse (thank goodness I don’t have to give or take any rectal exams though! 😜)

And of course Mr. Cleveland, as always… thx for the warm kind wishes.

HellRam
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:06 pm

I had for 2 weeks in November.

It was hell for me and I lost a good amount of weight. However, I have a weaker immune system and the typical cold or flu is rough for me as well. Thus why I go to the gym 5 days a week and eat healthy most the time. The girl I was seeing at the time was with me the whole time and she never got it or was asymptomatic.

Its a weird illness for sure. But if you're healthy you virtually almost have nothing to worry about. My friend got over it in 2 days.

Rammer
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:07 pm

DMRamFan wrote:

Let’s do this!
I wish you no ill will but I am gonna pass some judgement. Even though the odds are very small for you and your immediate family, it was still a risk that you didn't need to take. For what? Also, how about the people that you and family came into contact with during the shedding period right before any of you showed symptoms and went for the test? Do we not care about them? Again for what? to prove some political point?
Last edited by Rammer on Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HellRam
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:21 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:17 pm
HellRam wrote:

It was hell for me and I lost a good amount of weight. However, I have a weaker immune system and the typical cold or flu is rough for me as well. Thus why I go to the gym 5 days a week and eat healthy most the time. The girl I was seeing at the time was with me the whole time and she never got it or was asymptomatic.

Its a weird illness for sure. But if you're healthy you virtually almost have nothing to worry about. My friend got over it in 2 days.
It simply means she never touched he

Or it means she just has a better natural immunity to the disease. Some get sick, some dont. For multiple reasons.

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:33 pm

Rammer wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:

Let’s do this!
I wish you no ill will but I am gonna pass some judgement. Even though the odds are very small for you and your immediate family, it was still a risk that you didn't need to take. For what? Also, how about the people that you and family came into contact with during the shedding period right before any of you showed symptoms and went for the test? Do we not care about them? Again for what? to prove some political point?
You’re not making sense. Even vaxxed people catch Covid. In fact we believe we got it from some of our vaxxed friends. Found out last ngt they had Covid and they never told us. They were vaxxed so they thought they were just fine. We haven’t been around anyone since my wife showed symptoms today!

Political point? WTH? Where have you been? This was never political for me. My cousin got the Vax, has blood clots and now on blood thinners. My friend in Nor Cal got the jab and hasn’t been the same since. Lastly, my wife’s close friend in San Diego got the jab and she’s been in the ER for two weeks. So no, it’s not political, we’re not in high risk categories. So we wanted to wait.

Now apparently we’ll have 12 times the strength with the antibodies. Look, everyone makes their own free decision. We’re not going anywhere for 10 days. Goodness, Rammer!

Why is this all so hard to understand for some?

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:38 pm

HellRam wrote:

Thx man. Yes, we both workout 5-6 days a week, no underlying issues. Maybe I could trim 15 pounds 😜. But in overall good health. Hope I don’t get it too bad. Hardest part is my daughters birthday is next week. Had to postpone the whole thing. Ugh

HellRam
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:39 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
HellRam wrote:

Thx man. Yes, we both workout 5-6 days a week, no underlying issues. Maybe I could trim 15 pounds 😜. But in overall good health. Hope I don’t get it too bad. Hardest part is my daughters birthday is next week. Had to postpone the whole thing. Ugh
Hey man I see those 500 pounders walking around still. No way they out live you!!!

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:47 pm

HellRam wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:39 pm
DMRamFan wrote:
HellRam wrote:

Hey man I see those 500 pounders walking around still. No way they out live you!!!
The people of Walmart 🤣🤣🤣

Rammer
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:00 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
Rammer wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:

Let’s do this!
You’re not making sense. Even vaxxed people catch Covid. In fact we believe we got it from some of our vaxxed friends. Found out last ngt they had Covid and they never told us. They were vaxxed so they thought they were just fine. We haven’t been around anyone since my wife showed symptoms today!

Political point? WTH? Where have you been? This was never political for me. My cousin got the Vax, has blood clots and now on blood thinners. My friend in Nor Cal got the jab and hasn’t been the same since. Lastly, my wife’s close friend in San Diego got the jab and she’s been in the ER for two weeks. So no, it’s not political, we’re not in high risk categories. So we wanted to wait.

Now apparently we’ll have 12 times the strength with the antibodies. Look, everyone makes their own free decision. We’re not going anywhere for 10 days. Goodness, Rammer!

Understand what? I get it that you are at low risk of dying. But why don't you understand that it's not all just about you? It's about protecting others.

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:07 pm

Rammer wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:
Rammer wrote:

Understand what? I get it that you are at low risk of dying. But why don't you understand that it's not all just about you? It's about protecting others.
I didn’t realize you worked for CNN?! You taking over for Don Lemon? All this shaming…

What the heck are you talking about STILL? When did I say this was about me? Because I choose to wait to see long term side affects? Sorry dude, you lost me.

How am I hurting others? People who have the Vax get sick. People who don’t have the Vax, get sick. If one chooses not to get the Vax yet, and they get sick, that’s on the person who chose not to get the Vax. But it doesn’t matter if you have a room full of vaxxed or non vaxxed. Both parties get sick.

EVEN IF I WAS FULLY VAXXED I COULD STILL GET OTHER SICK, JUST THE SAME AS IF I WASNT VAXXED. What’s so hard to understand about that?

Stop this nonsense shaming man. I like ya Rammer, but I’m done w this w you. Shaming doesn’t fly in here.

Rams since '66
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:29 pm

Rammer wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:
Rammer wrote:

Stabbed people are at the same risk of getting and transmitting the virus. They can potentially carry higher viral loads in their nostrils as well. So it isn't about protecting others. At best it is about protecting yourself. Anyone who is concerned about self protection after getting stabbed is best served by staying home and wearing a well fitted N-95 around family members.

TustinRam
Site Admin
Role: MCP

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:30 pm

Damn DM! Hoping the best for the both of you!

To everyone else, now is not the time nor place for “I told you so”.

Rams since '66
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:36 pm

Another indicator that it is less about health and more so about control and punishment.

https://notthebee.com/article/red-state ... ioning-it/

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:44 pm

Rammer, sorry for being so aggressive in my replies. I’m down and out w a massive headache. Covid sucks. I just disagree with your statement. That’s all. Otherwise, you’re still sexy. Sorry man

Rams since '66
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:45 pm

TustinRam wrote:

This is one time I'd disagree with you Tustin. DM was open about his status and the odds are extremely high that he and his family will weather this with no worse than a severe case of cabin fever plus heightened and durable immunity.
I'd be more concerned if DM posted that he was driving through Chicago on the Cook County Expressway this weekend.
I'd agree with you should someone's health turn for the worse.

TustinRam
Site Admin
Role: MCP

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:04 pm

Rams since '66 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:45 pm
TustinRam wrote:

This is one time I'd disagree with you Tustin. DM was open about his status and the odds are extremely high that he and his family will weather this with no worse than a severe case of cabin fever plus heightened and durable immunity.
I'd be more concerned if DM posted that he was driving through Chicago on the Cook County Expressway this weekend.
I'd agree with you should someone's health turn for the worse.
Fair enough. My comment was more directed at a certain notorious poster that seems to go to many threads just to SUS

HellRam
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:17 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:44 pm
Rammer, sorry for being so aggressive in my replies. I’m down and out w a massive headache. Covid sucks. I just disagree with your statement. That’s all. Otherwise, you’re still sexy. Sorry man
I never get headaches and that was one of my worst symptoms.

God willing....you'll get over it much faster then I did.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Let’s all pause for a moment, put aside all the political stuff and our own feelings on the vaccine. This is a time compassion and thoughtfulness.
Hoping for a speedy and complete recovery ❤️🩹

DMRamFan
Commissioner

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:27 pm

UplandRam wrote:
Let’s all pause for a moment, put aside all the political stuff and our own feelings on the vaccine. This is a time compassion and thoughtfulness.
Thanks bud. We’re all gonna get this, my time is now. Thank goodness for this forum. Something to keep me sane for the next 10 days… aren’t you all just thrilled about that! 🤪😜 At least I know Raminec is. Lol. 🤡

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:13 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:16 pm
Rammer wrote:
DMRamFan wrote:

Let’s do this!
You're spewing a bunch of fictional BS. There's no shedding period. You catch it by touch ing something and then touching your face.

Risk you didn't need to take? Oh, like that untested vac that is actually doing harm but the media keeps hidden while you're threatened for not taking it.

No such thing as asymptomatic spread.
millions of people have gotten the vax without any side effects. get your head out of the cave

ocram23
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:17 pm

DMRamFan wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:27 pm
UplandRam wrote:
Thanks bud. We’re all gonna get this, my time is now. Thank goodness for this forum. Something to keep me sane for the next 10 days… aren’t you all just thrilled about that! 🤪😜 At least I know Raminec is. Lol. 🤡
now that was funny. good to have a sense of humor in all of this.....be safe

NorCal RF
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:18 pm

DMRamFan wrote:

Let’s do this!
Definitely yes prayers. Just take care of each other. We just had a close friend in his 40’s have a trach put in this morning. Been hospitalized and in a coma with the virus for 3 weeks now. It’s been really touch and go for a while for him. His wife told us this morning that docs said they think he is turning the corner but at least another 3 weeks in hospital and then 2 weeks at a rehabilitation facility. Wife was hospitalized too with it but now home but on a oxygen tank.

Again DM take care of each other.

• Information